GS/EB Trade 3 XB360 get an extra $10 starts on Monday 3/5

reibeatall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
See topic title.

Saw this in my marketing kit today. All that trade fodder you guys have been saving up is about to get some use.

EDIT:

[quote name='tenzor']THE TRADE 3 GET AN EXTRA $10.00 TRADE IN CREDIT IS ONLY FOR XBOX 360 GAMES I saw the poster, and it only said XBOX 360 games, and even has a bunch of games pictured which are only 360 games. King Kong is shown on the poster so their prob. won't be exclusions except for demos and prob 06 sports games.
[/quote]
I'm sure he's right, but I'll check everything tommorow. All I saw was "Trade 3 get an extra $10."

[quote name='reibeatall']See topic title.

Saw this in my marketing kit today. All that trade fodder you guys have been saving up is about to get some use.[/quote]

Woohoo nice!

damn I was waiting for one of these, I have some cube games I should probably get rid of, thanks OP!

Hopefully a B2G1 is coming soon...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! It's about time so I can unload some games that have no value. Thanks man.

I guess I should also renew my GI card for this, maybe.

I remember the last few times I have had mixed results with racing games, which would be the bulk of my trading if I am able to. Are there any restrictions this time around?

fucking sweet! This comes at a GREAT time as my GR store is closing soon. I've been transferring credit to Gamecrazy but this might be better.

Please post ANY and ALL trade-in prices here (starting now if you call to get some in advance) and me or other CAGWiki editors will add them to the Wiki - just like the good ol' days last summer ;).

The big question, though, is what, if any, restrictions are there on the trade-ins? Is it just the same as before - no demos, jampacks, and sports games 2006 and before? Or is there more to it than that this time? I could see them tightening up the restrictions this time around. Also, hopefully they still include all previous gen games (Xbox, GC, PS2, DS, PSP - GBA was excluded before so I assume it will be this time).

Edit - Of course, now that it looks like only 360 games, that's pretty blah... I've just been acquiring 360 games because I plan to buy a system soon. I certainly don't have any to trade except for maybe a copy of NHL 2K6 from Best Buy. But they'll probably exclude that.

Great news, I've been hoping to see this again. I still have a lot of cheap games that I didn't get around to trading in last time.

To all the people who are asking about the restrictions, I'm not sure exactly what they are. I'm sure it's the same "No Demo Discs, No sports older than 2006."

Racing games and games like Tony Hawk are YMMV. I'd personally take them, but some tightass stores don't.

THE TRADE 3 GET AN EXTRA $10.00 TRADE IN CREDIT IS ONLY FOR XBOX 360 GAMES I saw the poster, and it only said XBOX 360 games, and even has a bunch of games pictured which are only 360 games. King Kong is shown on the poster so their prob. won't be exclusions except for demos and prob 06 sports games.

[quote name='tenzor']THE TRADE 3 GET AN EXTRA $10.00 TRADE IN CREDIT IS ONLY FOR XBOX 360 GAMES I saw the poster, and it only said XBOX 360 games, and even has a bunch of games pictured which are only 360 games. King Kong is shown on the poster so their prob. won't be exclusions except for demos and prob 06 sports games.
[/QUOTE]Upset of 2007 right here.

Yeah, I just got the PM from tenzor, and I didn't see that at all. All I saw was "Trade 3 get an extra $10"

I'm updating OP and I'll check to make sure tommorow. Sorry if I messed up.

[/QUOTE]

Aw, phooey. :roll: Had my hopes up for a second.

[quote name='reibeatall']Yeah, I just got the PM from tenzor, and I didn't see that at all. All I saw was "Trade 3 get an extra $10"

I'm updating OP and I'll check to make sure tommorow. Sorry if I messed up.[/quote]

I can also confirm - 360 only.

I didn't get a good look at anything else in the kit, but I think that may have been the only 'deal' this time around besides the 20% trades towards God of War II.

[quote name='anderton']haha, welp, back to game crazy.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, back to plan A...

May as well call this deal dead, since the bonus $10 was only good for shitty low priced games, and 360 games are hard to find under $10, and even then it's sports, which will be excluded.

I'd change the title to "Extra $3.33 trade in credit, on 3 xbox 360 games."

That's more like it, gamestop!

this could work out for me. but im little confused..do i have to trade in 3 360 games of just trade in fodder for them...this way i can get DOA 4,kameo and moto gp 06.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']doubtful that the BK games would work right? cause my BK has a ton of em.[/quote]

I dunno, I saw a used BK game at my Gamestop last week, so they definitely do accept them.

They can just type in the name of the game. They do that with any game that doesn't come with their original case (especially GBA games).

$10 for trading in 3 XBox 360 games for gs/eb's pathetically low trade-in value? All transactions include a slap in the face as well, I assume....

So sad... I hope this isn't an indication that the last-gen 3 for $10 promo is gone for good, though it might very well be....

The maybe in the title should be deleted.

I'll confirm it. The promo is only for Xbox 360 titles. Exclusions will be 2006 sports titles. Starts 3/5 and ends 3/25.

On a side note, I'd prefer that they did at least a trade 3 get 30% extra that worked for all games. Then everyone would benefit from the deal. I didn't see the trade 3 get $10 coming back for the last gen consoles, possibly a trade 4 get $10, but only 3 is out of the question.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']So sad... I hope this isn't an indication that the last-gen 3 for $10 promo is gone for good, though it might very well be....
[/quote]
Yeah, I seriously doubt we'll ever see the $10 bonus on PS2/Xbox/Cube games again. There would have to be a ton of exclusions, and that would defeat the purpose for us.

When is the 20% bonus on trades toward God of War II in effect? Does it stack with the Edge card for 30%? :) I might as well do that deal... I don't see anything better coming along.

[quote name='canedaddy'] When is the 20% bonus on trades toward God of War II in effect? Does it stack with the Edge card for 30%? :) I might as well do that deal... I don't see anything better coming along.[/QUOTE]

It was still in effect a couple of days ago.

A ho-hum offer. Most non-excluded titles will probably fetch more on eBay/trade value unless you're loaded on games like Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, and King Kong.

My GS took in demos last summer - I dumped off 6 Jampacks obtained for free thanks to the $5 off PS2 game last spring, and got low-$20's credit. :)

[quote name='crazyj']Anybody know where to go to get clearanced games for .99?

I wanna finally pickup PGR3[/QUOTE]

I doubt you're going to find many 360 games for .99 ;)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I doubt you're going to find many 360 games for .99 ;)[/QUOTE]

i think he means where to pic up cheap games for .99 so he could get PGR 3

bread's done
Back