GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I've learned to always, always, always ask if the promo was applied. They will always say yes because they always say something like the computer will give you the best deal every time. So even tho I ask if the promo was applied, I always stand there for a min after getting my receipt and look it over. They usually look at me funny, but quite often they have to correct something.

[quote name='anthfett06']I've learned to always, always, always ask if the promo was applied. They will always say yes because they always say something like the computer will give you the best deal every time. So even tho I ask if the promo was applied, I always stand there for a min after getting my receipt and look it over. They usually look at me funny, but quite often they have to correct something.[/QUOTE]

well they were applied, i got +20 and a +10. its nobody's fault really that Gears of War didnt qualify, i suppose it's my own but I didnt think it'd drop overnight or w.e cus the day before i checked here and i think it was like 3 something so figured i was fine. at the end of the day im happy enough with the value i got so im just complaining that the TIV dropped so quick i guess lol. oh well

edit: i always get on them about everything too though so i know exactly what you mean, "oh did you do the 25 percent bonus? what about this coupon? oh and my edge card? you got all those?" also had to get on them about adding my edge with the b2g1 free haha. i usually am good at getting all the bonuses, i try not to be rude about it though at the same time, i probably come across as a cheapass, but thats what i am so whatever lmcao.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']XBOX 360:
Gears of War - $1.75
Midnight Club LA - $7.50
Street Fighter 4 - $3.50
Halo 3 - $12.00

Wii:
Guitar Hero World Tour - $5.50
Super Paper Mario - $8.25

PS3:
Fallout 3 - $7.00
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - $9.50

so pissed that Gears of War dropped and they didn't tell me it didn't qualify for the promo, I ended up with 10 dollars less than I had hoped for, I said I was trading in 2 groups for +20 bonus each, and at the end asked for the total and $80 sounded about right to me at the time, and of course when I get to the car I realize Gears of War got less than $2, which loses me $10. But OH fucking well :([/QUOTE]

Same type of thing happened to me, and I had them cancel the whole transaction and went back the next day with a different game. Luckily I have a GS 2 miles away from my office.

Call of Juarez Bound in Blood for PS3 $15. No price change from OP

Got the extra $5 credit coupon and 10% edge bonus to bring up to $21.50 total. I paid about the same after coups and tax at BB several months ago. I got to play the game for free! I couldnt beleive this game still has that high a TIV.

12/10
:360:
Gears of War 2 - 8.50
Dead Rising - 5.75
BioShock - 6.75
Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy - 4.00
Skate - 5.75
Halo 3 - 12.00
Viva Pinata - 3.00

:wii:
Battalion Wars - 2.75

:psp:
God Of War: Chains - 5.75

:ds:
Elite Beat Agents - 0.85
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - 2.00

I have scanned the last few pages, but maybe I missed this already: if I have 8 games, should I do 2 different transactions, or can they all be together and still get $20 x 2?

[quote name='regis100']I have scanned the last few pages, but maybe I missed this already: if I have 8 games, should I do 2 different transactions, or can they all be together and still get $20 x 2?[/QUOTE]

Personally , I would do it as 2 trades of 4 just to be safe.

On a side note, I find it funny how often they are math impared.

Example: Went to the B2G1 last night and picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Modern Warfare 2 but couldn't really find a 3rd $55 game that I wanted so I asked if they would allow me to trade in Left 4 Dead 2 and buy it back right away, and they said sure if you want to and looked at me as if I was an idiot that would be losing a bunch of money even after I tried to explain that I would be breaking even after my edge bonus on the trade and resale. (Technically I came out ahead as you will see in a sec)
I left the 2 games I had picked out with them and went out to my car to get L4D2 and 3 other games. With edge card and $5 (20/4) bonus I got $38 TIV for L4D2.

Total on the to buy MW2, NGS2, L4D2 was $99 (55+55+55-55-11 edge discount) so 33 each (99/3). So i got the two games I wanted for $33 each (including MW2; it's ok to be jealous) and made $5 TIV profit on L4D2.

