GS: Buy GH Aerosmith for $9.99 and get wired Xplorer Guitar Free (360)- YMMV?

beniah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see this deal specifically posted-

For a limited time at Gamestop pick up GH Aerosmith for 30$ and get a new Xplorer guitar for free. I didn't ask about PS3 so I don't know if it applies- also I'm not sure how long the deal will run.

However, GH Aersosmith is not that cool in my opinion...unless you really like the band. Its about 80% Aerosmith songs :)

Peace

(edit: I picked up this deal plus GH III for $15 as the used deal of the week. 2 GH games + a new Guitar for 45$ = Cheap Ass!)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='robbyH']can't wait for the next b2g1. I'll get GH2 + 3 and RB1.[/QUOTE]

NOOB here, how good is this guitar for rock band? Aren't the colors different?

Thanks in advance.

Went to the Meriden, CT Gamestop. They had over 7 copies of GH: Aerosmith in stock when I went there and a good 5-6 guitars left. The manager even seemed to be happy to give me the item. Aerosmith rang up $9.99, the guiat rang up $39.99 till the guy totaled out the transaction.

Sadly all the games were gutted, but still a very awesome deal.

geez I'm going in tomorrow for this.. traded in my original Aerosmith game when I needed some cash and I got like $11 in store credit still.. be nice getting another guitar since my rockband 1 guitar doesn't seem to be holding out to well, just hope the store I go to knows about the xplorer guitars.

Had a very pleasant experience at the local GS.
I asked about the GH:A and the manager walked it over to me, and told me about the free guitar deal without me even having to ask.
I gave them the 10% off coupon, and they researched why it wasn't scanning right, compared it to the magazine, and then overrode it.

So I got GH: A and the XPlorer guitar for $8.99.

I have three hypotheses on why the coupon doesn't work on the deal. Ether GH:A isn't a gamer day deal by a weekly deal, the getting the guitar for free is over riding the 10% off (You have to remember, the whole "You can only use 1 coupon or deal" per transaction is still in effect in this case), or if its none of those, its just screwed up. I really think its just the guitar counts as a deal already so anther can't be stacked on it.

All Aerosmiths except 360 were gutted at my store. The 360 ones were behind the counter, and employees well aware of the deal.

[quote name='Ledoux289']I went to my local GameStop and picked up a copy of GH A. I walked up to the register and the manager asked if I knew what came with it? I said a guitar and then he took off to the back of the store to get the guitar from the back. Unfortunately they were out, so he called another store and sent me over to it. I got there and the guy had the guitar waiting for me, but he was out of GH A. I ended up purchasing the guitar for $39.99 and then returning it back at the original GameStop and then ringing them up together for the $9.99 price. The manager had left by the time I got there but left word with one of the employees to give me a little RE5 matted picture. I thought it was nice of them. After all the driving it was nice that they took care of me without me throwing a fit. Not bad![/quote]

Lol. the manager at my store refused to give me the RE5 artcell with my preorder when I went in the day after release, he said it showed I paid for it in credit so I wasn't allowed to get a preorder bonus with it. And then he said that it also showed I didn't pay all at once, but with several different transactions to pay off the preorder, so he said that bonuses couldn't be given out for those two reasons.

I left, then came back an hour later and the manager was gone and the nicer employee gave me my bonus. I was pissed at first. but whatever.

[quote name='paradise2894']Hey was wondering if I could go return the GH:Aerosmiths at the store and keep the guitars for 1 cent a piece??[/quote]

You tell us.

So let me get this straight if I go to my Gamestop today and buy GH:A I get a wired Xbox 360 Guitar all for 10 bucks? Reason why I ask is due to the face when I go to gamestop here It's like walking into a room of mindless people they don't know anything unless you break it down to them.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Lol. the manager at my store refused to give me the RE5 artcell with my preorder when I went in the day after release, he said it showed I paid for it in credit so I wasn't allowed to get a preorder bonus with it. And then he said that it also showed I didn't pay all at once, but with several different transactions to pay off the preorder, so he said that bonuses couldn't be given out for those two reasons.

I left, then came back an hour later and the manager was gone and the nicer employee gave me my bonus. I was pissed at first. but whatever.[/quote]

Could you please tell them at www.TellGamestop.com about that? It's those types of managers that give Gamestop this horrid reputation nationwide. District Managers DO check for feedback, so it does matter if you submit something.

This deal should not be ymmv. Most stores have backrooms full of these wired guitars and just want to get rid of them

[quote name='Darvan']So let me get this straight if I go to my Gamestop today and buy GH:A I get a wired Xbox 360 Guitar all for 10 bucks? Reason why I ask is due to the face when I go to gamestop here It's like walking into a room of mindless people they don't know anything unless you break it down to them.[/quote]

Yes. Their mindless nature doesn't matter since it all happens automatically at the register.

