GS: Buy GH Aerosmith for $9.99 and get wired Xplorer Guitar Free (360)- YMMV?

beniah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see this deal specifically posted-

For a limited time at Gamestop pick up GH Aerosmith for 30$ and get a new Xplorer guitar for free. I didn't ask about PS3 so I don't know if it applies- also I'm not sure how long the deal will run.

However, GH Aersosmith is not that cool in my opinion...unless you really like the band. Its about 80% Aerosmith songs :)

Peace

(edit: I picked up this deal plus GH III for $15 as the used deal of the week. 2 GH games + a new Guitar for 45$ = Cheap Ass!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to update some folks. I went to the other (yes other) GS in Montclair, CA and while they didn't have the guitar the one next to Central Ave had at least 10 guitars left after I bought mine and they have sealed copies of the game. Oddly enough it was the SAME GS that told me no a few days ago LoL. Even the guy behind the counter was floored.

Just goes to show you that trying is the best thing to do.

got the last guitar at the San Dimas, CA store. guy had to find it in the back. GH Aerosmith was still sealed (they had at least 10 of the game)

[quote name='Doomed']It should do it in their system automatically, just act like you're buying both for full price and make sure to give him GH:A first. (not sure if it matters)

Then if for some reason it doesn't work, say you don't want to buy them and leave the store.[/QUOTE]

My GS rang up the guitar first and it seemed to autocorrect itself, so I think he's ok. The manager is just being dumb.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Sweet I got one. My girlfriend went to the mall and told her to check on it for me and she got the last one in Evansville IN mall. Had no problems.[/quote]

If the same employees are at that store that were back before I moved from there 3 months ago that isn't a surprise. The mall store and the store over by Target off the Lloyd are probably the better ones of the 3 in the city. I actually knew the bunch at the mall store fairly well.

Someone else might be able to confirm this, but the deal was originally with Aerosmith or another game (GH:3? GH:2?) But only bought new.

Anyone know if it's JUST Aerosmith now?

I just popped into my GS in New Hampshire- they said the $10 Aerosmith version will still get you a free guitar! Next time I'll see if they know how long the sale is.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Sweet I got one. My girlfriend went to the mall and told her to check on it for me and she got the last one in Evansville IN mall. Had no problems.[/QUOTE]

*Shakes fist* You have what I was going to get! :p

Picked up GH:A and the free guitar yesterday. No problems at my Gamestop. The manager actually pointed out the deal to me while I was browsing. Great deal!

[quote name='xokxtrunks']*Shakes fist* You have what I was going to get! :p[/quote]
Another Evansville CAG? I only came across like 2 others besides myself while I was down there.

[quote name='jp0213']Another Evansville CAG? I only came across like 2 others besides myself while I was down there.[/QUOTE]

Yep, wasn't aware there were any others.

FYI - Gamestop in Newtown, CT: Went in today to buy GH3 for $10 and the manager told me about GH:A for $10 with free guitar - got GH3, GH:A and wired guitar for $20 w/tax! Good stuff - thanks CAG!

Anyone have anything regarding my original post quoted below? This is the second one of these guitars giving me issues, and I'm wondering if it's just the type of guitar or if I've just gotten really unlucky.

[quote name='leshrac55']Anyone have trouble with this guitar? I have another one from a GH2 package and the whammy bar basically just sucks (not nearly sensitive enough, takes a lot of effort to make it move and has a delayed reaction), and now this new one I just got seems to have the same whammy bar problem and at the same time sometimes double strums, messing up a fair share of the "held" notes (I think there's some kind of software fix to avoid it happening on the regular notes). Have I just gotten unlucky... twice? I'm thinking of returning the one I got and trying another one, but since I've had similar problems with 2, I figured maybe it's just a problem with the model?[/quote]

[quote name='xokxtrunks']Yep, wasn't aware there were any others.[/quote]
Figures I'd start seeing more of them after I moved back to Indianapolis. I wish I was still down there though because the GameStops up here for the most part suck. I got along great with the managers at the mall store (Nate) and the Pavilion store (Jason), they were always willing to hold games or have them shipped in from other stores for me. Good times. That and half the time they would ask me what the coupon was because they always seen me in there every Friday around 10AM to get first dibs on the games they had there.

