Groupme/Cag Fantasy League

The main reason I chose 9pm was because of Matt, who lives on the west coast. But he wont be able to make that time anyway. I wouldn't mind moving to a litttle earlier if that worked for everyone else.

Ok so I tried to see if there was an option for a fantasy draft, even went as far as starting the league. It never gave me the option for a fantasy draft. Idk if it had anything to do with switching commissioners but anyway I've gone ahead and created a new franchise. I've confirmed this one gives me the option to start with a fantasy draft. I've sent out invites to the original 16, plus uber and perditiontroy. Ghmanron I've sent you a p.m about joining the league. Everyone try to stick with the division you initially signed up for. Also on that note, doc wants to be in blades division so he joined as the colts. So if perditiontroy could sign up as one of the teams in the nfc south , that would be preferred.

Edit: perditiontroy, I remembered your first post in the thread said you wanted the falcons, so that works out if you want to stick with them.

[quote name='Chetty12']Ok so I tried to see if there was an option for a fantasy draft, even went as far as starting the league. It never gave me the option for a fantasy draft. Idk if it had anything to do with switching commissioners but anyway I've gone ahead and created a new franchise. I've confirmed this one gives me the option to start with a fantasy draft. I've sent out invites to the original 16, plus uber and perditiontroy. Ghmanron I've sent you a p.m about joining the league. Everyone try to stick with the division you initially signed up for. Also on that note, doc wants to be in blades division so he joined as the colts. So if perditiontroy could sign up as one of the teams in the nfc south , that would be preferred.

Edit: perditiontroy, I remembered your first post in the thread said you wanted the falcons, so that works out if you want to stick with them.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate that dude.

whatever time u pick will work for me. im unsure how well a fantasy draft will work for me i hope i dont screw up to bad in this draft. kinda wish it was sooner though damn holidays

EDIT: in the fantasy draft do we sign all players to new contracts or do we get the existing contracts? or does it even matter will we have a cap?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DVO21']whatever time u pick will work for me. im unsure how well a fantasy draft will work for me i hope i dont screw up to bad in this draft. kinda wish it was sooner though damn holidays

EDIT: in the fantasy draft do we sign all players to new contracts or do we get the existing contracts? or does it even matter will we have a cap?[/QUOTE]

I just did a test draft. Each team has 45 seconds per pick to select. The draft starts with only a certain pool of players available to be selected. Starting in round 7, every 6 rounds the draft is paused and more players are added to the pool. The draft is 54 rounds long. Players are signed to new contracts which I'm guessing are based around age/ovr/position/round selected. If you're curious about the contract situation, I'm going to leave my test franchise up for anyone to join and check out. The name is cag fantasy test and the password is cag.

I noticed last night only 12 people have resigned up for the new franchise. Ill start p.m.ing the people that still need to join when I get home tonight.

Just sent out the Pm to the 5 remaining players to join the new franchise. I'll be sending out a PM tomorrow when i have more time with voting on the rules that should be in place. If anyone has any suggestions about what should be voted on, feel free to post and i'll add it to the list.

I sent out PM's to everyone but LV(mailbox is full) about the rules. Depending on how quickly i get responses, i'll start posting rules in the thread and in the thread OP. I also forgot to ask in the PM's if everyone is ok with moving the draft time to 8 PM on Saturday January 5th instead of 9 PM. Also is everyone ok with the people missing the draft, having the ability to look over the teams and rejoining as whatever cpu selected team they like the most?

alright thank for the reminder i will be there for sure unless soemthing crazy comes up. how is the draft order get picked and is it like a flip flop type draft as in 1-32 1st round then 32-1 2nd round then back and fourth as we go?

[quote name='DVO21']alright thank for the reminder i will be there for sure unless soemthing crazy comes up. how is the draft order get picked and is it like a flip flop type draft as in 1-32 1st round then 32-1 2nd round then back and fourth as we go?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is serpentine. So if you pick first, second round you pick 32nd. And I believe the order is randomly generated when I start the draft.

Do you have any sort of guess on how long it'll take? I have a feeling we're going to be up LATE. Well past Vikings-Packers at least.

I actually got 50 yard line tickets gifted to me yesterday to watch my alma mater play for the championship on Saturday early afternoon. I'll try to be back in time but its. 3.5 hour drive one way. I'm sorry guys! Is everyone ok with the comp drafting for me if I need it to? Or Blade if he's ok with it?

[quote name='Docb9110']I actually got 50 yard line tickets gifted to me yesterday to watch my alma mater play for the championship on Saturday early afternoon. I'll try to be back in time but its. 3.5 hour drive one way. I'm sorry guys! Is everyone ok with the comp drafting for me if I need it to? Or Blade if he's ok with it?[/QUOTE]

How am I going to draft for you?

Looking forward to the draft. Will we give some time for the preseason? I'm sure most of us will want to get some work in with our new teams.

Did we want to use the current rosters? Looking at the league now, it looks like these are the week 1 rosters. Though I'm not sure whether you can even use the new ones for CC.

[quote name='Docb9110']I thought it was fantasy draft anyways? Lol[/QUOTE]

It matters for player ratings. For example, JJ Watt is a 99 in the current rosters, but he's only in the mid-80s in the ones we're using.

It doesn't really matter which we use, but it helps to know so you can keep a few players in mind.

[quote name='Docb9110']I thought it was fantasy draft anyways? Lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I do agree its nice to use the most recent rosters unfortunately the only ones they provide you to choose are preseason roster, week 1 roster and week 4 rosters. I chose the latest I could.

There is still 3 people who need to join. Grand cru, lv and og whitewidow. Let me know if you need new invites.

[quote name='Chetty12']There is still 3 people who need to join. Grand cru, lv and og whitewidow. Let me know if you need new invites.[/QUOTE]

I texted LV for you.

[quote name='bvharris']Ugh, picking right in the middle. Rather be at the end of the 1st.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I'm at 18

[quote name='bvharris']Jimmy Graham 1st overall. CPU's gonna do some weird shit it seems.[/QUOTE]

I got a laugh out of that too

[quote name='ubernes']Any highlights for my team? Romo? Revis? Michael Irvin?[/QUOTE]

Matt Ryan, Ware, Hernandez, Harvin

Free agency will be closed for tonight and it will be open for everybody at noon est tomorrow. That will also be the deadline for anyone who was not able to make the draft to let me know if they want to switch teams.

Edit: instead of noon, we will change it to 6 PM est on both deadlines.

If you play a computer or a human that didn't attend the draft, don't play the game until after the 6 p.m deadline tomorrow. If you did draft your team and play someone that drafted a team or someone who is sticking with their team, play whenever.

Wow, 53 rounds of the draft took pretty much exactly the same amount of time as the Packers-Vikings game. That worked out well.

my team is stacked i said for the whole draft and random good players at late rounds came out and no one was around to grab them i got lucky

I like my team. I went very offense-heavy early and I was very worried my defense was going to be terrible other than my corners (Haden+Talib+McCourty), but I managed to cobble together a decent unit.

bread's done
Back