GS TIV/Promos: Old thread, check first/last post for link to new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368135

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trader Offer 3/10%, 5/20%, 7+/30% (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, trade any 5 for an extra 20% or 7 or more for an extra 30%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/07/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% -LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, or Portal 2 (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat or Portal 2.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of LA Noire, Mortal Kombat, Portal 2. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

3DS Trade Up Offer (Ends 4/30/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a new Nintendo 3DS for only $149.99 when trading your DSi XL. Trade in your DSi and get it for $174.99 or trade in your DS lite and get it for $199.99.

DSiWare downloadable content and point balances are not currently transferable to Nintendo 3DS. Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Nintendo 3DS. Net retail is after trade. 3DS' regular retail price is $249.99. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer expires 04/30/11.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Any games traded toward a new 3DS game (Ends 4/17/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward any new 3DS game.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of any new 3DS game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 03/28/10 - 04/17/11.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values. Sixth post had hardware/accessory values for all systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='z24buddy']Those are not base values... geez!

Red dead redemption-$10.00
Tekken 6-$5.00
Simpsons the game-$5.00
Cod MW2-$4.00
Killzone 2-$4.00
Star Wars TFU-$6.00
Bioshock 2-$5.00
Guitar Hero Aerosmith-$0.25
[/QUOTE]
ya I know. i think i even mentioned it too.
i wasn't aware of the whole base thing though so thanks.

I bought Two Worlds 2 and I'm already starting to regret it so no one be surprised if i post that one soon.

Base TIVs for 1/25

:gba: Spider-Man: Battle for NY - $2.00
:gba: Ultimate Spider-Man - $2.00
:gc: Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - $1.50
:gc: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - $1.25
:gc: Bomberman Jetters - $1.00

:gc: Gamecube 3rd Party Controller - $4.00
:gc: Gamecube System - $10.00

Tried out the 50% promo boost by purchasing P.N. 03 for $2.99; it worked but didn't apply to the system or accessories. I'll be better prepared in Round 2 ;)

$2 for a couple old spiderman gba games is nice.

Less than $2 for first party nintendo titles... not so much :x

Made out with $24 overall... hmm

[quote name='fulgore25']ya I know. i think i even mentioned it too.
i wasn't aware of the whole base thing though so thanks.

I bought Two Worlds 2 and I'm already starting to regret it so no one be surprised if i post that one soon.[/QUOTE]

Are you regreting it cause $60 is to much for it or because it flat out sucks? And if so is it as bad as the first?

"Full trade value amount must be applied toward purchase of pre-owned merchandise."

shouldn't this mean that if we trade in a bunch of $20 games towards a .99 cent game, it shouldn't work? I'm about to go do another trade in of a bunch of games worth $20+ and have a feeling they wont let me get $35+ on these just for buying a .99 cent game lol, we'll see though

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']"Full trade value amount must be applied toward purchase of pre-owned merchandise."

shouldn't this mean that if we trade in a bunch of $20 games towards a .99 cent game, it shouldn't work? I'm about to go do another trade in of a bunch of games worth $20+ and have a feeling they wont let me get $35+ on these just for buying a .99 cent game lol, we'll see though[/QUOTE]

I traded about 7 games yesterday and bought Big Bumping, and put the remaining $60 on the card.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']"Full trade value amount must be applied toward purchase of pre-owned merchandise."

shouldn't this mean that if we trade in a bunch of $20 games towards a .99 cent game, it shouldn't work? I'm about to go do another trade in of a bunch of games worth $20+ and have a feeling they wont let me get $35+ on these just for buying a .99 cent game lol, we'll see though[/QUOTE]

Regardless of what the fine-print says it comes up automatically as 50% more. In fact most of the employees I've dealt with never even heard of this promotion until I brought it up to them and it automatically applied in the system. I wonder how they work there and have had no idea about this promotion that has been going on for quite awhile now.

just traded in 2 game toward dead space 2. looks like black ops value went down slightly
:ps3: COD: Black Ops $22
:ps3: Madden 11 $18

i'm glad they were running the 25% promo cause i ended up getting $54 for both after credits.

[quote name='topdogg069']just traded in 2 game toward dead space 2. looks like black ops value went down slightly
:ps3: COD: Black Ops $22
:ps3: Madden 11 $18

i'm glad they were running the 25% promo cause i ended up getting $54 for both after credits.[/QUOTE]

Next time get a used game and get the whole 50%+10% though. As most have said any used game works and you can use the rest for any new game.

Took advantage of the 50% used game trade in to unload a couple older games.

Purchased NBA 2k8 for 3 bucks (=P) and got the remaining 81 on my PUR card.

Yeah I went over to the PS2 games and bought a 99 cent sports game.

1/25

:360:

Assassins Creed:Brotherhood - 20$
UFC 2010 - 5$

Traded Enslaved (360) Base $11, plus 50% for used game purchase = $16.50.
That plus 42 cents more got me Dragon Age Origins (360).

[quote name='Rozz']Some - actually, by the looks at the shelves of Gamestop stores, LOTS - of people throw out their cases and store all of their discs in cd binders. Others just have their discs lying around without cases. A lot of people just care about the content and not what the product looks like.[/QUOTE]

actually i went into gamestop about a week ago and the manager was throwing mint ps2 cases with cover art and manuals out but then asked me if i wanted them for free(of course i took). He just put the games in sleeves. Seemed like all of the games were $3-5 games but still kinda weird to throw good cases out.

