GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Base TIV 2/1/10, all Xbox 360

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader: 6.00
Halo 3: 6.00
Orange Box: 7.00
Civilization Revolution: 6.75
Family Game Night 12.00
Assassins Creed: 5.75
Bioshock: 6.75
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising: 10.00
Blitz II: 2.25

FWIW, I traded in the first 7 of the list (decided to keep the last 2) & ended up with $105.34 after Edge & $50 bonus.

Made a couple of trips to gamestop last weekend. this doesnt include the 7/$50 bonus or 10% edge thingy

Far Cry 2 (360): $7.00
Super Mario Galaxy: $9.00
Orange Box: $7.00
Fallout 3 (360): $6.25
Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD: $7.50
Bioshock: $6.75
Battlefield Bad Company: $7.00

2nd trip:

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (360): $8.00
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts: $6.00
Burnout Paradise (ps3): $6.50
Dead Rising: $5.75
Heavenly Sword: $6.25
Mirror's Edge (360): $5.75
MLB 09 The Show: $6.75

pretty satisfied since I got like $206 in credit for games I hadnt played in months or had already passed.

[quote name='kyoichi']@.@ WHOA! 5 out of the 7 games you traded in were games that I really wanted!!! >.< Now I hate GS even more. I coulda bought them off of you... T.T[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ets']I would of given you 15![/QUOTE]

:wall:

Can we ban people that continually post this stuff? If you don't have anything to add to the thread please GTFO! Nobody cares what games you wanted or what you would pay.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']:wall:

Can we ban people that continually post this stuff? If you don't have anything to add to the thread please GTFO! Nobody cares what games you wanted or what you would pay.[/QUOTE]

Omg, i love your post, i would have given 5 dollars......

JK

Traded in Phantasy Star Universe (360) for 5.50
Lord of the Rings Conquest for (360) 5
Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast for (360) 15
and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (360) for 15

A few of the old $5+ games i posted about earlier were still $5+! ...edit... the others weren't valid anymore. I forgot to get the new values, but only asked them to check if > $5+, so I only know that Warhammer Battle March and Stormrise are less than $5 even though more than that in OP

2/2 TIV's

PS3:
Conflict: Denied Ops - $6.00
PS3 Eye Camera - $6.25

360:
America's Army: True Soldier - $7.25
Civilization Revolution - $6.25
NBA 2k10 - $12.00
Phantasy Star Universe - $5.75
Simpsons Game - $7
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $6.00

Here are some more values 2/2/2010

:ps3:
Fracture - 1.25
Star Wars:FU - 2.50
Marvel:UA - 7.25
Fallout 3 (original) - 5.75
Dead Space - 6.00

:wii:
Pokemon Battle Revolution - 8.25
Mario Super Sluggers - 15.00
Big League Sports - 5.25
Fire Emblem:RD - 8.25
Wario Ware:SM - 8.25
Sonic and the Secret Rings - 3.50
Wii Fit (no board) - 3.50

The suprise for me was the Big League Sports. I know my Sis-in-law picked it up at big lots for dirt cheap. I never even played it....

Anyway, with the Edge card and this promo, I got 132.25 credit back, so it's fine with me. Now I am just waiting for the next B2G1 sale, and I can cash in.

Belgarath the Ancient One

I pre-ordered the Episodes From Liberty City for PS3 today and used up $42.39 of my $200+ in credit and I also cancelled a pre-order I made for God Of War III during the FTF trade-in blitz.

Funny thing is, they gave me $5 CASH back again, even though I paid for it with credit.;) I didn't complain.

If they keep doing that with EVERY pre-order I make and then cancel, I think I know how I might be able to cash out some of this GS credit without losing a dime.:D

Of course, I just had them look it up by my name in the system and didn't bring in the receipt from the pre-order, not that I would've been able to since I think I lost it a while back.:cry:

as of 2/2

mass effect 2 $35.00

(don't start calling me crazy, I know it's an incredible game. i finished the 360 version and will pick up the pc version later on. ended up being $47.xx after power trade and edge bonuses)

I was looking to trade NBA2k10 at gamestop and saw I was only going to get $16 bucks which wasn't bad since I bought it for $20 new. But I happened across amazon's trade in stuff and found I could get $30 for it in store credit. I don't trade games in very often, but I was pleasantly surprised with the added value I'm receiving. Just wanted to help some people out by saying check amazon's TIV first to make sure you're getting the most for your games. Granted you have to send your game to Amazon, but they pay for that.

