GS.com USED, having buyers remorse yet again...

iNFiNiTE HORiZON

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (99%)
So my b2g1 free shipments come in:

The only games that came in "keepable" condition for me were Way of the Samurai 3 and Dead Space: Extraction... the rest of these are going back... (hopefully)

First I get Star Wars in a HWV rental case (thought I ordered from GS, not HWV>_

just return everything
I've had no problems doing any returns or exchanges, the store guys seem to know gs.com stuff is trash better than we do

ya, i had to bring back a game that wouldnt read yesterday, not a big deal. just bring the return label thing that came in the package.

I got my order today, Beatles Rock Band and God of War Collection were in great shape and complete. But Pokemon HeartGold was cartridge only in a blank case. Is it really as easy as everyone says to walk in and exchange it for a complete version?

Still, even with a non-complete game, $40 in credit for all three of those isn't that bad of a deal I suppose.

I had a similar experience before, which is why I'm hesitant about ordering from them anymore. Even the employees at the store said Gamestop.com orders usually suck and the warehouse employees usually treat the games like crap, which seems to be the truth since the last few orders from them have all looked like someone took the disc's and rubbed them on a gravel road or something.

In my experience though Gamestop gave me no trouble when I took back my games. I just went in, told them what happened, showed them the packing slip, and walked out with the same games only brand new looking this time. You shouldn't have any trouble returning the games, just bring the packing slip to show the employee.

I had a shipment with some bad discs and cases. No problem returning them to the store. But, the reps at the stores are great guys to deal with. There is one store that would likely be a problem because the manager seems like a real bitch.

[quote name='shajek']But, the reps at the stores are great guys to deal with. There is one store that would likely be a problem because the manager seems like a real bitch.[/QUOTE]

This is the one and only concern. Everything depends on the reps at the store.

My main concern is swapping FF13, because there's no guarantee for a case+manual.

But looking at the packing slip it just has FF13 on it, so if worst comes to worst I could just return it for full price ? (I don't want to do this though, just wanna swap it for another copy )

thnx all

I've only ordered one game from GS.com and that was only cuz I had a $10 off code and I got free shipping. But yet it came in disc only in a generic black Gamestop case with no artwork or manual.

The game: Little Big Planet GOTY edition. The sickest part of it was that this was about maybe 2-3 weeks after it released.:roll: So in 2-3 weeks someone managed to lose/toss out the case and artwork and then trade in the game?:bomb:

As for your games you received though OP, just take the packing slip into one of your GS stores and ask them if you could swap them out for complete/mint condition copies. The worst they can say is no, in which case then you get the clerks/managers name and call corporate while in the store.;)

[quote name='david12795']You can swap it out for a complete case/manual

its odd that you got a HWV case.[/QUOTE]
You wouldn't consider it odd if ya saw all the HWV case games I was trading in last year to GS during those insane $4/$5 game sales from HWV.;):lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You wouldn't consider it odd if ya saw all the HWV case games I was trading in last year to GS during those insane $4/$5 game sales from HWV.;):lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha true. But I never got a HWV case from a GS online purchase.'

I miss those $4.99 GC/PS2 sales. *sigh*

I never will buy a used game from them online, every game I have gotten has been either disc only, horribly scratched or defective. Some people said they sell defective games
online that have been refurbished and I believe it based on the games I have received

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The game: Little Big Planet GOTY edition. The sickest part of it was that this was about maybe 2-3 weeks after it released.:roll: So in 2-3 weeks someone managed to lose/toss out the case and artwork and then trade in the game?:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Who knows? A little kid that doesn't take care of game or copy that was stolen where the disc was taken from a case at some store.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']My main concern is swapping FF13, because there's no guarantee for a case+manual.

But looking at the packing slip it just has FF13 on it, so if worst comes to worst I could just return it for full price ? (I don't want to do this though, just wanna swap it for another copy )

thnx all[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if they don't have the case & manual, just ask to return it. It's in their guarantee online that if you're not satisfied, just return it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I never will buy a used game from them online, every game I have gotten has been either disc only, horribly scratched or defective. Some people said they sell defective games
online that have been refurbished and I believe it based on the games I have received[/QUOTE]

Yes, a lot of the stuff is crap sent back to the warehouse to be "refurbished". This is the same warehouse that carries the inventory for the website.

[quote name='Tony208']just return everything
I've had no problems doing any returns or exchanges, the store guys seem to know gs.com stuff is trash better than we do[/QUOTE]

When I tried to return a defective game at my local store they were absolutely clueless and couldn't get their scanner to read the return barcode. Had to eventually mail the return to website returns.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The game: Little Big Planet GOTY edition. The sickest part of it was that this was about maybe 2-3 weeks after it released.:roll: So in 2-3 weeks someone managed to lose/toss out the case and artwork and then trade in the game?:bomb:[/QUOTE]
Since GameStop doesn't give you anything extra for a complete copy of the game, many people trade in only the disc and keep everything else. If they want to get the game at a lower price point, it makes their life easier, and if not, they can sell the materials for a few extra bucks.

buying online from gs is like banging a chick with aids unprotected. Way too risky. I took a shot once with Punch-Out for the Wii and it worked out but I've tempted fate and will probably not doing it again

[quote name='tbassett']buying online from gs is like banging a chick with aids unprotected. Way too risky. I took a shot once with Punch-Out for the Wii and it worked out but I've tempted fate and will probably not doing it again[/QUOTE]

believe me, if it wasn't for the credit from flips, I'd never buy from them. And only reason I keep getting tricked into buying used games is the b2g1, and various other deals/glitches.

[quote name='david12795']You can swap it out for a complete case/manual

its odd that you got a HWV case.[/QUOTE]

so for most of you, they usually don't have a problem swapping for another used copy, or even for just another case/manual?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so for most of you, they usually don't have a problem swapping for another used copy, or even for just another case/manual?[/QUOTE]

Not for me at least. One time I asked if its okay if I could get swap this case and they didn't really care, they said "oh yeah, it's no big deal, its just a case/manual"

If they deny it, then we'll just return the game :p

I personally just do CAG16 for GS.com games, so I can pick and choose what I want to return, since with B2G1, they don't let you rering it. I normally order multiple copies (if available) of the same game, to at least ensure one of the copies is complete.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so for most of you, they usually don't have a problem swapping for another used copy, or even for just another case/manual?[/QUOTE]

I never have a problem returning gs.com orders to my store. The manager and assistant manager have no issue at all. They did have to look it up in their handy book though how to return an order. So if your store has hard time returning an online order just tell them it should be in their handy manual. :)

bread's done
Back