GS/ EB Marketing 10/22 -> 11/11: Trade 2 PS3/360/Wii get $10 extended!

hysterisch

CAGiversary!
Just figure I'd post the two trade offers I remembered from the new Gamestop marketing that starts on Monday.

1) The trade 2 360/PS3/Wii games and get an extra $10 gets extended through Nov. 11. :D

The extra $20 for systems ends Sunday, 10/21! :cry:

2) Power trade: 20% extra for trades put towards Mario Party DS, Mario Galaxy or Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I'm too lazy to check the other offers (and I'll probably forget to check until Monday) so if any other GS employees want to post anything else of interest,....

Traded in some games today. For the Wiki (before bonuses)

-PS2 Guitar Hero Controller: $12.00
-PS2 Guitar Hero 2: $12.00
-PS3 Heavenly Sword: $25.00
-X360 Gears of War: $15.00
-Wii Elebits: $8.00
-Wii Metal Slug Anthology: $10.00

I went for the 30% bonus for pre-ordering the Rock Band bundle (PS3) and stacked the 10% Edge on top of all of it.

Put $110.XX down on Rock Band. I can't wait until Nov. 20th rolls around :)

Any deals or anything I could do to lower the cost of a new PS3?

I saw this coupon, but it says it excludes systems.

Has anyone successfully got them to overlook that fact? :D

Wanted to let everyone know here that some o6 sports titles work with this deal.

I was able to trade in MLB 2K6 and Blitz the League.

Got $18.30 all together for both of them after Edge card.

:)

For the Wiki:

Fuzion Frenzy 2 $6.00
The Outfit $3.00
MLB 2K6 $1.50
Blitz The League $5.00

Got $37.05 total, than bought GUN and MotoGp '06. Both used. Still have $2 something.

Let me ask you guys this, since I rarely shop at EB.

I want to trade in at least 6 games, all of which apply for the extra $10 deal. I'd like to get Rock Band out of it.

Am I correct in thinking that I would get the values + $10 bonus for every pair + 30% more for trading towards Rock Band + extra 10% with Edge?

[quote name='Scorch']Let me ask you guys this, since I rarely shop at EB.

I want to trade in at least 6 games, all of which apply for the extra $10 deal. I'd like to get Rock Band out of it.

Am I correct in thinking that I would get the values + $10 bonus for every pair + 30% more for trading towards Rock Band + extra 10% with Edge?[/QUOTE]

I think it's somewhat YMMV on getting both trade-in deals but I believe some have been able to do that.

Keep in mind that the extra % is on the base value (not including the $10 extra)

I traded these in today (11/3):
:360: Bionicle Heroes - $4
:360: Forza 2 - $10
:360: Phantasy Star Universe - $6
:360: Rockstar Table Tennis - $4

[quote name='asianxcore']Traded in some games today. For the Wiki (before bonuses)

-PS2 Guitar Hero Controller: $12.00
-PS2 Guitar Hero 2: $12.00
-PS3 Heavenly Sword: $25.00
-X360 Gears of War: $15.00
-Wii Elebits: $8.00
-Wii Metal Slug Anthology: $10.00

I went for the 30% bonus for pre-ordering the Rock Band bundle (PS3) and stacked the 10% Edge on top of all of it.

Put $110.XX down on Rock Band. I can't wait until Nov. 20th rolls around :)[/QUOTE]

Did they give you the 30% on the controller as well?

Just used this to put money down on CoD4 for the 360.

Kiss of the Dragon (BD)- 6.00 + 0.60 edge = 6.60
Dynasty Warriors 5 (360)- 8.00 + 5.00 promo + 0.80 edge = 13.80
The Outfit (360)- 3.00 + 5.00 promo + 0.30 edge = 8.30
Phantasy Star Universe (360)- 6.00 + 5.00 promo + .60 edge = 11.60
Tenchu Z (360)- 9.00 + 5.00 promo + .90 edge = 14.90

All in all a total of 55.20. Not too shabby. Kiss of the Dragon was one of my free Bluray movies for buy a PS3, and I made money on the rest of them with the trade 2 get 10 promo. And I'll be playing CoD4 when it comes out for aobut 6 bucks. Not too bad at all.

Nice, traded in a couple of games today:

Mario Party 8 ($25 base + $2.50 edge)
Mario Strikers Charged ($22 base + $2.20 edge)
+ $10

= $61.70 credit total. Not bad at all since it's more than I paid total for both games.

[quote name='Scorch']Let me ask you guys this, since I rarely shop at EB.

Am I correct in thinking that I would get the values + $10 bonus for every pair + 30% more for trading towards Rock Band + extra 10% with Edge?[/quote]

Hey Scorch,

I tried doing this a couple weeks ago and was told you had to pick which offer you wanted. They told me I could either do Edge + the $10 extra promo, or the pre-order promo.

Probably roulette though with who you get, good luck!

[quote name='asianxcore']So you don't have trade in 2 of system X?

I want to trade in 1 360 game and 1 PS3 game but I didn't know if I would get the $10 bonus.[/quote]

Well you quoted him correctly you would get the bonus.

If you power trade do they add the +$10 before or after they factor in the 20%?

