= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
I can agree to that. I actually started The Chronicles of Prydain series and read the first two books: The Book of Three and The Black Cauldron. Unfortunately, this was also around the same time when 007 Goldeneye came out on the N64. Suffice to say I never finished the series.
[customspoiler="OT children's literature stuff"]
Too bad you never finished them. Taken as a whole, they compare favorably with Tolkein's work, even though they're definitely intended for a younger audience (although The Hobbit is also really children's literature). The Prydain Chronicles are rooted in Celtic and Welsh mythology and I found them interesting just for some of the unusual names. However, they are great stories with a diverse cast of characters and classic themes (the hero discovers too late that it's often more fulfilling to be something as humble as a pig-keeper than as exalted as a king).

If I had kids, this is one series I'd definitely read to/with them.

[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler="OT children's literature stuff"]
Too bad you never finished them. Taken as a whole, they compare favorably with Tolkein's work, even though they're definitely intended for a younger audience (although The Hobbit is also really children's literature). The Prydain Chronicles are rooted in Celtic and Welsh mythology and I found them interesting just for some of the unusual names. However, they are great stories with a diverse cast of characters and classic themes (the hero discovers too late that it's often more fulfilling to be something as humble as a pig-keeper than as exalted as a king).

If I had kids, this is one series I'd definitely read to/with them.

[/customspoiler]
Yeah, I remember really liking the first two. I liked them because they were different, interesting and had a good bit of mythology and imagination. I kind of wish I would've continued to finish them now. Never too late, but time just doesn't lend itself out enough these days.

It definitely would be a good series to read to or with kids. Although since I have no Princess Eilonwy and I'm not an Assistant Pig-Keeper it'll probably be awhile before that happens though. ;)

Not sure why the disappointment in Bardbarian - seems to be an interesting game with an original premise, decent art style. I'd give it a shot, plus didn't it literally get released like 2 weeks ago on steam. 

Not sure why the disappointment in Bardbarian - seems to be an interesting game with an original premise, decent art style. I'd give it a shot, plus didn't it literally get released like 2 weeks ago on steam.
Agreed. Sure it's an iOS port, but it turns this into a really solid bundle for the asking price.

IOS port and it looks like shit, it's really that simple. What exactly is this "art style" you speak of? It's just another game with zero production values in the graphics area because little Timmy can't do animations and modeling.

I agree with this. The graphics aren't that great, but it looks like something with interesting gameplay, at least, and it looks better than pretty much everything else in this weak-ass BM (Sang-Froid's been bundled before, so I'm not counting it).

I will say something appearing on Steam a week before isn't really an argument in favor of it, though. Stuff that gets greenlit and posted to Steam tends to appear in one or more bundles shortly thereafter (unless appearing in multiple bundles is how it got greenlit in the first place).

Interesting

Dollar Days

If you purchased Be Mine 12 at $3.50, you can now get extra full bundles for $1!

I haven't been buying from Groupees that long, but I don't remember seeing that before. Anyone interested in hosting? I've held off on this one, but at ~$1.50 instead of $3.50 I'm in.

Interesting

Dollar Days
If you purchased Be Mine 12 at $3.50, you can now get extra full bundles for $1!

I haven't been buying from Groupees that long, but I don't remember seeing that before. Anyone interested in hosting? I've held off on this one, but at ~$1.50 instead of $3.50 I'm in.
I didn't think they'd go the indie gala route but their bundles have been on par with gala as of late.

Interesting

Dollar Days

Hm. Well if anyone does want to do this, I'd be in for $1 for Bardbarian and the wilderness thing.

I didn't think they'd go the indie gala route but their bundles have been on par with gala as of late.
From my perspective -- more like Royale. I've bought lots of Galas recently and they've at least had good games in them, despite some repeats.

I'd say this bundle is worth a buck to me. Too bad you had to have purchased it previously in order to get it at that price.

I'm in for 1.50 as well if someone decides to do it. I would play that wilderness game, bardbarian and gift half minute hero (good game!) and likely play that beatblasters 3, but yeah decently weak bundle overall sans Sang Froid and Half Minute Hero.

BTW saw Shinyloot Roguelike Bundle up.

Hero Siege, FlatSpace, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Crayon Chronicles, Tower of Eglathia for minimum dollar i'm guessing.

3 dollars or more to get SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition.

Also Kilgazar is the bonus to unlock.

Yuck, I love rogue likes and actually have most of these, so a big time pass! I did like SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition particularly with the ESP DLC. All those DLC add a lot and are more like expansion packs. It's a little slower than the usual rogue-like game but still fun imho. 

I'm also in for $1 or so if someone hosts but it doesn't sound like anyone is biting.

*Edited to add: For the extremely anal among us who lack the subtlety to comprehend "or so" I will clarify and state that yes I am willing to pay $1.50.

