GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I checked the OP(s) and didn't find an answer, so does anyone know if accessories count towards the percent promos?[/QUOTE]

Check the spoiler for details on every deal. It is on games only.

Originally Posted by GameStop.com
Trade in 3 games and get an extra 20% trade-in credit.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Check the spoiler for details on every deal. It is on games only.

Originally Posted by GameStop.com
Trade in 3 games and get an extra 20% trade-in credit.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just making sure.

10/19
Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - $20 (I called so I'm 100% sure this is it, will find out tomorrow)

Also this is just scuttlebutt, but my buddy in Gamestop told me they added Ipods to the store's database including trade-in values on them. I haven't been able to find anything out anywhere online about this, but did get an email from Gamestop advertising their new iPhone game today. Was wondering if anybody else heard anything about this?

[quote name='darkside31337']

Also this is just scuttlebutt, but my buddy in Gamestop told me they added Ipods to the store's database including trade-in values on them. I haven't been able to find anything out anywhere online about this, but did get an email from Gamestop advertising their new iPhone game today. Was wondering if anybody else heard anything about this?[/QUOTE]

Because their foray into the DVD market went so well.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'd trade my iPod for New Vegas.

Asked the cashier while putting down some pre-orders.

:360: Halo Reach $30

Definitely heading back up there later today just in case it has a drop tomorrow. $30 for a game over a month old when there are so many other great games coming out sounds good to me. $40 after I put it towards Fable and Star Wars with the power trade and Power Up.

[quote name='darkside31337']10/19
Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - $20 (I called so I'm 100% sure this is it, will find out tomorrow)

Also this is just scuttlebutt, but my buddy in Gamestop told me they added Ipods to the store's database including trade-in values on them. I haven't been able to find anything out anywhere online about this, but did get an email from Gamestop advertising their new iPhone game today. Was wondering if anybody else heard anything about this?[/QUOTE]

Two of my local stores said they have them in their systems after their most recent computer updates. They said they had not heard anything about taking them for trades yet but that they are showing up in their computers now. I dunno....but expect it to be coming.

lol what's next, microwaves? Cars?

Gamestop really is trying to be the largest flea market chain.

This 20% shit needs to go away. I've been sending everything to amazon lately. 20% bonus is lame.

360:
Virtua Tennis 3 - .50
Risen - 5 (-6, fuck)

I definitely got hosed, but my "used" Alan Wake is brand new with the DLC intact so I guess it's not a total loss. Also, the bonuses are applied instantly now so the amount he gave me before I signed was the grand total.

Base TIV for today
Okami (Wii): $7
MW2 (360): $14 (to add one more day to salty tbone's trade yesterday)

powertraded towards Black Ops. Sure wish it stacked with the extra 20% if you traded 3.

does anyone know if/how you can check your balance on your Power Up member card? I tried the "Edge Balance" option but nothing worked.

[quote name='Donut2922']Wii Hardware Console $45

(all bases)[/QUOTE]

funny to see how low TIV there is for Wii systems now. Weren't people trading them in for $90+ just a few months ago?

[quote name='shiftymcneely']funny to see how low TIV there is for Wii systems now. Weren't people trading them in for $90+ just a few months ago?[/QUOTE]

Since Move is out now, Wii's novelty is going down hill is my only guess.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']funny to see how low TIV there is for Wii systems now. Weren't people trading them in for $90+ just a few months ago?[/QUOTE]

Not sure but that would make sense. I didn't trade my Wii in. I just asked at my local GS today since somebody was posting a Wii system and a ton of accessories for cheap and was curious if it was worth my time to hit him up and if not to just keep the database updated for convenience's sake.

Does edge stack with the 25% extra for Fable 3? If so $43 for Halo Reach sounds good to me.. (I never play it) I also think I'll throw in MW 2 and have it just about paid off..

[quote name='jd10984']Does edge stack with the 25% extra for Fable 3? If so $43 for Halo Reach sounds good to me.. (I never play it) I also think I'll throw in MW 2 and have it just about paid off..[/QUOTE]

Yes it does stack...but try $40.50 with Edge, not $43.

Got rid of some accessories since the Wiimote with built in motion plus is coming out.

All from today:

:wii:
Wii Remote - $12.00
Motion Plus - $8.00

:ps3:
Dualshock 3 - $15.25
PS3 Mini USB - $2.25

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Got rid of some accessories since the Wiimote with built in motion plus is coming out.

All from today:

:wii:
Wii Remote - $12.00
Motion Plus - $8.00

Dualshock 3 - $15.25
PS3 Mini USB - $2.25[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Good idea on the Wii Remote/Motion Plus trade in. I might do the same and upgrade to Remote Plus for the two remotes I have the dongle for now. Or maybe not. Have to think about it. I don't mind the dongles, except that they are easy to misplace.