I did it as one transaction and got credit for all of the games. Just make sure that you double check everything before you sign, if it isn't right make them get it right.

Base TIV 12/11
X360
Far Cry 2 - 7.50
GTA 4 - 6.50
Red Faction: Guerilla - 13

PS3
Midnight Club: LA - 7.50

Wii
GH: SH - 8.50

:360:
assassins creed $5.75
rock band beatles $18.25
last remnant $5.
star wars force unleashed $2 (does not qualify)
nhl 10 $19

picked up god war collection, red faction, resident evil 5, mirrors edge, wanted, raiden. did it all in one transaction and the computer took care of the free games correctly.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Same type of thing happened to me, and I had them cancel the whole transaction and went back the next day with a different game. Luckily I have a GS 2 miles away from my office.[/QUOTE]

yeah im not that fortunate tho of course haha, plus i dont have my own car right now so i can never really get out there so i was SOL

Wait is the deal back for trading 3/4 games for an extra $10/20?
When did this start back up again?

Crud, I might have enough games to trade, BUT there is nothing I want from Gamestop after I used up my credit from the last trade in deal.

$55 used or $60 new plus tax at Gamestop, when everything I want is $39.99 or cheaper at Amazon/eBay/elsewhere.

Might be worth it if I just hold on to the credit for a few months when all those games will automatically drop to the $29.99 & below price?
Then again, knowing Gamestop, they've been holding CoD WAW at $49-55 used for over an entire year.

12/11/09

Xbox 360
L4D2 - 30.00
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - 30.00
Halo 3 ODST - 25.50
Mirror's Edge - 5.75

PS3
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga - 9.50
Dragon Age Origins - 23.25

12/11 (all base, before bonus)

Xbox 360:
GTA IV - 6.50
Far Cry 2 - 7.50
Red Faction: Guerilla - 13.00
Fallout 3 - 8.75

PS3:
Fallout 3 - 7.00
GT5 Prologue - 9.50
GRID - 6.75
The Bigs 2 - 8.00

[quote name='jp0213']Updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

jp..thanks for the good work!

12/10

bigs 2 8.00
chronicles of riddick assault 5.00
Medal of honor airbourne 5.50
ninja blade 7.50
terminator salvation 1.50 HUGE DROP!

wii
bigs 2, the 8.00
carnival games 6.25
my sims kingdom 6.00
my sims party 3.00
sonic and the black knight 9.25

ps3
guitar hero world tour 2.75

ps2
college hoops 2k7 .30
ff xii 3.75
nhl 08 1.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WTFer']Crud, I might have enough games to trade, BUT there is nothing I want from Gamestop after I used up my credit from the last trade in deal.

$55 used or $60 new plus tax at Gamestop, when everything I want is $39.99 or cheaper at Amazon/eBay/elsewhere.

Might be worth it if I just hold on to the credit for a few months when all those games will automatically drop to the $29.99 & below price?
Then again, knowing Gamestop, they've been holding CoD WAW at $49-55 used for over an entire year.[/QUOTE]

WAW is 26.99 ish last time i was in there.

If I knew the local GS store wouldn't charge refurb fees on the 2 PS3 games I got for $2 each from a local shop disc only(Assassin's Creed, MGS4) I'd try to trade them, F.E.A.R. 2 and Fallout 3 from the HWV $5 sale for about $50 in credit.

But I know that the GS employees all seem to follow the new mandate of trying to soak customers with as many refurb fees as possible.

