GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JP']Sorry about the lack of update yesterday. Customer fileserver went down at about 5:30, didn't get done with it until around 2AM. I'll update late this evening.[/QUOTE]
OMG DO IT RIGHT NOW.

Seriously, I was just thinking how awesome it is that you keep it maintained. Thanks dude.

[quote name='chris116']Trades as of Today, 12-16-10. Base value at Gamestop.

Assasin's Creed - PS3 - $2.50
Assasin's Creed 2 - PS3 - $5.00
CJ[/QUOTE]

These kind of popped out - Amazon's offering $9.50 and $12 for AC and AC2, respectively. Even after all of the bonuses at GS, it seems like Amazon is the better deal. On PS2 games, Amazon is only a little better (and sometimes a little worse) depending on how rare the game is, but the extra like $6-7 for both ACs might have tipped me to send all the games to them anyway.

Did some trade-ins this morning. Annoying that the 50% bonus trade-in value didn't kick in and I had to get it re-rung up to get my correct bonus back.

Lastest TiV:
:360: Tropico 3 $5
:gc: Teen Titans $1.50
:gc: Starfox Adventures $1.25
:gc: Donkey Konga 2 $1.25
:360: Rock Band Metal Track Pack $2
:360: Karoake Revolution American Idol $2.50
:360: Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2 $1.50
:360: AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack $1

Is the 50% offer still active?
Because I see only mention on their site of the 10% and so on as the offer being currently active; but the OP says till December 19.

[quote name='feroca']Is the 50% offer still active?
Because I see only mention on their site of the 10% and so on as the offer being currently active; but the OP says till December 19.[/QUOTE]

I got the 50% bonus without any trouble today, but it was at a new store and they still had the B2G1 sale, so it might not be valid at all GSs.

From today:
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles = $7.00 (down $1.00 from 12/15)
:ds: Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 = $8.00 (no change)

[quote name='nietzsche74']Traded (all PS3)

The Darkness: $1
[/QUOTE]

I bought the darkness (360 version) at gamestop for $2.99. :)

12/17

XBOX 360
Assassin Creed:Brotherhood- $22 *$1 drop*
Tomb Raider:Anniversary- $2.50

[quote name='pun123']after 60%

PS3
GT5-38.40
ACBH-36.80
AVP-9.60

POPFS-8.00
HaloReach-27.20

Total-120.00

picked up Nier PS3 for 14.99[/QUOTE]

I really didn't want to be this guy, but what the hell! No one should have to do your damn math. I guess I'm not surprised because if you can't read the OP, you probably can't add.

[quote name='tbassett']was offered:
3d Dot Game Heroes (PS3) - $5
Crackdown 2 (360) - $5

said no thanks on both.[/QUOTE]

$5 credit for 3D dot game heroes is a travesty

:/

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I really didn't want to be this guy, but what the hell! No one should have to do your damn math. I guess I'm not surprised because if you can't read the OP, you probably can't add.[/QUOTE]

Lets all try to get along, OK. I would rather have updates then no updates or someones bad math. I will translate as seen below. It will be easy to convert since he told us he got 60% bonus so just divide the reported amounts by 1.6

Base Values

PS3
iconps3.gif

Gran Turismo 5- $24.00
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood-$23.00 (I question this one though since someone said it fell to $22 lately)
Alien Vs. Predator - $6.00

iconxbox360.gif

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands- $5.00
Halo Reach- $17.00

P.S. I understand why your so angry shifty (being a Lions Fan). That's even worse than being a Vikings fan (me).

[quote name='z24buddy']
P.S. I understand why your so angry shifty (being a Lions Fan). That's even worse than being a Vikings fan (me).[/QUOTE]

Haha. I would have to agree with you. Living in Minnesota, it's sad to see the Vikings' fans around here.

I have quite a few games i have been looking to trade in. The thing is, i have been trying to wait for the trade 3/extra $10, trade 6/extra $20 promo that i've seen before. Anyone think this promo might return anytime soon? or should i go ahead and get the 50% trade in bonus?

[quote name='Xdt-Inferno']I have quite a few games i have been looking to trade in. The thing is, i have been trying to wait for the trade 3/extra $10, trade 6/extra $20 promo that i've seen before. Anyone think this promo might return anytime soon? or should i go ahead and get the 50% trade in bonus?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trade anything in right now with the values as they are. I am betting most will go up after this promo ends since nearly every value went down a few dollars for all the games.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I really didn't want to be this guy, but what the hell! No one should have to do your damn math. I guess I'm not surprised because if you can't read the OP, you probably can't add.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about I copied it exactly off of the receipt. Didn't have to do the math. Its on paper.

Base TIVs from today (Dec. 18th):

:360: Prince of Persia - 1.50
:360: Cars - 3.00
:360: Spider-Man: Friend or Foe - 3.00
:360: Viva Pinata: Party Animals - 1.50
:360: Bully: Scholarship Edition - 5.00
:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla - 2.00

Those are some pretty pathetic TIVs, even from Gamestop, but with the extra 60% from the current promo and Edge, I still made out ok.

