GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XymerFF']Here are some new trade in values for today:
iconxbox360.gif

Fable II 3.00
Dragon Quest Swords 2.50

Wow, that's horrible. I'd happily give $5.50 for those two games.

[quote name='ultramanJ'][quote name='XymerFF']Here are some new trade in values for today:
iconxbox360.gif

Fable II 3.00
Dragon Quest Swords 2.50

Wow, that's horrible. I'd happily give $5.50 for those two games.[/QUOTE]

Well he technically got 14.05 for them after EDGE and the promo..quite a bit different from 5.50 isnt it? LOL

Regardless of how you feel about the price of trade-ins, this thread is to post values, discuss the promos, etc. If people start poking fun at others who post trade-ins then they might not post them in the future which will affect others who want to know the values of games.

[quote name='kataztrophik'][quote name='ultramanJ']

Well he technically got 14.05 for them after EDGE and the promo..quite a bit different from 5.50 isnt it? LOL[/QUOTE]

Those are the only two games I wanted though. :p

[quote name='ultramanJ'][quote name='kataztrophik']

Those are the only two games I wanted though. :p[/QUOTE]

No. $14.05 for both of them. Together. We all understand each other now? Because this isn't what this thread is for.

[quote name='JP']Always good to see these kinds of messages. I enjoy doing all this, even if I do get grumpy sometimes. I figure I'll keep doing the list/database combo until a mod or Cheapy say otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the efforts you put in JP! It does make it very easy to browse through the list.

I got a hold of a slightly old copy of the Store Procedure Manual for Gamestop today, and thought I'd give an update on which stores charge tax and which don't.

The following states all charge tax on Trade-In Credit:
Connecticut
Mississippi
Nevada
Rhode Island
South Dakota

Idaho and New Mexico do not.

gamestop needs to do some MOVE related promotions like kmart/toysrus have done...atleast something other than trade-in offers only :)

[quote name='mrman1980']gamestop needs to do some MOVE related promotions like kmart/toysrus have done...atleast something other than trade-in offers only :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed

[quote name='deadbodyman11']I got a hold of a slightly old copy of the Store Procedure Manual for Gamestop today, and thought I'd give an update on which stores charge tax and which don't.

The following states all charge tax on Trade-In Credit:
Connecticut
Mississippi
Nevada
Rhode Island
South Dakota

Idaho and New Mexico do not.[/QUOTE]
Awesome, that completes the list.
[quote name='Dillon627']Any Ideas what the next offers will be?[/QUOTE]
No idea as of yet.

I was also sent this information from a GameStop employee. Not a hundred percent related to trades but figured I'd post it here.

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition is back in the Gamestop system as coming out Oct. 12, same day as Borderlands GotY Edition.

This is YMMV depending on the size of the store and the district manager but any PS2 games traded in that Gamestop's sell price for is $4.99 or less are having the box/manuals thrown away as soon as the game is filed and the games are being sold disc only, usually at the counter. [/QUOTE]

Also, updated lists and database.

[quote name='mrman1980']gamestop needs to do some MOVE related promotions like kmart/toysrus have done...atleast something other than trade-in offers only :)[/QUOTE]

No kidding - and this sort of points to a larger problem with GS. I have been getting plenty of credit from the varous trade-in promos. But I haven't found anything to spend that credit on, given that all the deals are elsewhere... Back in the spring when they had all those $10 coupons with various games I was spending a fair amount at GS.com. But that has come to a screeching halt (such that I still have several of those coupons left to spend too). I suppose I could use one on, say, a Move Navigation controller and essentially create my own deal. But I was kind of hoping eventually to use those coupons on games that were on sale (plus the navigation controller seems kind of useless right now). If only GS would create some nice coupon chains like Kmart...

