GS Steal of the Week: 20% off one pre owned game / accessory - 3500 points

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Got Enslaved for around $9.[/QUOTE]

That seems like a waste of a coupon to me. You saved about $5 and the game's been that price on several websites several times.

[quote name='Tsel']That seems like a waste of a coupon to me. You saved about $5 and the game's been that price on several websites several times.[/QUOTE]
yeah lol. didnt really have anything else there i wanted.

[quote name='Tsel']That seems like a waste of a coupon to me. You saved about $5 and the game's been that price on several websites several times.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's also $9 new on amazon.

Finally have enough points for 2 coupons. Will be picking up 2 MW3, 1 PS3 and 1 XBOX. Will trade those to BBY and pick up UC3 used with the $10 off coupon.

[quote name='oldboy26']just used 2 coupons for 2 copies of CODMW3 for $29.53 each, flipped to BB for $40 each. Nice $20 profit which i used to get a price matched 3ds $145, and got 3 3ds games(Kid Icarus, MGS SE, RE Mercs) priced match for BUY2GET1 from target so saved a total of $75, niceee.[/QUOTE]

I thought BBY didn't match b2g1 sales.

[quote name='VincenteX']MW3 is back up to $54.99 pre-owned as of today, yes?[/QUOTE]:shock: NOOOOOO

I'm really glad I went and got two copies (one for each system) yesterday and traded in to BBY (I had a bad feeling about waiting another day), but I had planned to get a third copy when my B2G1 coupon finally showed up for one final trade-in (and if the BBY wouldn't accept it due to the new 1-title-per-platform-per-year rule, trading right back to GS for $33.60 was the backup plan). The (awesome) GS assistant manager I spoke with said I could come back in with the receipt for the free game. :wall:

*sigh* Why doesn't the B2G1 coupon show up within 24 hours like GS employees tell you when you sign up for PUR Pro or renew? And I thought GS's sales lasted until Thursday? :cry:

EDIT: Ah, what the fuck, I just checked my PUR account and the B2G1 coupon is now among my Active Offers. :bomb:

EDIT 2: I noticed in the GS Spring Sale thread that MW3 is on sale again for $39.99 new, so is it possible that the used price will be $37.99 again or lower? Argh, but by then the 50% extra credit promo at BBY will be over, so I'll have no choice but to trade it back in to GS...assuming its TIV holds.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Byakurai']I thought BBY didn't match b2g1 sales.[/QUOTE]

normally they don't because an ad they are matching must state a price but the gaming adviser said he could match it after looking it up on targets website, then got approval from his boss. No questions asked, did it in about 2 mins. Be polite, and talk with the guy/girl in the gaming department and normally they'll help you out unless they are a tight ass. I filled out a survery for the guy because he was very helpful.

heck it's been that price or lower new on Amazon

[quote name='Vigilante']:shock: NOOOOOO

I'm really glad I went and got two copies (one for each system) yesterday and traded in to BBY (I had a bad feeling about waiting another day), but I had planned to get a third copy when my B2G1 coupon finally showed up for one final trade-in (and if the BBY wouldn't accept it due to the new 1-title-per-platform-per-year rule, trading right back to GS for $33.60 was the backup plan). The (awesome) GS assistant manager I spoke with said I could come back in with the receipt for the free game. :wall:

*sigh* Why doesn't the B2G1 coupon show up within 24 hours like GS employees tell you when you sign up for PUR Pro or renew? And I thought GS's sales lasted until Thursday? :cry:

EDIT: Ah, what the fuck, I just checked my PUR account and the B2G1 coupon is now among my Active Offers. :bomb:

EDIT 2: I noticed in the GS Spring Sale thread that MW3 is on sale again for $39.99 new, so is it possible that the used price will be $37.99 again or lower? Argh, but by then the 50% extra credit promo at BBY will be over, so I'll have no choice but to trade it back in to GS...assuming its TIV holds.[/QUOTE]

GS weekly sales always end on Monday. New weekly sales start on Tuesday. Although promtions like the Spring Sale sometimes start on the standard Sunday cycle that most other retailers use. I actually don't mind the GS Tues-Mon cycle because it overlaps with two potential sales/promo weeks of places like BB.

