GS: Buy GH Aerosmith for $9.99 and get wired Xplorer Guitar Free (360)- YMMV?

beniah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see this deal specifically posted-

For a limited time at Gamestop pick up GH Aerosmith for 30$ and get a new Xplorer guitar for free. I didn't ask about PS3 so I don't know if it applies- also I'm not sure how long the deal will run.

However, GH Aersosmith is not that cool in my opinion...unless you really like the band. Its about 80% Aerosmith songs :)

Peace

(edit: I picked up this deal plus GH III for $15 as the used deal of the week. 2 GH games + a new Guitar for 45$ = Cheap Ass!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was gutted and the bottom and the plastic at the bottom of the cover holder was tore up from them picking the security tape off. It was the last one though so I still got it.

[quote name='paradise2894']Okay you guys are pretty lame. I was just confirming for the people who wanted to know. And if it was a big problem why did the manager standing right there didn't say anything. I think you two are just jealous that I got a better deal.[/quote]
No, you're just a dick scamming other people out of a GH game and guitar. You don't need THREE guitars. It was my first GH game on the 360 for me so I was stoked at the $10 deal.

went back to one of my local GS today to see if i could get the Xplorer guitar w/ GH3 that i bought. to return and rebuy but he stated they didnt have anymore instock of the Xplorer. i just looked online and they still had some. and only reason i was goin to return and rebuy was because when i originally bought GH3 i asked him to try and he stated it didnt work. but my cousin got a free xplorer when she got gh3 and i see someone else posted that too. oh well tho. lol.

[quote name='jmillion']went back to one of my local GS today to see if i could get the Xplorer guitar w/ GH3 that i bought. to return and rebuy but he stated they didnt have anymore instock of the Xplorer. i just looked online and they still had some. and only reason i was goin to return and rebuy was because when i originally bought GH3 i asked him to try and he stated it didnt work. but my cousin got a free xplorer when she got gh3 and i see someone else posted that too. oh well tho. lol.[/quote]

I bet that some stores/managers don't mind giving the guitar free with GH2/3 (probably to get rid of stock) so they'll manually override the price for you.. but I doubt it comes up automatically the same way GH:A does.

yea i was wondering that too. oh well. no biggie. 2 copies of GH:A, 2 Xplorer Guitars and GH3 for $30 is a cheapass deal for me. lol. im sittin here playin gh3 now w/ the xplorer now

Finally got this deal today. Most stores around had either the game or the guitar but not both. Of the three stores that had both I got deal blocked at two...one told me the deal was over and the other said it was a computer error they wouldn't honor???...but the last store couldn't help me fast enough.

Crap I just got back from a GS that had Aerosmith. I didn't see the guitars, but I asked the employee for used ones and he didn't say anything about the deal.

Still going on, I bought a copy yesterday but returned it right after because it was a display copy. Sticker INSIDE on the art, no seal, disk had a tiny scratch, yet sold as new. Even for $10 and a guitar, I don't want to add that to my collection.

My gs still had this going on they even had a sign next to it saying free guitar with purchase of aoersmith

Excellent. Thanks for your help. I'll be stopping by tomorrow to pick up a copy of gh aerosmith (which I already have) because my whammy bar on my guitar broke. Good timing, I guess. I'll just have to give my spare copy of gh Aerosmith to a friend or something.

Turns out my GameStop is out of Guitar Hero Aerosmith, so no free guitar for me. Oh well, if I'm motivated maybe I'll try another GameStop to try my luck. I can probably deal with a broken whammy bar, it's not too important.

:whistle2:s Oh well, gamestop being gamestop. 1 said "not allowed" to sell these items together. Another claimed no guitars in stock when making the GH:A purchase (but magically had them when NOT purchasing GH:A). 2 others wanted to price override either GT:A or the guitar back to regular price. Gave up after these stores.

[quote name='progman3']:whistle2:s Oh well, gamestop being gamestop. 1 said "not allowed" to sell these items together. Another claimed no guitars in stock when making the GH:A purchase (but magically had them when NOT purchasing GH:A). 2 others wanted to price override either GT:A or the guitar back to regular price. Gave up after these stores.[/quote]

Tried again... FINALLY got this deal. GH:A - $9.98, X-plorer Wired guitar - $0.01. Thanks CAG!

If anybody in Hawai'i is looking for this as well, Ala Moana gamestop had a stack of the guitars (10+) and more than enough GH:A.

[quote name='progman3']Tried again... FINALLY got this deal. GH:A - $9.98, X-plorer Wired guitar - $0.01. Thanks CAG!

