GS: Buy GH Aerosmith for $9.99 and get wired Xplorer Guitar Free (360)- YMMV?

beniah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see this deal specifically posted-

For a limited time at Gamestop pick up GH Aerosmith for 30$ and get a new Xplorer guitar for free. I didn't ask about PS3 so I don't know if it applies- also I'm not sure how long the deal will run.

However, GH Aersosmith is not that cool in my opinion...unless you really like the band. Its about 80% Aerosmith songs :)

Peace

(edit: I picked up this deal plus GH III for $15 as the used deal of the week. 2 GH games + a new Guitar for 45$ = Cheap Ass!)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MoneyMan']I was able to get the guitar and aerosmith $8.99. Good deal. I did not need the guitar though so i traded it in to hollywood video for $15 credit.[/quote]

a regular Hollywood Video takes it? I thought it had to be a gamecrazy

SWEET DEAL....I just called and the manager told me they were sold out, but to try and call him tomorrow and wednesday b/c they will restock...I cant WAIT!!!

I just came back from a few Gamestops, they had the game but no more free guitars so I just picked up DBZ Shin Budokai AR(PSP) for $15 and decided to go to Best Buy where they had the GH Aerosmith bundle for $20.

$10.81 out the door for a copy of GH Aerosmith and a wired Explorer. I went back and got a second one just for the guitar. I'll trade the second game in elsewhere.

[quote name='Commy']They sell those guitars used for $20 right? I guess that makes this especially worth considering for those wanting a new guitar.

Also, does this apply only to new copies of GH:A?[/quote]

They are giving these wired ones out for "free" practically and are no longer taking in trade-ins for these wired guitars... so if they are selling one's used for $20 you are getting ripped off hardcore.

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']This is such a great deal. Buy a $10 game and get a $40 guitar for free? I'm all for it.[/quote]

that guitar is not $40 LOL

[quote name='cmart05']that guitar is not $40 LOL[/quote]
I beg the differ 2 days ago I got the GH3 for 9.99 at best buy shot to toysrus and 39.99 was exactly how much this guitar was going for I guess YMMV but all I know is around here Explorers are at least $40

BTW I feel Lucky I got the last Xplorer in the store near me It even had a cd sized flyer taped to it like it was a display copy so I feel really lucky I was there 5 min after they opened. The dude at the counters eyes just about fell out looking like beetlejuice lol.

At my GS I found GH Aerosmith for 29.99$ Alone and the Xplorer guitar was 39.99$ alone. I went up to the guy at the counter and showed him the add so he was willing to give me just the game for 9.99$. Then this girl came out from the back storage room and she was like oh yeah you do still get the guitar free with the xbox 360 version. The guy was shocked that the Guitar and Game was only 9.99$, he immediately bought one for him self also lol. I Picked up 2 for my cousin and I =) BEST DEAL EVER!

Yeah got 3 for $9.98 each and the xplorers rang up $0.01, we tried to use the 10% off but it wouldnt work, the guy punched the code in but it didn't do anything. Pretty good deal because we were getting all the Guitar heros anyway and my other brother needed a guitar even though we now have 7 of em :p.

i picked it up and returned aerosmith, guitar came out to $5.15 w/ tax. now i shall play metallica with the xplorer. aerosmith, not worth the other 5$

[quote name='Japakneez']a regular Hollywood Video takes it? I thought it had to be a gamecrazy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they asked for my hollywood video card and scanned the credit on to my account.

Picked up the game + guitar for $10. This is my 7th GH controller...what the hell am I going to do with it.

Awesome. My local gamestop had tons of GH:A and 4 guitars. I wonder if I should bother picking up another copy for 2 guitars... what ever am I going to do with all these plastic instruments lying around.

Picked up GH:A and a Xplorer for $10.81.

Did anyone else have their manager say that this deal wouldn't work until monday? I went in and I was talking to manager about it, and he looked at the computer and said that it would work getting the game on sale and the free guitar, but not until monday.

