GTA: Chinatown Wars $29.99 @ Amazon

FYI, same price at buy.com and newegg.

Edit: Buy.com also runs an ebay store. I used a 10% off coupon that was in my ebay mailbox to get it for $26.99 shipped. Oh, and I also used Microsoft cashback to potentially get another $3 in cashback. WHOOP! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will go through buy.com since I have a $10 off my next order code. $19.99 with free shipping for this game is beyond worth it! Thanks for the post.

[quote name='mrmoodz']I will go through buy.com since I have a $10 off my next order code. $19.99 with free shipping for this game is beyond worth it! Thanks for the post.[/quote]

Is there any way to get these $10 coupons without signing up for those rewards programs? http://www.buy.com/toc/wl-rewards/63206.html My friend told me she gets them monthly or something, and apparently she didn't use a credit card or anything, either.

[quote name='briandadude']FYI, same price at buy.com and newegg.

Edit: Buy.com also runs an ebay store. I used a 10% off coupon that was in my ebay mailbox to get it for $26.99 shipped. Oh, and I also used Microsoft cashback to potentially get another $3 in cashback. WHOOP! :)[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder, that was enough to get me to bite at Buy's Ebay store. Its a little tricky because they use a customized checkout and you can't enter the coupon until you are on PayPal's site right at the end of checkout.

[quote name='gamerjuice']No its normally around 40 bucks, so this price is a steal.
i.gif

[/quote]

Yeah a steal, no doubt about that.

I skipped the last two GTA's and caved on this one (I'm a sucker for DS games and wanted to support these kind of games on the DS) and I have to say that this game has me enthralled. Going around the Liberty City looking for good prices on drugs to buy or sell is as addicting as I imagine the drugs to be. Lol. Great game.

Similar to last year's Amazon promotion, Buy.com is offering $15 off $50 when you sign up and use Bill Me Later. Good deal if there's something else you want ($20.02 or more).

[quote name='Kerig']Similar to last year's Amazon promotion, Buy.com is offering $15 off $50 when you sign up and use Bill Me Later. Good deal if there's something else you want ($20.02 or more).[/quote]

But Bill Me Later is not a good deal. It's credit (which means a hard pull on a credit report = not worth saving $15.00).

From their site:

What does Subject to Credit Approval mean?
Bill Me Later® is a credit account that you can use to make purchases. CIT Bank will review and consider your credit report and other credit related information prior to approval. Creditworthiness is determined by CIT Bank.

Do you review my credit report every time I make a purchase?
CIT Bank does not review your credit report for each transaction. However, your credit report may be reviewed for some transactions and periodically to provide you with the maximum buying power possible.

Do I have a credit line and how much is it?
CIT Bank does not issue a credit line. To enhance your convenience, security and buying power, CIT Bank approves and extends credit for each transaction.

[quote name='Law_Professor']But Bill Me Later is not a good deal. It's credit (which means a hard pull on a credit report = not worth saving $15.00).

From their site:[/quote]

If you're going to pay for the items right away, then it is a good deal. It doesn't negatively effect your credit score unless you don't pay. In fact, even the credit check doesn't show up as an inquiry on your credit report.

[quote name='Shady3011']If you're going to pay for the items right away, then it is a good deal. It doesn't negatively effect your credit score unless you don't pay. In fact, even the credit check doesn't show up as an inquiry on your credit report.[/quote]

It is my understanding that Bill Me Later performs a HARD pull on your credit report. In which case that DOES have a negative impact on your report. Also, opening a new account (which you would effectively do) lowers the average age of your credit accounts, thus also having a negative impact.

Source: http://consumerist.com/consumer/hard-pulls/bill-me-later-can-ding-your-credit-score-333800.php

EDIT:

Straight from the horses mouth:

"We follow standard industry practice which is hard inquiry at the point the customer applies and soft inquiry for updates on existing accounts.

Regards,
Heather Fields
Bill Me Later, Inc."

[quote name='dealighted']This is okay but dont you guys think it is probably just like all the other GTA games?[/quote]

What's your point?

bread's done
Back