I'm sure it's just that they aren't sold out everywhere any more. Plus some people traded-in to get a black Wii and perhaps some will trade-in to get the Mario Red Wii once that is out. Supply and demand. And yeah, I'm sure Move and now Kinect are going to put a crimp in Nintendo's style. Maybe that means we're likely to see a Wii 2 (whatever it's called) before too much longer. Maybe Gamestop knows something we don't.... Or maybe not. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm sure it's just that they aren't sold out everywhere any more. Plus some people traded-in to get a black Wii and perhaps some will trade-in to get the Mario Red Wii once that is out. Supply and demand. And yeah, I'm sure Move and now Kinect are going to put a crimp in Nintendo's style. Maybe that means we're likely to see a Wii 2 (whatever it's called) before too much longer. Maybe Gamestop knows something we don't.... Or maybe not. :)[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's still the case, but when I worked for Gamecrazy two years ago, it was hard to convince someone to buy a used Wii. 360's and PS3's are easy sells, as people would just come in and ask for them used. The Wii was a whole different story.

Any news on the next trade promo? I'm on the fence of trading in 6 games with the current promo if there is going to be the extra 5$/10$/20$? or 20%/30%/40% coming up. =)

TIV from today, all for 360:

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts 7 Bolts- $5
Super Street Fighter IV- $14
Transformers: War for Cybertron- $15

also since it was the first time i had gone to gamestop in months, i got my edge card converted to powerup. if i remember correctly, you get a coupon for B2G1 free from the website right? i went to my account and active offers but it says there's nothing there. i did just activate it today so maybe it takes a couple days?

OK... it looks like they made some changes to the receipts so base trade-in values are not shown. I'm assuming the following TIVs include the 10% Power Up and 20% bonus; you'll have to figure it out from there.

Traded (all ps3):

Clash of the Titans: $13
Dark Void: $3.90
Prince of Persia - TFS: $11.70
Star Wars TFU: $10.40
Final Fantasy XIII: $14.30

$53.30 total, which went directly towards a used Castlevania: LoS. Maybe because the trades weren't done seperate from the purchase the TIVs were listed including the bonuses?

[quote name='nietzsche74']OK... it looks like they made some changes to the receipts so base trade-in values are not shown. I'm assuming the following TIVs include the 10% Power Up and 20% bonus; you'll have to figure it out from there.

Traded (all ps3):

Clash of the Titans: $13
Dark Void: $3.90
Prince of Persia - TFS: $11.70
Star Wars TFU: $10.40
Final Fantasy XIII: $14.30

$53.30 total, which went directly towards a used Castlevania: LoS. Maybe because the trades weren't done seperate from the purchase the TIVs were listed including the bonuses?[/QUOTE]

its really not that hard to figure out, just divide by 30%-

Clash of the Titans: $10
Dark Void: $3
Prince of Persia - TFS: $9
Star Wars TFU: $8
Final Fantasy XIII: $11

also the reciept i got today doesn't list the base, but it does still list how much the bonuses was for each game, so you can always just subtract the bonuses from the total

[quote name='rainking187']Holy crap is the base value for Modnation Racers really $16? I swear I checked a few days ago and it was $12.[/QUOTE]

Its 12 just traded it in (thanks Subway!)

Some Base TIVs:

:360:
Rock Band 2- $5

DJ Hero Game Only (GS does not take in the turntable anymore, either with the game or on its own)- $5
Bayonetta $7

:ds:
Mega Man Zero Collection: $8

:ps2:
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence: $3.25

base tiv over phone

enslaved - $20
halo reach - $30

PS3
dead rising 2 - $25

I should of traded in enslave a couple of days ago when I didn't want to play it anymore. this game is just plummering down on its tiv for a game thats release not a month old and its not even a sports game. (probably cause it didn't get such good reviews?)

Question: if I've already preordered black ops, can I still trade games towards it & get the extra 25%? only put $5 down so far..

[quote name='Rickyricc']Question: if I've already preordered black ops, can I still trade games towards it & get the extra 25%? only put $5 down so far..[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can as long as Black ops has funds added to it on the transaction.

[quote name='Rickyricc']Question: if I've already preordered black ops, can I still trade games towards it & get the extra 25%? only put $5 down so far..[/QUOTE]

Dang it! Stupid Manager at the store last night told me that the extra 25% only went towards Fable, Star Wars, and Fallout. I knew Call of Duty was included. I should've checked the website before I went. That guy is an idiot, he even checked the computer.

TIV from yesterday:

Punchout Wii $10
Professor Layton and the Curious Village DS $8

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back