I miss that. I don't miss Evansville itself though. Hated that place and I grew up in the area. Southern Indiana sucks really.

[quote name='leshrac55']Anyone have anything regarding my original post quoted below? This is the second one of these guitars giving me issues, and I'm wondering if it's just the type of guitar or if I've just gotten really unlucky.[/quote]
You need to practice more.

[quote name='leshrac55']Anyone have anything regarding my original post quoted below? This is the second one of these guitars giving me issues, and I'm wondering if it's just the type of guitar or if I've just gotten really unlucky.[/QUOTE]

If you're playing on an HDTV you need to calibrate your setup under the settings menu. I'd also recommend downloading any title updates via xbox live if you're able too. I remember some of the Guitar Hero releases initially had an issue with the whammy bar response being screwy, but it was fixed with an update.

[quote name='speedrunner17']The wired Explorers are like the ps2 red guitars pretty reliable. The wireless les pauls seem to give out after a while because of the detachable neck. I wish it wasn't the Aerosmith version. I already bought it for the Ps3. I beat it packed it back up and returned it for a refund to CC before they went bankrupt. I have no desire to buy Aerosmith for $30, but I do want an explorer guitar and GH 2 and GH 3. I wonder if I can get the deal and return Aerosmith to a different GS.[/quote]

Maybe this is why they went bankrupt :applause:

decided to stop by before work as i work in the mall and they have a GS store in there as well... I saw some guitars up on the selves in unreachable areas... Asked if they had any wired guitar controllers left... Guy said yeah... went into the back and came out with one... I brought up Aerosmith to the register... and it rang up automatically...
Guy said it was a good deal... Walked away happy...

[quote name='morphineseason']If you're playing on an HDTV you need to calibrate your setup under the settings menu. I'd also recommend downloading any title updates via xbox live if you're able too. I remember some of the Guitar Hero releases initially had an issue with the whammy bar response being screwy, but it was fixed with an update.[/quote]

I've been playing music games for awhile and the other guitars (the GH3 one and the RB 1 one) have given me no issues at all. It's only these GH2 guitars that have given me problems...

[quote name='jp0213']Figures I'd start seeing more of them after I moved back to Indianapolis. I wish I was still down there though because the GameStops up here for the most part suck. I got along great with the managers at the mall store (Nate) and the Pavilion store (Jason), they were always willing to hold games or have them shipped in from other stores for me. Good times. That and half the time they would ask me what the coupon was because they always seen me in there every Friday around 10AM to get first dibs on the games they had there.

I miss that. I don't miss Evansville itself though. Hated that place and I grew up in the area. Southern Indiana sucks really.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually a newburgh CAG but not a lot of games to buy here. Anyways I always have luck when I go up to indy at the castleton gamestop and the downtown one. I got Steel Battalion with controller there back in like september during a b2g1 sale.
I hate the evansville mall gamestop, its way too small and cramped. I don't go there unless its a weekday and kids are in school.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I'm actually a newburgh CAG but not a lot of games to buy here. Anyways I always have luck when I go up to indy at the castleton gamestop and the downtown one. I got Steel Battalion with controller there back in like september during a b2g1 sale.
I hate the evansville mall gamestop, its way too small and cramped. I don't go there unless its a weekday and kids are in school.[/quote]

I tend to go to the 96th Street Gamestop or the Keystone Crossing Gamestop. The employees are somewhat rude at the 96th Street Gamestop but I always find gems there. The Keystone Crossing Gamestop is pretty much the one I try to go to the most. I hate the Castleton Mall Gamestop, the employees are nice enough but it's in a mall. I had the same problems with the Evansville Mall Gamestop but I always went at 10AM so there were never any kids there. I got a complete Steel Battalion myself up here in Indy on business while I still lived in Evansville.

