GS LUVNU Sale

manasteel88

CAGiversary!
Gamestop/EB Games is holding a 10% off any game with Heart/Soul/Love in the title or a 15% off any DS or Wii game. It says "In Stock" for the 15% deal, but it applies to preorders as well. Just type LUVNU in for check out.

Testing it with Sakura Wars So Long My Love preorder for the Wii is 25.49 (it applied a 15% credit instead of 25% combined or placing the percentages on top of one another) which also makes it free shipping.

It says in the checkout section that the deal is until Feb. 11th.

[quote name='Gamestop Frontpage']Will you be our Valentine? Instead of passing us a note with the 'Yes' or 'No' box checked, please give us your answer by entering the code LUVNU at checkout to take 10% off any game with 'Heart,' 'Love' or 'Soul' in the title or 15% off any in-stock Wii or DS title. Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're beautiful, and saving with us is easy 'cause you can type in all caps. Available online for a limited time.[/QUOTE]So far that was all I could see as a big deal other than maybe Pokemon Heart/Gold

[quote name='manasteel88']Gamestop/EB Games is holding a 10% off any game with Heart/Soul/Love in the title or a 15% off any DS or Wii game. It says "In Stock" for the 15% deal, but it applies to preorders as well. Just type LUVNU in for check out.

Testing it with Sakura Wars So Long My Love preorder for the Wii is 25.49 (it applied a 15% credit instead of 25% combined or placing the percentages on top of one another) which also makes it free shipping.

It says in the checkout section that the deal is until Feb. 11th.

So far that was all I could see as a big deal other than maybe Pokemon Heart/Gold[/QUOTE]

Tried this, applies only to new games.

The Heart/Soul/Love thing only worked on a very select few games, but the DS/Wii sale still works for all DS/Wii games.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts Re-Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days[/QUOTE]

Some decent titles available

I Heart Katamari
Soul Calibur(s)

[quote name='manasteel88']The Heart/Soul/Love thing only worked on a very select few games, but the DS/Wii sale still works for all DS/Wii games.[/QUOTE]

Advance Wars 2 DS is about $8 with this sale

I like the marketing attempt...unique...but not too helpful. If they keep it up though it could be a cool gimmick- imagine a discount on games with "war" in the title.

It is a sad reflection on our society that games with "love" in the title are few and games with "war" in the title are vast.

Weird. Sakura Wars WII on Amazon is 49.99, on Gamestop 29.99? Who has the pricing error? According to Target, Amazon does!

ALSO NOTE: Luvnu does not work on the PS2 Sakura Wars. Weird? Sakura Wars Wii works.

[quote name='aeri']ALSO NOTE: Luvnu does not work on the PS2 Sakura Wars. Weird? Sakura Wars Wii works.[/QUOTE]
Why would it for the PS2? It doesn't have Love/Soul/Heart in the title and it's not a Wii or DS game. So no discount applies to that. But the Wii version does since it's a Wii game.

[quote name='DarkZion']Why would it for the PS2? It doesn't have Love/Soul/Heart in the title and it's not a Wii or DS game. So no discount applies to that. But the Wii version does since it's a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

The sale is 10% off ANY game with Love/Soul/Heart in the title OR 15% off any Wii/DS game. Seeing as though Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love does have the word Love in its title, it should be 10% off.

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvin you-ooooooooooooh~
Is easy cuz yer beauti-fuuuuuuuu-uuu-uuul
Doot doot 'n do de dooooooooooo
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

ps3
demon's souls
soul calibur 4

ps2
james bond 007: from russia with love
we love katamari
legacy of kain soul reaver
shin megami tensei: devil summoner: raidou kuzunoha vs. the souless army
soul calibur 2
soul calibur 3
arcana heart
kingdom hearts
kingdom hearts 2
kingdom hearts: chain of memories
shadow hearts
shadow hearts: covenant
shadow hearts: from the new world

game boy advance/sp

final fantasy 1 & 2: dawn of souls
shining soul
shining soul 2

psp games
from russia with love
soul calibur: broken destiny
spectral souls: resurrection of the ethereal empires

soul calibur 4

gamecube
soulcalibur 2
from russia with love

xbox
soul calibur 2
from russia with love

let me know if i missed any

What happens if there is a word like LOVE mashed in the middle of two other words? Something like...I can't think of one right now, but if a game had a title like _ _ L O V E _ _

That should count.

