GT4 HDD combo?

bmulligan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Anybody know if Sony plans to package GT4 with the HDD like final fantasy XI ?

I've been holding off getting this thing because of the limited use of the HD right now and the fact I don't care for the FF type games. But I'd buy it in a NY minute with a GT combo. Any body hear/read anything?

One would hope so. Currently those who've no interest in FF XI need deep pockets to justify buying the drive. GT4 promises to be the first killer app class game that supports the drive. It would be the logical choice for an alternative HDD bundle.

I think they plan to have lots of downloadbale content eventually for one. Also it will probably help toward improving performance a la RE Outbreak.

they need to hurry up with all this downloadable content that is supposed to be available for all these games... ps3 isnt that far away.

They need to first give us that SOCOM II downloadable content they promised a while back for the HDD :?

[quote name='Defensor']They need to first give us that SOCOM II downloadable content they promised a while back for the HDD :?[/quote]
I don't think Sony promised you anything about SOCOM II content. What you heard were rumors and speculation.

[quote name='ex0'][quote name='Defensor']They need to first give us that SOCOM II downloadable content they promised a while back for the HDD :?[/quote]
I don't think Sony promised you anything about SOCOM II content. What you heard were rumors and speculation.[/quote]

No, hes right. Sony promised HDD cotent for SOCOM II.

[quote name='ex0'][quote name='Defensor']They need to first give us that SOCOM II downloadable content they promised a while back for the HDD :?[/quote]
I don't think Sony promised you anything about SOCOM II content. What you heard were rumors and speculation.[/quote]

Yes, they did.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='ex0'][quote name='Defensor']They need to first give us that SOCOM II downloadable content they promised a while back for the HDD :?[/quote]

No, hes right. Sony promised HDD cotent for SOCOM II.[/quote]
I don't remember them promising anything (A link would be nice to prove my stupidity). I think they said that they were working on it, however they never officially said they were releasing any.

On the one hand I do hope they do something because it means it would be sweet for GT4, but on the other hand I hope they don't use it at all really because I'm not sure I want to spend the dough on it.

I'm going to miss my custom soundtracks and analog triggers, I hope this game reminds me why I loved all the previous GT games.

I have no problem with paying for the HDD kit but I don’t think FF Online is something I would enjoy. If another game were bundled with it I would not hesitate, GT4 or even Resident Evil Outbreak would be more appealing. Better yet, like others have said, sell the HDD by itself and let the consumer choose the game.

I've read that Sony is looking for an "HDD alternative", a la a larger capacity memory card. That's just speculation, so I'm not sure if GT4 will even support the HDD if this new storage device surfaces.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']I've read that Sony is looking for an "HDD alternative", a la a larger capacity memory card. That's just speculation, so I'm not sure if GT4 will even support the HDD if this new storage device surfaces.[/quote]

That would be one huge flash card.

Then again, there are those rumors about the next Xbox, so who knows?

I doubt they'd abandon the HDD this quickly. Perhaps they are looking to an alternative for the PS3 to cut productoins costs. If they abandon it now, not only will they have unhappy consumers for obvious reasons, but also unhappy game companies like Sqaure Enix and any other company that planned to use the hard drive as a feature in their games.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='ex0'](A link would be nice to prove my stupidity).[/quote]

here's your link, as per your request.[/quote]

Link my have a virus! Mcafee detected a virus when visiting the link.

bread's done
Back