I asked the manager about the deal and he knew about it. They acutaually put the xplorers with the game in a seperate pile. He was nice ive been trying to move stock on them but that area is kinda dull so it worked out for me. I like that gamestop.

The Highland, IN, GS got another shipment of guitars in yesterday. So any Northwest IN CAGs are looking to get this deal should head over there.

[quote name='leshrac55']I've been playing music games for awhile and the other guitars (the GH3 one and the RB 1 one) have given me no issues at all. It's only these GH2 guitars that have given me problems...[/quote]

Well, I just exchanged my guitar and the new one has basically the same issues... I guess these guitars just sort of suck, at least for the newer games. I'll probably try to trade/sell them away for a GH3 or GH:WT guitar, since those seem to work a lot better.

To anyone in Miami, FL, I picked up early this morning GH Aerosmith + guitar for $9.99 at the Gamestop on Beacon Center, Doral

They had two or three more guitars left.

[quote name='PvtChurch']ARGH! Two Gamestop's within 5 miles of me and neither have the damn Xplorer in stock. Guess I'm just picking one up at TRU for $8.[/quote]

i have seen this a couple of times. could someone explain this to me? which guitars are $8 at TRU and for which systems, and is it a clearence?

thanks

Grabbed another Aerosmith with free guitar....looks like a lot of the stores have been re-stocked with the guitars.....

It doesn't look like Guitar Hero 2 or 3 come with the free guitar though....

[quote name='Rollobobo']Grabbed another Aerosmith with free guitar....looks like a lot of the stores have been re-stocked with the guitars.....

It doesn't look like Guitar Hero 2 or 3 come with the free guitar though....[/quote]

The free guitar is only for GH:Aerosmith (Game only and Bundle) and GH: World Tour bundle ... if memory of the little sign is correct.

I can confirm in West Michigan that Gamestops are allowing the free guitar with NEW copies of GH2 or GH3:LoR. However, it's tough finding anything other than used for those titles.

Okay so I just wanted to confirm for all you CAGs out there. You can keep the guitar for 1 cent if you return Aerosmith. I just returned 2 of the 3 games I bought yesterday and basically I got 1 GH:A and 3 guitars for about $11 :bouncy:

[quote name='paradise2894']Okay so I just wanted to confirm for all you CAGs out there. You can keep the guitar for 1 cent if you return Aerosmith. I just returned 2 of the 3 games I bought yesterday and basically I got 1 GH:A and 3 guitars for about $11 :bouncy:[/quote]

fraud does not need to be "confirmed"
not cool, not cool at all...back to SD/FW for you...

[quote name='paradise2894']Okay so I just wanted to confirm for all you CAGs out there. You can keep the guitar for 1 cent if you return Aerosmith. I just returned 2 of the 3 games I bought yesterday and basically I got 1 GH:A and 3 guitars for about $11 :bouncy:[/quote]

YMMV, and yes, that's return fraud. An employee who knows what they are doing will recognize this as part of a promo and not allow you to return the game without the guitar.

Picked up an Aerosmith game and guitar. However, they had opened the game. Kills my trade value. But should be able to break even and still come out with a backup guitar.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Is this deal still alive or did it end yesterday?[/QUOTE] Still alive...

Picked up one today. Kind of annoyed that all they had was gutted copies though. Strangely enough, the game was gutted but they had it stored behind the counter in a drawer (the entire case and game) and didnt pull anything from sleeves. They had a shabby sticker covered the original seal. Think I might go back to another EB/Gamestop and try and do an exchange for a new sealed copy. Doesn't make any sense that it was gutted if you're going to not have the case out for display.

