GS: Free PS3 Controller with System Purchase (5/11 - 5/17)

bjkrautk

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/

My apologies if this has already been posted, but I don't see the GS weekend circular deals in the forum yet.

A free SIXAXIS, for someone who already plans on buying a second controller, is in effect a $50 price cut.
Is this finally the sale worth jumping on for those PS3 fence-sitters (myself included)?

!EDIT: Reading the fine print, the PS3 deal is only valid through Sunday, May 13!

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I wonder if this can be combined with the $100 credit from a PS2 trade-in.[/quote]

I was wondering about that as well...would be nice to get another $100.00 off from a PS2 Fatty.

However, I'd probably wouldn't think of biting unless they get even more desperate & added in a game (non sport), well that or some yearly warrenty - but that's just me. :)

They also have a coupon that looks like if you buy Donkey Konga 2 new, you'll get free bongos with it. Good luck with that, since that game was probably bought up when GS dropped the bongos to $5 new.

[quote name='anthony0187']i just bought a ps3 on the 8th, think i can still get the controller if i have the receipt?[/quote]

you SHOULD be able to.

i remember when i got a 360 they had the promotion deal a few days later that made the system come with a free ghost recon game and an extended warranty...so i told them i never got that with my original purchase and they hooked it up.

[quote name='Valkryst']I bet vibration is coming sooooon...[/quote]

I agree - I'm waiting at least a year and probably to Christmas 2008 before buying a PS3. They should have everything worked out by then...

ive seen a few select OPENED copies of donkey konga 2 that were selling for NEW. my lovely GS workers of course would not let me buy it used last week during the sale and insisted on selling me an open copy of a NEW game. but a free set of bongos is pretty cool, i hope they are new and not the ones the employees opened up to play jungle beat with their ass cheeks

bread's done
Back