GS/EB 50% Bonus On All Trade Ins This Weekend YMMV - Ends 12/2

floatingaccount

CAGiversary!
Went by my store and apparently certain districts are participating in a promotion trial. These trials take place all over the country, however only in certain districts (20 stores per district). The promotion is an extra 50% on all trades excluding system trades($20 extra is still going on though). This is YMMV of course and you should call your store ahead of time.

Current Districts With Promotion that I know of:
East Phoenix, AZ

If a store near you is participating post here and I will update it.

Oh Snap!

I definately should check this out as I was gonna trade in Boogie this weekend. Anyone know what the trade in value for that game is BTW? I checked the CAGwiki but nothing came up.

Love how they gave me $4 for a game they sell for $26.99, Game Stop rocks for trade in's. That'd be $6 after the bonus 50% dood!! ZOMG SWEET RIP OFF!

So if I wanted to transfer credit from GameRush to GS, I'm betting Halo 3 would break even.

What other trade-in's do we know about that get 30+ at GS ?

A lot of stuff is a ripoff but like the Mario Party 8 thing, there are certain games you could get back a good amount for when they run these deals. It's just a matter of finding those loophole things, like the $5 clearance games that trade in for $10, plus bonus 50% and you're talking basically $10 off any purchase at gamestop, and thats if you only do it once..

From what my manager told me it is district specific because they are testing it to see how it goes, and if it is a success it might spread further.

I trade all my stuff and I know others do to, so if you find a store it is a great deal, and I am pretty sure Edge card stacks.

[quote name='floatingaccount']From what my manager told me it is district specific because they are testing it to see how it goes, and if it is a success it might spread further.

I trade all my stuff and I know others do to, so if you find a store it is a great deal, and I am pretty sure Edge card stacks.[/quote]

What are they trying to test? If they get more trade ins if they don't screw the customer over? One would think they would get a whole hell of a lot more trade-ins during this promotion.

dang it, i just traded in super paper mario yesterday (friday) for $22 :wall:
i woulda liked to get $32 :cry:

[quote name='Jewelz23']nice for those who trade their stuff back...I personally do not.[/quote]me neither unless i dont like a game
i like keeping games i like, i never know when i might wanna go back and play em, i still even play my NES :)

I generally go for ebay on reselling games, but Sometimes EB comes close to ebay values, and if I just want to buy another game right away I'll go there. The sun, moon and stars have to come in alignment for me to be happy with trading at Gamestop.

I called them this morning and they said they would give me 6 bucks for my Halo triple pack while they would give me 10 bucks for Halo 1 and 15 for Halo 2 if it didnt come in the box!

Rock on, I went down their got 25 bucks for Halo/2 and put 5 bucks down on orange box plus the 25 from that trade in..Not to shabby, I didnt see any signs for extra 50% trade in credit though.

[quote name='jer7583']The sun, moon and stars have to come in alignment for me to be happy with trading at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Exactly. It seems once or twice a year there's a good astral alignment for GS trading. The last time was the trade 2 Wii games to get a new one free that coincided with the CC clearance on things like Avatar and Meet The Robinsons. I still have several preorders left over from that (some of which I will cancel to get the credit back and others I may switch to other games - still have a Mario & Sonic At The Olympics to switch).

But if I find out this is running here I might have a few things to bring in.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Has anyone found any SoCal locations? I am aware of the Cypress, CA one.[/quote]
Try GS in the Burbank mall.

Any chicago locations? One dude said Burbank Mall...which there is one by me but in Chi-town..not the home of the Price is Right!

Crap! I've been wainting forever for something like this. Too bad I'm stuck waiting with Eric for a Chicago location...

[quote name='Eric78DX']Any chicago locations? One dude said Burbank Mall...which there is one by me but in Chi-town..not the home of the Price is Right![/quote]
Burbank mall in so cal. Sorry for the mix up.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']Thanks RageKod but again too far for me. I'm in Pomona, North Orange County, or Puente Hills.[/quote]
There is some other locations up in the oc...
Theres actually a location in Pomona. The location is

The Valley Shopping Center
708 E Arrow Hwy
Pomona, CA 91767
(909) 626-2555

Hope that helps ;)

[quote name='KSHLove']is this stackable with other coupons or the edge card?[/quote]
I know its stackable with the edge card since I have tried it myself but im not too sure about any other coupons.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']oh AWESOME Ragekod. I will most certainly be flipping Halo there.[/quote]
You might want to call them in first to see if they have flyers though. This promotion is used only if you have the flyer.

Anyone from Oklahoma have any luck? Last time one of these was rumored it ended up being extremely YMMV and when I tried to use the flyer for it the manager just about ran me out of the store preaching about how it was obviously photoshopped.

Damn it...im going to explode if this deal comes to Houston. Seriously, just traded in alot with that current trade deal.

Did you actually trade and get 50%? I called both Burbank mall and Burbank Empire (So Cal) and they both said they only do 30%.

[quote name='Ragekod']Burbank mall in so cal. Sorry for the mix up.

There is some other locations up in the oc...
Theres actually a location in Pomona. The location is

The Valley Shopping Center
708 E Arrow Hwy
Pomona, CA 91767
(909) 626-2555

Hope that helps ;)[/QUOTE]

GS still has the trade in offer to trade in the fat DS for the lite for $80. It expires on 11/22. (according to GS.com)

Hmm....

Didn't feel like reading through all the posts. Does the 50% trade in work on systems too? Because if it does good bye fat ds, and xbox, and my lil bros gba sp.

might have to check out GS although I havn't traded anything to them for about a year since the trade in 3 get 10 extra...

bread's done
Back