GTA IV 360 & PS3 $14.99 used @ BlockBuster (plus B1G1 free on $14.99 and under)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedeath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
with the buy one get one free deal going on. might be a time for anyone who did not play this to pick it up

sorry in advance if posted

she works at the BB in old Forge, pa

she said it was just marked down today

-----------------------------------------

Edit by Io...

Update 12/28 - Mass Effect is now also $14.99 at BBV, making it eligible for the B1G1!

This deal has been discussed at great length in the Blockbuster thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

But since GTA IV for $14.99 (used) is such a great deal we'll keep this second thread around to highlight that part of the sale for CAGs who may normally avoid the BBV thread. Note that all used games $14.99 and under are Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Blockbuster right now, so, really, GTA IV is only $7.50 if you can pair it up with another $14.99 game. Please continue general discussion of the B1G1 sale in the Blockbuster thread and only post about GTA IV in this thread.

Some details that may answer a few questions though:

1) EVERY Blockbuster in the U.S. with the exception of franchise stores should have the $14.99 pricing for both the 360 and PS3 version and should also have the B1G1 sale running. Both are [highlight]automatic[/highlight] so no matter what you are told by the store employees you will get the deal (unless they override it manually). The price drop just happened so many stores will still have them tagged $24.99 or $29.99. TRUST in CAG and you will get your cheap GTA IV ;).

2) For the most part, these were former rental copies and thus just about every Blockbuster should be overflowing with this game, particularly for the 360. When buying a copy make sure to ask to look at a few discs so you get a good one. Chances are they had a few copies that never got rented at all and are still mint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to the guy who quoted FYE as giving $14 cash was way off. Wasted my time going this morning to just get offered $9. fuck that.

I listed it on Craigslist and found a guy who traded me a mint Call of Duty Modern Warfare GotY edition straight up. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

So final haul:
GTA4
LAIR
CoD MW GotY
Battle of the Bands

Not bad for $30 total.

[quote name='adawg555']Quick question from someone un-informed about buying games at BBV.

Do you need a membership to buy used games?[/quote]
No.

[quote name='adawg555']Quick question from someone un-informed about buying games at BBV.

Do you need a membership to buy used games?[/quote]
no. I think you only need a membership if you rent from them

just picked up turok and gta iv for 360 for 15. or 16 with tax. gta iv was marked at 44.99 lol. and turok was priced at 24.99 but i told them to check the price.

I got Dark Sector and TimeShift for 9.99 and also got Frontlines and The Club for 15. Four games for 25 bucks isn't too shabby at all.

[quote name='david12795']Hmm weird. This employee gave me 4 of these this for free when I bought another copy of GTA today

2476508659_92d07a1297.jpg
[/quote]

So am I the only one who got this?

Hit up 3 today, snagged
360 GTA4 15
360 Dark Sector 10
360 Blue Dragon free
360 Condemned 2 (PS3 version rang up at 19.99 though :( ) free
Wii No More Heroes 15
DS Donkey Kong Climber free
DS Ninja Gaiden 15
Xbox Suffering Ties Bind 5
Xbox Jedi Academy free
GC Pikmin 2 free
GC WWE Day of R. 2 free
Wii Bully 15
PS2 Silent Hill 4 10
PS2 Suffering free

All and all a very nice haul, might run over to a couple more tomorrow. Thank you CAG's!

Got GTAIV, (Virtually unplayed with mint map and case)
Psychonauts,
MLB Power Pros,
Elebits (for de keeds)
Nights,
and Geometry Wars Galaxies all for $34.00 after tax. A steal!
Tried to get Dark Sector, but the BOG only applies to USED games. DS was new @$14.00

[quote name='david12795']So am I the only one who got this?[/QUOTE]

That was their preorder bonus for the game so many stores have a lot of those left over.

I picked up GTA IV (360) and condemned 2 (360)

I really wanted orange box but the selection was very small at my BB, I was happy just to get GTA 4

In for a GTA 4 for $16.04 tax included. I also picked up a Spiderman FOF for my 7 year old's stocking for the free game. Merry Xmas to all and to all a good holiday of gaming!