[quote name='pun123']What the hell are you talking about I copied it exactly off of the receipt. Didn't have to do the math. Its on paper.[/QUOTE]

He's just saying that normally, we post the base TiV's, i.e. before the promo. Makes it easier for jp to enter it into the site's system.

[quote name='Runch']Base TIVs from today (Dec. 18th):

:360: Prince of Persia - 1.50
:360: Cars - 3.00
:360: Spider-Man: Friend or Foe - 3.00
:360: Viva Pinata: Party Animals - 1.50
:360: Bully: Scholarship Edition - 5.00
:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla - 2.00

Those are some pretty pathetic TIVs, even from Gamestop, but with the extra 60% from the current promo and Edge, I still made out ok.[/QUOTE]
So you basically got $25 for 6 games, after 60% and such. That's like $4 per... =/

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']So you basically got $25 for 6 games, after 60% and such. That's like $4 per... =/[/QUOTE]

I would have given him 10 dollars for Red Faction.

12/18
iconwii.gif

Sin & Punishment $9
Mario All-Stars $15
Shaun White Skateboarding $11

iconxbox360.gif

Lost Planet 2 $6
Battlefield Bad Company 2 $4
Dead to Rights $8
Resident Evil 5 $2
UFC 2010 $4
Shaun White Skateboarding $16
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $22

iconps3.gif

Dantes Inferno $7
God of War 3 $4
Nier $3
Singularity $9

I got lucky! My GS had the TIV for black ops listed as 30 (on the wall). A cool manager was working and told me that it was their mistake and they would honor it! (I didn't even complain! They just honored it on their own). With the 60%, I got 48 in credit.

[quote name='SEAL62505']I got lucky! My GS had the TIV for black ops listed as 30 (on the wall). A cool manager was working and told me that it was their mistake and they would honor it! (I didn't even complain! They just honored it on their own). With the 60%, I got 48 in credit.[/QUOTE]

One in a million :applause:

[quote name='phoenix529']He's just saying that normally, we post the base TiV's, i.e. before the promo. Makes it easier for jp to enter it into the site's system.[/QUOTE]

the receipt used to tell you the base value, now it doesn't. so I think we all could give a little slack when it's clear someone's only trying to be helpful.

[quote name='flameo2000']anyone know how much a 20 gig 360 goes for nowadays?[/QUOTE]

The hard-drive alone goes for about 10 w/ Edge card. And system goes for around 45 to 50 something with a wireless control. I traded in 2 systems with the $25 dollar deal. One died on me and got 40ish for it, while the working one I got about 70 for. I traded in my spare hard-drive a bit later on that week. It is't needed when trading the system in though.

Base trade-in values for 12/19:

:360: 360:
Guitar Hero: Van Halen - 5.00
Lost Planet 2 - 6.00
Transformers: Revenge of Fallen - 5.00

:wii: Wii:
Mario Party 8 - 13.00
Mario Strikers Charged - 8.00
Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics - 9.00
Mario Super Sluggers - 14.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - 7.00
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 11.00
TMNT: Smash Up - 6.00

:ps3: PS3:
Army of Two 40th Day - 7.00
Valkyria Chronicles - 6.00
White Knight Chronicles - 7.00

:ds: DS:
Lego Battles - 5.00
Marvel Super Hero Squad - 6.00
New Super Mario Bros. - 12.00

I'm having a total brain fart and google didn't really help me...

What do I need to bring in with a PSP for trade? Just the charger?

12/19/10

Xbox 360 20 GB HD - $10
Xbox 360 Component Cable - $4.50
Xbox 360 Headset Wired - $5.00
Xbox 360 System w/ wireless controller - $ 40

New Super Mario Bros Wii - $20

12/19 TIV

:ps2: PS2:

Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies - $.60
Medal of Honor: Frontline - $.60
Midnight Club - $1.00
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - $2.00
NBA Street - $.65
NBA Street Vol 2 - $.65
Need for Speed Underground - $.90

12/19
Shaun White Skateboarding (360) - $16

/e: Some of you guys are fucking stupid for accepting some of these values for your games. Sorry, it had to be said.

[quote name='Scorch']12/19
Shaun White Skateboarding (360) - $16

/e: Some of you guys are fucking stupid for accepting some of these values for your games. Sorry, it had to be said.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping this value holds steady until Tuesday when I receive my Best Buy shipment! :)

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I'm hoping this value holds steady until Tuesday when I receive my Best Buy shipment! :)[/QUOTE]
How much/how did you get it from BB for low enough to where $16 trade in would result in profit?

[quote name='Halo05']I'm having a total brain fart and google didn't really help me...

What do I need to bring in with a PSP for trade? Just the charger?[/QUOTE]

You need the charger (and battery). That's all they require.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back