GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shockdrop']If I get a used game on store credit at one GS, I can return it to another store for a credit refund, right?[/QUOTE]

As long as you have the receipt and it's within the return period.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I was also going to use my built up credit to buy a ps3 or wii and they had neither. So I just ended buying it online. This is my first time ordering from gamestop.com what kind of shipping do they use? UPS or USPS? also how long does it usually take for your order to arrive. I used the saver shipping and it says from 5-10 bus days to ship and 1-2 to ship. Does it really take this long for it to get to me?[/QUOTE]

both they use ups and usps it just depends on the shipping type you choose. if you did free super saver chances are youll get it through usps.

Ok I was thinking about trading in Left 4 Dead 2 maybe tomorrow. I know no one is a psychic in here, but do you think it will stay the same by then? I wonder how long it will take GS to adjust the TIV (because of the ME 2 trick.)

Here's My Haul for tonight:

PS3:

Infamous: $12.00
Uncharted: $9.50
Metal Gear Solid 4: $9.50
Uncharted 2: $24.75

Xbox 360:
Call Of Juarez: BIB $10.00
Left 4 Dead 2: $29.75
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $10.00
Watchmen: $4.25
Mx Vs Atv Reflex: $11.75
Bayonetta: $23.00
Rogue Warrior: $13.75
50 Cent: Blood In The Sand $7.00
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $8.00
Brutal Legend: $8.25
Madden NFL 2010: $23.75
Star Wars CWRH: $15.00
Resident Evil 5: $6.50
Golden Axe: Beast Rider $1.75
Fifa Soccer 2010: $21.50
Mass Effect 2: $35.00
Army of Two: 40th Day $22.00

WII:
Mario Power Tennis: $15.00

Total WITH 50% Trade-In and 10% Edge : $515.24

The funniest part? I had 570.00 in Credit from the last 50% trade special, and the max is apparently $1000.00.....so they had to put it on a seperate card lol. Damn you CAG for making me a CREDIT WHORE!!! hahahahaha....

Bigriggy63

[quote name='brother bendu']Ok I was thinking about trading in Left 4 Dead 2 maybe tomorrow. I know no one is a psychic in here, but do you think it will stay the same by then? I wonder how long it will take GS to adjust the TIV (because of the ME 2 trick.)[/QUOTE] #-o#-othen why the %^^* ask?#-o

man, I'm blown away the number of groups (+7) new gen games under $14 base, but over $5 TIVs being traded in today Vs Sunday...must be a fever!

No, I don't think L4D2 will hold the same TIV; however, you will still get a decent amount back.

The reason I don't think so is because I traded in on Saturday at that price. There's been a lot of people selling in more L4D2's and I'm sure it'll drop a few dollars tomorrow, but I'd only think it would drop a few dollars.

[quote name='flagg1216']You and a lot of people seem to forget that gs makes no effort to hide the fact that "we reserve the right to refuse any trade or return." If you are going to take advantage of a promotion, why wouldn't they stop it.

Call me a dick, douche, whatever you want but I call other stores to warn them about shady transactions. I would also be the guy who refuses the return on heavy rain when an item was bought with the coupon. Why would I let someone rip off my employer? I have a family to support and I need to do what I can to ensure my company remains in business. If that makes me an asshole then so be it. I am just thankful I don't work at GS. My store does not do nearly the business of a GS or have as many promotions. With the amount of people we have trying to rip us off I can't imagine what gs employees must go through. I have a good relationship with many managers of local GS, GC, and play and trade stores. There is nothing greater then refusing a trade in of obviously stolen games/systems and calling the other stores giving them the heads up so they can refuse it too!!

I will however also say that I treat my customers extremely well and quite often do returns/exchanges and other things I shouldn't do to help customers. It is pretty easy to read people and spot the ones with legitimate issues over those trying to rip my store off.

I guess the bottom line as I started off with regarding GS is "WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY RETURN" its printed on the back of every receipt and posted in their stores. Also "TRADES ARE SUBJECT TO MANAGER APPROVAL". That is also on every receipt and posted in their stores.[/QUOTE]

I am not going to call you anything, but you obviously did not read what I originally wrote.

I agree with you completely on the issue of not allowing a full refund return on Heavy Rain when a person has used a coupon on another game.
I also already agreed that it makes sense to deny and report any sale or trade that involves possible fraud.

That said to answer your first question, "If you are going to take advantage of a promotion, why wouldn't they stop it?" is this:

Promoting something like this and then refusing it once you get them into the store is both false advertising/bait-and-switch and more importantly could cost the store customers in the long run.