So, I said OK and that I guess I would come back Monday or Tuesday. But as I was walking out he called me to come back and said that he would just manually override it for me.

Was he just pulling some bullshit on me or what? I don't exactly get what he was saying, since the free guitar promo was running, and the game days sale was also running. I have no clue why he would say it wouldn't work until monday.

I have no idea what that Monday only thing is about. The free guitar controller with Guitar Hero Aerosmith has already been going on, and the only difference now is the discounting due to gamedays ... so if gamedays are going, this deal would be too.

It worked perfectly fine for me. Picked up a game and a guitar earlier today for around $10. It was quite nice :applause::D

[quote name='darthbudge']
Was he just pulling some bullshit on me or what? [/quote]

He was bullshitting you.

The register automatically rings up the free guitar

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']tempted to buy this and sell gh aerosmith to someone. I need an extra gutiar.[/quote]

I plan on buying 2 and doing this....then ill go back and buy a used gh 2 I miss playing that game from my ps2 days....or would it be the same price/similar songs in gh3?

[quote name='manthing']He was bullshitting you.

The register automatically rings up the free guitar[/quote]

No, I doubt he was bullshitting you, I am an employee of gamestop, and some of the gamedays stuff wasn't ringing up with the right price, so we had to manually change the price, stuff happens.. Not all gamestop employees are dishonest assholes you know. ;)

[quote name='Armor42']Picked up the game + guitar for $10. This is my 7th GH controller...what the hell am I going to do with it.[/quote]
I'm going to get one and it'll be my 4th, lol.

[quote name='wildnuts02']is this working everywhere? my GS doesn't have it advertised.[/quote]

To my knowledge, yes, just grab a Guitar Hero Aerosmith from the gameday sale bin, and ask them to ring you up for it along with an xplorer guitar, it should be 9.99 plus whatever your sales tax percentage is in your area.

Havent gotten into Guitar Hero yet but if I can get this for only $10 with a free guitar theres no reason for me not to buy it. Hope some are still in stock when I go there tomorrow

Yah, I think I am going to grab a set. This is the time I have been waiting for, for this stuff to be super cheap and me to scoop it up.

I went in to buy GH Aerosmith today, and the guy there actually brought up this deal when I had completely forgotten about this topic, so yeah, free guitar = win... I'm selling it and my original Rock Band to my friend though, who seems pretty stoked.

Yeah I picked up six copies of GH:A/wired GH controller today for $10 credit each. My plan - bring them to Walmarts/Best Buys around to exchange for a copy of GH: Metallica - then take those six copies of GH:M - keep one for myself, one for my asshole friend for his birthday, and then take four and return THEM at other places for cheaper games I've been holding out on (Spiderman WOS, Force Unleashed, pre-orders on GH: Greatest Hits and Wheelman). Let's see if this shit works!

avoid the puente hills mall Gamestop, all 3 employees have terrible attitude there.
They told me to just grab a free Air Guitar. I will never ever shop there again.

Hey, is there any signs up about this that say how long its going for? I don't want it to turn out to be a glitch and not be able to get it in the morning.

[quote name='chuckstaton']Yeah I picked up six copies of GH:A/wired GH controller today for $10 credit each. My plan - bring them to Walmarts/Best Buys around to exchange for a copy of GH: Metallica - then take those six copies of GH:M - keep one for myself, one for my asshole friend for his birthday, and then take four and return THEM at other places for cheaper games I've been holding out on (Spiderman WOS, Force Unleashed, pre-orders on GH: Greatest Hits and Wheelman). Let's see if this shit works![/quote]

Please, keep your plans of return fraud to yourself.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Please, keep your plans of return fraud to yourself.[/quote]

No, man. His plan is a good one. I would like to see him go to Wal-Mart with gutted copies of GH:A and see what happens. Really. It'll be hilarious.

[quote name='DarkRider23']No, man. His plan is a good one. I would like to see him go to Wal-Mart with gutted copies of GH:A and see what happens. Really. It'll be hilarious.[/quote]

Especially when neither Wal-Mart nor Best Buy accept returns or exchanges without a receipt.

