GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded a Gamecube system in today 11/03/2010.

Base value is still $10 but I can confirm that it gets boosted to $20 automatically with the current promo so now might be a good time to get rid of your GC if you have one not getting used since even they have a hard time selling them for $29.99 used.

A word of advice: It would be a good idea to clean/dust the system and required components before trading and test it. Don't bother trying to trade if your system is not good shape as they seemed to look it over pretty good to try and find an excuse to not take it since they probably do not really want them anymore but have not yet officially stopped taking them.

Hey I have a question for you guys...I have a copy of Castlevania:LOTS for ps3 unoppened...will GS still only give me 24$ plus the 20$ towards Assasins Creed for it?

I have a feeling you will probably say they will only give me Used trade in value for it even though its never been opened never been used.

[quote name='jthiel']Hey I have a question for you guys...I have a copy of Castlevania:LOTS for ps3 unoppened...will GS still only give me 24$ plus the 20$ towards Assasins Creed for it?

I have a feeling you will probably say they will only give me Used trade in value for it even though its never been opened never been used.[/QUOTE]

Most stores won't even accept unopened games as there's the chance that they may have been stolen. So, you pretty much have to open it and get the used price.

[quote name='jthiel']Hey I have a question for you guys...I have a copy of Castlevania:LOTS for ps3 unoppened...will GS still only give me 24$ plus the 20$ towards Assasins Creed for it?

I have a feeling you will probably say they will only give me Used trade in value for it even though its never been opened never been used.[/QUOTE]

you will Either receive $24 or $20 not both ...
TIV at Amazon is $38.75 if you lock in today.
try to sell it on craigslist for $45 sealed

Do NOT open the game until you have looked at all the options.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Has anyone tried trading in the Rock Band track packs? I know Family Dollar had a bunch of them for $5. Figured if they happen to still be over $1.50 (doubt it), it would be a great way to get the codes from some of them and still make out in the end.[/QUOTE]

For interested parties, here are some TIVs on the Track Packs, thanks to...

[quote name='mokmoof']Just got back from Gamestop. Sold Vol 2 for $5, Metal for $2.50, and AC/DC (which I got at K-Mart for $5) for $2. (All of these are for the 360).[/QUOTE]

First post and wanted to contribute to this thread, so here we go.

These are all TIV from today: 11/03/10

Sony Playstation 2
Final Fantasy X-2 - $2.25 (11/03/10)
Final Fantasy X - $3.50 (11/03/10)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - $0.65 (11/03/10)
Fight Night 2004 - Did not accept. Said it wouldn't sell, so they wouldn't take it.

Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed - $2 (11/03/10)
Fable II - $2.50 (11/03/10)
Gears of War 2 - $3 (11/03/10)
The Last Remnant - $4 (11/03/10)
Saints Row - $2 (11/03/10)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For interested parties, here are some TIVs on the Track Packs, thanks to...[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that overnight, :360: AC/DC got dropped to $1.50, making it ineligible for the promotion. Dammit. Still traded a :ps3: Williams Pinball from TRU and a :360: Beijing Olympics to get the promo...

PS3: CoD: WaW - $9
GC: Console [complete] - $10

All base values.

[quote name='z24buddy']Traded a Gamecube system in today 11/03/2010.

Base value is still $10 but I can confirm that it gets boosted to $20 automatically with the current promo so now might be a good time to get rid of your GC if you have one not getting used since even they have a hard time selling them for $29.99 used.

A word of advice: It would be a good idea to clean/dust the system and required components before trading and test it. Don't bother trying to trade if your system is not good shape as they seemed to look it over pretty good to try and find an excuse to not take it since they probably do not really want them anymore but have not yet officially stopped taking them.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks. I completely forgot I had one lying around still. And yes, I can confirm that they checked it pretty thoroughly. Nice for the promo!

Reach is still $27 as of November 3rd 2010.

EDIT: And to x24buddy: thanks man, I'll try to buy my friend's Gamecube for $15 and flip it for that $5. He's owed me a game for 3 years now (I still remind him) so a $5 flip can't be that bad for my karma :p

Can the "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" coupon from the Power Up Rewards site be used more than once? I downloaded and printed one and the option is still up. It says one per customer, so is it tied to your rewards account or can you print out multiple coupons for different times until it expires?

A few values I had checked earlier today:

:ps3: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2-$6(has only dropped $.50 since the last reported value in JUNE)
:ps3: Mercenaries 2-$3
:ps3: Uncharted-$6

11/3/2010 gba micro silver $15.00, gta san andreas ps2 $4.75, mortal kombat advance, $2.00, 007 agent under fire ps2 $0.90, splinter cell ps2 $0.65, ssx 3 ps2 $0.90, dream gear ps2 brand controller $5.50 my receipt shows ps3 controller wired a mistake by the employee?

