Growing a Beard

kakomu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I'm on day 3 or 4 of growing a beard, and it's going to start itching soon. The problem is that my hair is curly, so it tends to itch for a rather long period of time. What types of things do you guys use to take facial hair itch down during the growing period?

[quote name='capitalist_mao']I'm on day 3 or 4 of growing a beard, and it's going to start itching soon. The problem is that my hair is curly, so it tends to itch for a rather long period of time. What types of things do you guys use to take facial hair itch down during the growing period?[/QUOTE]

Shave.

In all seriousness though there's nothing you can really do about it but wash your face several times a day and keep it clean. The itching comes from the hairs curling back towards your face as they grow out and rubbing against your skin. You're just going to have to be a man and tough it out. It's good for you. It builds character.

I've grown a beard a couple of times, but it never did stop itching. It seems kind of strange, because my goatee doesn't itch much at all.

A while back I was playing in a poker game where the loser was not allowed to shave for a month. I lost, and after realizing how amazing it is to not have to shave every day, I kept the beard.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Damn straight if you can't be man enough to deal with the itching then you're not man enough to have a beard![/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I shave once a week. I should probably shave at least everyother day, but I really cant be bothered. I generally shave Sunday night/Monday morning so I'm smooth for work and then as the week goes I just get more crazy sexy rugged. On Saturday, my sexyness is at maximum capacity. Any longer and I start looking scrubby. I had a beard for a while, it was a little itchy. Goatee is where its at for me. The lower hairs on my stash reach my my mouth and I bite them off... Not related, but what ever...

I had to grow a beard for a play one time. If this image is too big, I'll change it to a link instead.

shaving.jpg

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Damn straight if you can't be man enough to deal with the itching then you're not man enough to have a beard![/QUOTE]

QFT.

Up until yesterday I went 4 days without shaving and I was seriously considering growing a beard. Then I woke up yesterday and thought, "WTF, I don't want a beard", and promptly shaved it.

I got mutton chops and a stripe goatee...

Yeah; I jacked Hellboy's facial hair. ;o

[quote name='varsitygamer']I had to grow a beard for a play one time. If this image is too big, I'll change it to a link instead.
*biggassspic*
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Thats either photoshopped or he naturally looks like he has a chia pet on his chin.

bread's done
Back