"Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time" for $20 @ Amazon

[quote name='chunlirocks']still seems a little high. How does this one compare to the past ones?

Loved generations on the ps2[/QUOTE]
It's considered one of the best (if not THE best) in the series.

46 endings, man. 46. Endings.

[quote name='chunlirocks']still seems a little high. How does this one compare to the past ones?

The first 2/3 of the game are frustratingly/unfairly difficult. I don't remember the PS2 version being like that at all.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Picked up a copy, wife asked me about it a few months back. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Wife ? really. I think i'm in love

lol

This is a great price for an excellent game. I think I am around 40 hours into it, and loving the plot. It's a bit slow first couple of hours but stick with it and you will be rewarded with a very expansive game.

Great price for such a great game.
kaching

The only reason to not bite on this is a subpar dubbing. Atlus skimped out and cut a lot of the dialogue out from the localization. If you're not a purist that cares about undubbing or anything like that, I can't recommend this game enough!

[quote name='Tom Ato']The first 2/3 of the game are frustratingly/unfairly difficult. I don't remember the PS2 version being like that at all.[/QUOTE]

It's not really any harder than Growlanser 2.

[quote name='alexkidd4']I'm mad I missed out[/QUOTE]

Still same price, just out of stock. You can buy it from Amazon under other options on the right.

If you loved Generations, I'd say you should pick it up.

got it hated it and tossed it in the corner

had nothing to play a few weeks back and fell in love with it and stayed in my PSP until i got the new tactics game...

its just too bad these wasnt released on the VITA i hate the small psp screen compair to the vita

[quote name='slidecage']got it hated it and tossed it in the corner

had nothing to play a few weeks back and fell in love with it and stayed in my PSP until i got the new tactics game...

its just too bad these wasnt released on the VITA i hate the small psp screen compair to the vita[/QUOTE]

You can download it for the Vita.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I wish this was $20 for the PSN version. I want it for my Vita[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It will happen sooner or later I'm sure. The question is how long will the wait be. Probably a long time, but oh well, not like I have a shortage of games to play and this isn't a 'must have asap' game for me.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I wish this was $20 for the PSN version. I want it for my Vita[/QUOTE]

Your wish is granted, it's on sale for $14.99 on PSN :)

The poster above is right. You should wish that I win $1 million dollars, maybe it will happen too! ;)

Huzzah. Any link to this list of sales? My Vita comes tomorrow and it sounds like this just made my list of games to buy!

...and I think I'm forced to get a bigger memory card. Curse you sony! Your darned vita is nothing more than an ink and printer scam!!! :shame:

[quote name='callmewoof']Huzzah. Any link to this list of sales? My Vita comes tomorrow and it sounds like this just made my list of games to buy!

...and I think I'm forced to get a big memory card. Curse you sony! Your darned vita is nothing more than an ink and printer scam!!! :shame:[/QUOTE]

All sales are listed in the Playstation blog http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/27/playstation-store-update-267/

or in a thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332063 (although this is not yet updated with this week's info).

This looks pretty badass. I don't know much about the series, but I know my elder brother has the Growlanser LE watch from one of their older games.

You guys think it's a worthy buy? I'm trying to get a PSP, but I don't know who can sell me one for a good price, in good condition. What a Craigslist guy's interpretation of "In good condition" can mean that it charges, turns on for two minutes, then shits itself into an eternal slumber.

[quote name='jhelpme']Just wanted to point out that Growlancer is on sale for $15 as of today on the PSN this week.[/QUOTE]

Does it have everything the hard-copy version does? I'd still probably want the hard-copy, but...yeah.

[quote name='Byakurai']The only reason to not bite on this is a subpar dubbing. Atlus skimped out and cut a lot of the dialogue out from the localization. If you're not a purist that cares about undubbing or anything like that, I can't recommend this game enough![/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard the whole game is silent with no voices at all (except for the cutscenes). What dialogue did they cut out though? Did they cut anything else out of the game?

[quote name='orcishlad']I'm tempted to pick up a second copy and keep it sealed. :D[/QUOTE]

Thats what i just did =P I was even considering a 3rd but im kinda broke right now. Find it hard to justify that

[quote name='Namerson']Yeah I heard the whole game is silent with no voices at all (except for the cutscenes). What dialogue did they cut out though? Did they cut anything else out of the game?[/QUOTE]

Wait.. what? Usually they just dont dub it over but leave the Japanese voices in at least, just untranslated. Are you saying they completley removed the voices form attacks and stuff like that? THats very off if thats the case

wow.. Im still amazed at how friggin cheap a lot of people are.. i know this is CAG, but yeesh. $20 seems high for one of the better RPGs on the system? One that will give you dozens and dozens of hours of gameplay?

Yeesh. Anyway i see mention of playing it on the Vita and stuff. I got my Vita as well and was wondering how the heck you transfer PSN games over to it. I dont have many, but i do have a few. Like Suikoden. Wouldn't mind playing them on the vita. Does it just work with PSP games? What about some PS3 games?

[quote name='slidecage']got it hated it and tossed it in the corner

its just too bad these wasnt released on the VITA i hate the small psp screen compair to the vita[/QUOTE]

I bought a component cable for my PSP and play almost all my PSP games on the TV now.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Wait.. what? Usually they just dont dub it over but leave the Japanese voices in at least, just untranslated. Are you saying they completley removed the voices form attacks and stuff like that? THats very off if thats the case[/QUOTE]

It's true, and I quote:

"Atlus USA also specify that, while the game’s animated cutscenes will be fully-voiced, the rest of the game is unvoiced. This is due to licensing restrictions in the case of the game’s Japanese voice track. Additionally, Atlus say that the “vastly expanded script” proved prohibitive to providing an English voice track."

It was a bit disappointing, but I'm just happy that we got the game at all.

[quote name='orcishlad']It's true, and I quote:

"Atlus USA also specify that, while the game’s animated cutscenes will be fully-voiced, the rest of the game is unvoiced. This is due to licensing restrictions in the case of the game’s Japanese voice track. Additionally, Atlus say that the “vastly expanded script” proved prohibitive to providing an English voice track."

It was a bit disappointing, but I'm just happy that we got the game at all.[/QUOTE]

Ahaha, oh wow. It's times like these I'm glad that I think Urashihara is a shit character designer and refuse to games with his characters in them. Otherwise I might have been disappointed by that poor news.

[quote name='orcishlad']It's considered one of the best (if not THE best) in the series.

46 endings, man. 46. Endings.[/QUOTE]

Is it 46 different/unique endings or is it like some games that claim to have a multitude of endings and the only real difference between them is the person standing next to the main character at the end?

bread's done
Back