Sorry to change the direction of the thread and thanks OP for providing all this great info!

[quote name='Bonesinski']I was looking to trade NBA2k10 at gamestop and saw I was only going to get $16 bucks which wasn't bad since I bought it for $20 new. But I happened across amazon's trade in stuff and found I could get $30 for it in store credit. I don't trade games in very often, but I was pleasantly surprised with the added value I'm receiving. Just wanted to help some people out by saying check amazon's TIV first to make sure you're getting the most for your games. Granted you have to send your game to Amazon, but they pay for that.

Sorry to change the direction of the thread and thanks OP for providing all this great info![/QUOTE]

it dropped to $12 too, wish i knew that before i went. with extra 8 from bonuses i couldn't complain though since i too got it for about 20.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']:wall:

Can we ban people that continually post this stuff? If you don't have anything to add to the thread please GTFO! Nobody cares what games you wanted or what you would pay.[/QUOTE]

You want to ban people that are offering to pay more for games that people are currently trading? What if someone else has the game and notices they can sell it on CAG for more?

I'd rather have a CAG make $10 more selling and another CAG spend $10 less buying than watch GameStop make $20.

[quote name='hallowicious']You want to ban people that are offering to pay more for games that people are currently trading? What if someone else has the game and notices they can sell it on CAG for more?

I'd rather have a CAG make $10 more selling and another CAG spend $10 less buying than watch GameStop make $20.[/QUOTE]

Do you really think the people that post "I'd have given you $5 more than GS/EB did for that game" are seriously looking to initiate a deal in this thread by posting that? All that crap does is clutter up the thread. They don't contribute anything. This thread is for posting TiVs and discussing the current trade in deals at GS/EB. If someone wants to buy or trade games there are appropriate forums for that. They can go there and post "I'll pay $5 more than the GS/EB TiV for any game you are going to trade in" and then see how many people are willing to make a deal with them. :roll:

The problem, as Glock just alluded to, is that almost no one that is reporting TIVs is looking to make a trade. If they are reporting TIVs, 95%+ of the time, they already traded the games in. Also, offering $5 more or something along those lines is a joke, because that extra money is eaten up by shipping, materials, and PayPal fees.

[quote name='gospelman']as of 2/2

mass effect 2 $35.00

(don't start calling me crazy, I know it's an incredible game. i finished the 360 version and will pick up the pc version later on. ended up being $47.xx after power trade and edge bonuses)[/QUOTE]
My local Gamestop's sign is saying $25 dollars, nice deal you got.

[quote name='dgwillia006']As long as you get another console, and it works, you should o_O[/QUOTE]

Yeah, trying to pick up a PS3 for my brother as a present and I found my PSP1000 that I havent used in about 2 and a half years.
Getting $65 off the PS3 wouldnt be that bad for trading in the 1000.

Just stopped in and traded in these games today-

Brutal Legend (PS3)- $9 OUCH!
COD: MW2 (PS3)- $23

Scored 44.40 with edge and trade, horrible drop on Brutal Legend, I thought the game was pretty horrible aside from the script/voice acting, so I'm happy to get rid of it. Traded in MW2 because my local Target had 5 copies of the Hardened edition on clearance for $39.98! 5 for PS3 and about 8 for 360!

2/2 Base Trade-in Values

:ps3:
Bioshock 6.75
Burnout Paradise 6.50

:360:
Battlefield Bad Company 7.00
Cloudy with a Chance... 12.75
Fallout 3 6.25
Mirror's Edge 5.75
Orange Box 7.00

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Do you really think the people that post "I'd have given you $5 more than GS/EB did for that game" are seriously looking to initiate a deal in this thread by posting that? All that crap does is clutter up the thread. They don't contribute anything. This thread is for posting TiVs and discussing the current trade in deals at GS/EB. If someone wants to buy or trade games there are appropriate forums for that. They can go there and post "I'll pay $5 more than the GS/EB TiV for any game you are going to trade in" and then see how many people are willing to make a deal with them. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Once people are willing to pay $5 dollars more then GS after edge and max current promo and shipping/paypal fees then I'll listen to them. But since I doubt that will ever happen I continue to ignore them.

