GT:Prologue question

Dr. Strangepork

CAGiversary!
I have a buddy who just bought a PS3. He's back into gaming for the first time in 10 or so years. He fondly remembers the original Grand Turismo and wants to pick it up as one of his first games (along with Madden and CoD4).

I don't have GT:prologue but remember it getting mixed reviews. I notice few if any CAGs play it (at least there is no dedicated nights for it). And I thought I remembered hearing you couldn't set up your own room to race with your friends. Is that right and did they ever fix that?

I'd be up for getting it but only if I could race against my friends. Are there any other shortcomings I should point out to him?

Thanks!

No racing against friends. The game itself is awesome though. Get it used and it is easily worth the 25 bucks or so, especially if he is a Gran Tourismo fan

its a demo..pass on it

he should pick up MGS4, uncharted, ratchet & clank and warhawk if he wants a ps3 specific experience of gameplay

yeah I don't think you can set up matches with friends yet. It's all just matchmaking. That being said, you can still just play two player split screen...

I'm a big Gran Turismo fan and will get GT5 when it comes out, and I actually got Prologue from a friend for free (downloaded version for the win), but so far IMO it's not worth the price. There's not that many single player events and the choices of cars you get as you go along is limited (I'm not saying that there isn't many cars in the game, it's just that certain events will require you to race with one specific car, which can lead to you "grinding" out races just to buy this certain car so you can move on)

But it might be different for you and your friend, as there are people who will spend lots of time doing arcade races or time trials or online. I personally am not into that right now, so my opinion is probably skewed

bread's done
Back