GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7940634

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2(or 3) games and get an extra 10% in-store credit, 4(or 5) and an extra 20% or 6 or more and get an extra 40%.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Little Big Planet 2, Super Mario All-Stars or World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 12/09/10 - 12/26/10.[/QUOTE]

Hardware trade-in extra $25 (Ends 12/26/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system and get an extra $25 in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 11/22/10 - 12/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheeky']Not sure, but you should hold onto the boxes because gs will likely just throw them away.[/QUOTE]

I need to get rid of space, don't want empty boxes around. I only kept some GBA games that have value to me. Pretty much all the Castlevania games, Shinning Force, Metal Slug A, and a sealed copy of Astro Boy. Plus, it make the progress faster for them to just scan the boxes instead of taking a hour typing on the comp. You know how some GS workers are, just plain slow and stupid.

[quote name='donut']damn, the last three members...
read the op![/QUOTE]

I'M SORRY PAPI!

Base TIVs as of 11/28/10

iconps3.gif

• Mafia II - $15
iconxbox360.gif

• Dead Rising - $4
  • Eternal Sonata - $7
  • Halo 3: ODST - $6
  • Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - $4
  • Left 4 Dead - $3.50
  • The Orange Box - $5
  • Saint's Row 2 - $6
iconwii.gif

• New Super Mario Bros. - $23
  • Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - $4
  • Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil - $6
  • Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - $7.50
  • Wii Sports Resort - $8
  • House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - $8

kind of off topic..but i just noticed on my powerup account, i got a second b2g1f coupon. the first one i got a few weeks ago for upgrading to powerup expires 12/31, and this one expires 1/31. not that i'm complaining, but anyone know why i got 2? could it be because i also renewed my edge/powerup account? (was going to expire in dec)

[quote name='Ionotropic']Anyone know current hardware TIV's? Thinking about trading in PSP 2000 and DS Lite.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='donut']damn, the last three members...
read the op![/QUOTE]
I don't see any hardware TIV's in the OP.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I don't see any hardware TIV's in the OP.[/QUOTE]

They're near the bottom of the list in their respective categories under Hardware.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Does GS still take GBA games and if so, is it included in their 2/4/6 promo trade in? Will it work because I got 10 GBA games complete in their boxes that I want to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it works with GBA games.

I was going to trade in Black Ops for $30 and FIFA for $20, but noticed the 40% deal and tried to buy 4 old EA Sports PS2 games for $1 each, then flip in all 6 for the 40% bonus. I'd imagine a lot of GS would give you a hard time about doing that (thankfully my local one doesnt).

AFAIK there's no actual restrictions on the 40% deal.

If your Gamestop takes GBA games, I don't see why not. The promotion states "offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only". So I figure they should work as long as the Gamestop you're at takes GBA games.

11/28 base TIVs

DS :
Professor Layton Curious Village - $8.00

PS3 :
Army of Two - $3.00

Wii :
Ready 2 Rumble Revolution - $4.00
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $5.00
King of Clubs - $1.00

Xbox 360 :
Call of Duty Black Ops - $30.00

From yesterday (all base values):

PS3
Dragon Age Origins - $8.00
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening - $8.00
Prototype - $7.00
MLB 09: The Show - $0.75

Wii
Don King Boxing - $4.00
Rock Band: Green Day - $7.00

Anyone ever have this happen? My order from GS.com arrived over the weekend. But I ordered a copy of NCAA 11, but received the CASE from NCAA, but the DISC is Madden 11. Do you think I can just get that swapped out in store, or since that would throw off their inventory, do I have to deal with an online return/exchange? To further complicate matters, NCAA shows up as the "free" game on my invoice. Figured I'd ask the GS experts here. ;-) Thanks!

[quote name='DJP519']Anyone ever have this happen? My order from GS.com arrived over the weekend. But I ordered a copy of NCAA 11, but received the CASE from NCAA, but the DISC is Madden 11. Do you think I can just get that swapped out in store, or since that would throw off their inventory, do I have to deal with an online return/exchange? To further complicate matters, NCAA shows up as the "free" game on my invoice. Figured I'd ask the GS experts here. ;-) Thanks![/QUOTE]

Call up your local store, let them know the situation and then await their response.

[quote name='DJP519']Anyone ever have this happen? My order from GS.com arrived over the weekend. But I ordered a copy of NCAA 11, but received the CASE from NCAA, but the DISC is Madden 11. Do you think I can just get that swapped out in store, or since that would throw off their inventory, do I have to deal with an online return/exchange? To further complicate matters, NCAA shows up as the "free" game on my invoice. Figured I'd ask the GS experts here. ;-) Thanks![/QUOTE]

I would search for an used copy at the nearest store.
Call and verify..have them hold it.
Go it with the manager present and request the correction.
I see no reason to call and ask if you can bring it in to correct, as this gives them the opportunity to say no.
The manager should take care of you.
imo...