I think what you meant is "If you are going to abuse a promotion, why wouldn't they stop it?", and the answer is, of course they would. I would expect them to stop someone from buying and selling the game back to them multiple times. They even include the fine print "No dealers" in just about every offer.
However, if I legitimately purchase a game and get a discount only because I bought another game at full price I should be able to sell the 1 discounted game back to them at whatever price they are offering everyone else at that point in time whether I come out behind or ahead. That is not ripping anyone off. I think most people would agree that trading in 1 game the same day you bought it does not make you a dealer. There are a number of valid reasons the fine print is there, but I do not believe this is one of them.

If they tell me they can't buy it back because they know I got it for a good price (which is exactly what they were going to do before they knew about the possible pre-order) but then are willing to buy it back from the next guy that walks in the store, that is not right. No one is getting ripped off. If GS does not want to honor the 50% bonus for that game or lower the pre-bonus TIV then they should do it for everyone, but once again, no one is being tricked, fooled, ripped off, defrauded, cheated, conned or any other similar word you might use. Additionally, there is no reason to "warn" another store that someone might trade in a legitimately purchased game.

It is obvious that the only reason the employee called the other store was not to "keep the store from getting ripped off" but rather to act like he was preventing a dealer from making multiple trades to make himself look good and ruin someones day at the same time. (some people get enjoyment off of that sort of thing)

i don't think you'll see any changes this week, besides ME2, but if they are running commercials saying the trade in value, then it won't change while they are running adverts

prithy?

Traded in CoD:MW2 for PS3 for $34.50. I only paid $30 for it from gamefly so a great deal for me and I picked up MAG!

i don't see a problem with people getting Heavy Rain for a good price. The purchasing multiple copies of the deal (2 heavy rains, 2 ME2s) so they get a free copy of heavy rain is border-line dealer-esque and I probably wouldn't allow that.

Multiple flips of Mass Effect 2 by the same person I feel falls under the same category as previously mentioned.

Man, this thread blew up. I might end up trading in a bit more than I expected, if only because once GameStop has all of this used stock they might push a B2G1 sale sooner than later ... I forget, do they typically have one in the spring?

Also, I have a 360 chatpad I'm looking to trade in; does anyone know if they require the wired headset with it for any reason, or would they count the headset as a separate used item?

[quote name='lunker']Man, this thread blew up. I might end up trading in a bit more than I expected, if only because once GameStop has all of this used stock they might push a B2G1 sale sooner than later ... I forget, do they typically have one in the spring?

Also, I have a 360 chatpad I'm looking to trade in; does anyone know if they require the wired headset with it for any reason, or would they count the headset as a separate used item?[/QUOTE]

Chatpad goes by itself, headset as another item.

[quote name='jp0213']Chatpad goes by itself, headset as another item.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. It's kind of ironic that the wired headset nets 25 cents more credit than the chatpad, though. :p

z24buddy - I'm very critical of deal abusers. I've read all of your posts and it doesn't seem like you were the worst guy, but you don't know how many other people they had come in do the same thing.

Also, he scanned your card and very possibly could see when the last credit was put on your account, and from where. So you said you weren't even at the other store and you might've been acting funny too.

These promos aren't for people like you to take advantage of. These promos are for people selling their own games so they can buy newer or other games. So really we don't care if you were unsatisfied that they didn't let you do your shady things. When real gamers and CAGS have complaints, that's when we'll listen.

Have a nice day.

Updated lists and database.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill."

These are values I just got before EDGE and 50% extra:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 $2
Dragon Age $19.25
Fight Night round 3 $3.50
X Blades $4.80
MLB 07 $0.70

[quote name='donut']#-o#-othen why the %^^* ask?#-o

man, I'm blown away the number of groups (+7) new gen games under $14 base, but over $5 TIVs being traded in today Vs Sunday...must be a fever![/QUOTE]

I asked because I can LOL. I never traded in games to GS, so I was asking this community since I know people in here know the way GS handle these promotions.

Also you don't have to be an ass about it. That why I said the psychic line, for people like you won't take my question the wrong way.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']No, I don't think L4D2 will hold the same TIV; however, you will still get a decent amount back.

The reason I don't think so is because I traded in on Saturday at that price. There's been a lot of people selling in more L4D2's and I'm sure it'll drop a few dollars tomorrow, but I'd only think it would drop a few dollars.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering my question in a RESPECTABLE and HONORABLE manner. I appreciate it.

