GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Just traded some stuff in today, its all for Xbox 360, base TIV

Lost Planet Original 1.75
Kingdom Under Fire Circle of Doom 4.00
Saints Row 2.50
Halo 3 5.00
Condemned 2.50

total with promo and edge $30.01

[quote name='Estebon']All, busting my balls huh. I can take it so it's not that big a deal.

Thats a valid point, but why not give them the cover art and manual. Thats what I do and I basically tell them, I need the case. They don't care.

As for the steelbook, I see no point in having a case with no game. To each their own.[/QUOTE]

Steelbooks are kind of cool to display. Once again, to each their own.

[quote name='PopSmith']@lightsend, I'm sorry to hear that. That was stupid of him to say "Yeah, it's free" after you asked him.

EDIT: I was looking through my Wii games and I'm a bit sad now. Have the box for Mario Kart Wii but I'm not sure where the software is. :wall: I think I traded it in last year sometime, now I could get over $27 for it at GS! :wall: :wall:[/QUOTE]

When I traded some games in earlier today I went in with Mario Kart Wii thinking the same thing but the value must have gone down. After all the bonuses I was only going to get around 20 dollars (my wife thinks it was 19.20, but neither of us can remember exactly) so I just kept it. I didn't think fast enough to make a note of the price to update the list.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']^ anyone?
i just found a copy while cleaning around my room, have no use for it.[/QUOTE]
Probably get more selling that here, even with the promo.
Actually maybe not. Last value is from 11/09 and it was $9. If it is still anywhere near that you might as well trade it. You'd have to get $17 shipped to make the same as a trade in with a base of $9.

Went to GameStop this morning. Traded in Darksiders for the 360.

Darksiders TIV (pre-promo): $23.25

w/ 50% + 10% edge : $37.19

Not a bad deal if I do say myself. :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']There was an article in Saturday's Wall Street Journal. My manager at work is a subscriber.[/QUOTE]

go to finance.yahoo.com

if you type in gamestop's ticker (GME) there will be lots of news stories. there's a lot of news articles on gamestop in the last 2-3 days because of one of the officers leaving the company.

i believe the stock dropped about $2 on friday (about 10%) -- it's around $18 per share now.

if you don't have a subscription to wsj.com you can still read the articles if you search the title of the article via google and look at the cached article.

btw, i traded in madden 10 for the pre-order of madden 11 yesterday. i got $18.00 plus 10% of $18.00 ($1.80) and a $22.00 bonus to make it $41.80. now i cancel my pre-order at anytime, right?

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Steelbooks are kind of cool to display. Once again, to each their own.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but they might be worth something to collectors down the road. I would probably never buy a CE for a game I was going to end up trading in, but if I did, I know I sure as hell wouldn't trade anything potentially valuable into GS.

[quote name='bilbo']go to finance.yahoo.com

if you type in gamestop's ticker (GME) there will be lots of news stories. there's a lot of news articles on gamestop in the last 2-3 days because of one of the officers leaving the company.

i believe the stock dropped about $2 on friday (about 10%) -- it's around $18 per share now.

if you don't have a subscription to wsj.com you can still read the articles if you search via google and looked at the cached article.[/QUOTE]

I can see it. Just about every thread on this forum has something about Gamestop posted on it. These people are also invading Slickdeals, Amazon message boards and gaming sites. I can understand if they are posting great deals, but most are crap or posting for the sole purpose of bashing and putting down a competitor's deal with comments like, "we already have a thread on Target, Toysrus, Best Buy, etc..." and rating a good deal poorly. Seems like 1 out of 5 threads in this forum are Gamestop related.

So i need some advice guys. I really dont have much interest in my 360 right now. I mean it was fun at first, but now, its my PS3 that seems REALLY fun. Most games that i find interest in are on PS3 as well as 360. I only have about 3 games right now, which by my calculations would net me about 89 alone with this promo applied. So along with the 107 i'd get, with hardrive and unit, along with my accessories, im looking at about 215+220 i have credit in, so i have about 435 in total credit if i go through, which could get me PLENTY of PS3 games. What do you guys think i should do...

On a side note im asking this here, not the advice forum because i know i can get more answers here. Thanks!

What you do with your credit is up to you, but if you play all your games on your PS3 then go for it. Definitely think over any 360 exclusives that you might want to play this coming year. I always try to look to the future in cases of games. Getting rid of a console then wanting to play 4 new games coming out at the end of year will cost you around $300 to get a console with a hard drive again to play them.

Updated lists and database.

"What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?"

I'm a bit in the same boat. I've soured on the 360 after it's pathetic 09 and my getting a PS3 for Christmas. Crackdown 2 is coming out and I loved the first so I'm hoping that will be worth it. There's also Halo Reach (I'm not interested in it though) and Fable 3 (I think that's coming out this year). So if you want those 3 or even 2, just keep your 360.

So If I were to trade ME2 in towards my pre-order of BF:BC2 would I get 50% extra then 25% off of that number, or something else entirely?

