GT4 free with Trade in of 3 games!!!!

[quote name='jrbernal83']Its for people like you that we NEVER have deals like this anymore. You are stealing buddy. Its ok to take advantage of this deal to get the game, but to return it to get the credit is stupid. THEIF[/QUOTE]

I just realized that you work at EB. Which means that you're under the impression that unless someone goes in to a store in your company and buys something they are stealing from you personally. I get it...
...I'm going to clue you in on a little secret.
I work for a retaler myself. In fact, I'm a store manager. When I started working there, I noticed that people would come in to the store and give all kinds of excuses and reasons for returning stuff. Some of this stuff you would think was stolen (the real stolen, not your version) and others were legit. At the begining I got pissed since I knew that people were screwing with the store policy. Our policy does not warrant a receipt to be returned but be it our merchandise. Why didn't we change the store policy? over time, by getting advice from other peers and my own maturing. I realized that you can't manage your job on trying to prevent the bad but maybe if you focused on the people that are generating money for your business then you would be successful too. Guess what, it worked for me. My advice, stop taking it personal. Your company by no means looses money, why? because I go back there and give them my money. I just spent $167 of it today alone.
The good thing about it is that I found 1 EB store (out of a lot that I've been in) where the customer service is actually good. Not where you work of course as if I would be considered a THEIF by you. Even though I've probably spent more money at EB than you will ever produce for them.
BTW, do you realize that a lot of people here are going to do exactly as I did. Most people already have GT4. It is done because we want to get a different item altogether. And you started the post. Good job.

RANT...
...DONE.

THE THREAD IS HERE http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59835
for the list

The stores in the State of WI dont except those to be returned without a receipt (as with all our returns) If you have the receipt we check if you used a trade in deal, if you did we give you the trade in value for those games back.

I have only a few of the ps2 done. I didnt have time to write the whole description of the games down at work, and trying to figure them out is a pain in the butt. Ill post what I have, but PM me with the games you want for ps2 and ill let ya know

[quote name='jrbernal83']I have only a few of the ps2 done. I didnt have time to write the whole description of the games down at work, and trying to figure them out is a pain in the butt. Ill post what I have, but PM me with the games you want for ps2 and ill let ya know[/QUOTE]

read again

or better off PM me on AIM.....same name

[quote name='fenderjerk']Wow, you really go on the offensive for someone who says "You don't know me so please keep quiet". Technically you're not thieving, but that's really some disingenuous crap you're pulling here (even for EBGames); It's not much different from the scum that buy up all the $5 CC clearance games just to sell them. Yeah, maybe "Thief" is too strong a word, but "hypocrite" seems to fit. Hopefully it's a term you can live "wiht".[/QUOTE]

My apologies for offending you and being a hypocrite.

And for the record. The second EB that I went to, I spoke to the store manager and I told him exactly what I did and wanted to do. He told me, "no problem" and they got my money.

Drsuper23 i would do that too....lol.....but ive had alot of bad karma over the past couple of years for doing that kind of stuff.....sorry for being so hard on ya. I just hate it when people are able to do it and im not.....

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']EBgames I presume?

edit: nevermind, I see the logo. Can anyone else confirm? This seems too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

Why does this seem too good to be true? This game is old now..

[quote name='Zoglog']Why does this seem too good to be true? This game is old now..[/QUOTE]

Exactly the point... the game is old and still retails for 49.99, yet EB is giving it away with a trade-in of three shitty games that aren't POX.

I feel bad for the people who bought this at launch.

Just got back from EBgames and I brought 6 games to make sure I got the deal. They shot down three but took the others.

Shotdown:Maximo, Baulders Gate Dark Alliance, LOTR Two Towers (PS2)
Accecpted: Rebel Strike, Rogue Leader, F-Zero GX

I think the only game I am going to miss is F-Zero but if I ever want to play it again I can just get it off ebay for really cheap.

Does anyone know if these game will work........
And will games without box and munual work????

Galerian Ash
F1 2001
Virtual Fighter 4 (Not the evolution version)
Tekken 4

Thx!

Went in today and traded in 3 games for it no problem. I had to pay the taxes on it though. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I traded in:
NBA Live 2004 (Free from Best Buy)
My Street (4.88 from CompUSA)
something else I don't remember (possibly Herdy Gerdy- 4.88 from CompUSA)

Baldurs Gate:Dark Alliance didn't work

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Anyone know if Hitman 2 for ps2 or Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution will work?[/QUOTE]

Almost positive VF4: Evo will work. Don't think Hitman 2 will work though.

I just tried VF4: Evo today, it works.

