GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stoned99']I had gamestop reprint the transactions, you can imagine how happy they were to be doing that during the COD launch. I got two transactions of a possible 4, they started to resist finding the other two even though they remembered the boys, so I'm still a little in the dark. I would need a police report to go any further and I choose not to prosecute the boys.

Where I live you only need to be 16 to get store credit (18 cash), and after a long session with the parents and the kids the book is closed. I asked for used replacement value and the parents coughed up 1100$. Thats low, but if I wait for the next B2G1 free, it should cover recovering the games and I have a boat load of goozex credit that I can use to replace the older games.

They took 45 games in total, very sad moment for all involved.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear you had some sort of resolution to this situation.

I took my copies of Red Dead Redemption and Dead Rising 2 into GS today to see if the glitch still worked. Unfortunately the employees all knew about it and said they've been having to figure out and put in the bonus amounts manually, since I guess the glitch IS still active.;)

So I ended up taking both to Best Buy for $30 apiece.:D

Just traded in a *ahem* slightly broken Nintendo DSi which managed to get through their rigorous quality control for used systems.

Nintendo Dsi $60

(after 25 bump, 85)

[quote name='stoned99']I had gamestop reprint the transactions, you can imagine how happy they were to be doing that during the COD launch. I got two transactions of a possible 4, they started to resist finding the other two even though they remembered the boys, so I'm still a little in the dark. I would need a police report to go any further and I choose not to prosecute the boys.

Where I live you only need to be 16 to get store credit (18 cash), and after a long session with the parents and the kids the book is closed. I asked for used replacement value and the parents coughed up 1100$. Thats low, but if I wait for the next B2G1 free, it should cover recovering the games and I have a boat load of goozex credit that I can use to replace the older games.

They took 45 games in total, very sad moment for all involved.[/QUOTE]

What you did was the noble thing...but anyone over 13 in my eyes knows what they are doing and I would have pressed charges and pushed for the toughest sentencing possible. Either way, I'm glad you resolved the situation.

I've got a DS Lite with cracked hinges from Nintendo's early productions, so it no longer clicks to stay open. Pretty sure if I tried trading it in, I'd get slapped with a refurb and it wouldn't count for the trade-in promo, would it?

[quote name='stoned99']after a long session with the parents and the kids the book is closed. I asked for used replacement value and the parents coughed up 1100$. [/QUOTE]

As a parent, I totally respect your decision to keep it out of the legal system. As long as they are making good on your loss, I love the idea of them being in charge of what the consequences are (like paying them the freak back).

[quote name='Tsukento']I've got a DS Lite with cracked hinges from Nintendo's early productions, so it no longer clicks to stay open. Pretty sure if I tried trading it in, I'd get slapped with a refurb and it wouldn't count for the trade-in promo, would it?[/QUOTE]

I would call a store some distance away and ask them IF they take it, how much will the base be reduced...some have reported even when the base amount is adjusted, the promo still adds on...
and you can always choose to not complete the transaction...and sell it on craigs...
sadly, last time I checked, nintendo charges $60 to fix/replace it...

Yeah. Back when it was my only Lite, Nintendo wanted me to pay $75 to repair it because it was no longer in the warranty.

Figured it'd be best to ask just in case. I know I can decide not to go through with it at the end, but I thought it'd be best just in case I needed to save myself a trip.

Just came back from my local gamestop. (Pleasant Hill, CA) Asked them about the Black Ops/AC Bro/DK trade-in, all the employees unanimously replied that it wasn't a glitch and it is in fact supposed to work that way and stack on top of the base value.

Now I'm seriously confuse.

I really want to pick up TFU2 from TRU, finish it and trade it for 47.5 for Black Ops. (Especially since TRU is giving out $20 GCs with purchase) But I don't want to risk it being a glitch...

