GTA Classics 75% off - $7.49 on Steam!

[quote name='dcon agent 000']I've heard some bad things about this port.

Have they patched the various bugs already?[/QUOTE]
I too would like to know that question. Otherwise, I'll wait for the Wii version to become cheaper.

The 3rd party games on Steam are basically the boxed versions.
The only GFWL games from Rockstar are IV and Episodes from Liberty City.

Here we go:

- From what I've been told, yes, the game is patched and functions properly; No random crashes.
- No Achievements; Bully: Scholarship Edition is not a Games for Windows Live title.

$7.49 isn't a bad price for those interested. Now that I've seen the Bully deal, I'm satisfied; Steam, go back to regular sales.

Best R* game ever, by a long shot; and well worth $7.50. Any gamer who hasn't played Bully is seriously missing out.

That said, I've also heard nothing but negative comments about the quality of the PC port, so CAG's might be better served by putting the $7.50 towards the 360 or Wii version. Even the PS2 version is fine, just keep in mind that the framerate is lower than most PS2 games, but it's definitely playable.

Sort of an open sandbox game, think GTA but in prep-school.

I played through it when Rebel FM did gameclub -- it's an awesome game. The music is excellent, side missions are fun, and it gives you plenty to do -- or you can just roll through the campaign.

Thanks OP! I had been waiting since this sale started for this game to get marked down and to think I almost slept through it. I have it on 360 already but I would like having the PC version as well since I can bump up the graphics and have a copy on Steam, especially for this price.

[quote name='mythus']has the game been patched? is it really bad, performance wise?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='EliotAndrews']- From what I've been told, yes, the game is patched and functions properly; No random crashes.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to confirm this on my own, as well; I bought the game new off NewEgg:

Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC)
$5.99 (FREE SHIPPING)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832262074

Better than the Steam deal and buyers get a sealed physical copy.

Am I the only one who is having problems downloading the game? First its very slow to load the final screen and then when I click purchase, it gave me an error after 15-20 seconds.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Better than the Steam deal and buyers get a sealed physical copy.[/QUOTE]
A physical copy is actually a minus these days, for many, me included.

Hot Damn that is a great deal!

I pulled the trigger...for San Andreas alone this is a no-brainer...not to mention the shitload of mods for III-SA.

[quote name='Spooon69']A physical copy is actually a minus these days, for many, me included.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Steam or bust. Especially since my gaming notebook no longer has a DVD drive (SSD for the win).

Anyone else able to get the original GTA to work ?
I keep getting errors and the game won't load. I just tried to download part 2 and got a steam message saying the servers are too busy, please try again in a few minutes.

[quote name='squishface']Anyone else able to get the original GTA to work ?
I keep getting errors and the game won't load. I just tried to download part 2 and got a steam message saying the servers are too busy, please try again in a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

Their servers are probably getting killed from everyone downloading their purchases. These server errors were common during their holiday sale.

[quote name='dallascowboys']that's bs that they did the gta classics pack after putting III, San Andreas and Vice City on 75%.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorta upset here too, after getting GTA III and VC for 2.50 each and wanting to get SA when it came out which would probably also be 2.50 for 7.50 total...

[quote name='ryanflucas']If anyone happened to pickup an extra GTA VC during the $2.50 sale I'll give you $5 if you gift it to me.[/QUOTE]

ygpm

bread's done
Back