GTA IV trying to draw straight lines and looks like crap.

limelight022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (99%)
So i finally got around to playing gtaIV. Is it just me or do the graphics have a horrible jaggies/antialising problem?

Is it normal to have the "jaggies" in the graphics and would it help if i had a 1080p tv (im running the game in 1080i, its all i have now. Also dont have 720p available.)

the games graphics are ok its the story and lack of interesting side quests and other such things that make the game horrible. but online multiplayer is fun probably the only real fun you will get from the game.

Save yourself the trouble and skip ahead to playing Saints Row 2. Not as polished as GTA but a million times more fun because of how over the top it is and you won't feel like everything is a chore.

Wow - I've got to say I'm impressed - I thought I was the only one on the planet who thought GTA IV was "meh"...

"Good.. Bad... I'm the guy with the gun." -Ash

[quote name='austenwithane']Wow - I've got to say I'm impressed - I thought I was the only one on the planet who thought GTA IV was "meh"...

"Good.. Bad... I'm the guy with the gun." -Ash[/quote]

On CAG it is the standard opinion that has been adopted by the drones. I'm playing it now and enjoying it myself.

Shocking News: We all have different opinions.

Some people like the game. Some people love the game. Some people are indifferent. And some people hate it.

Its just sad remembering how much fun San Andreas was and then the change into a boring, drive from point a to point b, kill c type game.

I think GTA IV is really just the start. Does anyone remember GTA III??? There were HUGE improvements done between Vice CIty and San Andreas and I don't think we'll be dissapointed with the next installment.

You know, I recently just got an HDTV and was pretty disappointed by the jaggies in the game. It's a technical miracle and all that, but they only get bigger and look worse on an HDTV.

[quote name='squidhead442']You know, I recently just got an HDTV and was pretty disappointed by the jaggies in the game. It's a technical miracle and all that, but they only get bigger and look worse on an HDTV.[/quote]
so very true....not the best looking thing on my 50". Think of the GBA add-on for the gamecube.....when you blow up a picture that is normally seen on a 3" (?) screen to a full size television. The jaggies/problems are just amplified.

bread's done
Back