GS Deal of the Day 08/21/2009, worst one yet

haize

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
LOL, posting this more because its so ridiculous, then for it actually being any sort of money saving deal/pricing.

Seriously, gamestop is on crack, 1 in 32 chance to win a $10 gift card sometime early next year? lawl

Here's the Ad:

Purchase an NFL team controller faceplate and receive a coupon for $10 off your next online purchase if that team wins the 2010 Super Bowl!

spop_step1.gif

Add an NFL team controller faceplate to your cart.

spop_step2.gif

Proceed to checkout as normal. If the team you selected wins the 2010 Super Bowl, you will receive $10 off your next Gamestop.com purchase!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms of offer subject to change at any time. No dealers or resellers, please. Valid while supplies last. Offer only available online. Offer expires 8/24/09 at 11 am CST.

When I use to work at Best Buy those PS2/NFL controllers would never sell. This is a good way to help push those items.

As a Patriots fan this might be tempting if I had any interest in this piece of garbage. So I'm speculating $15 on the chance that this worthless piece of junk might end up costing me $5 instead? Win.

[quote name='omyard']When I use to work at Best Buy those PS2/NFL controllers would never sell. This is a good way to help push those items.[/QUOTE]

No, a good way to push these controllers would to be either make them better than 1st party controllers (not happening) or lower the price, not provide conditional savings.

Think about it from the point of view of someone who likes one of the teams. They buy a faceplate they may have bought anyway, and if their teams wins they get $10. Seems reasonable.

With all the new used game competition from Amazom, Gaelle, Best Buy and Wal-Mart, one would think that GameStop would be a little more aggressive in trying to secure it's place as the #1 used game retialed.

I realize they can't have great offers every day but this one is just another step in the wrong direction.

[quote name='hypertails02']Only $10 off? That's it? We would have to wait a half of a year for a 1/32 chance to get $10 off?

Holy fuck Batman![/QUOTE]
And you have to pay $14.99+(tax/shipping/whatever applies) for the chance to begin with.

bread's done
Back