One thing you guys (who are having trouble finding stores with both the guitar and game) is to go to the website and look up both items and check for store stock.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']YMMV, and yes, that's return fraud. An employee who knows what they are doing will recognize this as part of a promo and not allow you to return the game without the guitar.[/quote]

[quote name='donut']fraud does not need to be "confirmed"
not cool, not cool at all...back to SD/FW for you...[/quote]

Okay you guys are pretty lame. I was just confirming for the people who wanted to know. And if it was a big problem why did the manager standing right there didn't say anything. I think you two are just jealous that I got a better deal.

[quote name='paradise2894']Okay you guys are pretty lame. I was just confirming for the people who wanted to know. And if it was a big problem why did the manager standing right there didn't say anything. I think you two are just jealous that I got a better deal.[/quote]

I just think we find it shady and gaming the system. That and the fact you apparently bought three of the items and then returned two for the sheer fact of getting two guitars for free. It's similar to doing B2G1 free and trying to return the two games you paid for and keep the free one. They aren't the same, but definitely similar.

They aren't mad that someone got a better deal. A lot of people miss out on deals, I think it is more of a general sense of right and wrong a lot of people who have been on the forums on the while tend to pick up. Technically you were probably in the right since the manager let you do it, which is surprising, but it's definitely shady as hell. I would mention the fact you've only been on CAG for 3 months but that doesn't mean anything really.

I tend to stay out of these conversations normally, because they lead to nothing but flaming and so on. Your last response, however, you got uppity when someone called out the shadiness of your transaction and they also stated it would be YMMV, which I guarantee you it is.

[quote name='paradise2894']Okay you guys are pretty lame. I was just confirming for the people who wanted to know. And if it was a big problem why did the manager standing right there didn't say anything. I think you two are just jealous that I got a better deal.[/quote]
No, there are some things you don't do. For once there's a good deal at GS, and people like you will cause GS to lose money, making less money to be able to have deals like this. Although it's better than most scenarios like this, because maybe they just want to get rid of them.

I think in the end, you're only hurting chances of gamestop having promotions like this in the future, unless of course gamestop just wants to get rid of the guitars and doesn't care about profiting off of them. No one's jealous of you though. I could probably do the same thing at any of the 10+ gamestops near me, but I feel as if I already got a great deal with GH:A+free guitar, and I also bought GH2&3 for $10 each, so I don't really want to cheat gamestop for one of the few "good" deals they've had in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, yeah, I'm jealous, because you pulled off return fraud. Everyone on this board is capable of deceiving someone. We just prefer not to. As jp said out, all I was doing was pointing out that what you did was YMMV. I made sure to simply state the fact that you were not confirming anything for us. All you told us is that YOU were able to get ONE store to do something that they aren't suppose to. That is completely meaningless. If I tried hard enough, I could find ONE store to do a lot of stupid things. That doesn't make it a "confirmation."

And yes, as the above poster said, if everyone took your attitude, stores would not have such promotions, because they wouldn't want to get screwed over.

Picked one up in the Los Angeles store on Lincoln and Pico. Plenty left. I asked the attendant, and he said they simply overshot on their expectations on how well they thought they'd sell. They were pretty desperate to move the grossly overabundant stock, hence the free guitar.

[quote name='bvaldez']Picked one up in the Los Angeles store on Lincoln and Pico. Plenty left. I asked the attendant, and he said they simply overshot on their expectations on how well they thought they'd sell. They were pretty desperate to move the grossly overabundant stock, hence the free guitar.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to know if they were sealed copies or were they all gutted?

hmm already got a few fake plastic guitars that are taking up more room then my real one lol

still seems like a good deal. I wonder if I can find GH ac/dc for the same price or close to it?

[quote name='henhowc']Do you happen to know if they were sealed copies or were they all gutted?[/QUOTE]The one I got was gutted -- but for $10, I won't complain. There weren't any apparent scratches on the disc.

bread's done
Back