Here are my trades from last week.
:ds:
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 1.25
Personal Trainer: Cooking 2.50
Cooking Mama 8.00
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in 4.25
Big Brain Academy 2.25
DS Carry Case 0.80
DS Lite System 45.00 (Big Increase and I used it with plus $30 to get a 360 arcade system no problem)

:psp:
The Bigs 2 5.75

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 2.50

[quote name='eggsbennydict']Just stopped in and traded in these games today-

Brutal Legend (PS3)- $9 OUCH!
COD: MW2 (PS3)- $23

Scored 44.40 with edge and trade, horrible drop on Brutal Legend, I thought the game was pretty horrible aside from the script/voice acting, so I'm happy to get rid of it. Traded in MW2 because my local Target had 5 copies of the Hardened edition on clearance for $39.98! 5 for PS3 and about 8 for 360![/QUOTE]

ill buy ur brutal legend for 10-15$ +shipping
u better of selling ur games at ebay dude..really

im sorry, i dont want to try to troll or anything
i get so many information out of this community
but why do u guys want to trade ur games to gamespot?
when u can get much more money out selling on ebay or other site...

lol, im just asking not trolling
dude, if a newbie have an opinion doesnt mean always trolling

im seriously asking WHY would u sell ur games...u better off selling to someone else rather giving money to gs..

dont take it the wrong way, last year i bought l4d2 for 30$ at GS, i love these kind o deals but i just dont get it why people want to sell their games on gs for LESS money..

[quote name='tengikboy']im sorry, i dont want to try to troll or anything
when u can get much more money out selling on ebay or other site...[/QUOTE]

Start showing me cases where you can make much more on ebay over gamestop. Please factor in Gamestop Promo and edge, as well as paypal fees, ebay fees and shipping charges.

More often then not you come out about even. There are some cases where GS wins out big time, and there are some cases where Ebay wins out big time.

On any game you sell on Ebay, just assume about $3-8 is going to shipping and fees. $3 is if you sell a game at .99 cents and $8 is around if you sell a game for $60.

2/3 Base Trade-in Values

America's Army : True Soldiers 7.00
Battlefield Bad Company 7.00
Cloudy with a Chance... 12.25
Fallout 3 : Broken Steel and Point Lookout 6.00
Lego Star Wars : Complete Saga 8.00
Mirror's Edge 5.50
Planet 51 10.50

[quote name='tengikboy']lol, im just asking not trolling
dude, if a newbie have an opinion doesnt mean always trolling

im seriously asking WHY would u sell ur games...u better off selling to someone else rather giving money to gs..

dont take it the wrong way, last year i bought l4d2 for 30$ at GS, i love these kind o deals but i just dont get it why people want to sell their games on gs for LESS money..[/QUOTE]

Because someone posts the TIV on here, it does not mean they actually traded anything in. The more information we have as a community on this site, the better decisions our cheap asses can make. The TIVs for Gamestop are about information, and like denbo said above, factor in promos and EDGE and you may come out with much more.

Think GS will take my 3 copies of punch out wii along with my Batman AA 360. I want to put it towards a pre order of GOW3 ultimate. I guess if not Amazon will. I have only traded at GS once but the trade in 4 bonus makes GS the better deal

360:

West Jordan, Utah Jordan Landing Store:

Battlestations Midway: $3.25 (.32 edge, $3.57)
Half Life 2 Orange Box: $7.00 (.70 egde, 6.25 Promo, $13.95)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter: $.95 ($.10 edge, $1.05)
Assassins Creed: $5.75 ($.58 edge, $6.25 Promo, $12.58)
Ace Combat 6: $9.00 ($.90 edge, $6.25 Promo, $16.15)
Elder Scrolls: 1V OblivionGOTY Edition: $9.75 (.98 edge, $6.25 promo)

Total of $64.28, one of the better deals gamestop has had recently, thanks for the headsup.

[quote name='Denbo32']Start showing me cases where you can make much more on ebay over gamestop. Please factor in Gamestop Promo and edge, as well as paypal fees, ebay fees and shipping charges.