[quote name='Strell']Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvin you-ooooooooooooh~
Is easy cuz yer beauti-fuuuuuuuu-uuu-uuul
Doot doot 'n do de dooooooooooo
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH![/QUOTE]

So I guess it would be really fucking hard to love me if I was ugly, huh? Thanks. Thanks for the self-esteem boost.

[quote name='DarkZion']Why would it for the PS2? It doesn't have Love/Soul/Heart in the title and it's not a Wii or DS game. So no discount applies to that. But the Wii version does since it's a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

See what this young lad said.

[quote name='mtincher']The sale is 10% off ANY game with Love/Soul/Heart in the title OR 15% off any Wii/DS game. Seeing as though Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love does have the word Love in its title, it should be 10% off.[/QUOTE]

This young lad answered it perfectly. From what I understood 10% off ANYTHING with Love/heart/soul in it and 15% off any Wii/DS game. Appears that the sale is actually 10% any wii/ds game with love/heart/soul in it and 15% off any Wii/DS game. Because the 10% off only applies to Wii/DS games, it's kinda useless!

this is NOT a goof deal AT ALL.

why? cuz it cant be combined with CAG16 which takes off 16 percent instead of just a lousy 10 percent

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']So I guess it would be really fucking hard to love me if I was ugly, huh? Thanks. Thanks for the self-esteem boost.[/QUOTE]

My love aint no charity. Step aside for the beautiful people!

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']So I guess it would be really fucking hard to love me if I was ugly, huh? Thanks. Thanks for the self-esteem boost.[/QUOTE]

yeah really, it really is a shallow song, shallow lyrics

[quote name='doooork']this is NOT a goof deal AT ALL.

why? cuz it cant be combined with CAG16 which takes off 16 percent instead of just a lousy 10 percent[/QUOTE]

This is for NEW games only. CAG16 doesn't apply to new games. Essentially this is a 15% off all Wii/DS games which isn't that bad IMO

[quote name='DesertLeo']ps3
demon's souls
soul calibur 4

ps2
james bond 007: from russia with love
we love katamari
legacy of kain soul reaver
shin megami tensei: devil summoner: raidou kuzunoha vs. the souless army
soul calibur 2
soul calibur 3
arcana heart
kingdom hearts
kingdom hearts 2
shadow hearts
shadow hearts: covenant
shadow hearts: from the new world

game boy advance/sp

final fantasy 1 & 2: dawn of souls
shining soul
shining soul 2

psp games
from russia with love
soul calibur: broken destiny
spectral souls: resurrection of the ethereal empires

soul calibur 4

gamecube
soulcalibur 2
from russia with love

xbox
soul calibur 2
from russia with love

let me know if i missed any[/QUOTE]

Nice list but it only applies for new Wii/DS games, as I stated before I believe :( I tried it on Soul Nomad and the World Eaters for PS2 and no go. Also tried it on Sakura Wars for PS2 and no go. Edit: Also, of course, KH on DS,

Lovvvving you is easy 'cause you're a monopoly
Doobie Doobie Doo Doo

Cute sale. Needs more games or a greater percent off to make it useful though.

[quote name='vherub']since it works on preorders, monster hunter 3 bundle comes out to $46.74 before tax.[/QUOTE]

this. I didn't even notice they were offering the bundle, thanks!

don't use this coupon to buy used games, just use CAG16, it still works and its 16% of all used games and stacks with edge 10% for 26% percent

i've already used it 2 times in the past 6 weeks online at gamestop.com

[quote name='tffshiva']don't use this coupon to buy used games, just use CAG16, it still works and its 16% of all used games and stacks with edge 10% for 26% percent

i've already used it 2 times in the past 6 weeks online at gamestop.com[/QUOTE]
true but like I used in the example above its $25 for Sakura Wars preorder with free shipping which is so far the cheapest deal.

[quote name='Scorch']That's a fairly limited (and terrible) sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much.

I tried it with SoulSilver. It works when it's shipped, but not with in-store pickup.

As a deal on the new Pokemon games and Sakura Wars, it's not that bad, but no in-store pickup kills it for me.

bread's done
Back