Just a few quick questions:

1. Does gamestop accept 360's that have the warranty sticker torn off?
2. Is the EDGE card worth it?
3. Say I trade in my half broken 360 - it likes to randomly overheat after 20-30 minutes. If I trade it in, will they give me credit for the console/controller/wires seperately , or in one package?

I would call, but my Gamestop employees are assholes.

[quote name='Ragalshnagal']1. Does gamestop accept 360's that have the warranty sticker torn off?
3. Say I trade in my half broken 360 - it likes to randomly overheat after 20-30 minutes. If I trade it in, will they give me credit for the console/controller/wires seperately , or in one package?[/QUOTE]
1.YMMV.
2. If you trade in/buy used games to save more than $15, yes.
3. You have to have all the components to trade it in.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm a bit in the same boat. I've soured on the 360 after it's pathetic 09 and my getting a PS3 for Christmas. Crackdown 2 is coming out and I loved the first so I'm hoping that will be worth it. There's also Halo Reach (I'm not interested in it though) and Fable 3 (I think that's coming out this year). So if you want those 3 or even 2, just keep your 360.[/QUOTE]

nah. Im not really interested in those games lol.

So right now im leaning towards trading in the 360.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']1.YMMV.
2. If you trade in/buy used games to save more than $15, yes.
3. You have to have all the components to trade it in.[/QUOTE]

2. Is it worth it if I never buy used games priced at $55? ~lol
3. On the OP it shows everything at a different price ( core + contorller , cables, hard drive )

[quote name='Ragalshnagal']2. Is it worth it if I never buy used games priced at $55? ~lol
3. On the OP it shows everything at a different price ( core + contorller , cables, hard drive )[/QUOTE]

1) How often do you shop there? Do you think you could 'ever' save the $15 with it? Or do you only shop there when you have to?
3) Thats in case you trade them in separately, but to trade in a console, you need a controller, an AV cable, the power brick and the Console.

[quote name='advanced']1) How often do you shop there? Do you think you could 'ever' save the $15 with it? Or do you only shop there when you have to?
3) Thats in case you trade them in separately, but to trade in a console, you need a controller, an AV cable, the power brick and the Console.[/QUOTE]

1) I live nearby and I don't have money on hand often.
3) Do you think I would get more if I sold it separately over the course of a few days, or all together?

Mind you, I have a SHIT load of things I want to get rid of.

Also, should I write down a list of everything I'm trading in, just in case the employee "forgets" to give me credit for a few things?

[quote name='Ragalshnagal']Just a few quick questions:

1. Does gamestop accept 360's that have the warranty sticker torn off?
3. Say I trade in my half broken 360 - it likes to randomly overheat after 20-30 minutes. If I trade it in, will they give me credit for the console/controller/wires seperately , or in one package?

I would call, but my Gamestop employees are assholes.[/QUOTE]

1. They are not supposed to. If they are good employees they will check.
2. Yes if you trade in or spend more than $150 dollars in used stuff in a year or enjoy the magazine.
3. To trade in a console you need a controller, av's, and power supply. Thats all considered a system trade in, anything other than that would be extra.

[quote name='Cynn']Does anyone know the current trade in price for Xbox 360 Wireless and PS3 Sixaxis controllers? @gamestop[/QUOTE]

The values are on the first page under the headings for PS3 and 360 respectively.
[quote name='Ragalshnagal']1) I live nearby and I don't have money on hand often.
3) Do you think I would get more if I sold it separately over the course of a few days, or all together?

Also, should I write down a list of everything I'm trading in, just in case the employee "forgets" to give me credit for a few things?[/QUOTE]

As long as you don't have duplicates of any games, you should be ok to trade it all in at once. As for making a list, I certainly would, since you never know if the clerk doing the trades gets distracted and thinks they scanned a game when they didn't.

[quote name='icedrake523']If you trade in a console, you HAVE to include what advanced mentioned. You can trade in the parts separately.[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can trade in the parts separately, but if you want to trade the actual console, you need all of those things with it.

[quote name='Ragalshnagal']1) I live nearby and I don't have money on hand often.

Also, should I write down a list of everything I'm trading in, just in case the employee "forgets" to give me credit for a few things?[/QUOTE]

And if you plan on using GS to get rid of the things you want to get rid of, it might be worth it to get the EDGE card. Its 10% off used game prices and 10% more back when trading games in. When I got mine, I was trading in $200 worth of games, so it already earned its money back with that one trade in. Also, note that when I deal with GS, its almost exclusively in the credit I've earned. I very rarely spend my cash there.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']would it be ok to changeing a pre order to another game and then return that game right away? in lieu of the madden $40 TIV?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. Although they may use the 'refuse returns' thing and deny you. But as long as you have a receipt for the game you wanna return, just go to another GS and do the return. That's how I did it a couple times during the 'bump to $40 tiv' promo.

hey guys , i was wondering if any one knew if gamestop is taking dsi xl pre-orders in store yet , and if i could trade in my 360 and get an extra 30 towards that

Hey guys, I just want to ask if it's worth it if I trade in my 20gb xbox 360 with 3 controllers for 158 (with promo)? I know I spent a lot of money on my 360 but I don't use it anymore. Sorry if this is taking your time.

