GTA:LCS - who's planning on buying it?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Doesn't GTA come out today (or maybe ship today)? I want to read a few reviews before I actuall plunk down $50 for a video game but I guess I'm planning on getting it. It seems like it will take a while to finish and I need something like that for my PSP...

Yep, already got it preordered through Gamerush, cost me $20 total, just the right price I wanted to pay :D

I think it ships tommorrow, comes out Wednesday? All the ads for this week had it listed as coming out on Wed... reviews should be up tonight or tommorrow I'd wager.

Yeah, I'll probably pick it up this week, but I'm waiting on the reviews before I decide for sure. I have about $25 on an EB gift card and $20 coming in the mail any day from a CAG for a recent trade, so that should just about cover the cost.

NO! DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

This game is evil and it will make you kill people and have random unprotected sex with hookers and steal cars!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME!

EB and Gamestop are saying that it ships today. I've already got mine paid off and can't wait for it. On a side note, I remember when I used to not have any games to play. Now there's X-Men Legends 2, GTA, AND Virtua Tennis. ITs a great time to own a PSP.

I would buy this but i really like my homebrew. Unless this one only makes you update to 2.0 instead of 2.01 I'm prolly gonna pass. I really wished they waited till after the holiday season to release the 2.0 hack

I think it's just a 2.0 update.

It is a great time to be a PSP owner - I've got Virtua Tennis and Burnout keeping me really busy and I'm going to pick up SSX and GTA really soon... plus there's still HSG and Lumines eating my soul.

[quote name='Odenat']I would buy this but i really like my homebrew. Unless this one only makes you update to 2.0 instead of 2.01 I'm prolly gonna pass. I really wished they waited till after the holiday season to release the 2.0 hack[/QUOTE]

Its 2.0, its way too soon for it to have the 2.01 update. I'm pretty sure the 2.01 isn't even technically available for North American download yet.

[quote name='javeryh']I think it's just a 2.0 update.

It is a great time to be a PSP owner - I've got Virtua Tennis and Burnout keeping me really busy and I'm going to pick up SSX and GTA really soon... plus there's still HSG and Lumines eating my soul.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had burnout to keep me busy until I unlocked all the golds in crash and race modes. The only thing keeping me from 100% completion is the stupid legends cars that you can only get my winning them from other people that own the game.

I put $25 on a pre-order at the GameStop in Westfield, NJ. They said it'll be out Wednesday, but I'm going to call them today so then I can pick it up tomorrow if it'll be there.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']I put $25 on a pre-order at the GameStop in Westfield, NJ. They said it'll be out Wednesday, but I'm going to call them today so then I can pick it up tomorrow if it'll be there.[/QUOTE]

That's a brand new GameStop - I haven't been in there yet but it looks nice when I walk by it. Maybe I'll check it out this weekend. I'm always headed to Omaha Steaks which is right there.... mmm... meat...

anyone else think it's wierd that there is no hype for this? also, there are no reviews out for it either yet...

just a littly suspicous to me :/

yes, i'm buying it ;0

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Its 2.0, its way too soon for it to have the 2.01 update. I'm pretty sure the 2.01 isn't even technically available for North American download yet.[/QUOTE]

We have 2.5 already. But, you can just use the version changer and keep your 1.5 and not have to update to play newer games.

[quote name='clockworkvictim']I just read the IGN review, which gave it a 9.
Its weird because most of the review is about how many things are wrong with it, like unbalanced missions, bad control, unable to lock on while moving, etc. Yet they still gave it a great review.... I am going to rent it first, if possible:
http://psp.ign.com/articles/661/661082p1.html[/QUOTE]
It's GTA, it sucks but shock value still adds 5 points to the score, just like the rest of the games.

[quote name='Xenious']I'll probably get it just because I feel the need to finally buy a PSP game outside of my launch titles.[/QUOTE]

Burnout and Virtua Tennis are excellent and SSX is supposed to be great as well (I'm getting it eventually but I might wait for a price drop to $40 or so). The PSP has a handful of great games now...

I was thinking about finally giving in and getting a PSP for this game, but the reviews aren't good enough, plus $50 portable games isn't exactly something I was interested in. I hope the price drops to $200 before X-mas, maybe I'll pick one up then. If not maybe I'll wait til Sony starts a greatest hits line with PSP titles (I hope).

As you might be hearing, the new PSP system bundle is not going to be cheaper. The GIGA Pack is 300 dollars. The "cheaper" system is still and will probably be the 250 dollar Value Pack. So there is no chance that Sony will drop price in either of those two system choices.

[quote name='bil4ltool']I was thinking about finally giving in and getting a PSP for this game, but the reviews aren't good enough, plus $50 portable games isn't exactly something I was interested in. I hope the price drops to $200 before X-mas, maybe I'll pick one up then. If not maybe I'll wait til Sony starts a greatest hits line with PSP titles (I hope).[/QUOTE]

Your going to be waiting for a while on both of these. The system and games are still very expensive to produce and develop. That's why games like Namco Museum and World Series of Poker are $20 for console and $40 for PSP. It isn't because they want to price gouge but rather that the system has high production costs.

