GS/EB Trade 3 Wii, 360 and/or PS3 games get 20% extra credit.

archibishopthedoge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
139 (100%)
I went over there today to unload some crap and the manager told me this had just started today. I didnt see it advertised in the ad and only went over to trade some stuff to supplement my Dualshock 3 purchase, so was pleasantly surprised when my trade booty covered.

I apologize if this is a repost, but I did not see it in the ad and am unsure if everyone is aware. Not as good as the trade 2/get $10, but its something at least. Stacks with Edge as usual.

[quote name='TomoyoN']I wonder if they will ever do that trade 2 get $10 again...[/quote]

Yeah, it's great for unloading those easy 1000/1000 achievement games that you buying on clearance

can anyone else confirm this?

Are you sure you didn't trade it in towards a pre-order or something?

I went over there today to unload some crap and the manager told me this had just started today. I didnt see it advertised in the ad and only went over to trade some stuff to supplement my Dualshock 3 purchase, so was pleasantly surprised when my trade booty covered.

I apologize if this is a repost, but I did not see it in the ad and am unsure if everyone is aware. Not as good as the trade 2/get $10, but its something at least. Stacks with Edge as usual.

[quote name='TomoyoN']I wonder if they will ever do that trade 2 get $10 again...[/quote]

Yeah, it's great for unloading those easy 1000/1000 achievement games that you buying on clearance

can anyone else confirm this?

Are you sure you didn't trade it in towards a pre-order or something?

i wonder???
if i trade in 3 games towards gta 4 u get 20 percent more trade in and then when u trade 3 u get 20 percent more so wil i end up gettin 40 percent more trade in credit i wonder:cool:

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Do you know if its 3 or more, or if its every group of 3 traded in? I may have 4 or 5 360 games I will trade in, but not 6.[/quote]

Whenever they have these deals, you just have to hit whatever the minimum amount of titles to be traded in. You don't need to trade in multiples of the minimum.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Do you know if its 3 or more, or if its every group of 3 traded in? I may have 4 or 5 360 games I will trade in, but not 6.[/quote]

Whenever they have these deals, you just have to hit whatever the minimum amount of titles to be traded in is. You don't need to trade in multiples of the minimum.

[quote name='conebone69']i wonder???
if i trade in 3 games towards gta 4 u get 20 percent more trade in and then when u trade 3 u get 20 percent more so wil i end up gettin 40 percent more trade in credit i wonder:cool:[/quote]

Unfortunately, no. These promotions do not stack. The system won't allow it.

This is verified, saw it today. Trade 3 or more PS3/Wii/XB360 and get and extra 20%. Stacks with Edge Card, does not stack with other offers.

I got GRAW 2 when I bought EDF for trading, and I suppose I'll trade it in on Wednesday now[with 2 other games] to get Oblivion and an arcade stick for Ikaruga [if I can find it].
Thanks.

Well i've been meaning to hit up EB for a couple days now and never made it. Now looks like I might be dumping a few things i haven't been playing for Mario Kart and GTA CE later this month.

Assuming (HUGE IF) they didn't slash the online trade in price list Mario Galaxy shows $27(35.10), SSBBrawl $25? (32.50), and something else.... Hmmm maybe TMNT that I picked up for $10 new last year and never opened and wont be missing anytime soon. OR what are the excluded games I wonder if i can just buy a crap sports game and throw it in for #3... No real loss as Brawl was a blind buy with GR credit as was Galaxy which I can always pick back up for cheaper later on.

this might not be as good as the 'trade 2 bonus 10$,' but considering the timing it is nice for converting bb credit to gs credit after that buy 1 get 1 free 14.99 and under (mainly sonic 360, family guy ps2, earth defense force)

I traded in 6 games and got 20% more for each set of 3.

Its amazing people not believing this :lol: they do this same fucking promotion every few months.

In the latest newsletter

Receive an Extra 20% Trade-In Credit

In-Store Offer Only
Instead of renting a space at a storage facility to house all of your used games, you can trade them toward the hottest new titles at your local GameStop. Now through April 27, trade three or more Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games, and receive an additional 20% trade-in credit. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply. Please see our Trade-in Values page for further details.

Just called if you are trading towards MK Wii or GTA 4 they have a power trade going on getting extra 20% no matter how many you trade in.

Actually got the cool manager and he looked up prices ..

before 20% /after 20%+10% Edge bump
SSBBrawl - $35 / $45.50 = they losing $ :D
Mario Galaxy - $27/35.10

I'm considering trading in Crackdown, Mass Effect, and Stranglehold. Do you think I'd get a good deal or should I just eBay them?

Anybody know if they have any annoying exclusions like they have in the past? For instance, 'trade value must be $1 or more' or anything like that? Specifically wondering if Sneak King could be one of my 3 games.

The exclusions are generally used in the "trade 2, get $10 bonus" deals, in order to stop people from trading in completely worthless crap and getting $5 for each title. In the % bonus deals, they are usually little in the way of exclusions (mostly very old sports games). I've traded in complete trash in the past, in order to get the number of titles up to the necessary amount. After all, if you trade a $.50 game, you'll just get 20% on the $.50, which is meaningless.

As far as the BK games go, you should be able to use them in this promotion. GameStop sells them as 360 titles.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The exclusions are generally used in the "trade 2, get $10 bonus" deals, in order to stop people from trading in completely worthless crap and getting $5 for each title. In the % bonus deals, they are usually little in the way of exclusions (mostly very old sports games). I've traded in complete trash in the past, in order to get the number of titles up to the necessary amount. After all, if you trade a $.50 game, you'll just get 20% on the $.50, which is meaningless.

As far as the BK games go, you should be able to use them in this promotion. GameStop sells them as 360 titles.[/QUOTE]

Cool, that's exactly what I figured, but thought I'd ask before trekkin' it over there tonight. If they don't let me use Sneak King as one of the three, I'll post here as an FYI.

Well, Sneak King was allowed as part of the deal. Also, my store was nice enough to take 2 copies of it (just so happened to have 2 copies).

[quote name='ultramanJ']This deal is a joke. I'm going to hold out for the trade 2 get $10 extra credit.[/quote]

I love the fact that not a deal post goes by, especially one pertaining to GameStop, without someone referring to it as a "joke" or some such word. If the games you are trading in have a value of $25+, you'll be getting the same or a little more than you would with the "trade 2, get 10 bonus" deal. The $10 bonus deal is really good for getting rid of crap, while the % deals are still good for getting rid of newer stuff with some value. Too bad this isn't their 30% deal, though, which is slightly better.

It's definitely better for the trading of Smash Bros, because that's a 10$ bonus per copy, not per two copies. It is not beneficial for those wishing to unload EDF x 100.

bread's done
Back