GS Trade-in Values: Old thread, check first/last post for new thread link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
OLD THREAD GO HERE FOR NEW ONE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7202557

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% Trade Bonus (Ends 5/16/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get an extra 30% trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games traded.

Expires: 5/16/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (Ends 5/16/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any DS or PSP traded toward the purchase of any new system.

Expires: 5/16/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Super Mario Galxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption (Ends 5/16/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Super Mario Galaxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption when trading 2 select 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Image of Eligible Game List
Back.jpg

Offer valid toward a new copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2, UFC 2010 or Red Dead Redemption only. Red Dead Redemption releases 5/18, Super Mario Galaxy 2 releases 5/23, UFC 2010 releases 5/25. Release dates subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 04/26/10 - 5/16/10.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:
[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']run until 6/6/10

same 30% extended
30% on ANY games toward split second
$25 hardware bonus trade in-do not have to purchase new system to get extra $25, works on ps3/360/wii/all ds systems/all psp systems except the go [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, West Virginia

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question about the Halo ODST/Forza Bundle, do you think gamestop would complain if i put the Halo ODST and Forza 3 in seperate 360 Game Cases (Both with thier instruction manuals), and tried to trade them in seperately? (Wanna try to use them for that trade 2 and pay 20 dollars toward RDR deal)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Quick question about the Halo ODST/Forza Bundle, do you think gamestop would complain if i put the Halo ODST and Forza 3 in seperate 360 Game Cases (Both with thier instruction manuals), and tried to trade them in seperately? (Wanna try to use them for that trade 2 and pay 20 dollars toward RDR deal)[/QUOTE]
I traded my copy seperately and they accepted it. I used spare cases too and included the instruction manuals. So they should take it.

[quote name='UnknownAssassin']I traded my copy seperately and they accepted it. I used spare cases too and included the instruction manuals. So they should take it.[/QUOTE]

Alright, cool thanks, still trying to decide whether to wait and see what next weeks sales are, or just go for it tommorow =/

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not necessarily. Might have just gotten a quote.[/QUOTE]

No, I actually traded it in. Bought it at best buy with a ton of redzone certs and got the $10 cert bonus for buying it. I really hate the game. Story mode is average, even with 4 player co-op. Multiplayer is possibly the worst I've played in a while. Laggy and just downright hideous.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']No, I actually traded it in. Bought it at best buy with a ton of redzone certs and got the $10 cert bonus for buying it. I really hate the game. Story mode is average, even with 4 player co-op. Multiplayer is possibly the worst I've played in a while. Laggy and just downright hideous.[/QUOTE]

Its strange you think it sucks so much

5/15
Some of these might be rehashes of previously added during this promo.
PSP
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger $7.75
1001 $35

Wii
New Super Mario Bros $25
2GB SD $3

PS2
Fat $20

Gamecube
$10

Wireless Controller $12.75
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 $1.50
Lego Batman $3
Pure $4
Silent Hill Homecoming $5
Simpsons Game $6
Wanted $6
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga $12
Red Faction Guerrilla $4
Rock Band Track Pack 2 $2.50

[quote name='shiftymcneely']No, I actually traded it in. Bought it at best buy with a ton of redzone certs and got the $10 cert bonus for buying it. I really hate the game. Story mode is average, even with 4 player co-op. Multiplayer is possibly the worst I've played in a while. Laggy and just downright hideous.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dgwillia006']Its strange you think it sucks so much

Thinking about trading in BBC2. I got the used copy for $33 but didn't think about the VIP pass. I think I could afford to lose $4 in credit. I think.

[quote name='chuckywang']Is the Nintendo Wii Black trade in promo worth it?[/QUOTE]

Only if you do not already own wii sports resort.

I'm pretty sure they check by model number for what kind it is and then they just test a game or two. I don't think they actually check the disk space so your 250GB drive would go with it.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Once again, does anyone have trade-in value for a DS Phat (Silver) and a PSP Slim (silver)[/QUOTE]

Is something preventing you from looking at the values on the first page?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Is something preventing you from looking at the values on the first page?[/QUOTE]

My mistake :) I thought that only games were listed. Thank you

Base TIVs from today (5/16):

:360:LEGO Batman - 3.00
:360:Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza 2 - 2.00
:360:Mirror's Edge - 5.00
:360:Overlord - 3.00
:360:Overlord 2 - 8.00
:360:Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - 5.00

CSR also claimed the current promo of an extra 30% trade-in credit for Wii/PS3/X360 games would be extended an extra two weeks.

