GTA Hot Coffee Law Suit Result: You can get upto $35 if you purchased before July 05.

tarokako

CAGiversary!
The recently settled class action lawsuit against Rockstar Games and publisher Take-Two Interactive has born cash fruit for those who have had their sensibilities offended by the type of salacious content seen above. Now's your chance to cash in, as the attorneys involved already have, reaping a $1 million payment (minus $45,000 in costs) as part of the agreement. Your profit? Up to $35, should you have the receipt in hand, or as little as $5 if your willing to take the time to file. The pay-outs are as follows.
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas First Edition Disc - Replacement Disc
  • Detailed Store Receipt - Cash payment up to $35.00
  • General Credit Card Statement or Check - Cash payment up to $17.50
  • Disc/Purchase Details - Cash payment up to $10.00
  • No Disc/Purchase Details - Cash payment up to $5.00
Gaming Steve noted that the masses are well aware of the settlement opportunities, now that ads are running in magazines like People. Everyone involved has until May 16 to grab their cash. Good luck!

http://www.gtasettlement.com/

(Thanks to kotaku.com)

I bought my copy used (which I think precludes me from this settlement), but how do you tell if its a first edition or not?

Maybe I want my excessively difficult to access pixilated nudity, did they ever think of that? And I pre ordered this game from EB (biggest waste of $50 ever considering I played about 3 missions and never picked it up again) and picked it up like the day it came out... wtf would anyone expect me to still have the sales reciept three years later?

Requirements state that you must be offended by the content. That leaves me out! Rockstar, you can keep my five dollars. Release the next one "unrated." It seems that stores have a real problem with NC-17 material or MO games, but have no qualms about "unrated" version DVDs. Bit of a joke, no?

[quote name='jlarlee']sold mine on ebay for like $80 I think I made enough.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They require you to SEND THE GAME IN. You can sell it for more then the $5 you will get and without being a complete tool.

bread's done
Back