[quote name='usgambit']These are values I just got before EDGE and 50% extra:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 $2
Dragon Age $19.25
Fight Night round 3 $3.50
X Blades $4.80
MLB 07 $0.70[/QUOTE]
Console?

Jp0213, how do you actually find time to play these games when you're always updating this list, lol.
I just wanted to say I think you deserve a big THANK YOU.
And despite all the arguing and complaining, your work is appreciated.

If memory serves me right, there should be a B2G1 free some time in March. That's when they ran one last year and even the lady that did my trade ins today agreed that they might push one pretty soon cause of all the trade ins they were getting. As for the guy who had over 1000$ credit saved up, you are my hero! If they had B2G1 free on systems, you'd be set lmfao!

[quote name='sandman8288']Jp0213, how do you actually find time to play these games when you're always updating this list, lol.
I just wanted to say I think you deserve a big THANK YOU.
And despite all the arguing and complaining, your work is appreciated.[/QUOTE]
I actually don't own a console newer than Xbox/PS2. I had a PS3 and 360 but got rid of both of them. I have switched primarily to PC gaming. Normally this list isn't as much of a....chore as it is and will be for the next week or so. I figure at that point things will have slowed down to normal. That and I've burnt myself out on games a little bit by running through Star Trek: Online.

The next B2G1 will probably be around the Game Days sale. That's just my guess though. I think that brings the total number of CAGs I've seen that have hit the $1000 mark up to 11.

[quote name='lokizz']both they use ups and usps it just depends on the shipping type you choose. if you did free super saver chances are youll get it through usps.[/QUOTE]

Even though I bought a Wii and a game? I can't imagine a mailman carrying such a big package (no pun intended). I called up a couple of my local GS to see if they had any Wii's in stock but no dice and I asked how they shipped if I ordered online and he said UPS. Just wanted to see what you guys said

I used my $37 or so in store credit to purchase a new copy of Blaz Blue for the PS3. However after finding out another GS store nearby had a new sealed copy of Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 for the same exact price, I promptly exchanged it.

[quote name='jp0213']I actually don't own a console newer than Xbox/PS2. I had a PS3 and 360 but got rid of both of them. I have switched primarily to PC gaming. Normally this list isn't as much of a....chore as it is and will be for the next week or so. I figure at that point things will have slowed down to normal. That and I've burnt myself out on games a little bit by running through Star Trek: Online.

The next B2G1 will probably be around the Game Days sale. That's just my guess though. I think that brings the total number of CAGs I've seen that have hit the $1000 mark up to 11.[/QUOTE]

i currently have $300 in amazon, $120 in gamestop, and $50 at toysrus, and should get another $50 from GS tomorrow. do i get to be part of any list?!

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']z24buddy - I'm very critical of deal abusers. I've read all of your posts and it doesn't seem like you were the worst guy, but you don't know how many other people they had come in do the same thing.

Also, he scanned your card and very possibly could see when the last credit was put on your account, and from where. So you said you weren't even at the other store and you might've been acting funny too.

These promos aren't for people like you to take advantage of. These promos are for people selling their own games so they can buy newer or other games. So really we don't care if you were unsatisfied that they didn't let you do your shady things. When real gamers and CAGS have complaints, that's when we'll listen.

Have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

how is it shady to buy games from gamestop, and trade games to gamestop? whats the difference if i go trade it in right away at another store or i go home and play it for 5 min and decide i dont like it and trade it. just because they messed up and are taking games in for less than they sell them for doesnt make it shady. its being a smart consumer. i work at gamestop and i actually had my boss say that to me today when i bought some games form our store to trade at another store.

[quote name='jp0213']I actually don't own a console newer than Xbox/PS2. I had a PS3 and 360 but got rid of both of them. I have switched primarily to PC gaming. Normally this list isn't as much of a....chore as it is and will be for the next week or so. I figure at that point things will have slowed down to normal. That and I've burnt myself out on games a little bit by running through Star Trek: Online.

The next B2G1 will probably be around the Game Days sale. That's just my guess though. I think that brings the total number of CAGs I've seen that have hit the $1000 mark up to 11.[/QUOTE]

I just hit over $400 credit on my card today. I stated to think how safe is the credit on the card? It would be easy for a Gamestop worker to write the number down and then use it. There really wouldn't be a way to prove that you weren't the one to use the credit. Maybe to be safe we pre order blizzard games to hold the credits instead of having it on the card. God knows those games wont come out any time soon.

