GS/EB Games: Buy 2, Get 2 Free Used DVDs Sale - Dec. 10

Tsukento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Manager of this GameStop I went to earlier informed me that starting on Dec. 10, there'd be a B2G2 sale on DVDs. He didn't mention if it was specific to just his store or if it'd be national, but I felt it'd be best to get the word out just in case.

I'll check back in tomorrow and see how long it lasts and if it's store specific or not.

My main GS got rid of all their dvd movies because of the Moviestop down the road. And that damn Moviestop always tries to give me crap when I try to use my Edge card for 10% more off when buying during B2G1 free sales. They did it one time and then kept trying every other time to tell me you cant combine discounts, bullcrap!

Sorry, just had to rant.

[quote name='addicted2games']My main GS got rid of all their dvd movies because of the Moviestop down the road. And that damn Moviestop always tries to give me crap when I try to use my Edge card for 10% more off when buying during B2G1 free sales. They did it one time and then kept trying every other time to tell me you cant combine discounts, bullcrap!

Sorry, just had to rant.[/quote]
Gotta also love how MovieStop is part of GameStop, yet a lot of their DVDs are more expensive than GS.

[quote name='Bezerker']My Gamestop has been doing B2G3 for the last year or so.[/QUOTE]

mine have been doing b2g1 free but i havent gone in for a few months now.

i found that one of my local gamestops had no dvds any more and the other was doing the buy 2 get 2 free. Are these just new stores that are now on the discounting dvds group or is it actually a general sale?

Saw this at my GameStop today. (B2G2) Saw Amelie and Casablanca, which I want, but not much else other than Gundam 0080. Kind of regret not buying anything. I'm going to check a few GameStops tomorrow to see their selection. Too bad Lost Season 1 is $30. :/

Alot to be had if your local spot has a nice selection. I ended up with..

Little Nicky
Green Street Hooligans
Red Dragon
Hannibal
Phone Booth
Bowling For Columbine
XMen 2
Enter The Dragon

for 23$ and change.

I think they're doing this to get rid of their movies. I checked mine out yesterday and the rack with the movies was gone, instead they just had them in bins. I would have bought the 4 seasons of futurama they had but the boxes looked pretty rough.

[quote name='defmonkey05']Cleared out my local GS of all the Family Guy and Futurama.[/quote]

Were those Futurama sets priced at $19.99 or $24.99?

[quote name='Tyga24']Were those Futurama sets priced at $19.99 or $24.99?[/quote]

They were at 24.99. They had seasons 1-3 of Futurama, seasons 1+2 and 3 of family guy. So snagging them and Aqua Teen Volume 4 and Drawn Togeather for my buddy was pretty good for b2b2.

Yea, just hit this up today, great deal. Convinced the wife to check it out and she picked up a bunch of stuff & I got a few Blu-Rays too out of the deal. Entire sets are included too. I'll have to check out my other local stores to see what else I can find. Great way to build up your collection!

This definitely deserves a bump!

Was going top post about this since I just found out about it in store today (haven't been in GS lately) and got Lost season 1 and 2, Six feet under season 1, and Looney Tunes Golden V3 for about $30 with the sale and edge card.

My local Gamestop had alot of tv sets.but most of what I already owned. Futurama, Family Guy, The Simpsons, and 24. They did have 2 seasons of The Shield as well..which I was interested in but they were seasons 1 and 4. No seasons 2 or 3 in sight. And the only other dvdds that somewhat interested me were The Wild Boys dvds.and those arent must haves.

This deal is still going strong and should be bumped. Blu-Rays & HD-DVDs are included! In the past couple weeks I've picked up:

300 (BD)
American Psycho (BD)
Avengers (BD)
Live Free or Die Hard (BD)
Pirates 2 (BD)
Hart's War (BD)
Babel (BD)
Kiss of the Dragon (BD)
Ghost Rider (BD)
300 (HD)

Avg cost around $9 each! Even better all discs were in NEW condition. I can't even believe these were watched. (Funny how alot of these were probably from the 5 free BD Rebate) GB/EB probably gave $5 each trade in credit for these films. so they are still making out on the deal and I am scoring cheap BDs!

