GT5 won't release outside of Japan until summer 2010

I give up on this game. I'm tired of just having to always wait. It kind of makes sense, seeing how crowded Q1 is, but damn, it's been like five years now.

[quote name='Thongsy']It kind of makes sense, seeing how crowded Q1 is, but damn, it's been like five years now.[/QUOTE]

Given that Sony is scheduled to release GoWIII, ModNation Racer, and maybe Heavy Rain in Q1 then this is the best decision.

And this should be in the PS3 forum, not General Gaming.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Given that Sony is scheduled to release GoWIII, ModNation Racer, and maybe Heavy Rain in Q1 then this is the best decision.

And this should be in the PS3 forum, not General Gaming.[/QUOTE]
why dont you just ask to be a mod?

This sucks. How long ago did fucking GT Prologue come out? Two years? If this game doesn't shit all over Forza 3 and prove itself to be better in every single way, the wait will not have been worth it.

I get it, they want to release the best game possible but a near-five year development schedule for one game is ridiculous. I wonder if it'll wind up like GT PSP where it doesn't even have many of the newest cars (370Z for example) due to parts of the game being completed years ago.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']why dont you just ask to be a mod?[/QUOTE]

Because 99% of the CAG posters know the appropriate place to post, so there's no need to increase their ranks.

Yeah, this game better be the best game ever. I doubt it will disappoint, but they do need to hurry before the cars aren't so "new" anymore. The only ridiculous car they might be missing if Summer '10 is the release is the 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia.

Damn... seriously, this better be the most perfectly realized racing game ever made for them to take this long.

[quote name='Ecofreak']
And this should be in the PS3 forum, not General Gaming.[/QUOTE]

Nah, this deserves to be publicly ridiculed.

what a mess of a game. good job sony!

Maybe Forza 4 will come out in the mean time and use more obvious features that GT5 doesn't have implemented yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was delayed until october-november 2010. The first 1/2 of the year is packed full of high profile games, so moving GT5 to the end of the year will help pacing, plus GT games have always been system sellers and releasing it during the busiest time of the year will help Sony move a lot of consoles.

I don't get the argument that other games are going to be released so GT5 is moving. GT5 should come out and force other games to be moved.

Modern Warfare 2 was given a date and other companies moved their games. Saying GT5 is moving because of too many games is a cop out answer in my eyes. Have the balls to say the real reason.

At this point the game is almost guaranteed to dissapoint.

It would have to be perfect, or least much better than Forza 3 in every area.

[quote name='Puffa469']At this point the game is almost guaranteed to dissapoint.

It would have to be perfect, or least much better than Forza 3 in every area.[/QUOTE]

True, but in-fairness if it was better than Forza 3 I'd consider finally getting a PS3.

bread's done
Back