[quote name='Ravenous']Well to the guy who quoted FYE as giving $14 cash was way off. Wasted my time going this morning to just get offered $9. fuck that.[/quote]

I believe that might have been me. However, I assumed that most know that the initial trade in value quote is for CREDIT first and foremost, with cash being 20% or so less.

Many places offer cash trade values now, though some have the OPTION to but don't(Blockbuster).

Speaking of rental chains(and I apologize to IO in advance), but has anyone checked value of GTAIV at Hollywood Video yet? I think used copies of the game were going for $40 there last time I checked.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I believe that might have been me. However, I assumed that most know that the initial trade in value quote is for CREDIT first and foremost, with cash being 20% or so less.

Many places offer cash trade values now, though some have the OPTION to but don't(Blockbuster).

Speaking of rental chains(and I apologize to IO in advance), but has anyone checked value of GTAIV at Hollywood Video yet? I think used copies of the game were going for $40 there last time I checked.[/quote]

Mmmm wasted his 'time' for a measley $5. Hope he walked or took his electric scooter.

[quote name='Fropwns']Not all BBV are running the deal, at least they are not doing it in NW Arkansas. =([/QUOTE]

Maybe you ran into a franchise store rather than a corporate one?

Couldn't find any :ps3: GTAIV at the two stores I went to. I already got it from Overstock, but thought I'd report. The two stores are Seymour, CT and Hamden, CT.

Picked up the following:

:ps3: Lair 14.99
:gc: MGS: TS FREE (9.99)

:ps2: Haunting Ground 9.99
:wii: Octomania FREE (6.99)

[quote name='david12795']So am I the only one who got this?[/quote]

That was the pre-order bonus. They got tons of these. My store offered to give me a case of them when they were throwing them out. I passed :)

[quote name='theflicker']Maybe you ran into a franchise store rather than a corporate one?

Couldn't find any :ps3: GTAIV at the two stores I went to. I already got it from Overstock, but thought I'd report. The two stores are Seymour, CT and Hamden, CT.

Picked up the following:

:wii: Octomania FREE (6.99)[/quote]

You're probably right.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

[quote name='Ravenous']Well to the guy who quoted FYE as giving $14 cash was way off. Wasted my time going this morning to just get offered $9. fuck that.

[/quote]

I believe that might have been me. However, I assumed that most know that the initial trade in value quote is for CREDIT first and foremost, with cash being 20% or so less.

[/quote]

IATCG, I gave out the $14 cash for PS3 GTA IV.

Bezerker confirmed the $13 cash, $16.25 store credit for 360 GTA IV on 12/16. I double checked both secondspin.com and wherehouse.com and saw that 360/ps3 was $13/$14, and posted that 12/19.

Then 4 hours later SegaSonic01 and Bezerker updated the TiV as $9 at FYE. I checked wherehouse.com and secondspin.com but they held at $13/$14. I was going to try to get an in-store quote, but the FYE employees said they aren't doing trades or trade quotes until new year's.

So the TiV dropped. It happens. I just don't want IATCG to catch hell for misinfo I put out there. It's just another case of FYE being able to change TiVs at any time.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']How long is te BOGO sale going to go on for? I'm VERY tempted to bite on GTAIV[/quote]

I'd answer this, but I already have. 2-3 pages back I think. not trying to be a dick, but I honestly don't remember now.. I think I said 1/19 though. Sometime mid-jan for sure.

[quote name='Dante Devil']Is the Orange Box down to 14.99?[/quote]

Yes. For 360 used at least, not sure about PS3.

[quote name='JAR']IATCG, I gave out the $14 cash for PS3 GTA IV.

Bezerker confirmed the $13 cash, $16.25 store credit for 360 GTA IV on 12/16. I double checked both secondspin.com and wherehouse.com and saw that 360/ps3 was $13/$14, and posted that 12/19.

Then 4 hours later SegaSonic01 and Bezerker updated the TiV as $9 at FYE. I checked wherehouse.com and secondspin.com but they held at $13/$14. I was going to try to get an in-store quote, but the FYE employees said they aren't doing trades or trade quotes until new year's.