TIV from today

COD Black Ops - $30
Lego Indiana Jones - $.50
Kung Fu Panda - $.50
Sega Superstar Tennis - $.20
Arcade Compilation disc - $1
All pro football 2k8 - $.50
Rock Band 2 - $5.00
Dead Rising - $4.00
Forza 2 - $1
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - $.50

PS3

COD Black Ops - $30

TIV from today
ALL DS and base price
Mario Kart $20
Super monkey ball 3
Mario hoops 3 on 3 8
Incredibles 2
Diner dash 4
New super Mario bros 15
Fab 5 soccer 1.5
Carnival games 5
Cake mania 3
Mario party 11
Cake mania 2 4
NFS prostreet 3
Metroid pinball 1
Guitar hero on tour 2

30 bucks for Mario kart was amazing
Stacked edge and the 40% promotion and total came out to $123.75!! WOOHOO! But WTF on the manager because my Mario and sonic still had the "seal" on it so they just couldn't accept it. Gonna go tomorrow to diff location so suck it gs

[quote name='iamjdog23']TIV from today
ALL DS and base price
Mario Kart $20
Super monkey ball 3
Mario hoops 3 on 3 8
Incredibles 2
Diner dash 4
New super Mario bros 15
Fab 5 soccer 1.5
Carnival games 5
Cake mania 3
Mario party 11
Cake mania 2 4
NFS prostreet 3
Metroid pinball 1
Guitar hero on tour 2

30 bucks for Mario kart was amazing
Stacked edge and the 40% promotion and total came out to $123.75!! WOOHOO! But WTF on the manager because my Mario and sonic still had the "seal" on it so they just couldn't accept it. Gonna go tomorrow to diff location so suck it gs[/QUOTE]

Hope you have or pulled out 4 to trade in with those and get the 40% bump...

[quote name='donut']Hope you have or pulled out 4 to trade in with those and get the 40% bump...[/QUOTE]

Once you hit 6 or more games, all of them get a 40% bump.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Once you hit 6 or more games, all of them get a 40% bump.[/QUOTE]
Donut was saying that so they could also get the bonus on Mario & Sonic game because it is by itself so it wont get the full 40% bonus.

Dark Sector (X360) $1.00
Game and Watch Collection 2 (DS) $6.00
Guitar Hero II / Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Dual Pack (X360) $2.50
New Super Mario Bros. (DS) $15.00
Power Drome (PS2) $0.20
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS2) $1.00
Wii Nunchuck $5.00

[quote name='iamjdog23']But WTF on the manager because my Mario and sonic still had the "seal" on it so they just couldn't accept it. Gonna go tomorrow to diff location so suck it gs[/QUOTE]

It's illegal or against policy in most places to accept sealed games. I know it's popular to hate Gamestop for everything they do while continuing to shop there, but seriously.

[quote name='Survivalism']It's illegal or against policy in most places to accept sealed games. I know it's popular to hate Gamestop for everything they do while continuing to shop there, but seriously.[/QUOTE]

That is SO not true. Of course it's not illegal to accept sealed games. They have the policy partly to prevent reselling games traded to them as new and partly to combat stolen goods. They clearly should be far more suspicious of someone trading a sealed game, as most folk play the games they buy before trading. I trade sealed games all the time to my local GS. They know I get them on clearance and the DM has even been witness to it. Most of the other GS's in the same district will not accept sealed games, but thats mainly because either the manager is a douch (westminister mall), or they don't know me well enough. When I'm out and about and want to know the trade price of a game I always hand them the sealed game as I'm never sure if I will trade or return. The Westminister mall guy always tells me he won't be able to accept that game today even if I leave, unwrap and return. Everytime he does that I chuckle inside because his store just lost money. Every time he says that its 1 less game he can sell for a huge profit. His store is also next to the target so I get quotes on a regular basis and just trade the game to the next GS on my way home.