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I can tell you that overnight, :360: AC/DC got dropped to $1.50, making it ineligible for the promotion. Dammit. Still traded a :ps3: Williams Pinball from TRU and a :360: Beijing Olympics to get the promo...[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads-up. I was about to get a couple of the packs and use them as a boost. Knowing AC/DC went down, I suspect the others might have, as well.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Thank you for the heads-up. I was about to get a couple of the packs and use them as a boost. Knowing AC/DC went down, I suspect the others might have, as well.[/QUOTE]

Vol. 2 still qualified... I think it got $5. I'll have to look at my receipt. I'll call GS tomorrow before I buy a metal pack. I didn't recognize a single song, but for free, I can't pass up 20 songs in my RB collection. I have a couple of more filler games to do another trade 3, get $10 with.

Just traded in:

DS: Wall-E - $2.50
DS: Rayman's Raving Rabbids: TV Party - $2.50
360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. - $5

Keep up the good work!

All 360:

Condemned 2: Bloodshot 2.50
GTA IV 5.00
Burnout Paradise 5.00

No changes from the database, which I updated for date.

Edit: Why is it my additions never show up in the database?

**ATTENTION**

I saw a FSI flyer for a sale that GameStop is going to have starting on Sunday 11/7 earlier, and for anyone interested in trading in a PS3/360/PSP/Wii or DS system, I would wait since GameStop is giving a $25.00 bonus trade in credit for those systems instead of the current $10.00 starting on 11/7 (Sunday).

The PS2/GameCube, GBA systems only get an extra $10.00 trade in credit.

Some other deals I remember seeing were $99.99 Pre-Owned 360 Systems (Old Model), Splinter Cell Conviction for $20, and Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 for $20

I think the sales and trade promotions only run for a week (11/7-11/13)

[quote name='donut']you will Either receive $24 or $20 not both ...
TIV at Amazon is $38.75 if you lock in today.
try to sell it on craigslist for $45 sealed

Do NOT open the game until you have looked at all the options.[/QUOTE]

Ehh, that is shitty...so you dont get an additional $20 trade in credit? What a crock of shit...who the hell in their right mind would trade in a game worth less than the actual trade in value? I thought it was an additional $20 towards the purchase.

Anyways, It was a game i purchased during the TRU b2g1 free deal. TRU said (well mine atleast) said as long as I do not open the game, I have 45 days to return it for another so long as I have the original receipt. It was not the free game so I paid for it, I will just return it either next tuesday or the following.

Thanks for your help.

[quote name='jthiel']Ehh, that is shitty...so you dont get an additional $20 trade in credit? What a crock of shit...who the hell in their right mind would trade in a game worth less than the actual trade in value? I thought it was an additional $20 towards the purchase.
[/QUOTE]

Dude. When they do one of these deals, you get $20 OR, if the TIV is over $20, you get that number. They just have the flyer so everyone knows that the value of those games won't be LESS than $20. It's always like that. Only this time, there are no old assed games on that list to screw GS over on.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Edit: Why is it my additions never show up in the database?[/QUOTE]
It depends upon how you update the value. If you went to the specific game page, and if you hit the check mark button to say that value stayed the same then the date will be updated but on the tracker page it will show the user who last manually input that value into the database. A lot of times that is me, but not always. If you manually input the values what will happen is that they are sitting in TIV Moderation Queue. That's basically there to make sure there aren't a lot of bogus $9999 for Halo 3 values being input and also so that values that are obviously not base do not got input into the database. Sometimes that queue only gets checked once a day but most of the time it gets checked half a dozen times or more. Your submissions should be seen on the TIV Tracker page.

Updated lists and database.

BASE trade in values as of today (I did the math as the base values are no longer printed)
:ps3: Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack -- $2.00
:360: Rock Band Classic Rock Track Pack -- $2.50
:360: Guitar Hero 5 -- $7.00
Wired Microphone (GH/RB style) -- $3.75

[quote name='DJP519']BASE trade in values as of today (I did the math as the base values are no longer printed)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed this today too...makin' me use a damn calculator:

:360:
Halo Reach $27.00
Madden 11 $24.00
GTA EFLC $10.00
Guitar Hero 5 $7.00
Sonic All-stars Racing $8.00
Last Remnant $4.00
Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? $4.00

:ps3:
Orange Box $10.00

:wii:
Nights $1.00 (glad I brought an extra game in case of this)

Wanted to trade in Reach and Madden for Kinect, but I couldn't since they didn't have the pre-order in the system and the 12 they had were all pre-orders. Then the UPS guy shows up and the kid helping me digs through 20 boxes to find 4 more just off the truck. Wish they had more like him.

Damn, I got lucky trading in Halo Reach last week, they were giving 30 for it. Went to 27 pretty quick.

Anyone know how much Gamestop is giving for Vanquish for the PS3?

I've got a Power Up question if anyone knows... I got converted in-store from Edge to Power Up Pro about a week ago, and finally activated online yesterday. My welcome B2G1F coupon should appear under "Active Offers," right? I don't see anything there. Does it take a few days to appear? Thanks!

