GS steal of the week, 50$ extra credit on a 360/ps3 trade in, 3800 points.

Reraise

CAGiversary!
i know a few people missed this last time (me included).

Great time to take advantage of this right now. If you can find any uncharted bundles left, with the current 50$ off plus a free mk komplete/ b:ac deal going on, plus 30% bonus on ps3/360 trades this week (which im told will stack). Should be able to get a system with a few free games for almost nothing after trading.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Which is very possible, like I said my receipt doesn't have ANY of the breakdown it usually does when I trade stuff in.[/QUOTE]

I think they upped the base of it. My friend traded in his core fatty 360 with no hdd and a wireless controller. He got 75 base, then 50 from the coupon. I don't think the bonus 30% was applied though since he still owed about 80 bucks after tax. I'll have to ask if I can see his receipt next time I see him.

[quote name='Gosha']I think they upped the base of it. My friend traded in his core fatty 360 with no hdd and a wireless controller. He got 75 base, then 50 from the coupon. I don't think the bonus 30% was applied though since he still owed about 80 bucks after tax. I'll have to ask if I can see his receipt next time I see him.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Which is very possible, like I said my receipt doesn't have ANY of the breakdown it usually does when I trade stuff in.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I appreciate all the information. I have a crapload of stuff to do tomorrow, but I'm going to try to go to GS and trade in my ps3 even without the extra 30%. It's not as good of a deal as last time but oh well.

[quote name='orion1998_1']what 30 percent? did anyone get 30per and $50 stacking?[/QUOTE]

Does not stack

$125 for a core 360 is a really good deal if you have an old ass non HDMI unit. I traded mine in for $110 right after the CECH-3000 PS3's came out and thought that was the best deal I'd ever get for one.

He also got the free copy of Arkham City, could have picked Mortal Kombat if he wanted. So, 125 and a game is a pretty great deal for a fatty core unit.

[quote name='shytface']$125 for a core 360 is a really good deal if you have an old ass non HDMI unit. I traded mine in for $110 right after the CECH-3000 PS3's came out and thought that was the best deal I'd ever get for one.[/QUOTE]
base for an old core is 75?

So my launch 360 that's been "fixed" by Microsoft (and again by someone on Craigslist) + a wireless controller would net me $66? Is that correct?

I just called and got a phone quote of $150 for a 250GB Slim 360. The refurb fee on that system is also $55 in case anyone is wondering. So I am pretty sure I am taking mine there later today for $145 with the coupon. The DVD drive won't open on mine and I can't imagine I'd get more than $145 anywhere else.

This does not stack like the OP said it would. I just traded in my ps3 and only the $50 coupon applied. They also took off a $35 refurb fee because the system wont read discs. I guess that's pretty reasonable. I traded in batman, uncharted, and and then bought the uncharted bundle. It worked out like this:

$85 - $35 = $50 base for ps3
+$50 coupon
+$27.20 for Batman arkham city
+$20.80 for Uncharted 3
=$148

Then I bought the $250 Uncharted 3 bundle with Batman arkham city, so I guess I got a console upgrade for $102. I traded in some other stuff to get the final price down to $36.20.

Is $102 is reasonable to upgrade from a bad 5 year old 80gb fat ps3 to a new 320gb slim ps3? My alternative was to ship my console to sony to repair for $150.

[quote name='noone13']I just called and got a phone quote of $150 for a 250GB Slim 360. The refurb fee on that system is also $55 in case anyone is wondering. So I am pretty sure I am taking mine there later today for $145 with the coupon. The DVD drive won't open on mine and I can't imagine I'd get more than $145 anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Do u mean if I bring in a working 250gb slim Xbox, I can get 200 bucks ?

[quote name='foreinter']Do u mean if I bring in a working 250gb slim Xbox, I can get 200 bucks ?[/QUOTE]

I guess not because the guy I called is a moron. The trade in value is $130 for a 250GB not $150. So you can get $180 for a 250GB which isn't bad.

I'd probably be on this if I had 1200 more points. I'm desperately trying to get rid of my MW3 320Gb 360 so I can take advantage of this GS $200 PS3+Free game deal.

[quote name='darkskill']I'd probably be on this if I had 1200 more points. I'm desperately trying to get rid of my MW3 320Gb 360 so I can take advantage of this GS $200 PS3+Free game deal.[/QUOTE]
sale is over now

:drool:i just traded in a ps3 60 gb ps2 compatable system and was charged 35 for a refurb fee and 85 as a base trade PLUS the $50 PUR coupon i ended up with a flatt $100 in trade credit . the 30% did not stack

I'm thinking about finally get rid of a defective Xbox 360 I've had sitting in a closet for a long time. Unfortunately I do not have a battery cover for the controller. It has a dead rechargeable battery in it. I'm guessing I won't be able to trade until I find a battery cover? Any chance GameStop sells these?

[quote name='aem']I'm thinking about finally get rid of a defective Xbox 360 I've had sitting in a closet for a long time. Unfortunately I do not have a battery cover for the controller. It has a dead rechargeable battery in it. I'm guessing I won't be able to trade until I find a battery cover? Any chance GameStop sells these?[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue. The ones near me to dont sell them, dunno if that's in all stores. The only oprions i could find were - buy one on ebay for a couple bucks, throw in a play n charge wire (which they do sell ), or if you happen to be buying a new one too.. pop it open and give them the one from that. The last is the one i went with :headache:

[quote name='bige562']Does anybody know what the black elite trades in for? Does the hard drive make a difference?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same. I'm trying to get rid of a Rockford Fosgate sound system in my car, and some kid offered me a 360 Elite w/ 120gb HDD, all cords, wireless controller, a bunch of recentish games, a yr Live card unused, and some Dr Dre Beats Pro for it. Needless to say...I can make some decent money on all these when sold seperately...but not a chance in hell im gonna sell that 360 to GS if i only get $45.

Its at least worth $100 for the console and everything included..m i rite?

[quote name='xJoeGrizzly']Anyone know how long reward points take to post to an account?[/QUOTE]

Points usually get posted the next day after purchase/trade-in.
At least for me.

[quote name='iduncurr']Points usually get posted the next day after purchase/trade-in.
At least for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks .. I bought mag for 12 bucks this morning to get my last 200 pts I needed.

bread's done
Back