TIV as of 12/12/09

Xbox 360
Halo Wars $13.75
Halo 3 $12.00
Lego Rock band $15.50
UFC 2009 $15.00
Far Cry 2 $7.50
Street Fighter 4 $3.50

PS3
Resistance 2 $6.25
Metal Gear Solid 4 $7.50
Grand Theft Auto 4 $5.75
Fallout 3 $7.00
UFC 2009 $15.00
Far Cry 2 $6.50
MLB 09 $8.00
Godfather 2 $8.00

Wii
Guitar Hero : Smash Hits $8.00

All today 12/12/09

Xbox 360
Eternal Sonata $7.75

Wii
Wario Ware Smooth Moves $8.00

Playstation 3
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction $7.50
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune $9.50

You have just found the only safe, proven and permanent natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction with a 100% money-back guarantee.

Erectile Dysfunction affects most men at some time in their lives, and for some it is more than just a temporary problem. Bathmate helps with these problems, and improves the lives of virtually all who use it. Remember that you want natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction. The Bathmate hydropump provides this!

Doctors have prescribed (and even designed) pumps for erectile dysfunction for many years. But are they natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction? The Bathmate hydropump, designed by engineers, not doctors, is the first and only ump that uses water, termed hydropump. The innovation of water for penis pumps makes for supreme efficiency and safety. The Bathmate mimics the effect that is achieved during a natural erection in the way that it draws blood into the penile blood vessels. The Bathmate hydropump exercises the penis and moves blood into vascular areas which may not have been able to carry as much blood before. By encouraging more blood to flow freely through these veins the Bathmate hydropump has been found to be highly beneficial to men experiencing erectile dysfunction and to provide natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction.

natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction

Bathmate hydropump has been proven to have a positive effect from even the first session and when used regularly erection problems soon become a thing of the past.

The Bathmate hydropump gives every man the opportunity to achieve his greatest sexual potential!

Erectile dysfunction (ED or "male impotence") is a sexual dysfunction characterized by the inability to develop or maintain an erection of the penis sufficient for satisfactory sexual performance. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate provides the best solution to erectile dysfuntion in the USA and worldwide. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction are the best.

Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability of a man to maintain a firm erection long enough to have sex. Although erectile dysfunction is more common in older men, this common problem can occur at any age. Having trouble maintaining an erection from time to time isn't necessarily a cause for concern. But if the problem is ongoing, it can cause stress and relationship problems and affect self-esteem. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate provides the most comprehensive and complete solution to erectile dysfuntion in the USA and worldwide. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction are the are safe.

An erection occurs as a hydraulic effect due to blood entering and being retained in sponge-like bodies within the penis. The process is most often initiated as a result of sexual arousal, when signals are transmitted from the brain to nerves in the pelvis. Erectile dysfunction is indicated when an erection is consistently difficult or impossible to produce, despite arousal. There are various and often multiple underlying causes, some of which are treatable medical conditions. The most important organic causes are cardiovascular disease and diabetes, neurological problems (for example, trauma from prostatectomy surgery), hormonal insufficiencies (hypogonadism) and drug side effects. It is important to realize that erectile dysfunction can signal underlying risk for cardiovascular disease. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate provides is totally natural and safe. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction have no side effects.

Buy the best natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction.

Formerly called impotence, erectile dysfunction was once a taboo subject. It was considered a psychological issue or a natural consequence of growing older. These attitudes have changed in recent years. It's now known that erectile dysfunction is more often caused by physical problems than by psychological ones, and that many men have normal erections into their 80s. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate provides the best solution to erectile dysfuntion in the USA and worldwide. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction last the longest.

There is often a contributing and complicating and sometimes a primary psychological or relational problem. Psychological impotence is where erection or penetration fails due to thoughts or feelings (psychological reasons) rather than physical impossibility; this can often be helped. Notably in psychological impotence, there is a strong response to placebo treatment. Erectile dysfunction, tied closely as it is to cultural notions of potency, success and masculinity, can have severe psychological consequences. There is a strong culture of silence and inability to discuss the matter. In reality, it has been estimated that around 1 in 10 men will experience recurring impotence problems at some point in their lives. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate is the easiest to use and safest penis pump in the USA and worldwide. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction are easiest to use.