Items are listed how they are on the receipt, base values

PS3

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare $7 (9/22/10)
Call of Duty: World at War $10 (9/22/10)
Fallout 3 $6 (9/22/10)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Pa $5 (9/22/10)
Rock Band: LEGO $5 (9/22/10)
Split Second $17 (9/22/10)

DS

Professor Layton Curious Villa $9 (9/22/10)
Professor Layton Diabolical $9 (9/22/10)
Super Mario Bros. New $17 (9/22/10)

Wii

Bomberman Land $5 (9/22/10)
Conduit, The $6 (9/22/10)
Kororinpa: Marble Mania $6 (9/22/10)
Kung Fu Panda Legendary Warri $6 (9/22/10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Prin $12 (9/22/10)
Mario Power Tennis $10 (9/22/10)
Metroid Prim 3: Corruption $6 (9/22/10)
Rapala Fishing Frenzy(gameonly $6 (9/22/10)
Skate It $6 (9/22/10)
Wii Sports $4 (9/22/10)

Used Split Second and the DS games towards a Move bundle, for the extra 25%. Probably gonna return the bundle.

Did 10 games on one receipt, but just noticed that I didn't get $40. Looks like I got a bonus $20 and a $10. Gonna go back and see what they can do to get my other $10. Surprised to see the dive the PF games took. Any comments about how I coulda got more on ebay or elsewhere, please keep it to yourself. Factor in disc condition, lack of manuals/cases, time/effort, and original price paid, b/c I did all of that before trading in these games. Appreciate all the help you provide in updating these lists JP.

PS3 NBA Live 09 is now $2 and so is Wii AC/DC Live Rockband Track Pack, I think, cuz I had it pulled b/c it wouldn't qualify. PS3 Fight Night Round 3 may be $1.50. These games are still over $2 though

PS3

SOCOM U.S. NAVY SEALS CONFRONTATION

Wii

Bust a move Bash!
Madden NFL 09

nvm

Well, I went in today to return a defective game and they switched my Edge card over to the new Powerup Rewards program! It is really too bad they didn't do this 2 weeks ago before I traded $200 worth of stuff, but oh well... At 20 points per dollar on trade-ins I would have gotten a nice chunk of points (though presumably it only counts base values and not the promos - I could be wrong about that though).

I was also switched over today to the Powerup as well.

It is too bad my birthday just passed. Does anyone know what the perk is if it is your birthday?

[quote name='poker360']Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Gamestop was giving this out at halo reach midnight launch.. Starts 9/27

scan102630000.jpg

Think you will need this coupon, which you should be able to get at your gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone seen this coupon in store yet? Or should I check around the 27th through the 1st?

Does anyone have any idea what the next promo will be?
I might trade in some stuff tomorrow, but if there will be a better deal, I'd rather wait.

[quote name='Dillon627']Does anyone have any idea what the next promo will be?
I might trade in some stuff tomorrow, but if there will be a better deal, I'd rather wait.[/QUOTE]

Probably "Trade 2, Save $40 on Fallout New Vegas/Fable III" will be one of them.

[quote name='HydroX']Probably "Trade 2, Save $40 on Fallout New Vegas/Fable III" will be one of them.[/QUOTE]

While in a store yesterday a manager I am not too familiar with stated the promo packet arrived yesterday, but he had not opened it yet...so if anyone is close to a staff member, the info for the next trade in promos may be on site...

I'm curious because we have half a dozen ds games to trade ...

Base values 9/24/10. I already added them to the CAG value database.

XBOX 360
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - $3.00
Oblivion - $4.00
Tetris Evolution - $8.00
The Beatles: Rock Band - $2.50
Burnout Paradise - $5.00
Soul Calibur IV - $5.00
Dead or Alive 4 - $3.00
Ghostbusters - $5.00
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $3.00

PS3
Demon's Souls - $9.00

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I was also switched over today to the Powerup as well.

It is too bad my birthday just passed. Does anyone know what the perk is if it is your birthday?[/QUOTE]

You earn double points the entire month of your birthday.

[quote name='kataztrophik']You earn double points the entire month of your birthday.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, my birthday was in August so I get minumum use from that having just been signed up in Sept. Of course, I just filled out my birthday info online so I could have changed it...