Also, yeah, the used price of MW3 should drop back down to $37.99 once the spring sale promotion starts on Sunday, so you should at least have that day to try to flip back to GS with the extra 50% bonus (like you said though, that's assuming the TIV holds)...

[quote name='esalw822']GS weekly sales always end on Monday. New weekly sales start on Tuesday. Although promtions like the Spring Sale sometimes start on the standard Sunday cycle that most other retailers use. I actually don't mind the GS Tues-Mon cycle because it overlaps with two potential sales/promo weeks of places like BB.

Also, yeah, the used price of MW3 should drop back down to $37.99 once the spring sale promotion starts on Sunday, so you should at least have that day to try to flip back to GS with the extra 50% bonus (like you said though, that's assuming the TIV holds)...[/QUOTE]
I think you mean Wed through Tue for the sales/weekly ad.

Does anybody know if coupons are linked to your PUR account? Like if I print out the coupon on my account, can I use it on my brother's PUR card?

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Does anybody know if coupons are linked to your PUR account? Like if I print out the coupon on my account, can I use it on my brother's PUR card?[/QUOTE]

I would think you could but,I'm not 100% on it

[quote name='esalw822']GS weekly sales always end on Monday. New weekly sales start on Tuesday. Although promtions like the Spring Sale sometimes start on the standard Sunday cycle that most other retailers use. I actually don't mind the GS Tues-Mon cycle because it overlaps with two potential sales/promo weeks of places like BB.

Also, yeah, the used price of MW3 should drop back down to $37.99 once the spring sale promotion starts on Sunday, so you should at least have that day to try to flip back to GS with the extra 50% bonus (like you said though, that's assuming the TIV holds)...[/QUOTE]Thanks for the clarification--at least this info will be good to have in the future. ;)

I have a decision I have to make now, though, and I'd appreciate any advice for what I should do:

a) Wait until Sunday when MW3 used will hopefully be $37.99 again, get that as my free game, and trade it back in for $33.60.

b) Say "screw it" and get some other game to keep as my free game--namely, the used copy of Tales of the Abyss :)3ds:) in apparently excellent condition (based on what the employee on the phone told me) that another GS is holding for me until tomorrow night.

If I go with option (a), I'll just pick up the used TotA for about $27 using the 20% off used games coupon and my PUR discount, though I run the risk of someone grabbing it before Sunday unless I go earlier, but I'd prefer to use the credit from trading in MW3 to pay for it. Also, there's obviously the risk that the TIV for MW3 will lower by Sunday, in which case I'll have waited for nothing.

If I go with (b), I can pick up TotA tomorrow, but I'll have potentially missed out on maybe $6-$7 extra credit.

...Wow, after typing that, I should probably go with (b), huh? Guaranteed like-new TotA tomorrow vs. possible $6-$7 profit and possible TotA Sunday? :whistle2:#

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Does anybody know if coupons are linked to your PUR account? Like if I print out the coupon on my account, can I use it on my brother's PUR card?[/QUOTE]

They aren't linked. You could do that.

[quote name='KtMack23']They aren't linked. You could do that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! Now gotta decide if I can find anything to use it for.

I went to one of the GameStops near me and asked if this coupon would combine with the sale price on used MW3. The manager said it was a good question and that it would not combine with the current sale. I'm glad I asked before I spent any of my points on the coupon.

[quote name='VincenteX']I went to one of the GameStops near me and asked if this coupon would combine with the sale price on used MW3. The manager said it was a good question and that it would not combine with the current sale. I'm glad I asked before I spent any of my points on the coupon.[/QUOTE]

I asked mine, they told me it should since you aren't really stacking anything.