[quote name='y2jasper']i currently have $300 in amazon, $120 in gamestop, and $50 at toysrus, and should get another $50 from GS tomorrow. do i get to be part of any list?![/QUOTE]
List of people whose post I read right before saying I'm too tired to keep looking at a computer screen?

[quote name='donut']#-o#-othen why the %^^* ask?#-o

man, I'm blown away the number of groups (+7) new gen games under $14 base, but over $5 TIVs being traded in today Vs Sunday...must be a fever![/QUOTE]

There's a reason for that. Some games that traded for less than the $5 minimum during the last promotion have a higher base TIV now. RE5 (PS3) and MGS4 for example.

[quote name='jp0213']

Hah - I have yet to drop below $1000. And I've only traded one game there all year so far. That would be Mass Effect 2 which just coincidentally I happened to finish up and get all 1015 achievement points on on Sunday night ;).

Funny thing, as I walked in to trade that, I saw one of the employees trading his copy (with the store manager doing the trade). I didn't even need to say a word after that, just plopped mine on the counter. Clearly they knew the score.

As a bonus for my trouble in driving up there, I scored a complete mint Eye of Judgment bundle for $8.99 after Edge. And by complete I mean game, camera, mat, cards, and stand. I've seen ones with the camera and game before (when they were priced higher) but never the complete package like that. I feel sorry for the guy who traded it in as he must have gotten less than that for it.

Holy #%^!$, if this is correct that means he got, like, $1.05 for it. Why on earth!?

Eye of Judgment - $0.70 (11/22/09)

That must have gone up, unless that was a game only trade (though I don't think they take it that way). I mean the game is worth $50+ on eBay new. I was glad to find a complete one as I want to try it out.

[quote name='io']Hah - I have yet to drop below $1000. And I've only traded one game there all year so far. That would be Mass Effect 2 which just coincidentally I happened to finish up and get all 1015 achievement points on on Sunday night ;).

Funny thing, as I walked in to trade that, I saw one of the employees trading his copy (with the store manager doing the trade). I didn't even need to say a word after that, just plopped mine on the counter. Clearly they knew the score.[/QUOTE]

I just wish I had the time and willingness to put in the effort to do these credit build ups that others do.

[quote name='y2jasper']i currently have $300 in amazon, $120 in gamestop, and $50 at toysrus, and should get another $50 from GS tomorrow. do i get to be part of any list?![/QUOTE]

I used to have $600-700 in GS credit, $200-300 in Blockbuster credit(back when they had decent values even without a promo) and about $100+ in TRU credit, along with amounts I made sporadically from both Hollywood Video and the local shops. Although the local shops were strictly CASH trades.

It sucks that Blockbuster HAS the option in their system for cash trades, but it's inactive.:cry:

For those considering straight up cash trades to GS though, if it hasn't been mentioned prior the EDGE 10% discount card DOES work to bump the base values by 10% even on cash trades. Unfortunately, when you opt to take cash the system won't allow any promos to be applied.:cry:

i have looked but has nobody traded the ps3 in since august, i have the 60 gb and want a shiny brand new one. i thinkin about trading it in

[quote name='jp0213']I just wish I had the time and willingness to put in the effort to do these credit build ups that others do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really don't any more either which is why I haven't traded there in a while (for one thing, I have a baby now overdue :shock:). I didn't make a single use of the $50 bonus credit deal, which is astounding to me. I'd usually be all over such things. But I was able to do quite a bit last Fall and in previous years. The amount I have saved up is probably going to be saved for next-gen stuff or maybe things like Natal, etc... I don't forsee having too much time to do this going forward, so I'll just live off this (and my Amazon credit) for a while to satisfy gaming needs.

Now that I finally joined the modern world and signed up for Netflix, I barely have to leave the house any more ;) (at least for game/movie stuff). Of course that reduces my ability to "flip".

What would be the point in building it that high? It's pointless and it's not like your credit is going to grow interest.

It does look pretty easy though if you save most of your games no matter how good of games and then catch a good promo you can get a lot of credit at once. I made $120 from this promo but that was spent on 2 games.

I didn't have a chance to trade in L4D2 tonight - anyone know whether or not the current base value will stay the same overnight?

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']What would be the point in building it that high? It's pointless and it's not like your credit is going to grow interest.