You can also just call gamestop for inquiries on trade in values, unlike before.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Once again, does anyone have trade-in value for a DS Phat (Silver) and a PSP Slim (silver)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Interstella 5555']You can also just call gamestop for inquiries on trade in values, unlike before.[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm at work though ;)

Club Penguin Ds $7.75
Pokemon HeartGold Ds $20

Waht makes the Pokemon even better is the fact I ordered a used Mario Kart for $5.20 from them and they shipped a Pokemon Heartgold instead and we already had it. So score one for CAGs

Since no one has posted it yet, i guess ill be the first. But i just called a Gamestop where i know the manager, and she confirmed all of this weeks sales are going to be extended for atleast 2 more weeks. (The 30% TiV bonus, the 25 for Handheld Consoles, and the trade 2 and pay 40 for upcoming titles deal)

I got a text msg this morning about my Red Dead Redemption being available, and it also said a 10% bonus on trades.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Since no one has posted it yet, i guess ill be the first. But i just called a Gamestop where i know the manager, and she confirmed all of this weeks sales are going to be extended for atleast 2 more weeks. (The 30% TiV bonus, the 25 for Handheld Consoles, and the trade 2 and pay 40 for upcoming titles deal)[/QUOTE]

I hope so cause I wanted to trade some games in when I picked up my Red Dead Redemption.

EDIT: just called one near me and they confirmed that they are extending the 30% trade in bonus. Thanks dgwillia006.

traded in today 5/16
base values:

PS2:
Simpsons Hit and Run: 3.25

Wii:
Red Steel: 3.00
Wii Play (game only): 4.75
Call of Duty World at War: 15.50
Mario Party 8: 14.25 (traded in for RDR preorder)

DS:
Mystery Case Files Millionheir: 5.00
Rhythm Heaven: 9.75
New Super Mario Bros: 12.00

PS3:
Call of Duty 3: 6.25
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood: 6.25 (traded in for RDR preorder)
Dualshock 3 Controller: 15.25 (traded since right trigger was screwy and unbearable in ssf4)

Altogether I got $99.09 + $40 trade in for Red Dead Redemption. Not too bad :)

So I just called GS and found out the Monkeyball TIV. But since this is LazyAssGamers, and no one can pick up a damn phone and pretend they want to go in and preorder a game and want to know how much one of their games are worth toward the preorder, i'm not going to post it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Since no one has posted it yet, i guess ill be the first. But i just called a Gamestop where i know the manager, and she confirmed all of this weeks sales are going to be extended for atleast 2 more weeks. (The 30% TiV bonus, the 25 for Handheld Consoles, and the trade 2 and pay 40 for upcoming titles deal)[/QUOTE]
Actually the system trade-in appears to be changing to a slightly better one via info I got on Friday. Wont know for certain until tomorrow though.
[quote name='jp0213']Updated lists and database. Also next promo info here:[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']run until 6/6/10

same 30% extended
30% on ANY games toward split second
$25 hardware bonus trade in-do not have to purchase new system to get extra $25, works on ps3/360/wii/all ds systems/all psp systems except the go [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

traded in today w/ 30% bonus. no edge card.

ps3:
where the wild things are- $5.53
MGS 4- $6.17

wii:
super monkey ball blitz- $8.45
ben 10- $5.20

360:
Godfather 2- $7.80
college hoops 2k8- $1.95

ps2: max payne- $1
onimusha: warlords- .70
gta: vice city- $2.00
fisherman's bass club- .70
socom: us navy seals- .45 (game only)
world championship poker- .30
nfl 2k5- .30
ps2 memory card- $5.11

got about $46.00 and also traded in super mario galaxy and batman: aa (ps3) to reserve RDR. walked out with $25.00 credit remaining :applause:

[quote name='Estebon']So I just called GS and found out the Monkeyball TIV. But since this is LazyAssGamers, and no one can pick up a damn phone and pretend they want to go in and preorder a game and want to know how much one of their games are worth toward the preorder, i'm not going to post it.[/QUOTE]
nah nobody cares keep on moving

Is it true that Gamestop is going to be running a promo where you buy Bioshock 2, you get a download card for DLC? My friend in another state said he saw a promo poster for it starting tomorrow.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is it true that Gamestop is going to be running a promo where you buy Bioshock 2, you get a download card for DLC? My friend in another state said he saw a promo poster for it starting tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

If thats true, i gotta head back tommorow o_O, i brought a used copy less than 2 weeks ago

:cold:[quote name='sasuke543']man nvm i left my game at my gf's house -.- AGH![/QUOTE]

Don't fret, I'm sure the value will stay high especially for that game.

Traded in a fat DS System 5/16/10 still at $35.00

Dude scanned my edge card, and for whatever reason also got a $3.50 edge card 10% bump. No manual adjustment, just handed him my card, and it showed up on receipt...

From 5/15/10

Nintendo DS
Sims 2 $6.00
Sonic Rush $4.25
Super Mario 64 $6.75

GBA
Super Mario Advance$6.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back