You're lucky in that you can find stuff you wanted. It's pretty much luck of the draw if any of the EB/GS around me have more than 5 bds or hd-dvds in stock. Even luckier if it's a movie I want.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']You're lucky in that you can find stuff you wanted. It's pretty much luck of the draw if any of the EB/GS around me have more than 5 bds or hd-dvds in stock. Even luckier if it's a movie I want.[/QUOTE]
Thats how mine are. All I look for is Blu-rays and havent seen one I want since the sale started.

Did the stores you stopped at have many more BD titles? I looked at the ones on this side of town (out near Robinson) and haven't had any luck.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']This deal is still going strong and should be bumped. Blu-Rays & HD-DVDs are included! In the past couple weeks I've picked up:

300 (BD)
American Psycho (BD)
Avengers (BD)
Live Free or Die Hard (BD)
Pirates 2 (BD)
Hart's War (BD)
Babel (BD)
Kiss of the Dragon (BD)
Ghost Rider (BD)
300 (HD)

Avg cost around $9 each! Even better all discs were in NEW condition. I can't even believe these were watched. (Funny how alot of these were probably from the 5 free BD Rebate) GB/EB probably gave $5 each trade in credit for these films. so they are still making out on the deal and I am scoring cheap BDs![/quote]

[quote name='Hockey37']Did the stores you stopped at have many more BD titles? I looked at the ones on this side of town (out near Robinson) and haven't had any luck.[/quote]

No, most of the stores I have been at only have had 4 or 5 BD/HD films total if any. There is a pretty good concentration of stores north of the city so I am usually able to hit a number of them every so often.

I really lucked out with most of these because usually them employees snag most of them and/or they sell pretty quickly with the B2G2 going on.

I did great on my last trip to GameStop, picked up all six volumes of Burst Angel, the Arjuna collection (four discs), and Blade Trinity for less that $34. :D

Went to my local GS today, they had a CRAP LOAD of Spiderman 3(BD) because of the 40GB comming with it.

I got:
Live Free or Die Hard(BD)
Click(BD)
Spider Man 3(BD)
Alexander Recisited: The Final Cut (BD)

I am going to call the next couple of days(up to 7 days) to the two GS around here and see if they get any others in because I would rather have other BD than Click(possibly Alexander).

[quote name='aea414']Went to my local GS today, they had a CRAP LOAD of Spiderman 3(BD) because of the 40GB comming with it.

I got:
Live Free or Die Hard(BD)
Click(BD)
Spider Man 3(BD)
Alexander Recisited: The Final Cut (BD)

I am going to call the next couple of days(up to 7 days) to the two GS around here and see if they get any others in because I would rather have other BD than Click(possibly Alexander).[/quote]

How are their prices on used BDs?

[quote name='opterasis']How are their prices on used BDs?[/quote]

Crank was $15 and Devil's Rejects was $20, if that's any indication. Those are the only ones I've seen so far in my area.

[quote name='opterasis']How are their prices on used BDs?[/quote]
Woops, sorry meant to add but got distracted,
My final price was $32.38 (before tax, $34.48 w/ tax) with edge discount ($1.80 off each, for the 2 titles I paid for).
As for price per title:
LFDH, SM3, and Click were $17.99 and Alexander Revistied(2 disk) was $14.99 but with B2G2 it wasn't a bad deal. ($8.62 per title, w/tax)

And they carry the 7 day any reason, 30 day does not work return policy, like their used Games.

I got South Park: Season 2, Simpsons Seasons 4 & 5, and That 70s Show Season 6 for about $44. I had a $50 gift card from returning a used game from the B2G1F sale, so it was a great deal.

bread's done
Back