Ya, that's what it seems like it should have been. Without a confirmation from someone who tried using it today, I didn't feel like the handful of dollars was worth spending 3.5k points on. It's a moot point now since the coupon was only supposed to be available through 4/1.

Hey guys, I'm not about to redeem this offer but i have 4k points? Anybody know what's wrong?

[quote name='VincenteX']I went to one of the GameStops near me and asked if this coupon would combine with the sale price on used MW3. The manager said it was a good question and that it would not combine with the current sale. I'm glad I asked before I spent any of my points on the coupon.[/QUOTE]

when mw3 was on sale earlier I used it no problem with the coupon on 2 different copies/coupons.

Total was 27.35 with 10% pur pro (before tax but I ended up buying all my copies with store credit which makes it tax free in my state)

Yes, it absolutely does stack with the current sale. I didn't even ask, used one yesterday to pickup a used copy of The Darkness II. Came out to about $32 after coupon + PUR discount.

They wouldn't let me do it. I also had a 10 dollar off ANY purchase coupon that I redeemed for 10K and they wouldn't let me use it on Assassins creed since it was already on sale. Pretty lame.

[quote name='Irukandji']They wouldn't let me do it. I also had a 10 dollar off ANY purchase coupon that I redeemed for 10K and they wouldn't let me use it on Assassins creed since it was already on sale. Pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I couldn't do it on MK Komplete yesterday. Noticed on the receipt it said "promo" instead of just having a discount price. Pretty lame gamestop. Pretty damn lame.

[quote name='Irukandji']They wouldn't let me do it. I also had a 10 dollar off ANY purchase coupon that I redeemed for 10K and they wouldn't let me use it on Assassins creed since it was already on sale. Pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

If you're considering any preowned games, the steal of the week is $15 off preowned for 10,000 points. You can call the number on the back of your card and request the points back since you couldn't use the coupon.

Honest question about these GS points- how the hell is it supposed to he a good deal in any way? I was at a GS recently and the clerk tried to sell me on the PUR system. He told me every dollar you spend gets you 10 points. So you all had to spend $350 at GS to qualify to buy this coupon? How is that a deal?

I haven't spent $350 at GS in my entire life. Where do you guys get all your points from?

[quote name='Ruahrc']Honest question about these GS points- how the hell is it supposed to he a good deal in any way? I was at a GS recently and the clerk tried to sell me on the PUR system. He told me every dollar you spend gets you 10 points. So you all had to spend $350 at GS to qualify to buy this coupon? How is that a deal?

I haven't spent $350 at GS in my entire life. Where do you guys get all your points from?[/QUOTE]

They offer bonuses quite often for having certain games paid off before they come out, more so though they give some nice bonuses when you trade in games, which is where I get the majority of my points from when I don't trade to Amazon. I don't have a BB really close to me so that isn't an option for me. :cry:

[quote name='Ruahrc']Honest question about these GS points- how the hell is it supposed to he a good deal in any way? I was at a GS recently and the clerk tried to sell me on the PUR system. He told me every dollar you spend gets you 10 points. So you all had to spend $350 at GS to qualify to buy this coupon? How is that a deal?

I haven't spent $350 at GS in my entire life. Where do you guys get all your points from?[/QUOTE]

It's 10 points per dollar spend on NEW purchases. Anything pre-owned gives you 20 points per dollar spent, and it's 20 points per dollar earned on trade-ins. So if you trade in $50 worth of stuff and walk out with $50 worth of used games, you'll have earned 2000 points and, theoretically, not spent a dime. All of this is covered just by looking at the FAQ on the site.

I used to maintain a PUR thread, but got too busy with my new job and it seemed like no one used it anyway, but it can be resurrected here if necessary:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298081&highlight=poweruprewards

wondering if spending the 10k points on this $15 off coupon is worth it, not sure of any game I really want to buy used cept souls of ziloll and thats not in a store near me for 18 miles.

This week is 30% extra for trading in ipod, iphone, or ipad for 3750 points. good for those that used the buy 2 get 1 free on ipods and a game i guess.

bread's done
Back