Well in that case I will wait, and naturally a better PSP will come out. I've heard rumors about a longer lasting battery, a HDD built in etc. So waiting will be fine. Im going to be dropping a lot of cash on X-mas presents and 360 stuff this year anywho.

[quote name='Quackzilla']It's GTA, it sucks but shock value still adds 5 points to the score, just like the rest of the games.[/QUOTE]

Very true... didn't think of that while I was posting.

Beyond that opinion, the reviewer felt it was time better spent picking away at the faults, seeing how everyone who gives a flying flop knows what to expect. It's yet another PSP Port/expansion Hrbrid, those who love GTA and all it's free form gameplay will be happy, though the game isn't as deep or as engrossing as San Andreas. The haters can continue to hate, because it seems as though GTA still suffers from the "Jack of All Trades" syndrome, in other words, it's a broad game encompassing a multitude of game genres and it does these genres well, but not exceptionally well.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Well in that case I will wait, and naturally a better PSP will come out. I've heard rumors about a longer lasting battery, a HDD built in etc. So waiting will be fine. Im going to be dropping a lot of cash on X-mas presents and 360 stuff this year anywho.[/QUOTE]

Yes a longer lasting battery is coming out, as is a HDD, however both these additions are seperate items that are not going to be package with either the core PSP system, nor the "giga" pack. Any rumors to the contrary are just that, rumors.

In case anyone is wondering, the EB at Manhattan Mall is sold out.
I was actually going to buy SOTC and Katamari II but I overheard the clerk on the phone.

[quote name='CheapyD']In case anyone is wondering, the EB at Manhattan Mall is sold out.
I was actually going to buy SOTC and Katamari II but I overheard the clerk on the phone.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I haven't really heard of a game selling out in a long time... I'm going to call the EB in Rock Center...

[quote name='javeryh']I just called - he said they have a few copies left but if I was going to do it I should do it now.[/QUOTE]Of course they have it. That is the hardest to find EB in the United States.

[quote name='CheapyD']Of course they have it. That is the hardest to find EB in the United States.[/QUOTE]

Haha so true. I always get lost down there.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Beyond that opinion, the reviewer felt it was time better spent picking away at the faults, seeing how everyone who gives a flying flop knows what to expect. It's yet another PSP Port/expansion Hrbrid, those who love GTA and all it's free form gameplay will be happy, though the game isn't as deep or as engrossing as San Andreas. The haters can continue to hate, because it seems as though GTA still suffers from the "Jack of All Trades" syndrome, in other words, it's a broad game encompassing a multitude of game genres and it does these genres well, but not exceptionally well.[/QUOTE]

You touch on something that makes me deeply suspicious about the game. Nobody really seems to be making the point, but it IS just a port, right? GTA III with a FEW tweaks? "Killer App" to me says "brand new city" rather than "old city, some new crap to do." So it's $50 for a portable version of a game that retails along with its sequel for $20? It's not even a portable San Andreas. No thanks.

[quote name='trq']You touch on something that makes me deeply suspicious about the game. Nobody really seems to be making the point, but it IS just a port, right? GTA III with a FEW tweaks? "Killer App" to me says "brand new city" rather than "old city, some new crap to do." So it's $50 for a portable version of a game that retails along with its sequel for $20? It's not even a portable San Andreas. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

It is a brand new game set in Liberty City. New missions, characters, cars, etc. It is a new game and not a port in any way...

Oh yeah, I was going to take a walk to EB but it's freaking pouring out right now so I guess I'll pass on it for now...

Bought it, and so far it's awesome. I THINK (not 100% sure gonna test it out now) they offer custom soundtrack, which is the best idea ever.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Now there's X-Men Legends 2, GTA, AND Virtua Tennis. ITs a great time to own a PSP.[/QUOTE]

3 games make it a great time to own a PSP?

[quote name='The VGM']3 games make it a great time to own a PSP?[/QUOTE]
Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal: Head On, Wipeout Pure, Lumines, Mercury, Burnout Legends, Death Jr., GTA, Legend of Heroes, Popolocois, etc.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Ridge Racer, Twisted Metal: Head On, Wipeout Pure, Lumines, Mercury, Burnout Legends, Death Jr., GTA, Legend of Heroes, Popolocois, etc.[/QUOTE]

Popo and Legend arent even out yet. So how did you play them. :)

[quote name='The VGM']3 games make it a great time to own a PSP?[/QUOTE]

There's a lot more than 3 great games available. Lumines, HSG, Burnout, SSX, Wipeout, Madden, etc...

Okay, so I put music on my PSP and apparently it doesn't have a custom soundtrack...but there's this option in the audio section called "Custom Tracks: Unavailable" and you can't do anything with it. Does that mean they'll add downloadable songs or something? Anyone know?

What type of music are you putting on it?

I hear everyone saying the same thing. Maybe it only works with Atrac3 and they made it as another reason to update to at least 2.0.

bread's done
Back