More often then not you come out about even. There are some cases where GS wins out big time, and there are some cases where Ebay wins out big time.

On any game you sell on Ebay, just assume about $3-8 is going to shipping and fees. $3 is if you sell a game at .99 cents and $8 is around if you sell a game for $60.[/QUOTE]

hell show me how to make any profit on ebay these days besides rare games. People are cutting throats left and right to make a quick sale on there. IDK why someone would sell something on there, lets say, sealed for a price they found it at a store basically.. i can see selling a 20 dollar bought game for 50 or 45 but when you list the sonofabitch at 22.50... helllllo youre not making money jackass....

as you can see i am a little frustrated with ebay these days so now I deal with you wonderful folk (fellow CAGers!)

/rant.

back on topic

Does anyone know if you can trade multiple systems toward a new system and get the extra $30 for each system you trade? Reason I ask is because I'm considering trading in a PSP, DS, and a broken PS3. So if I could get $30 extra for each one, this would be wonderful!

[quote name='anthfett06']Does anyone know if you can trade multiple systems toward a new system and get the extra $30 for each system you trade? Reason I ask is because I'm considering trading in a PSP, DS, and a broken PS3. So if I could get $30 extra for each one, this would be wonderful![/QUOTE]
That is going to be a HUGE YMMV.

Here is what I traded today Feb 3 2010 (base values)

:wii: Wii
Pikmin @6.25
Punch-Out @19

:360: 360
Konami Classics Vol 1 @5.25
Overlord @5.25
Mirror's Edge @5.50
Infinite Undiscovery @5.75
Batman: Arkham Asylum @15

[quote name='anthfett06']Does anyone know if you can trade multiple systems toward a new system and get the extra $30 for each system you trade? Reason I ask is because I'm considering trading in a PSP, DS, and a broken PS3. So if I could get $30 extra for each one, this would be wonderful![/QUOTE]

You'll only get upped for one of the systems if you try to trade them all in at once.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']hell show me how to make any profit on ebay these days besides rare games. People are cutting throats left and right to make a quick sale on there. IDK why someone would sell something on there, lets say, sealed for a price they found it at a store basically.. i can see selling a 20 dollar bought game for 50 or 45 but when you list the sonofabitch at 22.50... helllllo youre not making money jackass....

as you can see i am a little frustrated with ebay these days so now I deal with you wonderful folk (fellow CAGers!)

/rant.

back on topic[/QUOTE]

You're 100% correct. Making money on eBay is not as easy as people seem to believe. We're in a recession, so people are not buying as many luxury items. And because so many people are losing their jobs, getting their pay cut, or taking lesser positions, they are turning to trying to sell stuff on eBay, simply increasing the competition.

Hmmmm...Okay thanks for the input. I may try it anyways. Anyone have any other suggestions of how I could go about doing it? Can you put money towards a system like you can with a preorder?

[quote name='tengikboy']im sorry, i dont want to try to troll or anything
when u can get much more money out selling on ebay or other site...[/QUOTE]

I think this is one of the people I blasted a few pages back for wasting people's time in this thread just playing a joke. No way this is serious but I'll answer for some reason beyond my understanding.

GS/EB might not have the best base TiVs, but if you factor in Edge and trade in during the best promos you are usually in the same boat if you trading in via Amazon or sold it on ebay.

With GS/EB, you bring a game in, and walk out with credit instantly. With Amazon you risk being rejected and you have to wait for your credit. With ebay, its even more of a crapshoot, you have to pay fees and shipping plus risk someone trying to chargeback/scam you. In the end you probably make less than a few bucks more per game, if that. Is that worth the hassle? There is a value to walking in and walking out with credit with no questions asked.

I'm trying to offload my spare 360 for this +30 deal myself. However, no GS within a 100 mile radius is selling new PS3s.

How often does Gamestop restock these things? I've called two and neither one thinks they'll get any before the promotion ends.

Base TIV 2/3/10

Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto Episodes Lib City $15.00
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits $9.50
Lost Odyssey $8.75
Mass Effect 2 $35.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $15.00

PS3
Wolfenstein $8.50

Nintendo Wii
TMNT Smash up $8.50

Status