GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='egofed']I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere else online, so I figured CAG would be my best bet. Should Gamestop be charging me tax on online purchases made entirely with credit on my Edge card? I live in VA. They replied to my email inquiry saying that they should, but I keep hearing otherwise. Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

E-mail or call them with the order number.
They will mail you a gift card for the tax amount.
I do this every time.

Ok I'm planning to trade in a wii console 2 remotes on top of like more then 6 games I wanna get a kinnect which offer do I do to get maximum trade value?

[quote name='orcafan8']base tiv today 11/9

Super Mario Galaxy - 10
GBA SP - 8.00[/QUOTE]

I think you mean GBA is $8 not an SP (which is $15)

if anyone wants to trade in SMG for a good TIV, Dealtree is offering it for $30.

i hope gamestop will do another ps3 promotion this holiday season. i want to trade in my phat ps3.

[quote name='tribal24']Ok I'm planning to trade in a wii console 2 remotes on top of like more then 6 games I wanna get a kinnect which offer do I do to get maximum trade value?[/QUOTE]

Well, you don't really have a choice in what promo you can do. When you trade everything in, the system will automatically select whatever deal gets you the best value. Having said that, the bonus $10 will get you the best value for the trades for the games. If the system only tries to give you a bonus $10 when trading in 6, ask the clerk to do separate transactions for each group of three games in order to get max value.

-----------

From a phone call to the store yesterday:

:360:
MotionSports - $20
Fighters Uncaged - $20

CoD: MW2 360 = $8 base 11/9
Halo Reach 360 = $25 base 11/9

trade in towards BOps gave me + 25% + extra $20 for reach for the current 100 for extra $20 promo..only paid $10 n some change for black ops!!! Great deal for a baller on a budget!

[quote name='tava84']CoD: MW2 360 = $8 base 11/9
Halo Reach 360 = $25 base 11/9

trade in towards BOps gave me + 25% + extra $20 for reach for the current 100 for extra $20 promo..only paid $10 n some change for black ops!!! Great deal for a baller on a budget![/QUOTE]

how did this work? did they manually do this? so not only did you get both promos, but the $20 was on top of the base $25 trade in for Halo Reach? i didnt think it worked that way

I traded in my xbox 360 premium 20GB for $45 for system, $10 for hard drive, and $25 extra for this weeks deal and $20 for adapter. $100 total, not bad.

[quote name='labrat34']how did this work? did they manually do this? so not only did you get both promos, but the $20 was on top of the base $25 trade in for Halo Reach? i didnt think it worked that way[/QUOTE]

I just got back from GS and traded in Star Wars Force Unleashed II. I put it towards Black Ops and they had to do it all on the calculator. The manager said there's a glitch in the system that is giving the $20 bonus on top of the regular trade in value. He already knew about it so he had to do all the calculations himself.

[quote name='donut']I think you mean GBA is $8 not an SP (which is $15)[/QUOTE]

i'll check again tomorrow but the guy that rang it up said 8 and then with the promotion it would be 18.
i hope you're right and its 15 if it is then i will trade them in.

Gamecube System: 10.00
Gamecube official Nintendo Controller: 6.00
Gamecube official Nintendo Memory card: 5.25
Gamecube Memory Card 1x: 1.75

I was recently robbed by my sons friends, who traded my games to GS. Here's the prices they got for a bunch of games as of 10/24.

DS Pokemon Platinum 10$
360 WET 6$
360 Fallout 3 5$
Wii Super Mario Galaxy 11$
Wii Mario Strikers 10$
360 Fable 2 2.50$
360 Lost Planet 2 12$
360 Bioshock 2 5$
360 Army of Two: Fourth Day 7$
360 Alan Wake 11$
360 Iron Man 4$
360 Lego Batman 2.50$
360 Super Street Fighter 14$
360 Guitar Hero: Aerosmith 0.25$
360 Grand Theft Auto IV 5$
360 Grand Theft Auto IV: Tales from Liberty City 10$
360 Pirates of the Caribean 1.50$
360 Call of Juarez 2 5$
360 NBA 2K10 2$
360 Toy Story 3 17$
360 Rockband: Beatles 2.50$
Wii Bomberman Land 5$
Wii Resident Evil 4 5$
Wii Super Mario Galaxy 2 25$
360 Resident Evil 5 2.50$
360 FEAR 2 5$
360 Dead to Rights: Retribution 8$
360 Two Worlds 1.50$
Wii Mario Kart 16$
360 Madden NFL 10 1.50$
360 NBA 2K9 0.75$
360 Dragon Age Origins: Awakening 10$

And from 10/10

360 Quantum of Solace 2.50$
360 Skate 3 11$
360 Mafia II 20$
360 Guitar Hero: World 1$
360 Tony Hawk Project 8 2.50$
360 Lego Indiana/Kung Fu Panda 1$
360 NBA Street 1$
360 Deadspace 6$
360 NBA 2K7 0.25$
360 Crackdown 2.50$
360 Prey 0.75$
360 Stranglehold 1$
360 Avatar: The Burning 5$
360 Mass Effect 5$
360 Tony Hawk American Wasteland 2$
360 Dragon Ball Z 2$
360 Perfect Dark Zero 0.75$
360 Need for Speed 2$
360 WWE Wrestlemania 2$
360 Naruto Rise of Ninja 3$

[quote name='stoned99']I was recently robbed by my sons friends, who traded my games to GS. Here's the prices they got for a bunch of games as of 10/24.[/QUOTE]
Okay, I feel the need for clarification on that item. Mainly how you found out the values.