I'm also in for $1 or so if someone hosts but it doesn't sound like anyone is biting.
Who wants to pay $3.50 when everyone else pays $1? I think the $1.50 offers look better. At that price, you only need to dole out 4 bundles before being down to $1.50 cost yourself.

Hence the or so part of my comment nitpicker.
I honestly completely missed the "or so" in there.

If no one who already bought steps forward to help out (and lower their cost) I'll go ahead and buy one at $3.50 and grab extras for people.

I honestly was going to grab this one anyway. The $1 tier is awfully weak, but the upper tier has some draw, largely as A-Train looks pretty neat. If this had been a full name-your-price like the last one I probably would have done about $3 on it. Maybe $2.50. I would have passed on the whole thing at $5.

If no one who already bought steps forward to help out (and lower their cost) I'll go ahead and buy one at $3.50 and grab extras for people.
Their wording suggests that you have to have already bought the bundle at full price to be eligible for that $1 price.

Who wants to pay $3.50 when everyone else pays $1? I think the $1.50 offers look better. At that price, you only need to dole out 4 bundles before being down to $1.50 cost yourself.
I feel the host should get his/her for free so if you host you should just make the other people evenly split your bundle. $3.50 + $10 would be $1.35 per bundle (round it up to $1.50 for your trouble) and you also get your bundle free for hosting.

I'm in at $1.50 if you do it.

Their wording suggests that you have to have already bought the bundle at full price to be eligible for that $1 price.
I'd say the wording is not clear on that. That doesn't really encourage anyone new to buy in, and with the sales being as poor as they are, they need some new buy-ins.

I'll keep an eye on the chat.

I bought the bundle a few days ago on a whim because I only had Half Minute Hero in the top tier. So I'd be willing to pickup some bundles for anyone interested. Just send me a PM. $1.50 seems to be the general consensus to being fair.

If I get a ton of PMs within the next hour or so (by around 12:00 PM PST) I'll adjust and lower the price to compensate.

Edit: I'll take either PayPal or an Amazon GC for payment.

Edit #2: I've finished taking bundle orders. Thanks everyone

I caved and bought this shit last night because I didn't wanna miss it since only 3 days were left. (Despite originally being against the price of the bundle, fuck you too GroupeesGala).

You're welcome everybody!

(Also taking orders to hopefully get some of my money back, I'll match Deuter's $1.50 until I get 6 or 7 orders, then I'll lower the price).

I bought this bundle the other day too. I'll pick up extra sets for anyone that wants to cover the cost of doing so. I'm not looking to profit or get mine covered, just wanting to give back to the community. Shoot me a PM. I'm at work right now so I'll be able to pick up the bundles at the end of the day.

Perhaps those of you willing to host could specify the method of payment you'd prefer. It's much easier for me to to Amazon GC than Paypal. Others might be in the same boat.

I bought this bundle the other day too. I'll pick up extra sets for anyone that wants to cover the cost of doing so. I'm not looking to profit or get mine covered, just wanting to give back to the community. Shoot me a PM. I'm at work right now so I'll be able to pick up the bundles at the end of the day.
Curses. Generosity has foiled me again. You're too good of a guy, Chrono. How is anyone supposed to make their regret purchase pay for itself now? :p

Perhaps those of you willing to host could specify the method of payment you'd prefer. It's much easier for me to to Amazon GC than Paypal. Others might be in the same boat.
Oh, I can take PayPal or Amazon GC. My bad.

Sorry Bobby. Didn't want to undermine. I even waited to post so you'd for sure get some hits.

I can take Paypal for sure. Never taken an Amazon payment before so I'd imagine my student account isn't set up for it. Though I'd take gift credit if it could be issued in such a small amount. I'll respond to all the PMs I got this evening.

Amazon payment is just a code that acts like an e-gift certificate to Amazon and gives you Amazon credit. Anyone with any Amazon account can use it.

It's not very reassuring when you've already purchased the full bundle but selecting the $1 tier still takes away the full tier games ...

It's not very reassuring when you've already purchased the full bundle but selecting the $1 tier still takes away the full tier games ...
Someone in the 90s AOL style chat that Groupees insists on using said "Just bought the bundle again for 1$ only to test and yep, all games are unlocked, even the ones that are only highlighted for 3.50 $" if that's any consolation.

Someone in the 90s AOL style chat that Groupees insists on using said "Just bought the bundle again for 1$ only to test and yep, all games are unlocked, even the ones that are only highlighted for 3.50 $" if that's any consolation.
Now, now.

It's possible you are being a bit unfair with your description.

I think AOL's chat was far more developed and user-friendly by the 90s.

Sorry Bobby. Didn't want to undermine. I even waited to post so you'd for sure get some hits. I can take Paypal for sure. Never taken an Amazon payment before so I'd imagine my student account isn't set up for it. Though I'd take gift credit if it could be issued in such a small amount. I'll respond to all the PMs I got this evening.
It's okay. I think everyone's already ordered through Deuter for $1.50. I'd have posted this morning but of course Friday is one of my busiest days at work... fuck.

