GTA IV 49.99 shipped from frys preorder

[quote name='guyver2077']whats so good about lion gameS?[/QUOTE]

Well for one we all know how Frys likes to take It's sweetass time shipping items, and then you get the wonderful backorder notice and you have to wait longer. Two, Cheapy D himself sponsored Liongames on his latest Cagcast. Three, they are dirt cheap on some their pre-orders. Lastly, they are losing money on their new pre-orders/releases in hopes you buy used games, but unlike Gamestop/EB this guy delivers quality products and doesn't jip anyone. Plus the guy has excellent customer service.

When you preorder, do they credit your bank account right away, or only after the game ships?

If it's the former, I don't see why you'd give them money months in advance so they can collect interest on it instead of you...

I saw the preview clip for GTA IV, and it was nice graphically...but...I wonder how much more they can do with GTA to keep me hooked. The "shock" factor of the content is pretty much past, and I was bored with San Andreas about halfway though. And Dan Houser said they took out proprty ownership in IV, which was one of the things I really liked; gave me a bigger sense of control.

Oh who am I kidding...I'll buy it and play it and love it.

Ya i am going to support liongames.com myself. I have much respect for the
"mom and pop" video game stores especially in consideration that evil mega-corporations like Wal-Mart essentially have video game distributors by the cajones.

My animus towards large distributors started back in the late 90's. Zelda 64 was being released and I pre-ordered a gold version months in advance. I got to TRU that afternoon and the fascists told me they had no gold version for me and furthermore they couldn't even fill an order for a regular version.

I scowered all of Los Angeles untill I found a mom-and-pop store that had ordered a huge supply. I wish I could remember the name of the store (It was in alhambra)

Then of course there were the countless times I got screwed out of console pre-orders from Gamestop/EBGames.

The moral of the story is to support the smaller game shops, for in my experience I have found that these stores have owners that care more about gaming/gamers than they do about their bottom lines and depriving low income families of healthcare.

[quote name='Serik']When you preorder, do they credit your bank account right away, or only after the game ships?

If it's the former, I don't see why you'd give them money months in advance so they can collect interest on it instead of you...[/QUOTE]

From Frys? They don't charge you until it ships. But that's because all pre-orders are considered 'Back ordered' till the product is actually releases.

They charge you intially then refund the money back to the card. Takes about two hours total.

The only problem with pre-ordering it from Frys is you're going be getting those stupid "Your backorder is over 2 months old. Please verify you'd like to continue to wait for the product" emails.

just to let you all know fry's also has bioshock for preorder at 49.88 and free shipping but once again liongames still is the one to beat

[quote name='rodeojones903']If liongames would do the PS3 version for the same price I would be in. From all the talk lately it seems that will be the better version.[/QUOTE]

...what? why? I think they're going to be identical, with the exception of the 360's exclusive downloadable content.

Also, thanks for the tip on Bioshock - I pre-ordered that from frys.

[quote name='gkrykewy']...what? why? I think they're going to be identical, with the exception of the 360's exclusive downloadable content.

Also, thanks for the tip on Bioshock - I pre-ordered that from frys.[/quote]

Rockstar has stated the 360 is limiting GTA's full potential because of the limited storage capabilites of DVD-9. Not really sure how thats gonna turn out tho.

[quote name='DongHungLong']Rockstar has stated the 360 is limiting GTA's full potential because of the limited storage capabilites of DVD-9. Not really sure how thats gonna turn out tho.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I read those comments as challenges that would be overcome rather than insurmountable limitations that would lead to a gimped 360 version (http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16019). It's clear that the 360 version is going sell far more than the PS3 version, simply owing to the number of systems in homes - as a result, I have to think the 360 is the lead platform (all the press demos have used the 360 version), and the lead platform version is always the version to get if you have a choice.

I'm certain that the 360 version will end up being at least on par, even if multi-disk. We'll see though.

[quote name='icruise']Also the fact that the 360 doesn't have a hard disk standard is apparently causing problems.[/QUOTE]

Actually the person who made those comments in Official Playstation Magazine, Dan Houser, said that both ps3 and 360 have "enormous challenges".

[quote name='OPM']He continued, "To be honest with you we haven't solved all those riddles yet." The difficulties aren't limited to working on Microsoft's box, as Houser explains that "both have enormous challenges" and that "both have their own particular pleasures and pains".[/quote]

Its also worth noting that Rockstar has been using the 360 version to show off the game to the press, if there were serious "issues" with the 360 version, or the ps3 version ran/looked better they might as well use the PS3 for demos.

bread's done
Back