[quote name='stoned99']That is SO not true. Of course it's not illegal to accept sealed games. They have the policy partly to prevent reselling games traded to them as new and partly to combat stolen goods. They clearly should be far more suspicious of someone trading a sealed game, as most folk play the games they buy before trading. I trade sealed games all the time to my local GS. They know I get them on clearance and the DM has even been witness to it. Most of the other GS's in the same district will not accept sealed games, but thats mainly because either the manager is a douch (westminister mall), or they don't know me well enough. When I'm out and about and want to know the trade price of a game I always hand them the sealed game as I'm never sure if I will trade or return. The Westminister mall guy always tells me he won't be able to accept that game today even if I leave, unwrap and return. Everytime he does that I chuckle inside because his store just lost money. Every time he says that its 1 less game he can sell for a huge profit. His store is also next to the target so I get quotes on a regular basis and just trade the game to the next GS on my way home.[/QUOTE]

Lol "Westminister mall guy", I go to same place. Yeah they won't accept sealed games, I just return another day with it opened. I don't get any hassle then.

[quote name='stoned99']That is SO not true. Of course it's not illegal to accept sealed games. They have the policy...[/QUOTE]

As he clearly said, illegal or against policy. No need to nitpick about what he said. The point was still clear and true: the employee was not being a douche to the other guy by not accepting his sealed games. It's store policy.

Possibly a stupid question: can I trade an Elite 360 in *without* the hard drive? The OP lists them separate, so I was thinking I could, but without the hard drive does the Elite 360 (which I don't think has internal flash memory) even work? Does that matter? I hope not because I already cannibalized the drive and put it in my new 360 S.

hard drives count as seperate items. the elite 360 gets the same value as a core 360 since without hdd its basically the same thing.

[quote name='y2jasper']hard drives count as seperate items. the elite 360 gets the same value as a core 360 since without hdd its basically the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Whew! Thanks! Going to trade it in later today.

West Jordan, Utah (Jordan Landing) Store:

Tiger Woods 2011 (wii):
$12.00 base
$4.80 promo
$1.20 powerup
= $18.00 total

Project Gotham 4 (360)
$1.50 base
.60 Promo
.15 Powerup
= $2.25 total

NCAA Football 2011 (360)
$17.00 base
$6.80 promo
$1.70 powerup
= $25.50 total

Dragon Age Origins (360)
$5.00 Base ( bummer :( )
$2.00 promo
$.50 powerup
= $7.50 total

Guitar Hero 5 (360)
$6.00 base
$2.40 promo
$.60 powerup
= $9.00 total

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360)
$9.00 Base
$3.60 promo
$.90 powerup
= $13.50 total (only paid $10 a few months ago from gamefly ^_^)

MLB 2k10 (360)
$11.00 Base
$4.40 promo
$1.10 powerup
= $16.50 total

Fable III (360)
$25.00 Base
$10.00 Promo
$2.50 Powerup
= $37.50 total

Total Trade in = $129.75

Thanks CAG for keeping me up to date on the trade in offers :) Didn't spend any of the money today, but I will soon.

PS3 Black Ops still $30 (whew)
PS3 Star Wars Clone Wars $6
PS3 Mirror's Edge $5

360 Eternal Sonata $7

GBA Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy $5

$45 for Black Ops much better than Amazon $39...

I had to go to a second store as the first would not accept 2 black ops.
I know this staff member that turned me down (this store has never had an issue with dupes...) He stated just recently he was made to sign a document stating he would not accept 2 of one title/platform in any transaction. If he did, it would be considered a termination offense... I believe him...he even tried to show me the policy document...but I was in a hurry to miss rush hour and hit another store... at that store they hesitated but seeing the title and shortage of used stock ... shrugged and took it...

From today, in the form: base (w/bonus):

Xbox 360 "core" (Elite without HDD): 45 (70)
802.11g wireless adapter: 20 (22)
256 MB Memory Unit: 4 (4.40)

Total with bonuses: $96.40

So the ds lite nets $55 after the $25 promo? Hrm not bad.. I have been wanting to trade up to an xl for a while now and I have $170 in trade in credit as is... May be time to finally get an xl :) Also, I am missing the little slot piece that goes where the gba games are supposed to go.. do they deduct for it missing?

Xbox 360 - 45
DSi XL - 80
Hdmi cable - 5.25
XBox 360 Headset- 5.50
Xbox 360 Charge Cable - 4.25
Wii Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles - 8

Also the $20 game promo for certain new games has been updated and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles is not on it..

[quote name='freddyfromutah']West Jordan, Utah (Jordan Landing) Store: [/QUOTE]

Unless I missed something, there's no point in identifying the store. In fact, it's downright dangerous since GS employees are known to snoop around on these forums, and if they happen to remember your trades, you've just outed yourself!:bomb:

Anyway, traded:

White Knight Chronicles: $8
Il-2 Sturmovick (PS3): $6

Traded a bunch of games the last few days and the cashier told me tonight that I had reached my limit for the week? I have never heard of this before.....is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back