Hey,

didn't read all posts, but got GH AREOSMITH for 10 dollars on the gamedays sale at GS. they gave me a guitar with it so...

$10 - 10% coupon = 9.xx (xx = tax) dollars for a guitar and game. If your store has the guitars left ask em about it.....mine had a backroom full of guitars. The offered me two, but I just took the one as I have several allready. I am in Burlington, VT if it helps.

[quote name='zerotl']NOOB here, how good is this guitar for rock band? Aren't the colors different?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

redoctane's compatability guide says yes.

[quote name='paradise2894']Hey was wondering if I could go return the GH:Aerosmiths at the store and keep the guitars for 1 cent a piece??[/quote]

:roll:

I'm in SC and I bought two copies of the game and got two, dependable controllers! The guy behind the counter was surprised that I got all of this for $21. Thanks CAG!:applause:

Ditto in Dearborn, MI. Split the cost with a friend. I got the game, he needed another guitar.
Yeah, I know ... he probably got the better deal.

Had no trouble at all getting the 360 GH: Aerosmith game and free wired guitar. Actually, when I asked about the game, they told me that I could get the guitar for free lol. Also, both were sealed. I haven't had one unsealed game yet. Nice!

ARGH! Two Gamestop's within 5 miles of me and neither have the damn Xplorer in stock. Guess I'm just picking one up at TRU for $8.

[quote name='PvtChurch']ARGH! Two Gamestop's within 5 miles of me and neither have the damn Xplorer in stock. Guess I'm just picking one up at TRU for $8.[/QUOTE]

Did you call and ask? Don't ask about the deal, just ask if they have the 360 Xplorer wired guitars in stock. If they do, you're golden!

When I originally bought GH: Aerosmith yesterday it didn't work... but I went back today (to get the 10% off I forgot to bring in originally too) and saw the sign for the free guitar posted up on one of the guitars, so I brought it up to the employees, he called someone to verify, and then rung it up with the free guitar (while mentioning that he was also going to get one and that he should stash some of the guitars in the back). Good deal.

Employee had no idea of this promo, but he took my word and went and checked, and behold it worked! He himself said he's gotta get in on this deal.

Game and brand new Xplorer out the door for 10 bucks, thanks a lot for the awareness of this deal.

I got this as well today the Gamestop I went to had signs about the guitar in there so I snatched one up and the employee at the register laughed at me talking about how I discovered their loophole.

I grabbed another one today. The guy that sold it to me said they had a bunch of guitars in the back, but they're all out of Aerosmith now. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up on this OP. I managed to snag the combo at my local gamestop, where they had the guitars stashed in a back room and a big sticker on the (incorrectly priced) Guitar Hero Aerosmith game case.

Picked up the $10 combo today. Now I have a guitar for the GH III game I got last week at target for $10.

Beats the $35 I dished out for Pokemon Platinum DS for my kids.

Picked up GH: Aerosmith and the guitar today. The manager gave me a little roll-eyes action after I asked for the guitar and then one of the factory sealed games instead of the gutted copy she was going to give me.

I hate Gamestop but thanks for the deal.

My GameStop employees are always really nice (as opposed to the GC across the street). Aerosmith rung up for $9.99 new and he went into the back for an X-Plorer and told me to let all my friends know since they had tons left. So if any of you Arizonians are looking for a store with both in stock, check out the one on Ray & McClintock

Can you trade both items in for more than 10 bucks, i dont plan on doing it but it seems that a guitar would have to get atleast 8 bucks in credit?

I want to pickup aerosmith anyway so why not get a new guitar.

[quote name='Tsukento']GH2 and GH3 are now $10 new. Thinking about diving into this deal and then later returning Aerosmith for GH3.[/quote]
Really? Where? GS?

I was able to buy Aerosmith with the free guitar today for 9.99, no problems at all. Also picked up a new copy of Guitar Hero 3 for 9.99. What a great deal for all this stuff.

[quote name='Tsukento']Yeah, new and game only. Both dropped to $10 today.[/quote]
Damn! I was just there today! Oh well... Is it temporary? I mean, knowing GS GHII and GHIII will be like $20 every time a new GH comes out, but besides that?

I would say the GH2 and GH3 price drops are permanent considering how long they have been out. I did pick up all 3 and got the guitar. I had actually forgotten about the guitar.

I also got GH:Aero and the guitar for $9.99 total. I already have a copy of the game and already have 4 freaking plastic guitars, but one of them has been acting up, so... always good to have a spare (or 3) right? The employee's eyes bugged out a little when he saw the discount applied. Nice!

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Can you trade both items in for more than 10 bucks, i dont plan on doing it but it seems that a guitar would have to get atleast 8 bucks in credit?

I want to pickup aerosmith anyway so why not get a new guitar.[/quote]
They don't take the Wired Guitars used anymore ;)

I don't see how this could be YMMV, I mean how could they deny the sale? Should automatically make the guitar 1 cent if you buy it together with the game.

bread's done
Back