Although it can be embarrassing to talk with your doctor about sexual issues, seeking help for erectile dysfunction can be worth the effort. Erectile dysfunction treatments ranging from medications to surgery can help restore sexual function for most men. Sometimes erectile dysfunction is caused by an underlying condition such as heart disease. So it's important to take erectile trouble seriously because it can be a sign of a more serious health problem. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate provides the least expensive in the USA and worldwide. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction are lower cost.

Buy the best Bathmate

Besides treating the underlying causes and psychological consequences, the first line treatment of erectile dysfunction consists of a trial of PDE5 inhibitor drugs (the first of which was sildenafil or Viagra). In some cases, treatment can involve prostaglandin tablets in the urethra, intracavernous injections with a fine needle into the penis that cause swelling, a penile prosthesis, a penis pump or vascular reconstructive surgery. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate provides the most most effective solution to erectile dysfuntion in the USA and worldwide. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction are the most effective.

Erectile dysfunction is the inability to maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse at least 25 percent of the time. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate provides the least invasive and bothersome solution to erectile dysfuntion in the USA and worldwide. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction are less invasive.

The Latin term impotentia coeundi describes simple inability to insert the penis into the vagina. It is now mostly replaced by more precise terms. The study of erectile dysfunction within medicine is covered by andrology, a sub-field within urology. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate provides the most fun and enjoyable solution to erectile dysfuntion in the USA and worldwide. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction are more fun to use.

An occasional inability to maintain an erection happens to most men and is normal. But ongoing erection problems are a sign of erectile dysfunction and should be evaluated. In some cases, erectile dysfunction is the first sign of another underlying health condition that needs treatment. The Bathmate hydropump by Bathmate provides the best results out of all penis pumping solutions to erectile dysfuntion in the USA and worldwide. Natural remedies for impotence & erectile dysfunction provide the best results.

Buy the best Bathmate/B>.

[quote name='sabanoo']I hope this gets added to the database. I wonder what the TIV is for hydropumps...[/QUOTE]
I called, hydropumps are like a dollar. Total ripoff, Amazon gives more.

[quote name='jp0213']I called, hydropumps are like a dollar. Total ripoff, Amazon gives more.[/QUOTE]

Just tried to trade one in, the girl looked at me weird for some reason.

[quote name='jp0213']Multi-platform.[/QUOTE]

The Wii one is $4. Theres a special attachment for the Wii that you have to sell with it though.

I know this has probably been asked before, so sorry. Can I trade a mix of PS3 and 360 games for the trade 3/4 promo? I have 2 each and am looking to pick up MW2.

[quote name='bgame2']Just tried to trade one in, the girl looked at me weird for some reason.[/QUOTE]

What kind of weird? Some girls are into that sort of thing.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I know this has probably been asked before, so sorry. Can I trade a mix of PS3 and 360 games for the trade 3/4 promo? I have 2 each and am looking to pick up MW2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's totally fine.

[quote name='jp0213']Multi-platform.[/QUOTE]

You sure? I thought the 360 version came in one of the holiday bundles, a two-pack with Leisure Suit Larry. Would have thought that might bump the value down.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If I knew the local GS store wouldn't charge refurb fees on the 2 PS3 games I got for $2 each from a local shop disc only(Assassin's Creed, MGS4) I'd try to trade them, F.E.A.R. 2 and Fallout 3 from the HWV $5 sale for about $50 in credit.

But I know that the GS employees all seem to follow the new mandate of trying to soak customers with as many refurb fees as possible.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had never been charged the fee till 2 weeks ago....never. Now I've been charged it on various games on 4 different trade ins. F%&kin LAME!

[quote name='hobomatt']12/12/09

PS3:
BioShock: $6
Bigs 2: $8
Fallout 3: $7
Guitar Hero World Tour: $2.75

360:
UFC: $15[/QUOTE]

bioshock looks juicy at that price, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back