It does look pretty easy though if you save most of your games no matter how good of games and then catch a good promo you can get a lot of credit at once. I made $120 from this promo but that was spent on 2 games.[/QUOTE]

Have you looked at interest rates recently? You aren't going to make anything anywhere else either ;). I'll take the credit at GS and keep it long term over a .5% or less money market fund any day as long as it was profitable enough to obtain (and it was).

Besides, I am always actively looking for ways to turn it into Amazon credit, which I can make much more use out of. Hell, I even buy most of my games from Amazon anyway. But I can use GS to get the great trade-in deals, then convert it over at break-even, then use it at Amazon. And none of that takes very much effort except for the initial GS trade-in part (because that stuff has to come from various places). It's that first part I'm slowing way down on - partly because I'm busier now, but also partly for the reason you mentioned. I simply don't need any more (though I will continue to take advantage of amazing deals like $56 for ME2).

[quote name='jp0213']List of people whose post I read right before saying I'm too tired to keep looking at a computer screen?[/QUOTE]

my life is complete :)

[quote name='io'](though I will continue to take advantage of amazing deals like $56 for ME2).[/QUOTE]
I was super surprised that value held to today. If it stays that way tomorrow, I'll officially think GameStop higher ups just don't care or something.
[quote name='y2jasper']my life is complete :)[/QUOTE]
Glad I could do something for you.

I'm tapping out guys. Back to work tomorrow.

[quote name='camelking6969']i have looked but has nobody traded the ps3 in since august, i have the 60 gb and want a shiny brand new one. i thinkin about trading it in[/QUOTE]

As long as the 60gb works ok, I'd probably just Ebay it if I were you, since the TIV's normally on a PS3 suck balls. The only reason I traded mine back in August was 1) it was out of warranty and 2) they had that $150 TIV promo going on back then.

It took half of the price off of the slim PS3 I have now, which was then paid off with credit from the games I traded in with it and took advantage of a tiered promo. I think I paid maybe $20-25 out of pocket for the slim when all was said and done.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']What would be the point in building it that high? It's pointless and it's not like your credit is going to grow interest.

It does look pretty easy though if you save most of your games no matter how good of games and then catch a good promo you can get a lot of credit at once. I made $120 from this promo but that was spent on 2 games.[/QUOTE]

The point of holding onto credit is not everyone wants every new game that's coming out at the time when they have said credit. Being a CAG also helps to make you patient, since you know it's only a matter of time before they have a good sale(B2G1) or the inevitable price drops happen on the games you're interested in.

My one friend from PSN(who's also a CAG)has absolutely no patience(or time it seems), so every time I get on the PS3 it seems he has the latest and greatest and when I ask him he paid MSRP for them.:roll:

I only pay MSRP if it's something I REALLY, REALLY want(GTA Episodes on PS3)or something with a 'bonus' with it(Darksiders w/ the Red Faction voucher).

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']z24buddy - I'm very critical of deal abusers. I've read all of your posts and it doesn't seem like you were the worst guy, but you don't know how many other people they had come in do the same thing.

Have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you read what I wrote, but you sure as hell didn't comprehend it. I am sorry for that and I will put the main points in a numbered list as simple as possible so that when you go back and read what was actually written you might be able to understand it.

1. Basic form of what I have been saying this whole time: Deal Abuse=bad Getting in on a good deal=Good

2. I had no difficulties buying one Heavy Rain at full price and one Mass Effect 2 at a discount.

3. No one questioned my trade in of ME2 or if I was at another store. (that was someone else)

4. I was sticking up for that other guy (though he must have said/done something or been acting funny for them to call another store)

5. I didn't do anything shady

6. I had no satisfaction issues (although your mom was rather unsatisfying last night)

Finally, who made you the judge of who can take advantage of a trade in promotion? What makes you think you are any more of a "real gamer" than me?

[quote name='gamewizardx']I just hit over $400 credit on my card today. I stated to think how safe is the credit on the card? It would be easy for a Gamestop worker to write the number down and then use it. There really wouldn't be a way to prove that you weren't the one to use the credit. Maybe to be safe we pre order blizzard games to hold the credits instead of having it on the card. God knows those games wont come out any time soon.[/QUOTE]

It has happened to me recently, Keep track of how much you have. Keep all of the receipts. If you notice something weird, go back and talk to the mananger but make sure you do it the same day.

I told them that something was wrong and if they could check my previous transactions. They called the HQ in order to do that. Found out that it was used in a GS that I went into to trade. They told me that they would look at the camera footage from the store to see if I was actually there and if I made the purchase. This happened when I had about 180 and now I have just under 600 (599) but split between two cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back