EDIT : Looking at the flier for that promo right now, in the fine print it states ;

Offer valid toward the purchase of a new copy of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Call of Duty Black Ops, Donkey Kong Country Returns or Little Big Planet 2 only. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood releases 11/16, Call of Duty Black Ops releases 11/09, and Donkey Kong Returns releases 11/21. Release dates subject to change. $20 is net after trade. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice.

So it SHOULD be $20 bonus after base value. Just called another sales associate who was reluctant to fully confirm it, but she's pretty sure it is in fact how it's supposed to work.

[quote name='n1c0']Just came back from my local gamestop. (Pleasant Hill, CA) Asked them about the Black Ops/AC Bro/DK trade-in, all the employees unanimously replied that it wasn't a glitch and it is in fact supposed to work that way and stack on top of the base value.

Now I'm seriously confuse.

I really want to pick up TFU2 from TRU, finish it and trade it for 47.5 for Black Ops. (Especially since TRU is giving out $20 GCs with purchase) But I don't want to risk it being a glitch...

EDIT : Looking at the flier for that promo right now, in the fine print it states ;

So it SHOULD be $20 bonus after base value. Just called another sales associate who was reluctant to fully confirm it, but she's pretty sure it is in fact how it's supposed to work.[/QUOTE]

Good news to hear. Heres hoping it isnt a glitch.

$20 net after trade means the total will be $20 TIV. Finally got my Edge switched over to Power-up and talked to a couple guys at my local store and they had been manually adjusting everything down to $20. Some email came from their DM with instructions about it.

[quote name='JP']$20 net after trade means the total will be $20 TIV. Finally got my Edge switched over to Power-up and talked to a couple guys at my local store and they had been manually adjusting everything down to $20. Some email came from their DM with instructions about it.[/QUOTE]

That makes absolutely no sense. Considering how this would also put it directly in conflict with the extra 25% credit trade-in promo.

It wouldn't since promotions never stack. The wizard is supposed to figure out which promotion yields the most value for a trade-in.

[quote name='iPhone']It wouldn't since promotions never stack. The wizard is supposed to figure out which promotion yields the most value for a trade-in.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The system would just give you the base value + 25% instead of adjusting your TIV down.

I can live with that. I just don't see why a district manager would actually send out memos about how they should take the opportunity of two conflicting promos to rip off their customers.

[quote name='n1c0']I can live with that. I just don't see why a district manager would actually send out memos about how they should take the opportunity of two conflicting promos to rip off their customers.[/QUOTE]
They aren't ripping off the customers. The promo is supposed to be $20 guaranteed TIV on select games. Not a guaranteed extra $20 on top of the base. They are correcting a programming mistake in the system manually. It's happened before. Not to this degree but there have been memos sent out from corporate about trade glitches that the stores are supposed to manually fix. They would also never bring a game down to $20, they would then use the percentage promo. There was a promo for games with a guaranteed $25 TIV. At the time, New Super Mario Bros Wii was getting $25-$27 in range. As long as it stayed at $25 or higher, the system automatically selected the percentage promo without issue.

[quote name='JP']They aren't ripping off the customers. The promo is supposed to be $20 guaranteed TIV on select games. Not a guaranteed extra $20 on top of the base. They are correcting a programming mistake in the system manually. It's happened before. Not to this degree but there have been memos sent out from corporate about trade glitches that the stores are supposed to manually fix. They would also never bring a game down to $20, they would then use the percentage promo. There was a promo for games with a guaranteed $25 TIV. At the time, New Super Mario Bros Wii was getting $25-$27 in range. As long as it stayed at $25 or higher, the system automatically selected the percentage promo without issue.[/QUOTE]

Guess I misunderstood what you were trying you say. I had thought that you said games of a higher value were being adjusted down to 20. My bad.

That ends tomorrow (Saturday), according to the ad.

