GS Buy 2 Get 1 FREE on select Ubisoft VITA games

Bummer, the only game I don't have is Asphalt Injection. Hopefully this means the price on Amazon will drop from people flipping them. Rayman and Lumines are fantastic, if you don't have these two games I highly recommend them. MJ Experience is kind of fun and I am almost done with Dungeon Hunter Alliance right now and despite reviews and people saying you can buy it on Ios or whatever for a dollar I love it. Side note I loved the original PSN download as well.

Go here and click the banner: http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita

This would be a great deal if it was on all Vita games. But Rayman, Lumines and Dungeon Hunter would be a good buy, especially since Dungeon Hunter is definitely NOT worth its MSRP of $40. It's also interesting to see that they include the used versions and downloadable versions in the deal. I would try and get the above combo if there were any GameStops in my area that had those three games used at one store, but there aren't any. Hell there are hardly any used Vita games at any of the GameStops in my area.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']lol, pass.

Rayman, Lumines..... um[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I got MJ for free so even if I was into that I wouldn't touch this.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']lol, pass.

Rayman, Lumines..... um[/QUOTE]

That's where I'm at. Love that the download codes are included, but...

I really think everything vita related will drop within 2 weeks. First the news of the Sony layoffs and then the news of the biggest loss: they have to do something to spike some sales dramatically in my opinion.

Pshh..games are still pushing that msrp price tag, so this is a mere price correction, not a deal - and still a bad one at that.

Couple that with the fact that half of these games are garbage (not enough to satisfy the "deal"), and you've got a deal fail.

Keep it up GS, you'll be bankrupt soon too, hopefully

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Pshh..games are still pushing that msrp price tag, so this is a mere price correction, not a deal - and still a bad one at that.

Couple that with the fact that half of these games are garbage (not enough to satisfy the "deal"), and you've got a deal fail.

Keep it up GS, you'll be bankrupt soon too, hopefully[/QUOTE]

You have a refreshingly positive perspective on things.

Anyone else finding that buying the digital versions isn't factoring in the deal? I'm at the point where it tells me to submit my order and it still is showing up as MSRP.

[quote name='fenz4ever']Anyone else finding that buying the digital versions isn't factoring in the deal? I'm at the point where it tells me to submit my order and it still is showing up as MSRP.[/QUOTE]
Yeah tried it earlier on some Ubi games I wouldn't mind having as digital. Never would total out correctly.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']
Keep it up GS, you'll be bankrupt soon too, hopefully[/QUOTE]

Amen brother, here's hoping that more video game retailers go bankrupt and out of business asap so there's even less incentive for the remaining companies to compete. Hell, leave only Target and Wal-Mart! What could possibly go wrong!

Really, I'm grateful that Gamestop's business model somehow convinced Best Buy to start their gloriously awesome used games program that has been nothing but great (save all the bannings) for so many CAGs.

Love the Vita but yeah, there's only two games in the list that are good so this really only applies to someone who needs/wants to get those. Lumines could also do with a price drop though I bet Rayman gets one first.

[quote name='suwillgetu']Go here and click the banner: http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita

This would be a great deal if it was on all Vita games. But Rayman, Lumines and Dungeon Hunter would be a good buy, especially since Dungeon Hunter is definitely NOT worth its MSRP of $40. It's also interesting to see that they include the used versions and downloadable versions in the deal. I would try and get the above combo if there were any GameStops in my area that had those three games used at one store, but there aren't any. Hell there are hardly any used Vita games at any of the GameStops in my area.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you're just trying to save on gas, but Gamestop should let you buy three games (on the very short list) and basically exchange one at another store.

[quote name='paulwekiva']I'm not sure if you're just trying to save on gas, but Gamestop should let you buy three games (on the very short list) and basically exchange one at another store.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm this?

[quote name='ABVN']Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

That would be 100% YMMV. You can get a rookie GS employee that will not know the rules but a manager will not let that fly.

I talked to customer service (two different times) and they told me that they will do a price correction if you get charged for all 3 games (even if they are digital) as part of this deal. I went ahead and bought three of them.

Just thought I would give those of you a heads up that were considering this. Sounds like it should work...

[quote name='strait edge follower']Why don't you guys exchange one of the games (except the free one) for another vita game ?[/QUOTE]

Now there's an idea...

[quote name='bgame2']You have a refreshingly positive perspective on things.[/QUOTE]

GS going bankrupt? That's the most positively refreshing statement here

[quote name='sukTHEfac']GS going bankrupt? That's the most positively refreshing statement here[/QUOTE]

It's also the most ludicrous statement here. You know they bring in major profit every year right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fenz4ever']I talked to customer service (two different times) and they told me that they will do a price correction if you get charged for all 3 games (even if they are digital) as part of this deal. I went ahead and bought three of them.

Just thought I would give those of you a heads up that were considering this. Sounds like it should work...[/QUOTE]

Here's the email response I got:

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Unfortunately the promotion will apply to physical games, our sincere apologies.

Maybe the phone will be more successful - did you actually make the purchase and get them to credit it, or did they just tell you they would do it if you made the purchase?

That sucks the digital copies don't qualify for this deal. The weird thing when this deal went live yesterday, the digital copies weren't listed when you clicked on the promo for this deal on the main page, but today if you click on the promo it shows the digital copies and pre-owned copies as part of the deal.

[quote name='handsomepete']Amen brother, here's hoping that more video game retailers go bankrupt and out of business asap so there's even less incentive for the remaining companies to compete. Hell, leave only Target and Wal-Mart! What could possibly go wrong!

Really, I'm grateful that Gamestop's business model somehow convinced Best Buy to start their gloriously awesome used games program that has been nothing but great (save all the bannings) for so many CAGs.[/QUOTE]

You're implying that of the big retailer went out of business, there would be less competition. Wrong! Other, smaller businesses would be formed. More businesses = more competition = more money in consumer wallets. Simple concept is simple

Also, used games doesn't save money in the long run - this is what makes publishers do all this day 1 dlc rip off bs and online codes. Without used games, wed see none of this, and most likely (and importantly) publishers would have the opportunity to lower the msrp of their games because they no longer would have to make up for lost sales due to used games.

Instead of being selfish and only looking at how it affects your bank account in the short term, try taking into consideration the bigger picture and the welfare of the entire industry.

Trying to get us back on track as opposed to
the fantasy land economic discussion which is conducted in a void of the fact that economies in all countries are struggling yet seems to think that the death of gamestop would bring more small businesses into existence
:

It is unfortunate that you cannot do a part store pick up/part delivery on this sale so that some of us could cooperate with each other in getting the best deal.

bread's done
Back