[quote name='garfep']Nice, traded in a couple of games today:

Mario Party 8 ($25 base + $2.50 edge)
Mario Strikers Charged ($22 base + $2.20 edge)
+ $10

= $61.70 credit total. Not bad at all since it's more than I paid total for both games.[/quote]

NVM I see it now.

you think i can do the trade in +10 then add my edge 10% then reserve towards rock band then switch it to SMG. Or is it too late to do that?

As of 11/01/07:

All before any bonuses:

Bioshock [360] $20
Rainbow Six: Vegas [360] $10
Tales of Symphonia [GC] $5
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes [GC] $8
Half-Life 2 [XB] $3
Jade Empire: LE [XB] $2
Guitar Hero [PS2] $12
Guitar Hero II [PS2] $12

After all bonuses I got $93.40. Bought an Edge Card, Phoenix Wright 3 [DS], and put $46.62 down on CoD4: LE for 360.

Very good deal! :D

Today I was back at the Gamestop where I traded in 2 original Xbox communicator headsets for $4.00 each... they were on the shelf at $0.99. :shock:

Trade-in today (11/4)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (original release) - $5
Hitman: Blood Money - $9

Both Xbox360 - pre-bonus, etc.

Can I trade in 1 360 game, and 1 PS3 game and still get the $10 bonus, or does the games need to be on the same console?

[quote name='aihuman']alright,ill trade two copies of fusion frenzy 2 and get $22.Do you need a coupon for this deal?[/quote]

Odds are they won't take both copies of FF2 at the same time.

Just to brag a little,

I traded in 4 360 games to get this deal.

the csr swiped my card, the cpu took a dump and it took a while to apply the credit.

2 minutes later, 2 reciepts shoot out, he gives me one and throws away the other.

I take a look and i got double credit!!

I'm a lucky cheapass.

This is just weeks after I bought a wii points card and there were 2 in the box.

Could I trade in two sets of two copies of the same game?

I have two copies of Forza 2 and two copies of Fuzion Frenzy 2, will they accept the trade as long as I mix them in?

Is trade-in for Halo 3 still $35? Will they take disc only of the CE (just the game disc) since I like the metal case and stuff? :p

Traded in the following games ($10 bonus not included)

Super Paper Mario: $17
Wii Play: $10

Only reason I did the trade was due to Wii Play being free (I got the game and remote for $40 at Walmart when it first came out), meaning I was getting $37 for Super Paper Mario (paid $45 for it).

Also, I can confirm that you are able to combine the 10% off your purchase total coupon with this deal. The cashier said he would give it a try even though the coupon said it can't be combined with other offers, but the coupon worked with no problems. Used the coupon/credit to pick up Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (which rocks!).

[quote name='Ryukahn']Traded in the following games ($10 bonus not included)

Super Paper Mario: $17
Wii Play: $10

[/QUOTE]

SPM is only 17 bucks? Lame. Here I was rushing through the game to beat it so I can trade it in (and to just get it over with as I'm not terribly impressed with it), but 17 is a little low for my tastes.

To those who want to know about trading in multiple copies of the same title: always at the discretion of who's working the register. I've never had a problem with it, but I'm sure other people have. I traded in two copies of Wii Play during this deal without any problems. Give a call to the store first just to double-check.

Took Kameo and Halo 3 and put it all towards Assassins Creed.

I'm happy since AC will probably be better than both those games.

Can someone tell me Gamestop's policy regarding the return of used games a second time? Put more clearly: let's say you returned a used game within the week that you purchased it, and used the credit to purchase a different used game. Would they allow you to return the 2nd used game (within a week, of course), and put the credit towards something else? Please note that return transaction of the first game purchased is listed on the receipt for the second game.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Can someone tell me Gamestop's policy regarding the return of used games a second time? Put more clearly: let's say you returned a used game within the week that you purchased it, and used the credit to purchase a different used game. Would they allow you to return the 2nd used game (within a week, of course), and put the credit towards something else? Please note that return transaction of the first game purchased is listed on the receipt for the second game.[/quote]
ymmv but if you say you want to put all the credit toward a preorder i think you will have a little more luck

I have $92 towards rock band now.

But I don't want rock band, can I just call and cancel my preorder?

What does your reciept look like if you get a trade in bonus for rock band?

I don't see any % calculations!

I should've noticed this :(

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']SO....Is this deal still going o today (sunday) I called four gamestops last night and none of them really knew....

THANK YOU![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's still 11/11....

It'll be up tonight.

Traded in

Zelda TP $20
Wii Play $10

Got the $10 bonus plus the additional 20% since i put it towards Mario galaxy.Only paid like $4 something outta pocket for new Mario

Also anyone know what the trade in values are for a Gamecube system or an Original Xbox system?

Gamecube has no use anymore since i have the Wii and the xbox i never play.

[quote name='Magic24']can i trade in 1 360 game and 1 Wii game and still get the deal ??[/quote]Yes, you can mix & match. I traded in one PS3 game and one 360 game without issue.

[quote name='icpmattj']Also anyone know what the trade in values are for a Gamecube system or an Original Xbox system?

Gamecube has no use anymore since i have the Wii and the xbox i never play.[/quote]I'd check the Wiki for the prices, though I think they're down to $15 for the GC and $20-$30 for the OG Xbox.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Yeah, it's still 11/11....

It'll be up tonight.[/quote]

thanks for the response...I got ome sik trade in values....will post more later - GO FLYERS!!!!!!

bread's done
Back