Just to report, me and my brother-in-law scored two new copies of Guitar Hero Aerosmith and they both came with 2 new wired Guitars (the same ones that come with Guitar Hero II bundle). Didn't get hassled at all. Apparently the staff at the Burbank Empire store (in Burbank, CA) was aware of the deal. Last I check, I believe they had 10 copies left. Thanks again for the heads up on an awesome deal. $10.91 out the door for a guitar and game brand new? Insane :)

[quote name='kiddsupreme']Just to report, me and my brother-in-law scored two new copies of Guitar Hero Aerosmith and they both came with 2 new wired Guitars (the same ones that come with Guitar Hero II bundle). Didn't get hassled at all. Apparently the staff at the Burbank Empire store (in Burbank, CA) was aware of the deal. Last I check, I believe they had 10 copies left. Thanks again for the heads up on an awesome deal. $10.91 out the door for a guitar and game brand new? Insane :)[/quote]

make that "gutted" game brand new :lol:

So, this wouldn't be YMMV as the title suggests, since it rings up automatically? Also, the Guitar has to be a new one... not a Used one, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got mine today in Hamilton NJ they had signs on the guitars that they were free with purchase of Aerosmith and world tour bundle or with just the Aerosmith game. It worked for me 9.99 brand new sealed copy of the game

[quote name='Tarantulas14']I just got mine today in Hamilton NJ they had signs on the guitars that they were free with purchase of Aerosmith and world tour bundle or with just the Aerosmith game. It worked for me 9.99 brand new sealed copy of the game[/quote]

Same here, except no signs. Mgr. was aware of the deal and even brought it up when I asked about the game.

[quote name='Stry-ker']is this valid for wii? A friend of mine could use a second wii guitar.[/quote]

360 only. The game price is valid for Wii, but no guitar.

Has anyone gotten this today? I went first thing in the morning before class. The Gamestop was out of the Guitar, but the person said yesterday was the last day. My only hope is that they are just confuising it with the extra 40% for 6 deal that ended yesterday.

[quote name='Drkirby']Has anyone gotten this today? I went first thing in the morning before class. The Gamestop was out of the Guitar, but the person said yesterday was the last day. My only hope is that they are just confuising it with the extra 40% for 6 deal that ended yesterday.[/quote]

Yep. Picked one up at 10:02AM this morning.

I picked one up at 10 in the morning also pretty much as soon as the ups guy left the store. In Bx,NY

btw, when the price of the game rang up it said 29.99 and I said what about the gameday thing and the guy was like dont worry i'll fix it....he typed in some code and it came out to 9.99 and the free guitar, I tried to get another but it would not work again.

I guess some stores have it in thier system some dont, the ones that dont need a code that only works once an order.

Picked up 2 360 GH:Aerosmith yesterday, both factory sealed and came with the 1cent guitars for free. No hassle from the staff as the GS employees knew about it and were actually willing to immediately take BACK the game for a $5 credit if you just wanted the guitar. Amazed at that, wish these guys were at a store closer to me. Great staff.

[quote name='Robman62']I picked one up at 10 in the morning also pretty much as soon as the ups guy left the store. In Bx,NY

btw, when the price of the game rang up it said 29.99 and I said what about the gameday thing and the guy was like dont worry i'll fix it....he typed in some code and it came out to 9.99 and the free guitar, I tried to get another but it would not work again.

I guess some stores have it in thier system some dont, the ones that dont need a code that only works once an order.[/quote]

No, he was just finishing the transaction. The discounts won't show up (Gamedays included) until the sale is totaled and awaiting payment.

o ok, I wish he let me buy 2 then.....o well I might gp back later today and pick up the last one they had...they had plenty of games but on more X-plorer was hidind up where the wireless controllers are....I hope noone gets it....btw, would bestbuy take the sealed copy of Aerosmith?

bread's done
Back