If anybody in Hawai'i is looking for this as well, Ala Moana gamestop had a stack of the guitars (10+) and more than enough GH:A.[/quote]
Got this deal 2 times at the PearlRidge store (Downtown by Sears) but that was about 2 weeks ago.

Well, I bought my copy of GH: Aerosmith with the wired guitar at EB Games a few weeks ago, and not only I got that bundle for $10..00, but I also bought GH: II and II for $10.00 ea.

Also, they still have that "buy two get one" free used game offer. It took me by surprise because I'm in PR, and rarely we get the same deals as the rest of the states. Hopefully, that deal will be on for a little longer, so I can get my used Fable 2/Halo 3 bundle for cheap when people start trading their copies at EB Games/Gamestop (that's how I got my Marvel: U.A./Forza 2 bundle for $9.99).

I just got in on this deal today. And if gamestop employees give you any shit for anything just say you want to talk to the dm. The dm will get you the deal. I used to be a manager there so I know how it works.

[quote name='decon']I tried to get this deal for PS3, but there are no wired PS3 guitars :([/quote]

The deal is only X360, so you'd be out of luck twice :p

Damn! My GS (New Boston, Ohio) is running the deal, has the guitars, but no Aerosmith! I'll have to call again Monday.

For those still interested, the deal is still good as I picked up 1 more set of GH:A $9.98 + Wired Guitar $0.01 today 4/27/09. They had lots of GH:A, but only 1 wired guitar (that I could see).

Yeah, I managed to get this as well. Thanks OP!!!! This was awesome. My old guitar is fine, but it's great having another guitar for multiplayer for friends and such. Plus, it's great having a replacement. I might try tomorrow to find another just to have for replacement in case

This deal is awesome. I got in on it a few days ago. The wired guitar is not that great, but if you have guitar hero 2 like me, you can now play two players. Since I only had 1 guitar hero guitar and a rockband guitar, I could only play rockband and guitar hero 3 and up with two players. Now I can play guitar hero 2 with 2 players because this guitar works with guitar hero 2.

Not interested in Aerosmith... But after selling my two wired guitars and copies of gh2 + 3 because I planned on getting world tour and never did.. I grabbed this for $10. Was definitely fun enough just for the achievements.. A week later I saw the Wal-mart 2 wireless guitar world tour deal for $69 and ordered that. Then! Bestbuy had guitar hero 3 for $10 so I ran up and grabbed that!

Full of Guitar her now!!! WoW! And I can give my wired guitar to a friend who plans to get a 360... good deal

I called ahead - they said the mall had the game and guitar. I went there and they said they had GHA USED but not NEW. The deal was only for the new copy of GHA. The used copy was on the shelf game only marked at $25. Gamestop sucks.

So here's what they did: sold me the guitar only for $40, sent me to another store that had a new copy of GHA where I returned the guitar and then bought the guitar and game for $10. Stupid but it worked. If I paid gamestop's inflated prices on each of these individually i would have paid $100.

If it weren't for this deal I wouldn't have bought at gameplop though. They have horrible business practices. Another example of the same random pricing structure: the XBL vision cam was on sale alone for $39. Not 3 feet away was the camera packaged together with you're in the movies for $20. WTF??

[quote name='kenshin65']This deal is awesome. I got in on it a few days ago. The wired guitar is not that great, but if you have guitar hero 2 like me, you can now play two players. Since I only had 1 guitar hero guitar and a rockband guitar, I could only play rockband and guitar hero 3 and up with two players. Now I can play guitar hero 2 with 2 players because this guitar works with guitar hero 2.[/quote]

Same situation for me... that's another reason this was such a great deal!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']^ yeah but that only shows the guitar new, it has to be used right?[/quote]

No, it only works with NEW Xplorers

I guess GS is trying to really trying to clear out these wired xplorers. When I went with a friend to get his $10 GH:A + guitar, we asked the employee if there were any guitars left. He answered no, but then the manager (i'm guessing?) checked the inventory & then quickly went over to where a bunch of rock band sets were against the wall, moved them forward and pulled out a couple of the wired xplorers. He was really nice & completed our purchase & looked at the employee with an annoyed look and said "We can't get rid of those guitars if you guys keep hiding them!"

My cousin & I both got this deal. He had been looking for a cheap guitar and one of the GH games. My xplorer broke on me so I was on the lookout for a new one. I already had Aerosmith so I swapped the discs and traded my older one that had a few scratches back.

I think they must have just put them out too. One of the guys was like well that didn't last long. Thanks OP and everyone else!

Just got this deal to work as described. I can't believe it was still on. Most people must not know about it since it's been over 20 days since the OP, or did they restock?

bread's done
Back