Also, this week's ad is up: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/111210/default.aspx

Absolutely nothing worth looking into. Standard price drops on Move accessories and Wii remotes + Wii Motion Plus bundles, along with the same promo for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood that we already knew about. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is listed on the front releasing on 11/30, and getting a 4GB Xbox 360 Slim will get you 480 MS Points for an HD movie download.

PSP 11-11-2010:

Lego Batman 7
LocoRoco 2 2.50
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite 6
Star Ocean 2nd evolution 6
GTA ChinaTown Wars 6
Resistance Retribution 5
FFvII Crisis Core 2
Dissidia FF 6
GTA Liberty City 5

75.56 trade in total with bonus 10 per 3.

[quote name='stoned99']I would need a police report to go any further and I choose not to prosecute the boys.

[/QUOTE]

Kudos to you for looking for a way out that didn't involve prosecution... I would make sure that the little bastards never set foot in my house or talked to my son again - since they're obviously on their way to juvenile delinquency.

Of course, if my son did that, the punishment from me would be WAY worse than what they would face in court. I don't have an easy out rule for first offense. He'd be like my own personal little sweat shop for the next 6 months to pay off the debt he created to me.

[quote name='irongolem411']PSP 11-11-2010:

LocoRoco 2 2.50[/QUOTE]
Wow. That's STILL getting $2.50? :bomb: Now I'm pissed cuz I missed out on about $20 in credit from the copies I had for not waiting to trade them in.:cry::whistle2:#

I went by my local gamestop last night to take advantage of the current trade in promotions. They told me the trade-in bump for systems was only $10, but when they rang up my 360 it was actually the $25 bump i had expected.

[quote name='irongolem411']PSP 11-11-2010:

Lego Batman 7
LocoRoco 2 2.50
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite 6
Star Ocean 2nd evolution 6
GTA ChinaTown Wars 6
Resistance Retribution 5
FFvII Crisis Core 2
Dissidia FF 6
GTA Liberty City 5

75.56 trade in total with bonus 10 per 3.[/QUOTE]

The $10 extra does apply to PSP games? Well, shit then, screw Craigslist not posting my ad, I'll just take my lot into GS.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']The $10 extra does apply to PSP games? Well, shit then, screw Craigslist not posting my ad, I'll just take my lot into GS.[/QUOTE]
Kinda says it right there on the front page:

Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP titles and get an extra $10.

GameCube, GBA and PS2 games are the only ones not affected.

The first page also says Trade in any system for $10 extra store credit. The ad says that this week you get $25 extra for newer systems, though. Likewise, the ad says 360, PS3, and Wii only on the 3/$10 boost, so you can understand my confusion.

I brought my blue dual shock 2 to a different gamestop store I got $3.25 for it I tried to trade in a official gba to gamecube link cable gamestop no longer accepts it.

Star Wars the Force unleashed 2: $25
Star Wars the force unleashed ultimate sith edition: $18
Madden 2011: $23
Bioshock 2: $5
Halo ODST: $5
Crackdown 2: $8
Naughty Bear: $8

These are standard trade in prices

Plus add $20 on top of each of the top 3 games and extra $10 on the other 4 it came out to $162 trade in credit :) it average out that each game got me $23.14 trade in credit.

I was able to buy Call of Duty harden edition, splatter house payed off, and still have $12 left in credit.

[quote name='n1c0']Guess I misunderstood what you were trying you say. I had thought that you said games of a higher value were being adjusted down to 20. My bad.[/QUOTE]

Actually this is wrong and right depending on the store. Like the one gamestop in walking distance makes games of lesser value on the list $20. But the GS at the mall actually gave me a extra $20 on top of the trade in value. So I went there. I ended up getting $45 for the force unleashed 2, $43 for madden 2011, and $38 for Star Wars the force unleashed ultimate sith edition.

so I am guessing that different GS stores do it differently.

any idea what's the new gamestop AD like? hopefully they come to the party with all the other major players throwing good deals...!

[quote name='mrman1980']any idea what's the new gamestop AD like? hopefully they come to the party with all the other major players throwing good deals...![/QUOTE]
Already posted it.

