GS power up rewards coupon: "Trade 2 get 1 Pre-Owned Free" YMMV exp 7-31

technicalstylez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (98%)
i was checking my power up rewards acct for the LA Noire coupon deal someone else listed, but instead of the LA Noire coupon I had a coupon for "Trade 2 get 1 Pre-owned free." Talked to gamestop cs and they said it can be ANY 2 games (that gamestop currently still accepts trade-ins for) and the free game is ANY used game priced 54.99 or less- says so on the coupon.

thought i'd give u guys the heads up incase u have one too. heading to gamestop now :)

it expires this sunday 7-31-11 so u might wanna act quickly. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/poweruprewardscoupon.jpg/

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please post a pic, I'm having a hard time believing gamestop giving out such a coupon.

Haven't had any luck on getting either of the two coupons, good luck to everyone else though.

i don't know why i would make this up... it expires 7-31-11, which is sunday if that makes you feel any better.

[quote name='rey6eric']Can you please post a pic, I'm having a hard time believing gamestop giving out such a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'm guessing that the site is sending out these offers on accident since it's been having so many problems over the last week.

Damn, this is the type of coupon dreams are made off good way to stack up some BB credit for the 5 for $100 RZ deal.

That's way to good of a deal. Hell you could go buy 2 cheap ass games at the gamestop trade them in and then get something that just about came out.

proof is in the pudding.

poweruprewardscoupon.jpg

had to blackout the bar code, but there it is. if u didn't believe me u probably feel silly now.

^correct, but i asked cs and they said i can trade in any game gs is currently accepting trade ins for. i believe that text refers to me trying to trade ina ps1 game or what have you.

Wow this deal is awsome!

Wish i had that coupon.... can you remember anything special you might have done to get it on your account?

Did you recently renew the card?

and on a curious note.... what do you plan on trading in and getting?:D

um the only recent thing ive done is buy ar tonelico qoga new. i plan on getting re5 gold since i already have the collectors ed and didnt want to rebuy it just for move gameplay. the price has remained the same for a while (34.99 on gs and amz) so it makes sense to me. :)

[quote name='Dohboy563']Wow this deal is awsome!

Wish i had that coupon.... can you remember anything special you might have done to get it on your account?

Did you recently renew the card?

and on a curious note.... what do you plan on trading in and getting?:D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dinovelvet']This is the coupon they give out when you resubscribe to the PUR program. I'm guessing the OP's card expired recently and he re-signed up.[/QUOTE]

I resubscribed earlier today and I don't think I got any coupon at all. Am I just not looking hard enough? Does it show up on the Power Up Rewards site or do they send it to you by e-mail?

[quote name='FoodsAreBombs']I resubscribed earlier today and I don't think I got any coupon at all. Am I just not looking hard enough? Does it show up on the Power Up Rewards site or do they send it to you by e-mail?[/QUOTE]

It takes a day or two. You will get an email and it will also be in your active items on the PUR web site. But as a previous poster said it's just a B2G1, not a Trade 2 Get 1.

[quote name='donkeydrop']It takes a day or two. You will get an email and it will also be in your active items on the PUR web site. But as a previous poster said it's just a B2G1, not a Trade 2 Get 1.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Here's to hoping some of us still get these elusive and random supercoupons.

someone posted similar situation and had the list of qualifying titles from the powerupreward website, so it's not any old game you can trade, but most of the new ones were on the list. OP check your email for the link to the powerupreward link for qualifying titles.

[quote name='Carlanga']someone posted similar situation and had the list of qualifying titles from the powerupreward website, so it's not any old game you can trade, but most of the new ones were on the list. OP check your email for the link to the powerupreward link for qualifying titles.[/QUOTE]
Just looked at the pic in the OP and you are correct!

actually..i just got back from gs and the manager said its any game with tiv of $2 or more :D
not knowing this before hand, i showed up with 2 old ass ps2 games that had tivs of $.25 each lol. they were about to close so they said just come back tomorrow and its all good. gonna trade in 2 old ps3 games in the morning to get shadows of the damned for free. yay.

I checked my PowerUp Rewards account and i have the coupon.but i dont understand do i need to trade in two new games or can they be old like Rythem Heaven DS and Prey Xbox 360???

Wow, I could have definitely used this coupon. I'd love to get a copy of SotD, dungeon siege 3 or Alice by trading in some $2 TIV games. Of course, yet another coupon not on my account (never got the 100$ off ps3 coupon, trade 2 get la noire for 20 or even my b2g1 renewal coupon that should have been posted in march). I probably have too much activity on the account to qualify for them (since they figured they are getting my trades and purchases anyway)

Why does gamestop tease us like this? I'm happy someone got an awesome coupon like that but I have spent over $1000 at gamestop for me and my family so why can't I get a nice coupon?

Logged into my account, no offers. No la noire coupon or this. Seriously, fuck gamestop and their powerup rewards. Haven't gotten any of these offers for the last 6 months. Paid just the same for my powerup rewards as everyone else but didnt sign up for this backwards ass random coupon crap. I cancelled all my preorders on way home tonight (guy looked pissed, oh well) not renewing this POS card and sticking to Amazon and kmart from here on out. Only thing you can do as consumer is speak with your wallet.

[quote name='ponn01']I cancelled all my preorders on way home tonight (guy looked pissed, oh well) not renewing this POS card and sticking to Amazon and kmart from here on out. Only thing you can do as consumer is speak with your wallet.[/QUOTE]

You are right about voting with your wallet, and how many preorders did you cancel, because DAMN I bet that CSR shit a brick! Hopefully it was at least someone you didn't like! I have always thought about doing that do this one douchebag manager George I have had run-ins with before.

I didn't get anything. Freaking Gamestop and their emails, might go talk to them later today. I never get the deals you guys get.

[quote name='sgaldis']You are right about voting with your wallet, and how many preorders did you cancel, because DAMN I bet that CSR shit a brick! Hopefully it was at least someone you didn't like! I have always thought about doing that do this one douchebag manager George I have had run-ins with before.[/QUOTE]

5, pretty much every game I wanted over the holidays. I will probably pick them all up at kmart now starting with deus ex for their gaming coupons.

bread's done
Back