GS/EB Promos 4/16-5/6 -> Trade 2 360 games, $10 extra; Buy 2 Get 1 Free Xbox Games

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I believe that I have all of the deals. If I missed one, please post it so I will know to add it to the OP. All deals will end on 5/6 unless otherwise posted.

For Trade in Values, click here to check out the CAGwiki. Please post any new trade values so it can be updated for others to see. Values on the wiki are subject to change, but they do give a general estimate of what you'll get when you trade.

[EDGE/Gamestop Card owners] - You will get the bonus 10% on all trades of games/accessories/DVDs. It will NOT work with systems. It will stack with all trade in promos unless otherwise noted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade Deals

New Promo: Trade in an original Nintendo DS system (including the AC adapter and stylus) and get a Nintendo DS Lite for $69.99.

New Promo: Trade in a GBA SP system (including the AC adapter) and get a Nintendo DS Lite for $99.99.

New Promo: Trade an Xbox 360 Pro (Hard Drive, Wireless Controller, All hookups) and get $250 in credit towards an Xbox 360 Elite. Purchase must be made at time of trade. Deal ends 5/27

New Promo: Trade an Xbox 360 Core (Wired Controller and hookups) and get $200 in credit towards an Xbox 360 Elite. Purchase must be made at time of trade.
Deal ends 5/27
New Promo: Trade an original Xbox (controller and hookups included) towards an Xbox 360 Elite and get $50 in credit. Deal ends 5/27

Promo Extended: Trade 2 Xbox 360 games, get an extra $10 in credit. Exclusions are the burger king games.

Promo Extended: Trade in a PS2 (any model w/Sony controller and hookups... must be in working order), an extra Sony controller, and any PS2 memory card to get $100 in credit when applied towards a PS3.

POWER TRADE: Any trades of games towards either new Pokemon game (Diamond/Pearl), Mario Party 8, or Halo 3, get 20% extra in credit on the trade.

All trades towards reservations get 10% extra in credit. This does not stack on top of the Power Trade offer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Deals

New Promo: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all used Xbox games.
Deal ends 5/27

New Promo: Buy a Zune and get a free Zune gearbag.

New Promo: Get 10% off the strategy guide for a game when purchased at the same time as the game. Gamestop/EB Edge Card owners will receive an additional 10% off making it 20% off.

Promo Extended: All stores carrying DVDs are offering a Buy 2 Get 1 free on all used DVDs, HD DVDs, and Blu-ray movies.

Promo Extended: Stores that are not carrying DVDs anymore (or taking trades) will be offering a Buy 2 get 2 free on them. (No Expiration Date)

Promo Extended: Buy any N64/PSX games and get 75% off the purchase price.

please let it be true

I love 40% off new games

well, granted we can find some similar games to Open Season/Far Cry ahahaha

I traded in COD3 and Monkey Ball (Both of which I got from that Toys R Us sale that was happening around launch, and neither of which I cared for) and traded em in for Paper Mario. I also stacked my Edge card on top for another $5 in credit, and wound up getting the game and guide for about $2.50 out of pocket.

Updated the OP with new info on the promos. Trade 2 Wii/PS3 games will end on Sunday 4/15. Dump the games now or it will be too late. They may eventually do something like the 360 last year with a trade 2 and pay $10 for a game, but that is just speculation on my part.

I did the trade 2 360 games get an extra $10 deal last week. Traded in RR6 & LOTR. LOTR isn't current in the wiki, so for whoever can update...

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II - $10

After bonus + Edge card, got $29.xx from the two. I didn't think that was bad at all for those two games. Put the credit towards an Odin Sphere pre-order, leaving me a little over $10 owed on it. I was happy. :)

The EDGE also stacks with the 75% PS1/N64 games, making the grand total 85%. 75+10=85

Just an FYI....

Of course, your GS stores may choose to be total D's about it and NOT let you combine it, but I usually just say 'oh I also have this' and they scan the card w/o thinking if it's allowed or not.

[quote name='DJIrata']Percentages don't work that way IAmTheCheapestGamer. It's not 85%. It's 10 percent off the 75% which wouldn't be 85%. Trust me on this.[/QUOTE]
Percentages do work that way at EBStop. I have a stack of receipts to prove it. When you stack a percent off coupon and the Edge card, both take the percentage off the original price.

[quote name='DJIrata']Percentages don't work that way IAmTheCheapestGamer. It's not 85%. It's 10 percent off the 75% which wouldn't be 85%. Trust me on this.[/quote]

It indeed does deduct a full 85%. I think they recently made some changes to their system, as it did not used to do that. When they cleared out the Dreamcast stuff last year, I remember the edge card having almost no effect.

On another note, last time I did B1G1 with multiple games, it automatically grouped the most expensive together. Hopefully that wasnt YMMV. :)

[quote name='ogbaka']can anyone list good trade in for 360 and good purchases for xbox. thanks[/QUOTE]

For Trade in Values, click here to check out the CAGwiki. Please post any new trade values so it can be updated for others to see. Values on the wiki are subject to change, but they do give a general estimate of what you'll get when you trade.

No one can do better than that on "good trade in for 360". As for purchases for Xbox, WTF? It depends entirely on what type of games you like!

Ok, I am late to the party - I know...

