GT Legends $3.60 on Steam

Gtr2 is 3.60 as well but if you buy them make sure you go to no grip racing and download the patch and nocd files for Gtr2 as the steam version had to remove the porsches and Ferraris due to licensing issues. Those files put them back.

No story in these games, because they can be labeled as simulators and because of that a wheel controller is recommended. Pick your car and race it, preferably online against others.

[quote name='KodiaKBv']No story in these games, because they can be labeled as simulators and because of that a wheel controller is recommended. Pick your car and race it, preferably online against others.[/QUOTE]

Are they playable well with a XBox360 controller? My wheel doesn't like my desk, and I'm not going to get a new one.

[quote name='gilby']Are they playable well with a XBox360 controller?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they work with a 360 controller, but ffb doesn't work out of the box. I think some people might have gotten ffb to work with third-party apps like Xpadder.

So... If I were to buy just one of these games (never played any in the franchise), which would you recommend? All of them look pretty much the same, lol. Can't even tell which is the newest as the release dates on Steam are all screwed up. I have a Logitech driving force pro mounted to a racing chair that I got a really good deal on when GT5 came out, so looking to put that to use again.

Was thinking that Race: Injection was the newest but looks like that's just an expansion for Race 07, correct? I remember people talking about how good GTR2 was a few years back, is that still the best choice out of these?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lassiterb']Was thinking that Race: Injection was the newest but looks like that's just an expansion for Race 07, correct? I remember people talking about how good GTR2 was a few years back, is that still the best choice out of these?[/QUOTE]

GTR2 is a good bet, it is older, but has some features the newer series doesn't, like night races. It also has plenty of mods.

Race: Injection is a good second choice and it's a bundle that does include the base game Race 07 and a handful of expansions. Race 07 is slightly newer with a bit of a graphics update (but not much). To round out a Race 07 collection without buying the complete SimBin bundle, you could add Race On and GTR Evo (both Race 07 expansions).

If you ask different people, you'll get conflicting opinions on the feel of GTR2 compared to Race 07.

There is a GTR2 demo out there if you want to give it a try:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/GTR+2+Demo/;5284969;/fileinfo.html

[quote name='mikon']GTR2 is a good bet, it is older, but has some features the newer series doesn't, like night races. It also has plenty of mods.

Race: Injection is a good second choice and it's a bundle that does include the base game Race 07 and a handful of expansions. Race 07 is slightly newer with a bit of a graphics update (but not much). To round out a Race 07 collection without buying the complete SimBin bundle, you could add Race On and GTR Evo (both Race 07 expansions).

If you ask different people, you'll get conflicting opinions on the feel of GTR2 compared to Race 07.

There is a GTR2 demo out there if you want to give it a try:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/GTR+2+Demo/;5284969;/fileinfo.html[/QUOTE]

So Race 07 is the most up-to-date game in the series, with Injection (which includes Race 07), Race On, and GTR Evo as expansions for it. So if I buy Injection, Race On, and Evo I would have no reason for GTR2, right? If I don't care about racing at night, that is. Is this the best option in your opinion, since it sounds like you have experience with them?

EDIT: So Race On AND Race Injection both include Race 07? Ugh, my head is hurting, someone just please tell me what to buy for the best possible installment (along with the best dlc) this series has to offer.

Also, would these games stack up to the likes of Forza 4, Gran Turismo 5? Do they hold up well? Is trying to figure this out even worth it? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lassiterb']Also, would these games stack up to the likes of Forza 4, Gran Turismo 5?[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for modern graphics and photo-realistic eye candy, you're not going to get it in these games. The SimBin titles are simulators that put the emphasis on physics and a realistic feel of racing. A search for some screenshots and videos will give you an idea of what you're getting.

Really, the best thing to do is download that demo. It's small and it will quickly give you a feel for whether or not these games are for you.

Some people enjoy the Race series more, but others who own both end up going back to GTR2, so I would start off with GTR2 if you like the demo.

No story in these games, because they can be labeled as simulators and because of that a wheel controller is recommended.
girl.jpg

beaty.jpg

I was also wondering the same thing - if you buy one which one should you get? It's hard to tell which is the latest game. Thanks.

Has anyone that picked up GTL got it to run on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit? GTR2 worked perfect also the mod Power and Glory, but GTL won't run at all?

probably a dumb question: but will retail boxed copies of these register on steam? I bought copies of these years ago...would be nice if i could add them to my steam account

Here is what I had to do to get it to work. I noticed in the GTR2 folder it had a config exe to setup video. I had to find and copy one for GTL into the folder then run config then it worked no problem.

[quote name='KodiaKBv']They do. You will need to enter your code without the dashes.[/QUOTE]
sweet thanks, i just dug up my cd case and was able to register both GTR2 and GT Legends

bread's done
Back