Also, this week's ad is up: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/...0/default.aspx

Absolutely nothing worth looking into. Standard price drops on Move accessories and Wii remotes + Wii Motion Plus bundles, along with the same promo for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood that we already knew about. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is listed on the front releasing on 11/30, and getting a 4GB Xbox 360 Slim will get you 480 MS Points for an HD movie download.

Unless you meant the Black Friday ad, which hasn't been posted yet.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but If I preorder a game and already have it paid off with credit not cash. Do I have to go back to the original gamestop I preordered at to cancel the preorder? (or call)

Base TIV 11/12/10:

All :psp:
Jeanne D'Arc 2.00
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles 3.00
GTA: Vice City Stories 5.00
Worms 2: Open Warfare 2.50
LEGO Indiana Jones 3.00
LEGO Indy 2 6.00 (Note to JP - this isn't in the database apparently)
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror 1.50
God of War: Chains of Olympus 2.50
GoW: Ghost of Sparta 15.00
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep 15.00
Ratchet & Clank Size Matters: 1.00

National Treasure 2 UMD 0.90
8GB Memory stick 13.00
PSP 3000 70.00

They did not take either of my hard cases.

Updated to database myself where necessary. I was shocked that my total trade in post-promo was 202.50, since I was hoping to sell the lot for $200 in cash. That paid for all but $7 of my Red DSi XL, Chrono Trigger, and the first Professor Layton. Once again CAG comes through, using all 3 promos certainly made my day.

[quote name='advanced']The old GS website used to let you "locate" used games, does the new one let you do this too? Sorry if it's been asked before.[/QUOTE]

There is a :

"want it in a hurry? Pick up @ store" option next to "add to wish list"

Not nearly as convenient as before

[quote name='h2dk']There is a :

"want it in a hurry? Pick up @ store" option next to "add to wish list"

Not nearly as convenient as before[/QUOTE]

Thanks h2dk! I felt as if I clicked it before, but I must have missed it. :)

[quote name='FArgus']Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but If I preorder a game and already have it paid off with credit not cash. Do I have to go back to the original gamestop I preordered at to cancel the preorder? (or call)[/QUOTE]
Yes, you have to go back to that same one.

Currently the DS Phat goes for $50. Anyone think it might go for more during the inevitable 3DS preorder deals? Or is this as good as it's going to get?

Here's a tip for the "$20 trade in for select games thing" I said it earlier in the thread, but I traded in Reach for $45. $20 promo. I'm almost certain they tacked on the extra $20 from the promo, so you get the TIV + the $20.

Can someone confirm?

It's a glitch in the system, at least according to the GameStops around me. They have been ordered by the DM to manually adjust the values for games that normally get less than $20 on that list to edit them to $20 TIV. Also they are to remove the $20 off of games above the $20 mark. The promo is only supposed to guarantee you that a game gets you $20 total, not $20 on top.

[quote name='JP']It's a glitch in the system, at least according to the GameStops around me. They have been ordered by the DM to manually adjust the values for games that normally get less than $20 on that list to edit them to $20 TIV. Also they are to remove the $20 off of games above the $20 mark. The promo is only supposed to guarantee you that a game gets you $20 total, not $20 on top.[/QUOTE]
Ah okay thanks for the confirmation! Don't want to spread false info. Guess I lucked out.

:360:
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - $20

That comes from someone in the 360 CAG forum that couldn't post the value in the trade-in widget due to his newbie status. Just passing the info along on his behalf.

Just for clarification sake, if I traded LEGO: Harry Potter at GS to put toward Assassin's Creed: BH, I would either get +25% of the $17 TIV for the game or the game would be bumped up to $20 TIV, right? I know the promos don't stack (except for when there's glitches) but I'm just confused why they would offer both a 25% bump and a guaranteed $20 TIV when it seems like the 25% bump is the better deal across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back