[quote name='DJP519']I've got a Power Up question if anyone knows... I got converted in-store from Edge to Power Up Pro about a week ago, and finally activated online yesterday. My welcome B2G1F coupon should appear under "Active Offers," right? I don't see anything there. Does it take a few days to appear? Thanks![/QUOTE]

It took a few days for me to get the coupon. Just sit tight, and you should see it in your list of active offers within a week.

[quote name='RCS0926']It took a few days for me to get the coupon. Just sit tight, and you should see it in your list of active offers within a week.[/QUOTE]

actually i've been waiting a week and a half for my coupon. i made a topic about it in the deal/shopping discussions forum and it seems im not alone. one person got a reply from gamestops customer service saying they had 2 database crashes last week and that has delayed sending out the B2G1F coupons...

[quote name='y2jasper']actually i've been waiting a week and a half for my coupon. i made a topic about it in the deal/shopping discussions forum and it seems im not alone. one person got a reply from gamestops customer service saying they had 2 database crashes last week and that has delayed sending out the B2G1F coupons...[/QUOTE]

You should probably log in to your PowerUp account and sent GS an email then. They responded pretty quickly to me when I was erroneously docked points on my account.

[quote name='DJP519']Thanks for the quick responses. I'll call or email if something doesn't show up by next week. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'd just send an email right now if I were you. It wouldn't take long for you to inform GS that you haven't gotten your B2G1 free coupon.

[quote name='Ketsui']one question- the promotion about getting $20 trade in for a new release of Black Ops,Assassins Creed,Donkey Kong..is it an EXTRA 20 dollar credit+Trade in value or just a 20 dollar flat rate for the selected titles??? [/QUOTE]

Its just the flat rate of $20 for the titles listed on the promotion page.

All X360 (base)

Kameo - $1
Godfather 2 - $5
CoD MW2 - $14
Banjo-Kazooie: N&B - $5
X360 Wireless Controller $11
X360 20GB HDD - $10
X360 Console W/ Wireless Controller - $45
X360 Wired Headset - $5

I got an extra $10 on the console and an extra $3.34 on MW2, Godfather 2, and Banjo-Kazooie since I put it towards Black Ops. I don't really understand how the Black Ops promo worked though, since it gave me over 50% bonus TIV on Banjo and Godfather, and a (just about) 25% bonus on MW2 (like it was supposed to). Oh well, not going to complain :)

whole bunch of called TIVs for wii
Mushroom men $5
Samba de amigo $1
elebits $1.50
ghost squad $6
house of dead 2 & 3 $8
conduit $6
bleach $7
super monkeyball banana blitz $4
chicken little ace in action $1.50
happy feet $1.50
williams pinball hall of fame $4
obscure $2
dragon quest swords $2.50
RE4 $5
de Blob $2.50
trauma center second opinion $2.50
cosmic family $1.50
dead space $6
pikmin $6
lego sw complete saga $7
sega superstars tennis $2
dragonballz 2 $6
death jr $2.50
octomania $.75
spyborgs $1
rayman raving rabbids $5
zelda links crossbow $.50
knights $1
GH aerosmith $1
blastworks $1
battle of the bands $.25
heavenly guardians $1

[quote name='letallis']All X360 (base)

Kameo - $1
Godfather 2 - $5
CoD MW2 - $14
Banjo-Kazooie: N&B - $5
X360 Wireless Controller $11
X360 20GB HDD - $10
X360 Console W/ Wireless Controller - $45
X360 Wired Headset - $5

I got an extra $10 on the console and an extra $3.34 on MW2, Godfather 2, and Banjo-Kazooie since I put it towards Black Ops. I don't really understand how the Black Ops promo worked though, since it gave me over 50% bonus TIV on Banjo and Godfather, and a (just about) 25% bonus on MW2 (like it was supposed to). Oh well, not going to complain :)[/QUOTE]

They gave you the trade 3 get +$10 instead since the other promo was not as good in your case. I did the same thing today with Alan Wake CE, infamous, and uncharted 2.

[quote name='donut']whole bunch of called TIVs for wii
Mushroom men $5
Samba de amigo $1
elebits $1.50
ghost squad $6
house of dead 2 & 3 $8
conduit $6
bleach $7
super monkeyball banana blitz $4
chicken little ace in action $1.50
happy feet $1.50
williams pinball hall of fame $4
obscure $2
dragon quest swords $2.50
RE4 $5
de Blob $2.50
trauma center second opinion $2.50
cosmic family $1.50
dead space $6
pikmin $6
lego sw complete saga $7
sega superstars tennis $2
dragonballz 2 $6
death jr $2.50
octomania $.75
spyborgs $1
rayman raving rabbids $5
zelda links crossbow $.50
knights $1
GH aerosmith $1
blastworks $1
battle of the bands $.25
heavenly guardians $1[/QUOTE]

Hey donut, did you tade these all at once? Did the bonus $10 apply for every 3 qualifying titles in one transaction? Any body else try to trade more than 1 set of three at a time? I've got like 15 games I need to get rid of and it would be sweet to do it all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back