So the TiV dropped. It happens. I just don't want IATCG to catch hell for misinfo I put out there. It's just another case of FYE being able to change TiVs at any time.[/quote]

Its all good, it worked out better for me cause I was able to just trade GTA4 for a mint Call of Duty MW GotY.

What pissed me off as I went and put up with holiday traffic to rid of the game ASAP as I figured the longer I took the more chance it had of dropping. I was right. I had to drive a long as way to get to that FYE as the one 2 miles from me told me it doenst take games anymore! Half Price books was worse, offered $5! I shoulda just hit Craigs List first.

Glad I didn't bother with FYE, and just traded my two extras to Gamestop.
Their prices are ridiculous, so even if you make a profit on a trade-in, you would lose it when buying their merchandise as everything is overpriced.
I have no idea how that chain is still in business.

[quote name='jalopez86']Has anyone verified this in Chicago?[/QUOTE]

I tried, but sadly, 2 stores and no GTA's in stock.

[quote name='theflicker']Maybe you ran into a franchise store rather than a corporate one?

Picked up the following:

i hope you know mgs:twin snakes' resale value is off the charts. A very rare game.

Just bought genji and gta4 for ps3 . gta4 box wasn't the original, so I went to the rental section and switched boxes =p didn't have the manual/map. Thanks op!

I stopped by my local BB to see if I could pick up a GTA4 and maybe NBA2K8. There is some dude with a stack of games under his arm browsing with me. He asks me what I'm looking for. I say "I'm looking for a GTA4". He says "Oh, I just got the last one." I look and he has like 4 of them.

Sometimes I hate people. So much.

Picked up the following:

MGS:TS is the pickup of this thread:applause:

Damn i wanted gta IV and MlB 2k8, no damn GTA any where...

Bought COD:MW for 32.99... Not sure how good a deal this is though, anyone want to chime in...

[quote name='mkernan']I'd answer this, but I already have. 2-3 pages back I think. not trying to be a dick, but I honestly don't remember now.. I think I said 1/19 though. Sometime mid-jan for sure.

Yes. For 360 used at least, not sure about PS3.[/QUOTE]

It was ringing up at 29.99!

Picked up GTA IV PS3 (the last one they had in the bin) and Turok PS3 for $14.99. Thx OP. There were about 25 GTA IV for the 360.

Got GTA IV (PS3) & Frontlines: Fuel of War at the 14.99 rate.
Got Dark Sector (360) and Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (360) for the 9.99 rate.

Essentially I got 3 Xbox 360 games for my step bro for a little over 15 bucks and a $7.99 GTA IV for myself. Good call! Thanks for the post.

not sure if this has been asked or not..but do you need to be a blockbuster account holder in order to purchase games?

[quote name='ultradude']not sure if this has been asked or not..but do you need to be a blockbuster account holder in order to purchase games?[/QUOTE]

no

Just got back in with GTA IV and VF5 Online and the litho. Took a tiny amount of fenageling but I got it heh. Were trying to tell me that they were only giving them away if anyone spent 25 bucks. Yeah, 25 bucks worth of dvds and a litho for a game they're not buying...like that makes any sense

I was able to exchange my incorrect ps3 maps/blockbuster cases for 360 maps, xbox 360 cases today at another location. People who didn't get manual/maps/original cases might want to go to another location(bring your receipt, of course) as some locations might have a lot of spares.

They have 16 GTA IV (360) left at the BBV on Shunpike Rd. in Cromwell, CT
the guy literally thanked me for buying one. he said they got 60 to rent at that store originally.

I got
Rainbow Six: Vegas
GTA IV
Dark Sector
Virtua Fighter 5 online

Finally found a complete copy of GTA4 for the 360 today (with map, etc), and then a copy of COD3 Gold edition with bonus DVD. Both are in mint condition, the COD3 was only a $10 game but it was one I wanted.

Anyone looking on Boston's North shore should head up to Rowley (MA), they have a large selection of titles in nice condition, a lot of the price stickers are wrong which might be a reason they haven't sold many, and I don't think they even had a B1G1 sign up.

[quote name='Dante Devil']It was ringing up at 29.99![/quote]

Orange Box used for 360 was ringing up $29.99? They (presumably an incompetent employee) must have been reading the new price, not the used price if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back