GS: Instore/Online PUR Pro B2G1 on Preowned "Products" 2/28-2/29

I'm pretty happy with my find today. Was able to get
Mario 3D Land,Mario Kart 7, and Resident Evil Revelations.
Had a launch 3DS but didn't have any games for it lol.

[quote name='Jerajdai']Just ordered 3 copies of Black Ops :360: online for $35.98 + tax + shipping, had a little GS credit which brought it down to $30.35 and saw amazon has TIV for 360 version @ $20.25 each so I'm flipping 2 that way.[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be disappointed unless you put in the effort to make your copies complete and in good condition. You did it backwards, GS is the one who doesn't care about condition.

[quote name='$hady']Prepare to be disappointed unless you put in the effort to make your copies complete and in good condition. You did it backwards, GS is the one who doesn't care about condition.[/QUOTE]

True, GS doesn't care about condition but they don't have TIV anywhere close to that for Black Ops either. Complete and good condition should be easy enough - there are 5 GS stores in my area. I'm sure I can manage 2 complete, decent copies.

[quote name='vlv723']But remember, Best Buy would jack up their prices for their used games as well if a B2G1 promo ever occurs.[/QUOTE]

First, as I said they have done it twice already in 2012. Secondly, there prices are nowhere near as high as Gamestop. Gamestop is a joke. Gamestop will often charge as much as 50 or 55 for some games. Are you kidding me? The most I have ever seen for Best Buy is $45. Often during these deals BB puts some games on sale. Gamestop....not so much.

[quote name='DaShaka']Yeah MPTrilogy was in a steel case and they were selling it used for $70+ without PUR. (it trades into amazon for $31) It came with the Steel Case, Slip Cover, Art Book, Manual, Game and even Club Nintendo Voucher so it was in good shape. With PUR it was $62, and the others were normally $40 each, used. It's probably not the best deal in the world, but I figured I'd buy it and ask here. I have 7 days to return the games he said.[/QUOTE]

ah, the MPT looks like it was complete and I didn't think there was a markup on those used. Last year, I was able to get a hold of the RE5 CE and it was the same price as the vanilla version. Had the steelcase and extra DVDs but no patch and figure.

Here's a little story of what went down at the GS i went to today:

Lady: Hi, I brought these 2 games early this week
GS: Yea
Lady: I got the email today that GS have a b2g1 sale
Lady: I would like to return/rebuy and get a free game
GS: Sorry we can't do that
Lady: why, I just brought these games this week before finding out GS had a special this week
GS: well sorry, we can't give you the promotion, since it is a special sale and cannot be given to a previous sale
Lady: I have a GS pro membership, and have spent over thousands at GS
GS: lady, understand if we gave this to you, we would need to give this to everyone
Lady: well if people brought 2 games this week they should be able to ask for the free game since the special is for this week
GS: we can't do that, GS has to make money and we can't give out deals for what you brought earlier ..
Lady: I want talk to a manager
GS: No manager around
Lady: I like to call GS HQ and have this resolved
GS: sure let me go find the # for you
5 minutes later come back and hand lady the #
Lady: I will make sure I complain and return everything I ever brought from your store
GS: .......
Lady walks out

GS talk to another GS and laugh at the lady ....

Cool GS story huh.....LOL

[quote name='HaloSucks']Here's a little story of what went down at the GS i went to today:

Lady: Hi, I brought these 2 games early this week
GS: Yea
Lady: I got the email today that GS have a b2g1 sale
Lady: I would like to return/rebuy and get a free game
GS: Sorry we can't do that
Lady: why, I just brought these games this week before finding out GS had a special this week
GS: well sorry, we can't give you the promotion, since it is a special sale and cannot be given to a previous sale
Lady: I have a GS pro membership, and have spent over thousands at GS
GS: lady, understand if we gave this to you, we would need to give this to everyone
Lady: well if people brought 2 games this week they should be able to ask for the free game since the special is for this week
GS: we can't do that, GS has to make money and we can't give out deals for what you brought earlier ..
Lady: I want talk to a manager
GS: No manager around
Lady: I like to call GS HQ and have this resolved
GS: sure let me go find the # for you
5 minutes later come back and hand lady the #
Lady: I will make sure I complain and return everything I ever brought from your store
GS: .......
Lady walks out

GS talk to another GS and laugh at the lady ....

Cool GS story huh.....LOL[/QUOTE]

Gota love the minimum wage jackasses who work at GameStop. Some are nice and are good at their job, but most are idiots. Why couldn't the lady just return the games (7day return policy) and then go buy 3 games? Two of which she already owns?

The guy at the store I went to was great! First I had all three of my games but they were from all different stores, he was laughing because of the amount of work I put in to getting these (which really wasn't much). Then I asked him if I could exchange these and re-buy them for the B2G1, he didn't give me any trouble. But then, I first had this B2G1 coupon from renewing my pro membership in December, I did not know of this promotion, so I told him to just throw it away. However, what he did was personally extend the coupon by a week by putting his signature on it. Bad thing is I could only use that at that gamestop, which was not my closest gamestop. But that was one of my best visits to gamestop

Picked up some decent stuff yesterday, in decent condition. Minus this annoying new trend (at least in my area) for Gamestop to keep extra copies of the used games behind the counter in cases, so that when I bring up the case I want, they exchange it with some busted version with the cover art or manual missing etc. I actually had to request a couple times to get the game with the box I wanted and had to deal with a few bewildered/annoyed looks. Oh well.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']CoD WoW
Fallout New Vegas
Crackdown 2

$25.99

I feel swell about this.[/QUOTE]

I've seen F:NV new for 10 at bestbuy the past week since the complete version is out. Still a good deal tho.

Ironic that I waited to use my coupon for yesterday and then there was a sale.

Fallout New Vegas was 10 dollars last year as well.

[quote name='strait edge follower']this is a nice little promo to stack with that gba 75% off thing going on[/QUOTE]

This does not stack. I bought a few GBA games on 2/28 and 2/29. None of the games rang up for free.

[quote name='DaShaka']Gota love the minimum wage jackasses who work at GameStop. Some are nice and are good at their job, but most are idiots. Why couldn't the lady just return the games (7day return policy) and then go buy 3 games? Two of which she already owns?[/QUOTE]

Was going to ask the same thing...

He's extra in the wrong, because if convo went as per post, the lady told him she wanted to return the games first, THEN rebuy them. Even though this is "abusing" the policy, I would say it is well within it.

I returned and rebought Tales of the Abyss 3ds with Hyperdimension Neptunia and White Knight Chronicles 2. I only had to pay $22 out of pocket and had $37 something in credit.

I'm flipping HN and will put WKC 2 on goozex at some point.

[quote name='yesidoknow']I've seen F:NV new for 10 at bestbuy the past week since the complete version is out. Still a good deal tho.[/QUOTE]

Crackdown 2 was/is $5 at Best Buy as well.

[quote name='SKEETER']This does not stack. I bought a few GBA games on 2/28 and 2/29. None of the games rang up for free.[/QUOTE]

Lol of course it wouldnt. Gamestop won't let you stack discount coupons with sales so this doesn't really surprise me.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lol of course it wouldnt. Gamestop won't let you stack discount coupons with sales so this doesn't really surprise me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went to two different stores and they said each time that I couldn't combine sales...I should have known lol!

bread's done
Back