I tried GroupBuys but someone immediately posted a thread afterwards at-cost. I just want my $2.50 back. :whistle2:( fucking Groupees.

I can pick up bundles for people too although I'm rather busy today so I can't guarantee a quick turnaround. $1.50 is fine.
I think everybody already sent requests to Deuter, but more competition is healthy.. right? :p

Thanks everyone for all the PMs!

I won't be taking anymore Be Mine 12 bundle orders for this innagural Dollar Days deal so others can host and make back a few cents as well.

I'm in the process of PMing everyone back with the group reduced rate. Thanks.

It's okay. I think everyone's already ordered through Deuter for $1.50. I'd have posted this morning but of course Friday is one of my busiest days at work... fuck.

I tried GroupBuys but someone immediately posted a thread afterwards at-cost. I just want my $2.50 back. :whistle2:( fucking Groupees.

I think everybody already sent requests to Deuter, but more competition is healthy.. right? :p
I've gotten about 10 PMs so far. Hopefully you've gotten a few too. Just wish I knew how long I have to get the orders in since I won't be able to sort everything out until this evening when I get home from work.

I've gotten about 10 PMs so far. Hopefully you've gotten a few too. Just wish I knew how long I have to get the orders in since I won't be able to sort everything out until this evening when I get home from work.
Should be for 5 more days if I'm reading the email Groupees sent a little bit ago correctly, which is odd since the bundle is ending in two days but maybe they'll extend.

Be Mine 12 Dollar Days Sale! - If you purchased the bundle for $3.50, you can now buy or gift extra full bundles for $1 !!

The Be Mine 12 Music & Charity Bundle, with support to Aid For Japan, a charity for children orphaned by the Japanese tsunami & earthquake. Bonuses unlocked! A New Beginning: Final Cut, Ilamentia, Luminosity + lots of great albums + more to unlock! Game titles include: Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves, BeatBlasters III, Gun Metal, Half Minute Hero, Epigenesis, Echo of the Wilds, A-Train 8 + Bardbarian! $1 min for first 3 games in list + Bonus Games, $3.50 for all games. Promotion ends in 5 days! Get it HERE

Thanks everyone for all the PMs!

I won't be taking anymore Be Mine 12 bundle orders for this innagural Dollar Days deal so others can host and make back a few cents as well.

I'm in the process of PMing everyone back with the group reduced rate. Thanks.
Thank you for taking pity upon me, haha. It just figures that I finally buy it and 12 hours later, it's pretty much $1 (I even bought a second bundle at $1 last night like I usually do..). Is this how people who buy things right before Steam sales feel?

The only explanation is that the IndieGala folks have taken over Groupees, dear.
Seriously. Group buys and now a possible time extension?

I'm guessing you want a 10% finder's fee now. :p But honestly, thanks.

Thank you for taking pity upon me, haha. It just figures that I finally buy it and 12 hours later, it's pretty much $1 (I even bought a second bundle at $1 last night like I usually do..). Is this how people who buy things right before Steam sales feel?
The whole Dollar Day$ thing surprised everyone, I doubt there was a CAG that had any insight to this being a real possibility. No worries at all, I wasn't out to make a profit but just to get my bundle price down and help out others as well. In the end the 9 CAGs who PM'd me and myself all got the Be Mine 12 bundle for the same cheap price. Everybody won.

I guess we all know now that perhaps buying a Groupees bundle (or a Be Mine bundle specifically?) early isn't the best idea. Because even people who buy at $3.50 today could still reap in the benefits of buying additional $1 gift bundles. I assume they might reevaluate that in the future as it would drive people to wait on buying until a few days left. Groupees has been trying a few new things with their bundles lately though, maybe this is another test to see how many more bundles they can push.

I know I usually buy Be Mine Bundles only if I'm comfortable with the top tier, otherwise I'll wait and see if the dollar tier with bonuses is good enough to buy. This was really one of the weakest Be Mine bundles easily, and it's hard to say if they would do this in the future. I'm glad of the lower price though (thanks again Deuterium7!) cause I was easily going to pass on the bundle, kind of like I do pretty much on most Indiegala bundles, though if they look decent I'll ask to be in a HH early. 

I guess we all know now that perhaps buying a Groupees bundle (or a Be Mine bundle specifically?) early isn't the best idea. Because even people who buy at $3.50 today could still reap in the benefits of buying additional $1 gift bundles. I assume they might reevaluate that in the future as it would drive people to wait on buying until a few days left. Groupees has been trying a few new things with their bundles lately though, maybe this is another test to see how many more bundles they can push.
I'm guessing this was a makeshift response to really poor sales on this bundle and not something we can count on seeing again. Of course, if they don't improve the quality of the next Be Mine....

bread's done
Back