But, if I trade in 2 360 games, they will give me +$10. And then if I put it down on Halo 2 I will get another 20%? That does not seem right...

matthew

well $250 is what I've seen the 360s going for on the bay so this doesnt seem to bad to me, not like I am going to bite though.

I went to mu local Eb that still has N64 and PS1 games and they claim that the 75% off ended yesterday, can amyone confirm that the deal is still on? Thanks.

[quote name='nharmon91']well $250 is what I've seen the 360s going for on the bay so this doesnt seem to bad to me, not like I am going to bite though.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that for $50 less credit, you can keep your HDD and wireless controller (assuming that you have a wired as a spare)?

so does the elite have to be in stock for any of these trade ins to be valid? i tried to trade in my gamecube like 10 times but never could b/c gs didnt have any wii in stock

Hmm that $69.99 DS Lite for a used DS is tempting. Then again that is because puzzle quest is that addicting and I need more juice in the battery, lol. If I only had $70 lying around that I am not using to buy Nintendo products already, rofl.

Not bad for the trade-in value.

I got my XBox 360 from that Microcenter Promo in which I got it for $300 after rebate.

I don't think the guys working at the GS near me read the memo about the new promos that started yesterday. Did the 2 fer 50% bonus trade-in credit, but when I asked about trading a DS phat for a DS Lite, they didn't know anything about it. I'll try again tomorrow, either at a different store, or hopefully the other shift will be in and those guys will know what's going on.

I had to look at this thread again to make sure the deal was real...

[quote name='gunm']I don't think the guys working at the GS near me read the memo about the new promos that started yesterday. Did the 2 fer 50% bonus trade-in credit, but when I asked about trading a DS phat for a DS Lite, they didn't know anything about it. I'll try again tomorrow, either at a different store, or hopefully the other shift will be in and those guys will know what's going on.

I had to look at this thread again to make sure the deal was real...[/quote]

There should be a tower in the front of the store with 4 posters on it. 2 of the deals I can remember offhand are the trade for the DS Lite and the other is the trade for the PS3. If they don't know about the deal, point out the poster. If they don't have it set up, have them look in their marketing guide on one of the last 2 pages and it will be highlighed there. Besides, it is an automatic thing in the POS, so just ringing it up (trade of DS phat with purchase of DS Lite) will give the extra credit.

Man, beyond Stubbs the Zombie, I can't really think of any other original Xbox games I'm looking for. I totally murdered EBstop last time they did this deal.

Well, I'm in the Milwakuee, WI area - called three of my area GS/EB stores, and not one of them knows anything about this DS -> DS Lite trade-in deal!?!? :cry:

Is this only going on in certain regions only?

Update: check back here, and decided to call back and insist on it. It is for real, the people working there just don't know dick!

Anyone know when the deals are going to start? I called a few eb's and gamestops and one of them said it was an "upcoming" deal but it's not implemented yet.

It would be fine to ask this question if it wasn't there, but it is there not once, but 4 times. And it has been proven that there are many ignorant employees on a regular basis. There will be signs in the store stating the deals, calling them only results in mixed answers.

[quote name='mcginnis']Anyone know when the deals are going to start? I called a few eb's and gamestops and one of them said it was an "upcoming" deal but it's not implemented yet.[/quote]

[quote name='Halo05']Man, beyond Stubbs the Zombie, I can't really think of any other original Xbox games I'm looking for. I totally murdered EBstop last time they did this deal.[/quote]

I picked up stubbs from CC last night for 16$

sorry, you misunderstood. I'm only interested in the DS trade in deals which have no date yet. The elite and other deals are going on but I called a few stores regarding the DS deal. I'm still going to call a few weeks later to know when it's going to happen. I never really had a problem with the stores nor am I paranoid that they'll want to give me mixed answers. ^_^

I called Gamestop an hour ago and the guy told me the DS trade in offer was over on the 30th of April. He said he took down the sign today. Anyone try trading in a DS today? I went to another store during lunch and the guy said the deal was over a long time ago... This kinda sucks since I was planning on doing the trade in deal.

Well, a quick search sees some great deals. If you max out the deal by getting three of the same price game with your GR card, its basically 40% each game, so here are some good deals, just what caught my eye. SOme is junk, but maybe useful if they do the Trade three for an additional $10 again.

$2.99($1.80 each)
Mission Impossible
Mech Assault
NFS UNDERGROUND
FIFA 02
NEW legends
Blood Wake
IHRA DRAG Racing 1 or 3
Azurik
Lord of the Rings
Amped

$3.99($2.40)
Time Splitters 2
Alias
Blood Rayne
Buffy
MVP 05
Phantom Dust(AWESOME)
Tiger Woods 04

$4.99( $2.99)
Razes Hell
Gun Metal
Dead or Alive 3
Robotech Battlecry
Red Dead Revolver
Lord of the Rings-ROTK
Crimson Sea
T3-Rise
Pro Race Driver
Galleon

$5.99($3.60)
Lord of the Rings THird Age
GGX2 Reloaded
Fifa 04
SRS
Panzer

Those are just the ones that caught my eye, there are dozens of more games that fit these categories. Damn, this is a good time to be a gamer. Hitman, Mafia, Freedom Fighters, TRue Crime: New York, Serious Sam, and some PS2 goodness in Gungrave OD, Nightmare of Druaga, Viewtiful Joe 2, Ulimited Saga, SPhinx and more stuff just taking up their space but with a warm place in our hearts.

bread's done
Back