I ended up trading in:

-Metroid Prime
-Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (xbox-promo copy)
-Beyond Good and Evil(ps2)

got my copy of GT4, but had to convince the clerk to look up the damn promo number. He was so convinced that there was no deal that he didn't even want to look it up.. finally did luckily.

thanks to the OP, great deal!!

Actually, for me, I asked the manager/employee about the promo, and she hadn't heard of it. I told her the number, and she didn't find anything. Then, I showed her the receipt that was copied into this forum, since I printed it off in case I forgot the number, so she tried it with the games I wanted to trade in and it worked. She was so surprised, that she said she'll be telling customers about that throughout the day.

[quote name='suko_32']I think I'll trade in
XIII (PS2)
1080 Avalanche (GC)
and something else, just need to find that something else.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see you enjoyed 1080.

hmm...now I am sitting here thinking if I should return in and get forza using the $35 from the return. Which would you guys recommend?

[quote name='Follandboy']I'm glad to see you enjoyed 1080.[/QUOTE]

Why thank you!!! I knew you would see this! Actually, I wanted 1080 because the N64 version rocked. You know, it's like buying something because on the brand. Sorry bout this.......but if it's for GT4........then I have to consider.

[quote name='Samurai T']Actually, for me, I asked the manager/employee about the promo, and she hadn't heard of it. I told her the number, and she didn't find anything. Then, I showed her the receipt that was copied into this forum, since I printed it off in case I forgot the number, so she tried it with the games I wanted to trade in and it worked. She was so surprised, that she said she'll be telling customers about that throughout the day.[/QUOTE]

Glad my scan helped.

[quote name='Toireht']hmm...now I am sitting here thinking if I should return in and get forza using the $35 from the return. Which would you guys recommend?[/QUOTE]I'd definitely keep GT4, since I liked it better than Forza, but mostly because I don't have XBL anymore.
[quote name='Roufuss']Glad my scan helped.[/QUOTE]Thank you very much.:)

I just got home from the store. The EB employee at the register didn't know about this trade. Fortunately while I was browsing around another employee asked me if I needed anything and I found out from him that the deal was active.

Here were my trade-ins: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Metal Arms (PS2) and Dead or Alive 3.

These games didn't work: Madden 05 (PS2), Astro Boy, JamPacks 10 & 11.

Thanks OP!

OK, got mine today. I traded in these games for it:

Pitfall (xbox)
LOTR: ROTK (xbox)
Tak & The Power of Juju (gc)

I brought some extras, and was told these also would have worked (all xbox):

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (promo copy)
Def Jam: FFNY
Full Spectrum Warrior
Freedom Fighters

And these didn't make the cut:

Haunted Mansion
Xbox Music Maker
Alter Echo
Malice (of course... but I had to try! ;) )
Enclave

Hope that helps someone!

What's weird is this still isn't on the trade in specials segment of the website, and it seems like only 30% of the EB's know about it (even though all are participating).

I wonder if this sale catches on, if EB will do this again to get rid of some other shelf warmers? To my knowledge, this is the first time they've ever run a trade in deal on an older game.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I just called 3 EBgames stores in the Houston area and all of them say there is no such trade in deal on GT4[/QUOTE]It's best to go into the store with the games you want to trade, tell them about the promo number (or even just show them Roufuss's scan), and they'll see if it works, which it should.

[quote name='Toireht']
Accecpted: Rebel Strike, Rogue Leader, F-Zero GX

I think the only game I am going to miss is F-Zero but if I ever want to play it again I can just get it off ebay for really cheap.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you miss F-Zero, you can buy it for $9.99 on EBs website ($7.50 shipped with coupons). I got $13.33 for mine during the PSP game deal and could rebuy at a $5 profit if I wanted.

I found that to be the case with a lot of the games I traded in . . . Rayman 3 PS2 and I-Ninja GC both got $13.33 and I rebought each for the Xbox for $7.50.

Traded in:
Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 (PS2)
Crimson Skies (XBOX)

today. I would have had to pay tax if I didn't get my employee discount (got about $2 back), yay.

Thanks CAG! Got MEtal Arms, MAT1 and Beyond Good and Evil at best buy w/coupon and got GT4 :D I was so happy it worked I gave the nice guy at EB my last couple coupons heheh.
It was the last one so it's a little scuffed up, but I have some resurfacings left at gamecrazy from when I bought my discount card, and I guess I could just return it as well.

[quote name='suko_32']I think I'll trade in
XIII (PS2)
1080 Avalanche (GC)
and something else, just need to find that something else.[/QUOTE]

Does XIII qualify? It would be cool if it does, but I'm thinking it doesn't.

