GTA IV 360 & PS3 $14.99 used @ BlockBuster (plus B1G1 free on $14.99 and under)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedeath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
with the buy one get one free deal going on. might be a time for anyone who did not play this to pick it up

sorry in advance if posted

she works at the BB in old Forge, pa

she said it was just marked down today

-----------------------------------------

Edit by Io...

Update 12/28 - Mass Effect is now also $14.99 at BBV, making it eligible for the B1G1!

This deal has been discussed at great length in the Blockbuster thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

But since GTA IV for $14.99 (used) is such a great deal we'll keep this second thread around to highlight that part of the sale for CAGs who may normally avoid the BBV thread. Note that all used games $14.99 and under are Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Blockbuster right now, so, really, GTA IV is only $7.50 if you can pair it up with another $14.99 game. Please continue general discussion of the B1G1 sale in the Blockbuster thread and only post about GTA IV in this thread.

Some details that may answer a few questions though:

1) EVERY Blockbuster in the U.S. with the exception of franchise stores should have the $14.99 pricing for both the 360 and PS3 version and should also have the B1G1 sale running. Both are [highlight]automatic[/highlight] so no matter what you are told by the store employees you will get the deal (unless they override it manually). The price drop just happened so many stores will still have them tagged $24.99 or $29.99. TRUST in CAG and you will get your cheap GTA IV ;).

2) For the most part, these were former rental copies and thus just about every Blockbuster should be overflowing with this game, particularly for the 360. When buying a copy make sure to ask to look at a few discs so you get a good one. Chances are they had a few copies that never got rented at all and are still mint.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Blockbuster puts games in what ever cases are available, you ended up with a DVD case or a PS2 case with your copy of GTA. Since there are so many available it shouldn't have been too hard to locate one with a green case.[/quote]

That is unless their BBV is one of the ones still tossing out PS3/360 cases in the dumpster en masse once they plop the 10-12 display copy cases with artwork and manuals on the shelf along with the copies of the discs transferred over into those horrible BBV cases.

Luckily, some of my local stores stopped doing that a while back and keep the PS3 and 360 cases as extras. Unfortunately, however, I've seen PS2 games in PS3 and 360 cases.

anyone know the trade in value for Prince of persia (ps3) at game rush? i bought it for 50, gonna beat it today... if i get good value i'll trade it in.

[quote name='BlackWindEXE']anyone know the trade in value for Prince of persia (ps3) at game rush? i bought it for 50, gonna beat it today... if i get good value i'll trade it in.[/QUOTE]

You would get $36 this is the price for most new release PS3 games at BB/GR. Remember that most games on the PS3 get a buck more than their 360 counterparts. I don't know why they do this but that is the way it is.

I love the discussion sometimes, but most of the time, it is too much. Folks should just post TIVs and maybe what they were able to find. I would be more than happy to help in any way I could io.

TIV @ Blockbuster on 12/20/08

:360: Prince of Persia = $35
:360: Tom Clancy Endwar = $35
:360: Far Cry 2 = $32
:360: Rock Band 2 Game Only = $25
:ps3: Prince of Persia = $36

[quote name='jgressley']TIV @ Blockbuster on 12/20/08

:360: Prince of Persia = $35
:360: Tom Clancy Endwar = $35
:360: Far Cry 2 = $32
:360: Rock Band 2 Game Only = $25
:ps3: Prince of Persia = $36[/quote]

WRONG THREAD

Seriously this whole thing should be apart of the Blockbuster thread.

There's a lot of people who don't want to wade through hundreds of pages of BB/GR thread and wouldn't have seen this GTA4 deal any other way, myself included, so thanks for the thread OP.

