Groupon Select promo 50% off first purchase (up to $50) Works on Switch Lite YMMV

KevinMassacre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So I was looking at Switch Lites on groupon goods because if you join Groupon Select you get 15% off purchases and free shipping for being a member. When I put the Switch Lite in my cart and went to "my cart," a green banner appeared at the top of the screen that said "Get $50 off this item." The promo is actually 50% off your first purchase, up to $50. You have to join Groupon Selects to get the promo. But here is why this may be YMMV. The promo didnt appear at checkout so I did a live chat with customer service and they were super nice and they placed the order for me and applied the $50 promo. The total came to $154.41 charged to my card.

This promo will lock you in to 6 months of groupon select @4.99 a month with the first month free which comes out to $25 spread out over a 5 month period.  My GCU expired and I buy so many games that the 15% off all purchases and free shipping works for me. This may not be for everyone.

[attachment=33016:Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 3.28.08 PM.png]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP! The same thing happened to me. It was $5 to sign up with Selects and it automatically gave me a $30 off coupon. I just got onto chat and explained the situation and they gave me another $20 off since the promo didn't work for me either. 

Thanks, OP! The same thing happened to me. It was $5 to sign up with Selects and it automatically gave me a $30 off coupon. I just got onto chat and explained the situation and they gave me another $20 off since the promo didn't work for me either.
Yep! thats pretty much exactly the same thing that happened to me. Cheers!

Yep. Be careful everyone. Sounds like you're in for 6 months now.

"† We'll charge your credit card 5 payments of $4.99/month.

After initial 6-month membership, you'll be automatically billed $4.99/month."

https://www.groupon.com/programs/select?utm_source=GCS_&utm_medium=faq&utm_campaign=FAQ
If this is the case Im fine with it. My GCU finally expired and I buy so many games for all my consoles that the 15% off all purchases and free shipping is a bonus for me. This may not be for everyone though, so thanks for the update. Im wondering if I wasnt charged the fee because the promo didnt work and I had to go through customer service who just added the promo money as groupon bucks. Im starting to think Im not locked in for 6 months at all. I am going to keep my eye on it. I updated the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back