How would you guys rate this trade: GT4 for Midnight Club DUB? Which one plays better? How would you guys rank GT4, Midnight Club DUB, and NFSU2?

From OP in PM

Re: POX?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syphon Filter Omega Strain yes
Maximo Army of Zin if its the first one, no...if the 2nd,yes
XIII no

I got mine today (thanks OP) I traded Project Snowblind and Bloodrayne 2 from this years CC sale and Nascar Thunder 2004 from last years CC sale (still unopened) for it. All I had to pay was like 2 bucks in taxes.

[quote name='suko_32']From OP in PM

Re: POX?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syphon Filter Omega Strain yes
Maximo Army of Zin if its the first one, no...if the 2nd,yes
XIII no[/QUOTE]Actually, he got it mixed up. Maximo vs. The Army of Zin is the 2nd one, which is not POX (sells for $12.99 used), but the first one, Maximo: Ghost to Glory is POX (selling for $5.99 used). I'm big into the Maximo series, so I know.:)

[quote name='Samurai T']Actually, he got it mixed up. Maximo vs. The Army of Zin is the 2nd one, which is not POX (sells for $12.99 used), but the first one, Maximo: Ghost to Glory is POX (selling for $5.99 used). I'm big into the Maximo series, so I know.:)[/QUOTE]

So my Maximo Army of Zin qualifies? Sorry, just woke up and am groggy.

[quote name='zackattack']Thanks CAG! Got MEtal Arms, MAT1 and Beyond Good and Evil at best buy w/coupon and got GT4 :D I was so happy it worked I gave the nice guy at EB my last couple coupons heheh.
It was the last one so it's a little scuffed up, but I have some resurfacings left at gamecrazy from when I bought my discount card, and I guess I could just return it as well.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I did the exact same trade, and got a similar gutted copy of GT4 :D. It went very smoothly too - the guy at EB actually told me about the deal when I asked if they had a new GT4.

[quote name='Samurai T']I'd definitely keep GT4, since I liked it better than Forza, but mostly because I don't have XBL anymore.
[/QUOTE]

Well I do have XBL, but I think I am going to keep GT4 since I just found out Forza doesnt have any off road tracks, which means no rally racing :( . I think GT4 will keep my occupied longer since it has more of a variety in tracks and cars.

[quote name='vietgurl']Traded in:
Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 (PS2)
Crimson Skies (XBOX)

today. I would have had to pay tax if I didn't get my employee discount (got about $2 back), yay.[/QUOTE]

Why? WHY?!

Total CAG afternoon . . . buzzed into BB and bought Bad Boys 2, BeyondGE, and Metal Arms for $5 each (after coupon) . . . turned them in for GT4 at EB.

Nice sealed copy (they have a ton) . . . employees still didn't know about the deal but they tried to do and it worked.

Noticed a tradein offer on Nascar 06 (EA) trade in 4 games and get it free.

If the game sells for $50 . . . that would be $12.50 per game traded. (EB site says $50 for Xbox and $40 for PS2)

[quote name='io']Wow, I did the exact same trade, and got a similar gutted copy of GT4 :D. It went very smoothly too - the guy at EB actually told me about the deal when I asked if they had a new GT4.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just came to this thread and loooked for the first couple posts of people getting games at best buy and those were all mentioned in one of them. Mine seems to work fine, I tried it with my old save and races went smooth.

[quote name='Gigamaster89']Why? WHY?![/QUOTE]

Because I've already beaten it and I bought it when it was $12.99 + 10% EDGE + 15% employee discount...which meant I wasn't gonna lose any money.

If I ever get the urge to play it again, it's pretty damn cheap right now

I did a double today. Traded:

Metroid Prime (I have another one)
Rainbow Six 3
Psi Ops

and

True Crime
Gungrave Overdose
Shenmue II

for 2x Sealed GT4.

:whistle2:D Thanks CAG.

[quote name='suko_32']Anyone tried Star Wars Battlefront for PS2?[/QUOTE]

It should work, since I'm 100% sure it retails over 9.99 used.

[quote name='Roufuss']It should work, since I'm 100% sure it retails over 9.99 used.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I think it's 17.99 preowned so I guess you're right.

Went today and traded in

Megaman X command mission
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
Metal Arms

employee wasn't sure if the deal worked but after he tried it in the computer it did. My eb had a ton of sealed copies so I got a sealed one. Thanx OP for a great deal. I am going to keep this copy for myself but may trade in some other games I've had laying around for a while to get another couple copies and trade them into gamerush.

bread's done
Back