Devil May Cry 4 PS3 and The Orange Box 360 - 19.99
GTA4 PS3 and GTA4 PS3 - 10.49
Monster Madness PS3 and Forza 2 360 - 14.99

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Blockbuster puts games in what ever cases are available, you ended up with a DVD case or a PS2 case with your copy of GTA. Since there are so many available it shouldn't have been too hard to locate one with a green case.[/quote]

Yeah, it was a DVD case. I went back today and exchanged NBA Live 08 for another perfect, clean copy of GTA IV. This one came in the green case. I actually like the black case, though. GTA is a dark game, and I feel the black case matches it thematically. No worries, either way.

Now I can take my new copy of GTA IV back to Radio Shack, which cost $27.

[quote name='Snake2715']Me and the cousin split GTA IV... $7.50 for it is not bad i suppose. i have yet to play it.[/quote]

You get it for PS3 or 360? I ask because there's a CAG GTA night(typically Wednesdays at 10pm), but that's for those with the PS3 version(which I have).

I'm sure there's also a group for the 360 version though, but I never checked the 360 board since I only have the PS3.

[quote name='robbart914']Thanks OP! Got in on this. Never would have noticed it in the BBV thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you would have because every other posts is about how many are the stores people are buying them from.

Funny thing is I already played the 360 version because I bought the Collector's Edition at midnight launch when it came out but I traded it in a while ago. Now, I am debating should I pick it back up at this price for the DLC that is suppose to be coming in the spring or should I say fuck it and play it on PS3 which I have played all the GTA since III on?

Thanks for this! I just went & picked up 2 copies of GTA IV (which weren't marked down yet) as well as a couple crappy $4.99 games for the achievements which I'll prolly goozex/gamestop later. The manager was asking how I knew about GTA being $14.99 which was funny.

blah, had a bunch of ps3 (8-10) and xbox 360 (15-20) advertised outside in front of the store (tampa, FL). B1G1 on games and prices were marked down to $15. So I grabbed a couple ps3 ones that had real cases and both didn't have manuals.. so grabbed a couple others to see if they had manuals and no go so I said F it. didn't really want to bother. wanted to give it as gifts and didn't want to look uber ghetto. lol

[quote name='aznguyen316']blah, had a bunch of ps3 (8-10) and xbox 360 (15-20) advertised outside in front of the store (tampa, FL). B1G1 on games and prices were marked down to $15. So I grabbed a couple ps3 ones that had real cases and both didn't have manuals.. so grabbed a couple others to see if they had manuals and no go so I said F it. didn't really want to bother. wanted to give it as gifts and didn't want to look uber ghetto. lol[/QUOTE]

You know you could have just checked and taken the manuals out of the boxes on the wall if the employees at that store were too lazy to take them out. I have done this several times when buying things used.

[quote name='cdeener']You know you could have just checked and taken the manuals out of the boxes on the wall if the employees at that store were too lazy to take them out. I have done this several times when buying things used.[/quote]

off the walls as in rentals? Guess I didn't think of that, but the rest that were for sale were all in those locked cases and they were all outside. And given the situation (1 employee checking out and having a good line behind me as well as waiting in line for 10minutes) I wasn't about to take up more time. It's not a big deal, not necessary gifts, just kinda came to mind b/c I wanted to be nice haha

[quote name='david12795']Wait so do you have to buy a certain game to buy GTA 4 for 14.99?[/QUOTE]

Uh, no - but you could get another $14.99 and under game FREE along with it.

[quote name='arrtee121']my blockbuster didn't have gta4 on sale..[/QUOTE]

It is if it is a corporate store - did you just look at the tag or actually have them ring it up?

Also, I'm cleaning out all the non-GTA IV posts from this thread. If it keeps up I'll shut this thread down in a day or two. But I'm hesitant as it seems many are finding this deal independently because of this thread...

I went to my Blockbuster today (which I'm sure sure is a corporate store - they used to give out their DVD cases when they transferred DVDs to their Blockbustr cases - they stopped this recently and the manger told me it's because they've gone corporate) and GTA IV was marked as $24.99, had them price check it - still $24.99.

Don't know what the deal was?