[quote name='JP']Okay, I feel the need for clarification on that item. Mainly how you found out the values.[/QUOTE]
Yep, you're going to have to follow up on that post. I assume this child is no longer alive.

[quote name='sbaker44']I just got back from GS and traded in Star Wars Force Unleashed II. I put it towards Black Ops and they had to do it all on the calculator. The manager said there's a glitch in the system that is giving the $20 bonus on top of the regular trade in value. He already knew about it so he had to do all the calculations himself.[/QUOTE]
Good bye Red Dead Redemption if this is true.:evil:;)

Oh and stoned99, that sucks. Hope you find a legal way to get at least what they're worth back.

2 questions, and sorry if either these have already been addressed, but is the $25 bonus for systems YMMV? went into a GS yesterday and they said its only $10 right now (psp 3k). and what do you think the chances of the bonus 25% trade will apply to NFS next week? appreciate the help!

just got back from GS, traded in Force Unleashed 2 and got $45 credit towards Black Ops... ($25 trade in + $20 promotion)... dunno if its a glitch or not, but definitely a good deal...

[quote name='freeorelse']PSP-3000 $70 base
Got a $25 hardware bump.
Also received the rest of my credit on flingsmash.[/QUOTE]

$25 bump? Damn, I'm considering unloading my PSP and getting a DSi instead, but isn't the promo only $10?

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Yep, you're going to have to follow up on that post. I assume this child is no longer alive.[/QUOTE]

And if they are children, I didn't think GS let kids trade in games.

[quote name='shoe478']And if they are children, I didn't think GS let kids trade in games.[/QUOTE]
I thought that only applies to certain states that apply the same rules to pawnshops.

Man, I hope the 20 bucks bump isn't a glitch. (Though they did the same thing last January where something similar happened and corporate ended up canceling the entire thing) Would really like to swap Black Ops for AC Bros or NFSHP.

Just wondering, did Edge/Powered Up stack those of you who for the extra 20? (25 base + extra 10% + 20 extra + another 10% on the 20?)

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post. Does anyone know where you can get a buy 2 get 1 free coupon from gamestop? I heard something about the powerup, but I wasn't too sure. How long does it take to get the coupon, kind of need it now before thanksgiving. I already have an edge card and the gameinformer magazine though... Thanks in advance for someone who is willing to help me.

You get one when you sign up for Powered Up Pro. (in your case, you'd exchange you current EDGE card for it) It should be on their site http://www.poweruprewards.com/ after you've completed your card's activation.

Take note that the coupon does have an expiration period.

[quote name='JP']Okay, I feel the need for clarification on that item. Mainly how you found out the values.[/QUOTE]

I had gamestop reprint the transactions, you can imagine how happy they were to be doing that during the COD launch. I got two transactions of a possible 4, they started to resist finding the other two even though they remembered the boys, so I'm still a little in the dark. I would need a police report to go any further and I choose not to prosecute the boys.

Where I live you only need to be 16 to get store credit (18 cash), and after a long session with the parents and the kids the book is closed. I asked for used replacement value and the parents coughed up 1100$. Thats low, but if I wait for the next B2G1 free, it should cover recovering the games and I have a boat load of goozex credit that I can use to replace the older games.

They took 45 games in total, very sad moment for all involved.

Sweet, so the PSP should get a nice boost, but my games don't fall under the extra $10 promo; and, if I buy the DSi with the credit, I can get the 30% off used games promo with it. I guess we'll see what the games are worth; I did the addition on Amazon already so it's unlikely GS will beat them. Peace out PSP, it was a nice ride.

Base TiV on 11/11/10 -
Wii - Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles - $8

traded towards Black Ops, and the 8 was bumped to $20. So there was no glitch today where the base value (or the 25%) was stacked with the $20.

[quote name='stoned99']I had gamestop reprint the transactions, you can imagine how happy they were to be doing that during the COD launch. I got two transactions of a possible 4, they started to resist finding the other two even though they remembered the boys, so I'm still a little in the dark. I would need a police report to go any further and I choose not to prosecute the boys.

Where I live you only need to be 16 to get store credit (18 cash), and after a long session with the parents and the kids the book is closed. I asked for used replacement value and the parents coughed up 1100$. Thats low, but if I wait for the next B2G1 free, it should cover recovering the games and I have a boat load of goozex credit that I can use to replace the older games.

They took 45 games in total, very sad moment for all involved.[/QUOTE]
That's nuts. Glad you were able to at least get something back.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Sweet, so the PSP should get a nice boost, but my games don't fall under the extra $10 promo; and, if I buy the DSi with the credit, I can get the 30% off used games promo with it. I guess we'll see what the games are worth; I did the addition on Amazon already so it's unlikely GS will beat them. Peace out PSP, it was a nice ride.[/QUOTE]

what promo is this? I just bought the red mario XL and knew nothing of 30% off used games...

[quote name='labrat34']Base TiV on 11/11/10 -
Wii - Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles - $8

traded towards Black Ops, and the 8 was bumped to $20. So there was no glitch today where the base value (or the 25%) was stacked with the $20.[/QUOTE]

Damn. And I was getting all excited about being able to play some games like TFU2 for free and getting rid of DR2 for a profit.

Thanks for the update.

[quote name='donut']what promo is this? I just bought the red mario XL and knew nothing of 30% off used games...[/QUOTE]

This week, the ad says 30% off used games with purchase of a new system. Did you buy it this week?

[quote name='donut']I think you mean GBA is $8 not an SP (which is $15)[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for pointing this out went back today, same guy helped me I guess he couldn't find SP in the sytem and was just doing GBA before.

Base TIV today 11/11
GBA - $8
GBA SP - $15

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back