[quote name='stoned99']My store said powerup meeting was on Sunday, so he couldn't upgrade my card. Do they actually swap out your card, and what if you have credit on it ?

http://www.poweruprewards.com/[/QUOTE]

Yep, they switched out my card and swiped the old one to "pay" for the new one which supposedly transfered my credit over. I need to purchase something to make sure, though, as I had over $200 on my Edge card.

[quote name='io']Dammit, my birthday was in August so I get minumum use from that having just been signed up in Sept. Of course, I just filled out my birthday info online so I could have changed it...

Yep, they switched out my card and swiped the old one to "pay" for the new one which supposedly transfered my credit over. I need to purchase something to make sure, though, as I had over $200 on my Edge card.[/QUOTE]

Can you check your balance online? Also, I heard the Powerup Pro discount only works in store, and doesnt work online yet. Is this true?

[quote name='kataztrophik']Can you check your balance online? Also, I heard the Powerup Pro discount only works in store, and doesnt work online yet. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

At first I thought maybe not because I didn't see a PIN number but I think it is there (needs to be uncovered). I just tend to not want to scratch that off on my "main" Edge card because I use it in a lot of stores and don't want the number swiped... I do have a receipt showing a purchase on my old card and a refund on my new one, so I'll assume it is all OK. If not, I'll have the receipt as proof.

It would suck if the Powerup Pro discount didn't work online. I did just check my GS.com account, though, and my old Edge number is still in there. I'll have to test it out, but I assume that will still work till it expires (which is not till June for me). But then I also wouldn't get reward points for the online purchase. But that's OK - I make so very few used game purchases online since they almost always come as disc-only refurbs.

[quote name='io']
Yep, they switched out my card and swiped the old one to "pay" for the new one which supposedly transfered my credit over. I need to purchase something to make sure, though, as I had over $200 on my Edge card.[/QUOTE]

What they do is they use your entire balance to "pay" for the new one, then once you get the new card, you are refunded the entire amount... at least that's what happened with me and my $60 store credit.

I dumped a bunch of games at GameStop today:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 :ps3: - $15
DiRT 2 :ps3: - $10
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires :ps3: - $10
Muramasa: The Demon Blade :wii: - $7
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventire :ds: - $1.50
Tom Clancy's HAWX :ps3: - $7

Got $75.55 after bonuses.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Can you check your balance online? Also, I heard the Powerup Pro discount only works in store, and doesnt work online yet. Is this true?[/QUOTE]
I think they've not switched over the EDGE discount over to the Power Up on the online sales. They probably haven't switched over since it isn't chain wide yet and don't want to cause confusion for the online customer. That or they are lazy.

Base TIVs from today, September 24th:

:360: Dead Rising - 5.00
:360: Sid Meier's Civ Revolution - 8.00
:360: Toy Story 3 - 17.00
:360: UP - 6.00
:360: Viva Pinata: TiP - 6.00

Amazingly, $66.20 after promos and edge.

EDIT: Values now added to database.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']The next trade promo starting Monday and going three weeks is trade 3 get 20% more. The power trades are 25% more when trading towards Dead Rising 2, Fallout New Vegas and Kinect Products.[/QUOTE]

for me the edge discount still worked until my 'edge card' expired. but then it doesn't take off 10% anymore. my case was my edge was good til june but i went and got powerup in like feb. so then the 10% off worked fine online. i went back in may and reupped my card. then in june, when my old card would have expired, the 10% discount disappeared, because essentially my edge card expired and powerup pro they say dont get 10% off online until it is a national program. crazy complex but yeah. they said it won't work online til national program...

[quote name='Tony208']So these 750 powerup points I received equals out to about 75 cents. Not even a dollar, that is pathetic.[/QUOTE]

CAG: Because, Dammit, I'm Special.

I've had the power up card since June and just renewed it and it still takes off my 10% discount online. I'm not sure why mine would work and no one elses would.

[quote name='Tony208']So these 750 powerup points I received equals out to about 75 cents. Not even a dollar, that is pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Hell mofo yeah, considering that before with just EDGE you'll get $0.00. I AM MAD ARGGHHHHH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back