Here's my base TIV for today:
PS3
Star wars force unleashed $5.00
Fairytale fights $8.25
Resistance Fall of Man $5.00
Eat lead: Return of Matt Hazard $4.25
Metal Gear Solid 4 : GOP $7.00
Xbox360
TMNT $4.50
Vampire Rain $1.50
Lost Planet Extreme Coditions $1.75
The Darkness $1.00
Ds
Sudoko Ball Detective $1.00
With bonus and 10% edge came up with a $62.79 credit

traded in Left 4 Dead 2 today
still stands at TiV $29.75

got about $44 and some change after the 50% trade in

might trade in my NSMB wii tomorrow

traded in

Darksiders - 37.19
Tom Clancy's HAWX - 7.61
COD 4 - 5.00
Supreme Commander - 3.00
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 0.75
Forza 2 - 1.75
Army of Two - 5.00
Quantum of solace - 4.00
TMNT - 4.50
Armored Core 4 - 2.00
Battlefield bad company - 6.25

[quote name='coolrust']Hey guys, I just want to ask if it's worth it if I trade in my 20gb xbox 360 with 3 controllers for 158 (with promo)? I know I spent a lot of money on my 360 but I don't use it anymore. Sorry if this is taking your time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah im gonna trade in my 360 too. Its just getting too boring. My PS3 is most of my gaming right now lol

Base TIVs from Today:
Motorstorm Pacific Rift(PS3) $8.00
Terminator Salvation(360) $5.25
NHL 2K7(360) $0.55
Marvel Ultimate Alliance(360) $0.75
Carol Voderman's Suduku(PSP) $0.95
Crisis Core(PSP) $4.75
FIFA 08(PSP) $3.25
Pro Stroke Golf World Tour 2006(PSP) $0.60
Forza 2(360) $1.75
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1(360) $1.00
Tom Clancy's Hawx(360) $4.75
Soul Calibur IV(360) $5.00
Fuel(360) $3.75
Ghostbusters(360) $6.00

I was offered to preorder GOWIII to get the extra 25% in Trade in Value but the computer wouldn't let it stack. I now have nothing to do with over $300 in credit..

[quote name='bobewreckem69']hey guys , i was wondering if any one knew if gamestop is taking dsi xl pre-orders in store yet , and if i could trade in my 360 and get an extra 30 towards that[/QUOTE]

yes and yes

I would of bought your PS3 Force unleashed :p

[quote name='TheWooz']Here's my base TIV for today:
PS3
Star wars force unleashed $5.00
Fairytale fights $8.25
Resistance Fall of Man $5.00
Eat lead: Return of Matt Hazard $4.25
Metal Gear Solid 4 : GOP $7.00
Xbox360
TMNT $4.50
Vampire Rain $1.50
Lost Planet Extreme Coditions $1.75
The Darkness $1.00
Ds
Sudoko Ball Detective $1.00
With bonus and 10% edge came up with a $62.79 credit[/QUOTE]

Trade-in values:

Demon's Souls is 15.00$
Mass Effect is 10.75$
Modern Warfare 2 (360) is 25.00$
Dragon Age Origins (360) is 17.00$
Left 2 Dead 2 is 29.75$

Total after EDGE and +50% was 156.02$. What's up with L4D2 trade-in value? I ended up ringing it at $47.61 after all the promos and cards.

Alright I didn't do too bad. I traded in a whole bunch of games. I'll post their TIV later on after dinner.

Quick question, I heard EDGE cards are rip-offs. How so?

The original TIV for everything I've traded in is $52.21 before the 50%+10%(EDGE) and it ended up in total as $81.06 - $15 for edge because they took it off the total. I was going to buy one anyway.

I traded in MW2 (PS3) and got 25$ (37.5$ after 50% bonus) and Tekken 6 (360) at $16 (24$ after 50% bonus).

They wanted my right thumb fingerprint... wtshaqfu? weird stuff... Gamestop just gets more and more annoying everyday.

okay so i just called my gamestop asked if i could trade my 360 and get the $30 promo and put it towards a dsi xl , he said no =/ only on systems they currently have in stock , could i like buy a regular dsi and return it for full price and not get deducted the $30???or how would i go about ripping off these a holes?

[quote name='coolrust']Hey guys, I just want to ask if it's worth it if I trade in my 20gb xbox 360 with 3 controllers for 158 (with promo)? I know I spent a lot of money on my 360 but I don't use it anymore. Sorry if this is taking your time.[/QUOTE]

It's not really a decision we can make for you; it all depends on how much (if at all) you'll miss the system after it's gone. If you won't, probably best to trade it in now, as the TIV will continue to decline as time passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back