[quote name='oldboy26']actually i went into gamestop about a week ago and the manager was throwing mint ps2 cases with cover art and manuals out but then asked me if i wanted them for free(of course i took). He just put the games in sleeves. Seemed like all of the games were $3-5 games but still kinda weird to throw good cases out.[/QUOTE]

All of the Gamestop's in my region throw out the cases for the PS2 games that are $4.99 and under. They put them in sleeves near the register. They do not throw away the games for the newer consoles though, and there are plenty of disc only 360/Wii/PS3 games at my local stores. I see people trade them in that way (and they're usually in worse condition because if they're missing the cases then the person probably hasn't been storing the game too well.)

Was going to trade in Tiger Woods Pro Tour 09 (360) to use the bonus 50% tradein value but found out that the TIV dropped from $4 as listed here from 9/25/10 down to $1.50 now.

[quote name='Rozz']I was quoted $18 on Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) today.[/QUOTE]

I just called and was given the same price for 360.

[quote name='Rozz']I was quoted $18 on Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) today.[/QUOTE]

Just traded it in confirmed $18 :360:... fuck, missed $25 by a day...

[quote name='raiser']Just traded it in confirmed $18 :360:... fuck, missed $25 by a day... [/QUOTE]

That's due to the "tax season savings" promo they have. Black Ops brand new is at $50 while it's $45 pre-owned. Once that deal is over the TIV should go back up but then this 50% promo ends Sunday of course.

Base TIV
LittleBigPlanet PSP - $6.00
Skate 2- $4.00

LittleBigPlanet did not have a case, so I don't know if that changed anything.

Traded in some random PS2 games from a craigslist lot earlier (all base values, entered in DB):
MLB 07 The Show - $0.50
Motocross Mania 3 - $0.25
Fantastic Four - $0.75
World Championship Poker 2 - $0.50
Madden 2004 - $0.15
NFL QB Club 2002 - $0.20
Get On Da Mic - $0.25
ESPN NFL 2K5 - $0.20
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - $1.50

I ended up with about $7 after the promo + PUR which helped make the craigslist lot an even better deal.

[quote name='sabanoo']Traded in some random PS2 games from a craigslist lot earlier (all base values, entered in DB):
MLB 07 The Show - $0.50
Motocross Mania 3 - $0.25
Fantastic Four - $0.75
World Championship Poker 2 - $0.50
Madden 2004 - $0.15
NFL QB Club 2002 - $0.20
Get On Da Mic - $0.25
ESPN NFL 2K5 - $0.20
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - $1.50

I ended up with about $7 after the promo + PUR which helped make the craigslist lot an even better deal.[/QUOTE]All hail CAG!

Base TIVs from the fatherland for 1/29

:gc: Metroid Prime - 0.50
:gc: Metroid Prime 2 - $2.00
:gc: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - $1.50
:gc: Resident Evil 4 - $2.50
:gc: Sonic Mega Collection - $1
:gc: Super Monkey Ball 2 - 0.75
:gc: Viewtiful Joe 2 - 0.25

:gc: Official Gamecube Controller - $5.75

:ps2: Dark Cloud - $1.00
:ps2: Dot.Hack: Part 1 Infection - $2.25
:ps2: Final Fantasy X-2 - $2.00
:ps2: Katamari Damacy - $3.00
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts 2 - $5.00
:ps2: Red Faction 2 - $1.00

[quote name='shiftymcneely']TIV from today.

Ass Creed Bro Hood - $20
Burnout Revenge - $5

PS2

007: Agent Under Fire - $.50[/QUOTE]

Ass Creed Bro Hood - $20

[quote name='bgame2']1/29/11

Madden 04 - .15

Can't remember how to make the system icons. Someone remind me please.[/QUOTE]

Use colons around the system name. : ps2 :

without the spaces
:ps2:

[quote name='bgame2']1/29/11

Madden 04 - .15

Can't remember how to make the system icons. Someone remind me please.[/QUOTE]

lol we both traded in madden 04 within 1 day...

^ I traded in an Xbox that couldn't read discs but didn't mention anything. Some might check to see if it does read disks, but more than often they won't check.

Edit: If they do happen to check, they take off some money as a refurbishing fee. Not sure how much it is though.

[quote name='Luxuria']^ I traded in an Xbox that couldn't read discs but didn't mention anything. Some might check to see if it does read disks, but more than often they won't check.[/QUOTE]You have that backwords, they usually check to see if they're working, if you got someone who didnt check, you really lucked out with that one.

I guess I lucked out then! 3 times, mind you. o_o They just checked to see if it turned on for me and would leave it on for a bit and if nothing went wrong, they gave me the money.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You have that backwords, they usually check to see if they're working, if you got someone who didnt check, you really lucked out with that one.[/QUOTE]

I traded in my Gamecube at Gamestop and they tested it for a good ten minutes (with a game) to make sure everything worked properly. I would be surprised if they didn't do it for a newer console that trades in for much more.

[quote name='Ez Mac Wins']360

Fallout: New Vegas - $13

: ([/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. TIV as of today.

iconxbox360.gif
Dead Rising 2 - $11

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back