Don't know what to say to that unless the price has gone back up today which would be very unusual. We'll see if anyone else has that problem. In all the history of the BBV/GR thread we have never seen different prices (sale or trade-in) at different (corporate) stores. So it would be a first, I think, if it was really priced differently at different stores.

Note there is one other small possibility. The bar codes they print and put on the used games can sometimes be wrong (for a different game). This will result in games appearing to be different prices, but really they are just scanning for a different game.

My local blockbuster is a corporate store and they had it priced at 29.99 when I went in... not sure why. Condemned 2 was 19.99.

They did have the B1G1 / B2G2 sales that the other corporate stores are doing so I'm not sure why... still picked up a few games though

[quote name='igotnodough']do you need to have a blockbuster card?[/QUOTE]

Not if you are just purchasing things.

First blockbuster i went to, they had GTA4 without original case and lair with original case. I said oh well and went to buy them, but they lost the lair disc and the GTA4 didnt look tempting to me anymore. So i bought Genji + Untold Legends for 10 bucks. Unbelievable deal. I ended up going to like 8 different blockbusters before finding one with GTA4 in stock, and as luck would have it, they had 2 of them in stock with original cases. Snagged both of them up. One is going to be traded away, the other will go to my brother with his other games i bought for christmas. He is going to be psyched.

PS3 versions btw.

went to four different blockbusters in San Francisco. Only one had several PS3 GTAIVs, and it was marked $29.99. I had the clerk can it and it still rang up $29.99. Oh well.

Tru Tru

I picked up:

Blue Dragon + Orange Box= $14.99
Sonic Riders (Wii) + No More Heroes (Wii) B*ITCHES= $14.98

[quote name='js097']went to four different blockbusters in San Francisco. Only one had several PS3 GTAIVs, and it was marked $29.99. I had the clerk can it and it still rang up $29.99. Oh well.[/quote]

Same for south bay except they were $24.99 for X360.

I just got back, with my copies of GTA IV and some other games (for gifts) in hand. My blockbuster was doing a Buy 2 Get 2, which is basically the same though you did need to get 2 games for $15.

Either way, great find! I've been waiting to get GTA IV for awhile. Thanks OP! :applause:

Rolled into my nearby BB (Decatur, GA, the one on Flat Shoals off Candler) and they had several GTA 4's for both the 360 and PS3, each marked $14.99. Grabbed me a 360 copy and got The Club for free. Strangely enough, while they had plenty GTA4's? Not so much selection for my freebie game. I figure The Club had to be better then Golden Compass or Pirates Of The Caribbean.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up... :twisted:

picked up-

Suikoden V -9.99
Hack//Quarantine -9.99 yay
FF revenant wings -6.99 (mismarked)
Hack//Infection -6.99

Diff. BB

Unreal Tourney PS3 -14.99
Advance wars days of ruin- 14.99

[quote name='lolwaut']lolwauthappened?[/QUOTE]

What happened is I keep deleting stuff that isn't directly related to the GTA IV sale at BBV ;).

[quote name='js097']went to four different blockbusters in San Francisco. Only one had several PS3 GTAIVs, and it was marked $29.99. I had the clerk can it and it still rang up $29.99. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I went to two Blockbusters - GTA rang up as $40.99.

Was about to give up and go home... but decided to go to one more store.

Found it! Thanks OP.

[quote name='sabin23']I went to two Blockbusters - GTA rang up as $40.99.

Found it! Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Well, THAT one I can explain - $40.99 is the NEW price at Blockbuster. They are having a fairly comprehensive clearance on new games that has been ongoing for a while (again, read the BBV thread for more info). GTA IV is the odd price of $40.99 new - so what they did there was scan the bar code on the game and not the used bar code that is stuck on the case for used games. That is a common occurence with less knowledgable BBV employees ;).

[quote name='sabin23']I went to two Blockbusters - GTA rang up as $40.99.

Found it! Thanks OP.[/quote]

And that store is located...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back